HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF's Official Devils Tickets Thread (Discounts Included) Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
06-15-2013, 03:16 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

vCash: 500
when will we actually see tickets pop up on stubhub? when do the STHs get their tix?

Old
06-15-2013, 03:20 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
Well no ****. The people getting free tickets to sell aren't going to complain, genius. I have no problem giving each STH what they deserve. Give the people with 4 seats 4 tickets and so on. But when you start treating all STHs equal in "up to 8 each" it gets ridiculous. The best part from this though is everyone's greed is going to **** each other over.

Your last question also makes no sense as no team tries to profit off draft tickets. Good thing the Devils found a way to let their STHs do it though.

Thankfully I'm busy that day and won't see how the team personally ****s it up day of.
So evidently it matters more when you sell something free for $20 as opposed to selling something you pay $30 for $50 then? Cause I don't see people complaining about profiting off regular tickets.

Besides, not everyone is going to get 6, I imagine they'd fill all the more moderate requests (1,2) first then between that and the regular sth allotment there won't be enough left to give too many people six anyway. The ones they do give six ideally would be the ones who have >2 sth's that got shafted by the two for everyone rule.

I do agree they should have just given everyone the # of draft tickets on their account, I have no idea if they're just copying something other teams do or not.

Old
06-15-2013, 04:52 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
when will we actually see tickets pop up on stubhub? when do the STHs get their tix?
The Devils will give them out as close to the draft as possible, too limit re-selling

Old
06-15-2013, 06:04 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
Seems like it's the non-sth's doing the complaining in this case.
Funny role reversal, isn't it?

Quote:
Clearly the Devils can't win with everyone, if they throw the sth's a bone then everyone else complains about price or availability. If they just gave them away first come first serve then sth's would complain they aren't being rewarded for being the highest paying customers.
I have no problem with STH's getting first dibs. I have a problem with the intentions of STH's to take advantage of those dibs and sell FREE ****ING TICKETS for an event they don't want to go to for a profit. Just a scummy thing to do. The

Quote:
Does it really matter if you buy something from an sth looking to turn a profit or the team looking to turn a profit?
Yeah, considering the event is free. Huge different between a free draft and a priced out game. To reserve as many tickets as possible for a free event with the intention to sell them, well I'm glad STH's get dicked over during the season.

Seems like STH's are pissed at the Devils and taking it out on other fans.

Old
06-15-2013, 06:14 PM
apice3*

Quote:
So evidently it matters more when you sell something free for $20 as opposed to selling something you pay $30 for $50 then? Cause I don't see people complaining about profiting off regular tickets.
You're saying there's no difference between a 40% mark up and a infinite% mark up?

How would you feel if your friend wants to give you his used car, but another friend gets to it first and now wants to sell it to you for $2000?

Old
06-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Team Concept

I would be curious to know how many total entrants there are in the lottery. Because you really can't purchase a ticket first because maybe you won the lottery and really don't need to purchase a draft ticket.

Also, this past week a representative of the Devils called me to simply say that they received my email and I am in the lottery. He asked me if I had any questions. I asked him if the lottery tickets will be a PDF printed ticket or a real ticket. He didn't know the answer.

Old
06-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Scott04

Quote:

Besides, not everyone is going to get 6, I imagine they'd fill all the more moderate requests (1,2) first then between that and the regular sth allotment there won't be enough left to give too many people six anyway. The ones they do give six ideally would be the ones who have >2 sth's that got shafted by the two for everyone rule.

I do agree they should have just given everyone the # of draft tickets on their account, I have no idea if they're just copying something other teams do or not.
Yes, it does matter what you're selling, not the amount of profit. STHs buy their tickets and buy the right to do as they wish with that ticket. Selling that for whatever markup is purely within their right as the ticketholder. Getting something for free from the team when the team has zero obligation to give it (and does it purely as a gift/thank you) and then trying to turn around and sell it is a little uncalled for. Especially since its not just the case of a STH getting their 2 tickets, being unable to go/not having anyone to "give" them to and trying to sell them. Its people getting as many of the extras as they can so they can try to sell up to 8 tickets that is a bit of an issue.

Old
06-16-2013, 04:53 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

I ended up renewing my ST's as I found two guys that are going to buy 15 games each and they already paid me a cash deposit.
I wonder if I will get mote draft tix since I renewed vs not renewing.

Old
06-17-2013, 06:55 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
If it makes you feel better apice - I can't make the draft and I gave my tickets away to someone for free. Figured if they aren't "selling" the tickets, it wasn't fair to ask people to give me money. All I asked from my friend was to give me one of the "STH special tickets" that they're giving out.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:03 AM
njdevil26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
If it makes you feel better apice - I can't make the draft and I gave my tickets away to someone for free. Figured if they aren't "selling" the tickets, it wasn't fair to ask people to give me money. All I asked from my friend was to give me one of the "STH special tickets" that they're giving out.
What time does the draft start? We have a Red Bulls game that day at 2 but still want to go to the draft.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:00 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
What time does the draft start? We have a Red Bulls game that day at 2 but still want to go to the draft.
I believe it starts at 3pm.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:17 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

To each his or her own, I'm probably only giving away a pair too (had to ask for one extra so I wouldn't have to give away a single). I wouldn't be counting on getting freebies if I wasn't an sth though, so I ain't getting on anyone else for doing what they want.

Old
06-17-2013, 12:18 PM
Brick City
Ignore me!

Shame to see some infighting amongst our fans here, particularly when we are (yet again) under attack by the trolls due to the latest financial 'news.' I am a STH and agree that STH's should get extra perks, including free extra tickets to events like the Draft.

Personally, I requested the maximum 6 extras as I have at least as many family and friends who are Devils fans and would like to attend. In the event there are extras, I will gladly give them away for free on this board. Not casting judgment on those who sell, but I do not view the freebies as a profit center and would rather just get more fans in the building.

Old
06-17-2013, 01:40 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
And that is what should be done.

Old
06-17-2013, 01:42 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick City View Post
Shame to see some infighting amongst our fans here, particularly when we are (yet again) under attack by the trolls due to the latest financial 'news.' I am a STH and agree that STH's should get extra perks, including free extra tickets to events like the Draft.

Personally, I requested the maximum 6 extras as I have at least as many family and friends who are Devils fans and would like to attend. In the event there are extras, I will gladly give them away for free on this board. Not casting judgment on those who sell, but I do not view the freebies as a profit center and would rather just get more fans in the building.
And that is how it should be done.

Old
06-17-2013, 02:58 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

On a day where tickets to events at The Rock along with finances is the main topic, has anyone else aside from me purchased tickets to the college hockey tourney in October @ The Rock?

http://www.prucenter.com/default.asp?id=87&objid=1320

I look forward to this and think it will be a fun two nights at The Rock.

Old
06-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Let's go Albany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
On a day where tickets to events at The Rock along with finances is the main topic, has anyone else aside from me purchased tickets to the college hockey tourney in October @ The Rock?

I would have gotten tickets if Cornell was invited.

Although I have to assume Red Hot Hockey at MSG (CU vs. BU) has something to do with them not being there.

Old
06-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
I would have gotten tickets if Cornell was invited.

Although I have to assume Red Hot Hockey at MSG (CU vs. BU) has something to do with them not being there.
Cornell was at The Rock a few years ago, did you go then?

The tourney at The Rock will be real good, I hope our fans pack the place because not many attended the Cornell vs Colgate game a few years ago.

Old
06-17-2013, 04:40 PM
zap14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post

I cashed in on the season ticket holder discount for the 2 day pass.

Old
06-17-2013, 05:44 PM
zap14

I have four tickets posted to my Devils account for the draft.

https://www.stubhub.com/nhl-draft-tickets/4298981/

Stubhub will not be selling tickets for this event.

Old
06-17-2013, 06:34 PM
Status Quo*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zappy3pro View Post
I have four tickets posted to my Devils account for the draft.

https://www.stubhub.com/nhl-draft-tickets/4298981/

Stubhub will not be selling tickets for this event.
well that's just great...

Old
06-17-2013, 07:05 PM
apice3*

It's good that Stubhub won't sell tickets because it helps to hinder the dicks that are trying to make money off of a free gift, but it also hinders people who really want to just go to the friggen draft.

Old
06-17-2013, 08:44 PM
JWomp
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
It's good that Stubhub won't sell tickets because it helps to hinder the dicks that are trying to make money off of a free gift, but it also hinders people who really want to just go to the friggen draft.
I'm sure eBay will be flooded with them. There's already a few for sale.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:07 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWomp View Post
I'm sure eBay will be flooded with them. There's already a few for sale.
Buy it now for 60 dollars. What a joke.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:26 PM
JWomp
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Buy it now for 60 dollars. What a joke.
Prices will fall. I have a feeling you'll be able to snag tickets for under $10 as it gets closer.

Closed Thread