HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Kris Letang

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2013, 12:13 AM
  #276
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOfCanada View Post
Letang to Florida or Tampa if Nathan Mackinnon available.

Letang to Detroit for Darren Helm.
How do you start with Mack and finish with Helm?

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:24 PM
  #277
Dupree13
Registered User
 
Dupree13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 500
I don't know where the guy's stock is these days so this could be way off, but would Colorado be interested in Letang for something involving Erik Johnson?

Dupree13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:16 PM
  #278
Iron Mike
Registered User
 
Iron Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Not so sure why I see so many proposals on here with a ton of salary coming back to the Pens. Letang will be traded because they can't afford to keep him (and NTC issues). Shero will most likely want to see a combination of picks/prospects plus a roster player coming back. Something like a first, 2 good prospects and a solid roster player would probably do it. Most likely the prospects would have to be wingers because the Pens have more than enough defensive prospects but absolutely nothing in the system on the wing.

Iron Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:37 PM
  #279
Malkinstheman
Registered User
 
Malkinstheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterpuck View Post
Not so sure why I see so many proposals on here with a ton of salary coming back to the Pens. Letang will be traded because they can't afford to keep him (and NTC issues). Shero will most likely want to see a combination of picks/prospects plus a roster player coming back. Something like a first, 2 good prospects and a solid roster player would probably do it. Most likely the prospects would have to be wingers because the Pens have more than enough defensive prospects but absolutely nothing in the system on the wing.
But, but letangs a one dimensional talent who has no skill what so ever without sid and geno. No Gm would pay that price. There are better options available.

Malkinstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:53 PM
  #280
Nimos
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterpuck View Post
Letang will be traded because they can't afford to keep him (and NTC issues).
I honestly disagree with this assessment. The Penguins have 6 players under contract beyond next season. That's a blank slate, the team can be made in whatever image Ray Shero wants to make it in. If the decision is made to trade Kris Letang that deal won't be because the Penguins can't afford him. It would be because Shero decides that the team will be better with that money spent elsewhere.

Nimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:31 PM
  #281
Iron Mike
Registered User
 
Iron Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
But, but letangs a one dimensional talent who has no skill what so ever without sid and geno. No Gm would pay that price. There are better options available.
Gonchar just got $5 million and Streit got $5.25. Nobody thought Gonchar would even be in the NHL next year a few weeks ago. The market for PMD's is just insane right now because thee are no better options. Those two are 3rd pairing defensemen making that much. Shero is already getting calls about Letang from other GM's. There is a GM that would give a boatload for Letang given how tough the market is.

Iron Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 05:37 PM
  #282
Iron Mike
Registered User
 
Iron Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimos View Post
I honestly disagree with this assessment. The Penguins have 6 players under contract beyond next season. That's a blank slate, the team can be made in whatever image Ray Shero wants to make it in. If the decision is made to trade Kris Letang that deal won't be because the Penguins can't afford him. It would be because Shero decides that the team will be better with that money spent elsewhere.
The Penguins want him. It is simple economics. The Penguins can't afford to pay what he wants given his value to the team. If they didn't want him, they wouldn't even hold negotiations.

Iron Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:58 PM
  #283
Nimos
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterpuck View Post
The Penguins want him. It is simple economics. The Penguins can't afford to pay what he wants given his value to the team. If they didn't want him, they wouldn't even hold negotiations.
I didn't question whether the Penguins wanted him. This is my point in no uncertain terms. The Penguins can sign Letang at any price. Ray Shero will decide if his team is better with that much cap space tied to Letang or better with other pieces. If he decides it is better with other pieces, a trade will be made. There is no scenario where Shero has no choice in this matter. His hands will never be tied, and the value of Letang in a trade will reflect that fact.

Nimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 07:18 PM
  #284
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 22,722
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterpuck View Post
Gonchar just got $5 million and Streit got $5.25. Nobody thought Gonchar would even be in the NHL next year a few weeks ago. The market for PMD's is just insane right now because thee are no better options. Those two are 3rd pairing defensemen making that much. Shero is already getting calls about Letang from other GM's. There is a GM that would give a boatload for Letang given how tough the market is.
Letang has got to be looking at 8 years, $60 million, especially if he can put up a 50-60 point season.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:26 PM
  #285
Ugene Malkin
Drank from the Cup
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 27,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Letang has got to be looking at 8 years, $60 million, especially if he can put up a 50-60 point season.
The way the economics look in the new CBA. Pens 8x8=64.0, and to another team with 0nly 7 years max he would be able to sign for 7x9=63.

The dudes getting paid.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 08:31 PM
  #286
gdsmack267
Registered User
 
gdsmack267's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Sekera
Armia
16th overall this year

There are probably better proposals out there, but I have a feeling Letang wouldn't even re-up with us.
Change the 16th to the 8th and I wouldnt mind this deal as a pens fan. Armia intrigues me and Serkera is under rated imo.

gdsmack267 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.