HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off Topic Thread: Part VI: The Pit of Unfathomable Sadness. And Spiders.

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Fighter
Soviet Duck

vCash: 450
A great saturday: afternoon writing the dissertation while the sun shines and the people is out for the real first weekend at the seaside, tonight I have an overnight shift. ****!

Old
06-15-2013, 11:34 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Thoughts on the NFL purse/any kind of larger bag ban?

I think it'll get repealed within a week.

Old
06-15-2013, 12:25 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

vCash: 500
I'm obviously not a big fan due to the monthly needs that requires certain paraphernalia and a "clutch" purse is annoying to carry around makes you a perfect target for theft.

On the other hand it may speed up entrance to games. But the times I've gone the women's line is so much shorter and faster than the men's line (just because there's so many men). And if guys carrying in purses is such a problem then just make a bag line like at the baseball stadium.

They want to improve the fan experience start by curbing the excessive drinking which leads to excessive violence. Not so much worrying about bag size.

Old
06-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Papaspud
upsetting the

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
I'm obviously not a big fan due to the monthly needs that requires certain paraphernalia and a "clutch" purse is annoying to carry around makes you a perfect target for theft.

On the other hand it may speed up entrance to games. But the times I've gone the women's line is so much shorter and faster than the men's line (just because there's so many men). And if guys carrying in purses is such a problem then just make a bag line like at the baseball stadium.

They want to improve the fan experience start by curbing the excessive drinking which leads to excessive violence. Not so much worrying about bag size.
I don't want people measuring my sack.

Old
06-15-2013, 03:15 PM
GermanRocket7
The gunslinger

The Ducks are the main article of the day on German wikipedia (the second-largest Wikipedia in the world). I think that's pretty cool, especially since Hockey isn't that popular in Germany, unfortunately.

Old
06-16-2013, 01:09 AM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

I'm not super far into the Last of Us game but I don't get the hype just yet... I think I'm mostly annoyed by the 2 worthless *****es. I'll be crouching trying to sneakily get around some bad guys and the one chick goes running down the ruins like she's hailing a cab. Then instead of going after her and her actually killing them the enemy goes straight for me. As I'm trying to line up my new friends the little girl decides I'm going to jump on this car in the middle of a fire fight and right in front of you, blocking your shot but yet the bullets are still going right through her and hitting me.

I can't be the only one having this issue which boggles my mind how something with such bad AI got a 10/10

Old
06-16-2013, 03:01 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

The Last of Us (so far) has atrocious enemy scripting (calling it AI would be too generous), even worse friendly AI (as Ducky said, many deaths due to one of the idiots just wandering out into the street or standing up right in front of a window for absolutely no reason while the enemies are looking), has some questionable control scheme decisions, allows you to carry more weapons than you have holsters for but only a very limited amount of ammo or shivs, and thus far has a story line a 3 year old could predict. At least the graphics engine is state of the art. In 2008.

Not real impressed 2 hours in.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:40 AM
2faded

Is it worth getting? I got a PS3 from my brother and have literally played like .5 games on it and just use it for Blu-Rays. I was actually considering buying that game after reading about it. Bad buy?

Also, two other things:
1) Went to the Arclight to watch This is the End. Very funny, and I wasnt even faded. If you like their movies, I recommend it.
2) I love Arclight. The assigned seating is worth the extra $3 compared AMC alone.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:12 PM
DaDucks

My family went to pick their cat (Teemu) up from the vet on Friday. Strangely, the cat the vets office tried to give my family wasn't Teemu. Needless to say we are changing vets.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:31 PM
Unholy
waifu

Haven't been able to play it yet
Will hopefully be up for it tonight after work or will have to wait till tomorrow

06-16-2013, 02:41 PM
mightyquack
You're the man Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
My family went to pick their cat (Teemu) up from the vet on Friday. Strangely, the cat the vets office tried to give my family wasn't Teemu. Needless to say we are changing vets.
Thought your cat would be called Bobby

Old
06-16-2013, 02:43 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
Was going to, but this cat is way too active for that name. Ohhh

Old
06-16-2013, 03:00 PM
Eddie Shack
Bamboo Harvester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
His new cat will be named Sami.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Gibson Les Palms
Jinxes aren't real

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Was going to, but this cat is way too active for that name. Ohhh
Nice.

Old
06-16-2013, 03:32 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
His new cat will be named Sami.
Lol
Did any of your 7 bikes get you anything for Father's Day?

Do the other 6 get jealous when u pick just 1 to ride?

Old
06-16-2013, 05:21 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Its an honest mistake I'm sure. If they've been a good hospital otherwise you should give them another chance.

You get busy, 1 person tells the lowly kennel person to bring that cat up. They point to the wrong cat because they're worried about another patient. Kennel person doesn't question it and boom wrong cat taken out.

Now if there's been other issues then fine. But 1 little slip up like that isn't a huge deal.

Old
06-16-2013, 05:23 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
Is it worth getting? I got a PS3 from my brother and have literally played like .5 games on it and just use it for Blu-Rays. I was actually considering buying that game after reading about it. Bad buy?

Also, two other things:
1) Went to the Arclight to watch This is the End. Very funny, and I wasnt even faded. If you like their movies, I recommend it.
2) I love Arclight. The assigned seating is worth the extra $3 compared AMC alone.
It got the same treatment as every new COD game - the paid review sites and the fanboys react with a "OMG OMG OMG NEW NAUGHTY DOG GAME OMG BESTGAMEEVAHHHH 10!10!10!10!10!11!" The flaws are ignored or overlooked.

The prologue is great, sets an interesting story, but the concept of this game is survival horror immersion and it breaks the immersion repeatedly. The friendly "AI" is idiotic. When you're told you have to be absolutely quiet and move excruciatingly slowly, your companions have loud conversations and literally run around right by and frequently INTO the clickers - with no consequences until they push the enemies close enough to you for them to notice you. Your companions are also immune to the instant death you suffer. They can fire for over a minute at the bad guys at point blank range without killing any of them (I hid and watched, I'm not exaggerating). The enemy AI isn't intelligent, it's just very predictable scripts you can easily figure out and exploit (walking exactly the same pattern EVERY single time). The fighting/shooting controls are extremely sub-par compared to other 3rd person shooters (Dead Space, Gears, etc). The graphics are poor compared to Crysis, Bioshock, Far Cry and the last Halo. Dying is more of an irritant than something you dread, there's no real penalty to it.

Perhaps the story stays good (the prologue was great) but there's no way this game deserves a 10. A 7-8 would be generous.

Old
06-16-2013, 05:29 PM
DaDucks

Quote:
Its an honest mistake I'm sure. If they've been a good hospital otherwise you should give them another chance.

You get busy, 1 person tells the lowly kennel person to bring that cat up. They point to the wrong cat because they're worried about another patient. Kennel person doesn't question it and boom wrong cat taken out.

Now if there's been other issues then fine. But 1 little slip up like that isn't a huge deal.
Little guy has a worm (or something else) in his tummy and this hospital hasn't been able to help him for over a couple months now. Mix in that with the cat mix up and it kind of smells like amateur hour.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:16 AM
Sirquacksalot
¡Viva Los Patos!

Old
06-17-2013, 05:35 PM
Kalvinators
hurrr-durrr

Ducks vs Sharks

Old
06-17-2013, 07:05 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Kal.... that was sooooooo last OT thread

Old
06-17-2013, 10:28 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:

You mean you'd rather use a clutch than putting your paraphernalia in a clear ziplock bag?

It seems like a money grab to me. A) They confiscate the current purse of people who forget B) They get to sell team bags in the team store C) gained concession money from the people who sneak snacks in.

Oh, and "fan safety". I'm sure that's the driving factor...

Old
06-18-2013, 12:55 AM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

I'd rather use my purse than something smaller than my hand or something transparent.

The ban also prevents seat cushions from being brought in as well (dangerous dangerous foam seat cushions) which a lot of packer fans who use those instead of sitting on frozen aluminum benches in december are pretty pissed. If there are 2 groups you want to avoid pissing off its women and packer fans.

Old
06-18-2013, 01:00 AM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

They don't want a bomb going off at an NFL game. The financial hit of the lawsuits plus the lack of fans ever showing up again would end the league. Seriously, how much **** do you honestly need to bring into a football game?

Old
06-18-2013, 01:10 AM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 5265
I take as little as possible with me to the Ducks games just to get through security with ease. Haven't been to a football game in years (obviously) but I never brought alot into Rams game either. The only big thing I remember ever bringing in was a blanket cause it got cold sometimes. ID, money/debit card and my phone is usually all that I bring with the exception of the same monthly need as Duckie but those fit easily in pockets too. The problem I would see is people who have young kids and would need to bring in diaper bags and such.

Closed Thread