HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fire Joel Quenneville (part II)

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
How bout a 'Q was bad last night' thread?

Fire Q is a bit extreme, no?
He has reaffirmed my feelings about him throughout the playoffs so this is by no means a kneejerk reaction.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:53 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I agree. We need to just pick a lane and stick with it. We need Sharp-Toews-Kane playing together. Beyond that, I couldn't care less what he does. If we lose with STK the rest of the way and still can't score, hey, what can you do.

Old
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Hawks take the Wild out in the 1st round with the team/line up that won the President's trophy.

Q makes changes and the Hawks start off 1-3 against Detroit.

Hawks roll over the Kings with the line up from round 1 and most of the regular season.

Q makes changes and the Hawks start off 1-2 against Boston.

I don't know what the hell was with the Toews, Frolik, Kruger line. He wasted half the game with that. You don't have time to play mind games or try to get guys going with obscure line ups. The Hawks needed to score goals.

I like Ben Smith but I thought that was an interesting decision as well. He looked lost on the 1st goal but it's understandable considering the kid has not seen the NHL since.... did he even play this year? That's who Q had in reserve for the SCF in case someone went down?

It's like Q does **** to screw up the team on purpose sometimes. Maybe it would not have mattered but I feel like he has not given the Hawks the best chance to win.

Old
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
How bout a 'Q was bad last night' thread?

Fire Q is a bit extreme, no?
I was just thinking the same thing. Hawks had a great season and Q is going no where.

Should just be the Coach Q Thread or the Mustache thread.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

This team would probably have a great REGULAR season no matter who their coach is, they have too much talent not to do so. It is the playoffs when structure and strategy comes to the forefront and he has been consistently outcoached during that time.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:58 AM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
This team would probably have a great REGULAR season no matter who their coach is, they have too much talent not to do so. It is the playoffs when structure and strategy comes to the forefront and he has been consistently outcoached during that time.

exactly.

Old
06-18-2013, 09:02 AM
digdug41982

I agree that he could be doing better. At the same time, the little things that this team just isn't good at come to the forefront in the playoffs too. It's a very talented team but not that versatile. They're great at the things the do well but that is about it.

Who is going to win draws on this team? Nobody

Who is going to run the PP on this team? Nobody

Who is going to make an impact physically? Pretty much nobody

So you accept those facts and try to forge on without, it's a tall order. Can Q be doing more, absolutely. How about some ideas on how he should manage the next game?

Old
06-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Hawkaholic

**** off with this ********.

You guys are pathetic.

Old
06-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I agree that he could be doing better. At the same time, the little things that this team just isn't good at come to the forefront in the playoffs too. It's a very talented team but not that versatile. They're great at the things the do well but that is about it.

Who is going to win draws on this team? Nobody

Who is going run the PP on this team? Nobody

Who is going to make an impact physically? Pretty much nobody

So you accept those facts and try to forge on without, it's a tall order. Can Q be doing more, absolutely. How about some ideas on how he should manage the next game?
For starters:

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Handzus-Bickell
Stalberg-Bolland-Shaw
Smith (or whoever)-Kruger-Frolik

Put Bickell on PP 1. Instead of having 3 people below the goal line on the power play and pinching your d-men and leaving the middle of the ice open for the other team to breakout and create glorious chances actually try to compel the team to have proper spacing. I mean this **** isn't rocket science, it's been happening all ****ing season long and nary an adjustment has been made.

Old
06-18-2013, 09:13 AM
ChitownDoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Hawks take the Wild out in the 1st round with the team/line up that won the President's trophy.

Q makes changes and the Hawks start off 1-3 against Detroit.

Hawks roll over the Kings with the line up from round 1 and most of the regular season.

Q makes changes and the Hawks start off 1-2 against Boston.

I don't know what the hell was with the Toews, Frolik, Kruger line. He wasted half the game with that. You don't have time to play mind games or try to get guys going with obscure line ups. The Hawks needed to score goals.

I like Ben Smith but I thought that was an interesting decision as well. He looked lost on the 1st goal but it's understandable considering the kid has not seen the NHL since.... did he even play this year? That's who Q had in reserve for the SCF in case someone went down?

It's like Q does **** to screw up the team on purpose sometimes. Maybe it would not have mattered but I feel like he has not given the Hawks the best chance to win.
This pretty much sums it up. No one, NO ONE will argue against this, they'll just mention his regular season record or how many cups he's won. There's no reasonable explanation for this.

Hell, even putting in Bollig was just pure nonsense. Experimenting in the stanley cup finals after dominating LA.

He doesn't know when to ****ing back off and stop. How in the hell do you make changes after dominating LA? Who the hell does that without even playing out game 1? You dominated a team that plays with the a similar style to the one in the next round, and you make changes across the board? What the hell man. I don't give a **** what anyone says on this board, that has to **** with the players' heads

I think everyone in the hockey universe was scratching their head at the Toews-Frolik-Kruger line. I mean, I think if everyone's first reaction is wtf, then when you settle down, it's still wtf, you don't think it gets in Toews head too? I think it does

Old
06-18-2013, 09:13 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
For starters:

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Handzus-Bickell
Stalberg-Bolland-Shaw
Smith (or whoever)-Kruger-Frolik

Put Bickell on PP 1. Instead of having 3 people below the goal line on the power play and pinching your d-men and leaving the middle of the ice open for the other team to breakout and create glorious chances actually try to compel the team to have proper spacing. I mean this **** isn't rocket science, it's been happening all ****ing season long and nary an adjustment has been made.
When it comes to the PP...the guys aren't robots, they can do what needs to be done. I agree with the lineup changes though, although I'd switch Saad and Sharp.

Old
06-18-2013, 09:15 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
**** off with this ********.

You guys are pathetic.
Sure thing.

Old
06-18-2013, 09:19 AM
ChitownDoctor

Remember when they were slamming him because Chara was off the ice for 4 minutes with a skate issue or some ****, and Toews didn't hit the ice at any moment during those 4 minutes.

excellent coach

Old
06-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownDoctor View Post
Remember when they were slamming him because Chara was off the ice for 4 minutes with a skate issue or some ****, and Toews didn't hit the ice at any moment during those 4 minutes.

excellent coach
To some posters everything regarding this organization is sacrosanct and cannot be questioned. If it were up to them this board would serve as nothing more than a fluffing station for the collective ***** of the Blackhawks organization.

Last edited by Kurtosis: 06-18-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old
06-18-2013, 09:24 AM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
To some posters everything regarding this organization is sacrosanct and cannot be questioned. If it were up to them this board would serves as nothing more than a fluffing station for the collective ***** of the Blackhawks organization.
I'm not saying let's not question him. He was god awful last night, it was an embarrassment.

I just don't think that every single negative thread about a non-player needs to have the 'Fire' in it.

Old
06-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

Quote:
I'm not saying let's not question him. He was god awful last night, it was an embarrassment.

I just don't think that every single negative thread about a non-player needs to have the 'Fire' in it.
I agree. I am a fan of Bowman and the scouts. Just not the coaching staff.

Old
06-18-2013, 09:27 AM
ChitownDoctor

Quote:

It's not one game though. Look at the post above. It seems every time that things are going well he shakes it up, and the results have been a monumental disaster lol

Old
06-18-2013, 09:52 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I think it's easy to see why Toews played with Krüger and Frolik...

those guys have shown everything you want out of them (other than scoring goals but thats not really their role) and they had a good time of puck posession in game 1&2. They created chances with Bollig as their linemate. It's easy to see that if they can do this again and keep the puck going in the O Zone that with Toews the goals would come. Q rewarded good play and a great effort with quality ice time. Thats what he did and the idea was right and it was a move that nobody expected. This could have paid off big time ... at least this line was good in the defensiv zone and it opened up room for Sharp and Kane by keeping Bergeron against the Toews line.

Old
06-18-2013, 10:06 AM
Hawkscap

So cut off your nose to spite your face?

Old
06-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Q is a HoF coach and with the Hawks he made it to the WCF, won the Cup, lost 2x in the 1st round and now is in the Cup finals again.

I don't really like him that much and wouldn't be against replacing him, but the results say we can expect that he knows what he is doing

Old
06-18-2013, 10:28 AM
digdug41982

Everyone will definitely get a resolution after the season. Q is only signed for next year, so he is either getting an extension or getting fired. I think he'll get the extension, but it's up to your boy Bowman.

Old
06-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Marotte Marauder

It's not about rewarding players at this time of the season, it's about WINNING. Period. And how that comes is by leaving the working stuff alone and trying fix what doesn't work.

i.e. leave the lineup the way it was at the end of the LA series and working on the PP. Period.!.!.!

Those are the adjustments to make, not just making adjustments to look like an a$$ hat. Even if he goes back to what worked and it works again and the Hawks win the Cup. the entire hockey fraternity is all giggling about Q's performance to date.

Old
06-18-2013, 10:35 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I think it's easy to see why Toews played with Krüger and Frolik...

those guys have shown everything you want out of them (other than scoring goals but thats not really their role) and they had a good time of puck posession in game 1&2. They created chances with Bollig as their linemate. It's easy to see that if they can do this again and keep the puck going in the O Zone that with Toews the goals would come. Q rewarded good play and a great effort with quality ice time. Thats what he did and the idea was right and it was a move that nobody expected. This could have paid off big time ... at least this line was good in the defensiv zone and it opened up room for Sharp and Kane by keeping Bergeron against the Toews line.
It's not the right time to be pulling this garbage. Frolik and Kruger are all heart but they don't have the skill set to put up points against the top D pairing of the Bruins. Maybe be one of the worst coaching decisions in SCF history.

Old
06-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Kurtosis
RTJ

If Q wants to reward effort why didn't he just make the first PP unit Kruger-Frolik-Smith with Brookbank and Rozsival on the points. They all give tons of effort. What a joke.

Old
06-18-2013, 10:45 AM
ChitownDoctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
It's not about rewarding players at this time of the season, it's about WINNING. Period. And how that comes is by leaving the working stuff alone and trying fix what doesn't work.

i.e. leave the lineup the way it was at the end of the LA series and working on the PP. Period.!.!.!

Those are the adjustments to make, not just making adjustments to look like an a$$ hat. Even if he goes back to what worked and it works again and the Hawks win the Cup. the entire hockey fraternity is all giggling about Q's performance to date.
lmao right like when claude julien saw the toews line, he was trembling and wondering how in the world he was going to stop this brilliant adjustment. More like his heart dropped hoping Q would stay with that as long as possible.

Closed Thread