HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

John-Michael Liles

Old
06-18-2013, 08:58 AM
willyjones

vCash: 500
JML still has A lot of life left, and after seeing what these other guys got, I think a team would take a chance with a late second or very early third. He is just kind of redundant in Toronto with franson and gardiner emerging, with Reilly in the wings 1-2 more years. Plus people who are saying he had less points then guys like gonchar and streit, he played half of there games and not as many minutes, so at 3.75 for 3 years its not that unreasonable for a pick or a decent prospect.

willyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:00 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
And 3 of those guys doubled Liles in points this year. The other had more points in less games than Liles. Toronto would get a 3 rd rounder for him.
Liles also make quite a bit less than all of Gonchar, Wideman, Streit and Wiz.

Liles lost his spot on the PP this year to Franson who finished 8th overall in points among Dman. Not having PP time significantly affects any players points.

Liles can still run a powerplay well but just not in Toronto and I'd expect him to return either a late 2nd or early 3rd.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:07 AM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Liles also make quite a bit less than all of Gonchar, Wideman, Streit and Wiz.

Liles lost his spot on the PP this year to Franson who finished 8th overall in points among Dman. Not having PP time significantly affects any players points.

Liles can still run a powerplay well but just not in Toronto and I'd expect him to return either a late 2nd or early 3rd.
id be ok with that type of return but i feel like we might need liles this year.

phaneuf-gunnarson
gardiner-franson
liles-fraser

^^^ this would give decent puck movement/mobility on each line. obviously i would want to upgrade the defense but this realistically is probably the best we can ice without a trade or reilly coming in and going all gardiner at training camp. at least with the above defense they are all nhl defenseman. **** koska/holzer/obyrne/komisarek

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:10 AM
TOGuy14

I'd trade Liles for a 3rd.

He is a decent enough player but with Gardiner, Franson and Rielly in the system we are good for PMD and could use the cap savings to redistribute elsewhere.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Rinzler

Since Liles is definitely out of the Leafs' top 4, they can easily replace him with Rielly at this point on the bottom pair so he's largely redudant. Too bad too, cause he's a great guy and solid in the community.

Liles is still a pretty good PMD, there should be a market for him. I agree, late 2nd or 3rd. He'd do well as a stop gap for a rebuilding team and his contract is not offensive at all.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
I'd trade Liles for a 3rd.

He is a decent enough player but with Gardiner, Franson and Rielly in the system we are good for PMD and could use the cap savings to redistribute elsewhere.
That's basically what it comes down too.

Liles isn't just a cap dump, he is still a useful player for another team.

Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinto View Post
That's basically what it comes down too.

Liles isn't just a cap dump, he is still a useful player for another team.
Leafs gave up a 2nd round pick to acquire him, so lets hope the return now helps ease that cost of acquisition in part.