HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

T J Oshie or for.......

Old
06-17-2013, 11:07 PM
Oshie97

vCash: 500
Oshie and Backes have not put up big points but they have had the toughest assignments since being put on the same line. Those two are the last forwards i would want to see traded.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 11:29 PM
no name

Why would they trade him?

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 11:51 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Why would they trade him?
To get better.

So far the deals I like or I'd work on are the ones for Ryan, Vanek and Pavelski.
Wouldn't trade him for Brown, Stastny etc. Good players of course but I'd rather move Perron or Stewart (one tier below Oshie IMO) for guys like them. That said, they won't get moved to Stl anyway, for different reasons
First three guys are much more realistically to get the Note on

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:22 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
To get better.

So far the deals I like or I'd work on are the ones for Ryan, Vanek and Pavelski.
Wouldn't trade him for Brown, Stastny etc. Good players of course but I'd rather move Perron or Stewart (one tier below Oshie IMO) for guys like them. That said, they won't get moved to Stl anyway, for different reasons
First three guys are much more realistically to get the Note on
Can't be too picky. Of course we'd rather move Perron. But Brown is better than Oshie and you would have to be insane to not do that deal...

Even if you consider Brown "better, but not that much better", do you want to improve the team or not? (This part isn't directed at you.)

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:27 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpchabby View Post
I've said it before, but jeez I'd love to have that guy on the habs. Great player.

I honestly don't know what we could offer though...
Plekanec or Eller should be made available for Oshie. We'd likely have to add but that seems like a good start.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:28 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Can't be too picky. Of course we'd rather move Perron. But Brown is better than Oshie and you would have to be insane to not do that deal...

Even if you consider Brown "better, but not that much better", do you want to improve the team or not? (This part isn't directed at you.)
Yes you are right and if other Blues fans like it or not Brown would fit well with our defensive style.
But LA doesn't trade their captain, especially after the last 2 seasons, so talking about him, his dirty plays or how much better we would be with him is pretty pointless

Old
06-18-2013, 12:28 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Plekanec or Eller should be made available for Oshie. We'd likely have to add but that seems like a good start.
Neither of those guys would land Oshie. If we wanted Eller over him we wouldn't have traded him for Halak.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:57 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Neither of those guys would land Oshie. If we wanted Eller over him we wouldn't have traded him for Halak.
Agree with the first but disagree with the 2nd part.
Just because you need a player on a specific position doesn't mean you don't want the player you trade away anymore.

If we trade Oshie for a center doesn't mean we wouldn't want him here, its just assets management.

Old
06-18-2013, 01:03 AM
avsfansince95

as an avs fan ive always had a big liking for oshie really wish there was something that could be done to make it happen. unfortunately i highly doubt there is.

avsfansince95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:22 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:

This is right on... If you can get Vanek, Ryan, Pavelski, Plekanec(+) or Brown for Oshie, then you would be foolish not to pull the trigger. Expecially a proven winner like Brown...You just picked up another David Backes who is an upgrade over Oshie. You can call him dirty, but then you better slap that label on Backes too. He finishes his checks as well, and not always the way your competition would consider totally clean.

I don't want to necessarily see Oshie go either, but if I could make the team better and shake up what isn't moving us to the next level; then why wouldn't I consider it? Oshie hasn't performed in the playoffs. No one else really has either on the Blues. You have an offer on the table for what would be our #1 center in Pavelski or Plekanec. Is that what we need? Vanek, Brown, and Ryan are all former 40 and 30 goal scorers. Oshie has never put up 20 goals or 40 assists. I'm tired of watching every other team pass more than two rounds. Oshie is a fan favorite, but I'm sorry....bye. Blues fans will love you always....

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote