HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

T J Oshie or for.......

Old
06-17-2013, 07:33 PM
domon

vCash: 500
Joe...Pavelski...?

domon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon View Post
Joe...Pavelski...?
If he was signed for more than one year? In a heartbeat.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
He's had far more than 4-5 questionable hits. He's a dirty player.
I think many blues fans including myself would take that Brown trade in a heartbeat.

And Brown isn't a dirty player. Just ask Matt Cooke or Raffi Torres. Brown just hits a lot, and for that reason some of his hits end up looking as if they are dirty, and they certainly might be, but he only hits for positioning, not just to hit like a true dirty player does.

I'd love to have brown on the blues, not to mention Vey put up 67 points in 74 AHL games this season...Vey IMO is the key to this deal.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
....Thomas Vanek?
Have you had a change of heart, Chain? I thought Oshie's work ethic was of concern and for good reason..?

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:09 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 245
I think Brown is a dirty player and I would love to have him on the Blues, imagine him and Backes together, they would destroy

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:12 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretip View Post
Have you had a change of heart, Chain? I thought Oshie's work ethic was of concern and for good reason..?
Wait...He questioned Oshie's work ethic?

CarvinSigX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:20 PM
BlueDream

For any opposing fans who might be wondering, Oshie's work ethic is terrific. One of the hardest working players on the team, along with Steen and a few others. There's no question.

I know he slept through a practice, but that was one time. He plays hard every game, practices hard, and cares a lot about the team, he's become a good leader for us. He also keeps himself in good shape and when he gets injured, he does heal pretty quickly and gets back quicker than he's expected every time.

I like Oshie a lot and don't want to give him up. At some point though, we need goals...I'd probably make all these proposed deals for Brown, Ryan, and Vanek. It wouldn't be easy to do but you have to give to get and those types of trades could work out for both teams.

Oshie doesn't score a ton (probably tops out at 20-25 goals per year max) but his two-way game is excellent.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:32 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Backes, Steen, and Oshie are currently the three forwards that best embody what Hitchcock is trying to accomplish up front on the Blues. It would astonish me if one of those three guys is moved.

EastonBlues22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:49 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Backes, Steen, and Oshie are currently the three forwards that best embody what Hitchcock is trying to accomplish up front on the Blues. It would astonish me if one of those three guys is moved.

Backes and Steen; absolutely.
I think he soured a bit on Oshie during our last bit of PO failure. He had him on the third line and called out that unit twice during the series. He even blasted our entire group of "homegrown" players in his post-series PC. I don't think Oshie did enough to separate himself from the criticism that rest of that group received.

That said; I also don't believe that Oshie is the guy Hitch would want traded. I think Berglund jumps to the top of that list followed closely by Perron. The two of them had a lot of stretches of selfish play over the course of the year and had some extremely bad defensive breakdowns in the series against LA that Hitch pointed to as the reason we lost.

I can't see Oshie getting traded, but I wouldn't label him untouchable either. We won't move him for a winger; but if it gets us a #1 center who fits our system, Oshie would be on the table.

kimzey59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
I think he soured a bit on Oshie during our last bit of PO failure. He had him on the third line and called out that unit twice during the series. He even blasted our entire group of "homegrown" players in his post-series PC. I don't think Oshie did enough to separate himself from the criticism that rest of that group received.

That said; I also don't believe that Oshie is the guy Hitch would want traded. I think Berglund jumps to the top of that list followed closely by Perron. The two of them had a lot of stretches of selfish play over the course of the year and had some extremely bad defensive breakdowns in the series against LA that Hitch pointed to as the reason we lost.

I can't see Oshie getting traded, but I wouldn't label him untouchable either. We won't move him for a winger; but if it gets us a #1 center who fits our system, Oshie would be on the table.
Perron is the most likely to be moved. Berglund realistically probably isn't going anywhere simply out of necessity. We don't have enough centers.

Old
06-17-2013, 08:54 PM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 50
Oshie for Stastny + 2014 3rd.

No rush. We can do it in July and allow Blues to negotiate an extension for Stastny.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post

No rush. We can do it in July and allow Blues to negotiate an extension for Stastny.
I'd do that.

I don't value Oshie as much as other people.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:00 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Perron is the most likely to be moved. Berglund realistically probably isn't going anywhere simply out of necessity. We don't have enough centers.
Hitch seems to be pretty comfortable with Sobotka at center, and Sobi is easily the best player on the team in the FO circle.

I agree that moving Berglund create's issue's should injuries occur, but I don't think it's enough of an issue to put Berglund on the no-trade list. If the right player is coming back; Berglund is absolutely on the table and IMO at the top of the list to be moved in return. I think Hitch got that frustrated with him in the series against LA.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Hitch seems to be pretty comfortable with Sobotka at center, and Sobi is easily the best player on the team in the FO circle.

I agree that moving Berglund create's issue's should injuries occur, but I don't think it's enough of an issue to put Berglund on the no-trade list. If the right player is coming back; Berglund is absolutely on the table and IMO at the top of the list to be moved in return. I think Hitch got that frustrated with him in the series against LA.
That may be true, but the blues do not need to trade anyone. They are going to trade who they want, and right now Perron and Halak are the only two on the block. I don't see them trading anyone else.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by your jaskin too much View Post
I'd do that.

I don't value Oshie as much as other people.
Please stop posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post

No chance Stastny returns Oshie. He is a potential UFA and is already overpaid, that doesn't get you someone like Oshie. Stastny will return a late first and a low tier prospect.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 09:14 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
That may be true, but the blues do not need to trade anyone. They are going to trade who they want, and right now Perron and Halak are the only two on the block. I don't see them trading anyone else.
1) And you know this how?
Quit acting like you have some kind of inside info; you are no more informed than anybody else.

As i said; Hitch blasted ALL of the homegrown guys and that includes Berglund, Oshie, Backes, Pietrangelo, Polak, Reaves, Cracknell and Porter as much as it does Perron.

Pointing the finger at Perron is YOUR opinion; it does not necessarily reflect what Army and Hitch think.
Get over yourself.
(apologies to the rest of the board)

2) If the Blues are going to bring in a high money player; one of our current players will need to go.
We may not have any issue's getting our RFA's locked up, but bringing in top-end help is an entirely different story. One of our forwards(Oshie, Stewart, Perron, Berglund) has to be included in any trade for a big money player. It's anybodies guess as to which one, and all of them have plenty of knocks against them to make a convincing case to be on the trade list.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Please stop posting.

No chance Stastny returns Oshie. He is a potential UFA and is already overpaid, that doesn't get you someone like Oshie. Stastny will return a late first and a low tier prospect.
Contracts and cap apart, Stasny beats oshie in any aspect.

And oshie is a good player, don't get me wrong, but the guy needs to stay healthy and finish. Simple as that. Stasny is a former 70 point player that regardless of his contract, I'd trade oshie for. But, I'd only make the move if the blues have all their RFA's locked up. And depending on other moves, the cap room could still be there for stasny.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:16 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
1) And you know this how?
Quit acting like you have some kind of inside info; you are no more informed than anybody else.

As i said; Hitch blasted ALL of the homegrown guys and that includes Berglund, Oshie, Backes, Pietrangelo, Polak, Reaves, Cracknell and Porter as much as it does Perron.

Pointing the finger at Perron is YOUR opinion; it does not necessarily reflect what Army and Hitch think.
Get over yourself.
(apologies to the rest of the board)

2) If the Blues are going to bring in a high money player; one of our current players will need to go.
We may not have any issue's getting our RFA's locked up, but bringing in top-end help is an entirely different story. One of our forwards(Oshie, Stewart, Perron, Berglund) has to be included in any trade for a big money player. It's anybodies guess as to which one, and all of them have plenty of knocks against them to make a convincing case to be on the trade list.
It's common sense. The blues are not going to trade all three of their core players. JR has said it on numerous occasions that perron is the odd man out and that his attitude proves that. I'm just stating what I know based on Army's past in these situations and on the facts I can get a hold of. And that's my opinon.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:18 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:

Sobotka is a very nice piece, but if you trade Berglund without a center coming back, Sobotka is the second line center. That's a recipe for disaster.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Contracts and cap apart, Stasny beats oshie in any aspect.

And oshie is a good player, don't get me wrong, but the guy needs to stay healthy and finish. Simple as that. Stasny is a former 70 point player that regardless of his contract, I'd trade oshie for. But, I'd only make the move if the blues have all their RFA's locked up. And depending on other moves, the cap room could still be there for stasny.
Except Oshie fits our system to a T. And Stastny hasn't been a 70 point player for three seasons. And the last two years, Oshie has put up points at around the same pace as Stastny. And he's not a FA in one year. Need I go on?

Old
06-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Except Oshie fits our system to a T. And Stastny hasn't been a 70 point player for three seasons. And the last two years, Oshie has put up points at around the same pace as Stastny. And he's not a FA in one year. Need I go on?
Yes, you're right. They have been at the same pace. Which proves my point of them being even.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

Quote:
Yes, you're right. They have been at the same pace. Which proves my point of them being even.
Oshie is the better all around player and he's more physical. He fits our system. And given their contact situations they are not even.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:44 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Oshie is the better all around player and he's more physical. He fits our system. And given their contact situations they are not even.
It's just a difference of our opinions. If Colorado includes a 3rd IMO its good offer.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:51 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:

I agree and disagree with the bolded at the same time. I agree that there was disappointment there, and room for legitimate criticism, given that Oshie's play this past postseason (and season for that matter) was a bit below the high standard we've come to expect for him. In that sense, he certainly can be lumped in with Berglund and Perron.

I disagree in the sense that Hitchcock continuously rides Oshie ridiculously hard in terms of responsibility...well beyond any other forward not named Backes or Steen. The expectations are very high, and deservedly so given how he's excelled in those situations in the past. In that way, I believe that Oshie has definitely set himself apart from Berglund and Perron.

With regards to putting him on the table for a #1 center like the one you described, I suppose that can't really be argued with. I don't see any names being thrown around in here that would get me interested, though.

EastonBlues22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:46 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Like Easton said, being disappointed in Oshie is different from the coaches being disappointed in Berglund, Perron, and Stewart. Players like Oshie, Backes, Steen, and Pietrangelo, well actually just those 4 are continuously put in heavy responsibility roles and minutes and expected to succeed. You just expect more out of them because they are capable of it.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote