HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will be bought out on other teams besides the flyers?

Old
06-16-2013, 11:47 PM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Tampa Bay - Vincent Lecavalier ($7.73 million cap hit until 2019-20)

what a terrible contract. This guy has always been one of the most overrated players in the league
Well to be fair he signed that deal when he was one of the better players in the league. He hasn't been the same player ever since that cheap shot from Matt Cooke.

He's definitely not worth even close to that contract but he's still not a bad player. If you were to sign him to a new contract for a couple of million dollars it would be worth it.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 12:06 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Fs View Post
Dany Heatley, Marc-Andre Fleury, Brad Richards, Vincent Lecavalier and Brooks Laich get bought out, I would like to see flyers make a pitch for any of these players.
I would love to see him line up on LW.

Hartnell - Giroux - Simmonds
Laich - Schenn - Voracek
Gagne - Coots - Read
Talbot - Laughton/Gordon (ufa) - Rinaldo

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:47 AM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Out of that list I would like Cole, Gaustad, Havlat (if cheap), Leino (if Lavy stays), Jovanovski, Volchenkov, Richards, Lecavalier.

So basically I would like about everyone from that list. This team could use a second line center like Richards or Lecavalier and then move Schenn to wing and keep Couts as the third line shut down center. Havlat, if healthy, would look great on this team and Leino I am sure would play back like he was before under Lavy. Gaustad would be the fourth line center I been wanting for awhile. Cole, Jovy and Volchenkov are just Flyer type players I would love to have on this team.

Hartnell--Giroux--Voracek
Schenn--Richards--Simmonds
Gagne--Couturier--Havlat
Rinaldo--Gaustad--Talbot

You can then trade Read for Bernier. It won't happen but that line up would be amazing. I just would be afraid that Havlat won't make it through the season so Leino might be the better player there. A healthy Havlat is a good player. That third line would sure look great though and can match up easily against the other teams top line.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 01:54 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

I'm apprehensive about Leino, because he thrived with Briere. Briere will be gone, and Hartnell will likely be on Giroux's LW.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Olesz (Conventional buyout) and Montador (Compliance) are likely events in Chicago this summer

Hawks have already talked to Olesz and his agent and I assume have done same with Montador

And Hossa is not getting bought out ,, Hawks will figure out Hoss situation downroad and deal with it when it becomes issue (Team has shown thru cap hell they will try to win even if it hurts in future)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:51 PM
Scaleo

I'd be interested in Leino if he's bought out.
Hartnell-Giroux-Leino
Simmonds-Schenn-Voracek
Laughton-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Hall-Rinaldo

Scaleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:11 PM
FLYERSFAN18

I have no interest in Leino, been there done that

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:02 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
Out of that list I would like Cole, Gaustad, Havlat (if cheap), Leino (if Lavy stays), Jovanovski, Volchenkov, Richards, Lecavalier.

So basically I would like about everyone from that list. This team could use a second line center like Richards or Lecavalier and then move Schenn to wing and keep Couts as the third line shut down center. Havlat, if healthy, would look great on this team and Leino I am sure would play back like he was before under Lavy. Gaustad would be the fourth line center I been wanting for awhile. Cole, Jovy and Volchenkov are just Flyer type players I would love to have on this team.

Hartnell--Giroux--Voracek
Schenn--Richards--Simmonds
Gagne--Couturier--Havlat
Rinaldo--Gaustad--Talbot

You can then trade Read for Bernier. It won't happen but that line up would be amazing. I just would be afraid that Havlat won't make it through the season so Leino might be the better player there. A healthy Havlat is a good player. That third line would sure look great though and can match up easily against the other teams top line.

i'd be wary about signing Martin Glasslat... i do like him as a player though.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:03 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Leino might work well with Giroux. He's a good puck possession player and could play a Jagr like role on that line. Plus this would allow Voracek to be the main guy on the second line.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 07:56 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilly View Post
Luongo is a good possibility to get bought out.
No he's not.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:10 PM
flyersfan187

Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I have no interest in Leino, been there done that
If they could get him for cheap why wouldn't they? He shown that he can play on this Flyer team and in this system.

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:12 PM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan187 View Post
If they could get him for cheap why wouldn't they? He shown that he can play on this Flyer team and in this system.
If I thought Briere would be here next season I would consider it, but from what Buffalo fans say he was terrible. So other than a one full season and two post seasons he hasn't done anything.

FLYERSFAN18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:55 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
How is Briere a better buyout option than Bryz? Bryz's contract is infinitely worse.
Briere is a better first buyout, which is what the writer was choosing. Higher cap hit to address immediate issues, weak link in the team's strong suit (ie, forwards), and the added special is that Mr. Snider pays very little of actual cash.

Bryzgalov -- while I wouldn't echo Larry's statement that he carried the team -- remains for now the team's #1 goaltender. He played very well for the first 10 or so games this season and until a replacement goaltender is secured, I'd want to keep him and the second buyout.

BernieParent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 11:03 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Briere is a better first buyout, which is what the writer was choosing. Higher cap hit to address immediate issues, weak link in the team's strong suit (ie, forwards), and the added special is that Mr. Snider pays very little of actual cash.

Bryzgalov -- while I wouldn't echo Larry's statement that he carried the team -- remains for now the team's #1 goaltender. He played very well for the first 10 or so games this season and until a replacement goaltender is secured, I'd want to keep him and the second buyout.
Aside from the bolded, we can agree to disagree. 5.6, vs 6.5 is pretty negligible IMO.

I still think Danny can be quite productive, and is a great mentor in the locker room.

I've never thought Bryz had the talent to get 51 over 9. I do think he could be respectable if we played a much different style of hockey.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 04:13 AM

Tampa won't buy out LeCav. Pitts won't buy out Fleury.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:08 AM
dats81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
If I thought Briere would be here next season I would consider it, but from what Buffalo fans say he was terrible. So other than a one full season and two post seasons he hasn't done anything.
The Flyers are lacking play-makers who can slow down the game in the offensive zone at times to get everyone in position or just to buy some time for a line change. Leino and Jagr are names that come to my mind in recent years that have done it pretty well.

Right now they are playing dump and chase way too much and on every line which makes them way too predictable on even strength attack imo.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Aside from the bolded, we can agree to disagree. 5.6, vs 6.5 is pretty negligible IMO.

I still think Danny can be quite productive, and is a great mentor in the locker room.

I've never thought Bryz had the talent to get 51 over 9. I do think he could be respectable if we played a much different style of hockey.
You're looking at Briere's cap hit over the length of the contract not what he is still owed. Briere is set to make 3 mil this season and 2 mil next for a total buyout out of Snider's wallet of 5 mil. Bryzgalov is owed 8 mil in just this season alone.

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Prongo
Beer

More and more speculation growing out there than Vinny L. might actually get bought out.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2013, 08:15 PM
OzFlyer
Registered Boozer

‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Knock me over with a feather, but MTL has officially notified Tomas Kaberle that the dman will be MTL's second and final compliance buyout.

OzFlyer is online now   Reply With Quote