HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Rivet and Dandenault injuries

Old
10-14-2006, 09:33 PM
zx81

vCash: 500
Rivet and Dandenault injuries

Any new info ?

What will happen if we lost both ?

Also what are the latest news on Bouillon ?

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Carbo said in his press conference that we will know tomorrow about Dandy and Rivet. What will happen? Well we will see Streit in the lineup and Traverse should be recalled.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Artyukhin*

if theose 2 are out for extend time bob has to make a trade

jason wolley's number might be ringing

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 09:36 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I wonder how Jason Allison feels about playing defense

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Clumsyhab

Brian Leetch???

Clumsyhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Any new info ?

What will happen if we lost both ?

Also what are the latest news on Bouillon ?
well, streit will draw in for sure (if both D are out)

after that, I'm not quite sure.

This was one of those games that you dread. I'll glady trade the point we got for the health of those 2 guys. I can accept one of them getting injured but both in the same period is tough to swallow.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Ghost of Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Brian Leetch???
salary cap?
anyone know the status on Cote's injury?

Ghost of Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 09:40 PM
zx81

Quote:
Brian Leetch???
Desjardins coming out of his retirement ?

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Brian Leetch???
on the hot stove tonight they said leetch will decide if he is coming back in the next few weeks . he ideally wants to play in Ny for the Rags they said . he have a few inquiires from TO and Phili

i doubt you could convince Leetch to come to Montreal . i cant see it

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
As the Glorious Weep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_sanch View Post
salary cap?
Dandenault and Rivet make a lot of cash. If they're on the extended injury list, their salary doesn't count right? What's the sum of money we would be working with?

As the Glorious Weep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Ghost of Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by As the Glorious Weep View Post
Dandenault and Rivet make a lot of cash. If they're on the extended injury list, their salary doesn't count right? What's the sum of money we would be working with?
I doubt they'll be on long-term injury placement.
Rivet just blocked a shot off his shins while Dandy seemed to have hit his knee into the board the wrong way. They probably didn't come back for precautionary measures so I don't think they'll be out too long.

Both are solid D-men and aren't very prone to injury. I think Dandy was our only iron man last season playing all 82 games

Old
10-14-2006, 09:54 PM
Pat

Quote:
I doubt they'll be on long-term injury placement.
Rivet just blocked a shot off his shins while Dandy seemed to have hit his knee into the board the wrong way. They probably didn't come back for precautionary measures so I don't think they'll be out too long.

Both are solid D-men and aren't very prone to injury. I think Dandy was our only iron man last season playing all 82 games
actually, the puck hit the inside of Rivet's ankle...not off his shins. they showed it on RDS after the game.

Last edited by Pat: 10-14-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 09:57 PM
henri2014

We still have good D depth, we have 3 top 6 nhl D-men down and one 7th nhl D-man down and we still can dress 5 good nhl D-men.

The bad news is that both rivet and dandy are on the right side and Streit is more effective on the left side. Komi is gonna get some big big minutes in the next few games.

henri2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Ghost of Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by henri2014 View Post
We still have good D depth, we have 3 top 6 nhl D-men down and one 7th nhl D-man down and we still can dress 5 good nhl D-men.

The bad news is that both rivet and dandy are on the right side and Streit is more effective on the left side. Komi is gonna get some big big minutes in the next few games.
Good, they will be extremely well deserved

Old
10-14-2006, 10:17 PM
SpreeEndaz

Let's get Ovechkin; I'm pretty sure he'd be an insane d-man.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 10:48 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Let's get Ovechkin; I'm pretty sure he'd be an insane d-man.
Pigs will fly the day Washington uses Ovy on defence...

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 10:48 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Breenger

Looked to me that Dandenault's back went out, (hopefully just spasms). I'm pretty impressed at how they both didn't quit on the play after their injuries, especially Rivet, who looked like he hobbling on the ice for ages after his.

Breenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breenger View Post
I'm pretty impressed at how they both didn't quit on the play after their injuries, especially Rivet, who looked like he hobbling on the ice for ages after his.
That reminds me of Kovy

Clumsyhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 12:42 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
From Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=cp&type=lgns)

MONTREAL (CP) - The Montreal Canadiens lost more than the game Saturday night as defencemen Craig Rivet and Mathieu Dandenault did not finish the 4-3 shootout loss to the Ottawa Senators.

Rivet took a shot off a foot during a power play midway through the third period and struggled to get back to the bench, while Dandenault came away from a corner hit limping later in the same period.

Montreal was forced to play the final few minutes of regulation and overtime with four defencemen.

ADVERTISEMENT
"It wasn't easy, but we've all played lots of hockey before, so we were able to get through it," said Janne Niinimaa, making his home debut with the Canadiens.

"We had tied the game already, so we just wanted to make it to overtime and secure the point first, then try and get the second one."

The Canadiens are already thin on the blue line as Francis Bouillon continues his recovery from off-season knee surgery, so losing Rivet and Dandenault would be a tough blow.

Mark Streit is on the roster if either injury is serious enough to put Tuesday's home game against the Calgary Flames in jeopardy, but if both players are unavailable a call-up from the Hamilton Bulldogs would be necessary.

However, Canadiens head coach Guy Carbonneau did not appear too concerned when asked about the status of his defencemen.

"Lower body injuries," he said with a smile. "We'll have to see (Sunday) how they're feeling."

Canadiens captain Saku Koivu suggested the injuries would not prevent either Rivet or Dandenault from suiting up Tuesday night.

"You never want to see guys getting hurt," Koivu said. "But I don't see it being a problem for the next game."

Otherwise, top free agent acquisition Sergei Samsonov won over a sceptical public in Montreal with his game-tying goal at 16:37 of the third after struggling throughout the pre-season.

"It's nice to get it out of the way," Samsonov said. "We battled back and got a point out of it. I think we skated a lot better in the third."

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 01:06 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
I really hope they are both Ok well at least one for sure loosing both of them could really hurt the Canadiens.
If only one could come back I would hope for Dandy he has been great this season!

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Thank God. I can't think of many things worse than seeing Patrick Traverse playing for the Montreal Canadiens again.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 01:22 AM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

hope they are ok for next game.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 05:29 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
From Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=cp&type=lgns)

MONTREAL (CP) - The Montreal Canadiens lost more than the game Saturday night as defencemen Craig Rivet and Mathieu Dandenault did not finish the 4-3 shootout loss to the Ottawa Senators.

Rivet took a shot off a foot during a power play midway through the third period and struggled to get back to the bench, while Dandenault came away from a corner hit limping later in the same period.

Montreal was forced to play the final few minutes of regulation and overtime with four defencemen.

ADVERTISEMENT
"It wasn't easy, but we've all played lots of hockey before, so we were able to get through it," said Janne Niinimaa, making his home debut with the Canadiens.

"We had tied the game already, so we just wanted to make it to overtime and secure the point first, then try and get the second one."

The Canadiens are already thin on the blue line as Francis Bouillon continues his recovery from off-season knee surgery, so losing Rivet and Dandenault would be a tough blow.

Mark Streit is on the roster if either injury is serious enough to put Tuesday's home game against the Calgary Flames in jeopardy, but if both players are unavailable a call-up from the Hamilton Bulldogs would be necessary.

However, Canadiens head coach Guy Carbonneau did not appear too concerned when asked about the status of his defencemen.

"Lower body injuries," he said with a smile. "We'll have to see (Sunday) how they're feeling."

Canadiens captain Saku Koivu suggested the injuries would not prevent either Rivet or Dandenault from suiting up Tuesday night.

"You never want to see guys getting hurt," Koivu said. "But I don't see it being a problem for the next game."

Otherwise, top free agent acquisition Sergei Samsonov won over a sceptical public in Montreal with his game-tying goal at 16:37 of the third after struggling throughout the pre-season.

"It's nice to get it out of the way," Samsonov said. "We battled back and got a point out of it. I think we skated a lot better in the third."
koivu is usually pretty conservative in his comments towards the media. So when he says something like that, I'm thinking rivet and dandy are fine.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 07:11 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Rivet was the only other player with 82 games. Infact hes missed only 2 games past four seasons, which means hes been taking a lot of pain killers over the years. Didnt he already block a shot with his hand (vs Buffalo?) without missing a shift.

Hopefully couple days rest is enough and they are both good to go on Tuesday.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote