Favorite Bruins Memory of Past 7 years

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2004, 06:39 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

vCash: 500
Favorite Bruins Memory of Past 7 years

I really can't wait to go to this Neely night game next Monday. It's funny I already have that excited "old feeling" again about having tickets for a Bruins game. I think you all know what I mean. So I was thinking this might be the most excited I've been about the something Bruins since that day in '98 when Cam showed up in Wilmington. Has there been anything else memorable for the B's since he retired??? Anyone??

Old
01-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Strafer

Hhhmmmm, uh NO!

Old
01-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Tim O'Reilly

.......PJ's goal vs Washington in OT. That was great! I was jumping up and down and............... oh wait. Taylor had his toe in the crease. Never mind.

Old
01-05-2004, 07:54 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
A few of mine:

- The day Jason Allison dropped the gloves with Keith Tkachuk after Keith had been taking liberties against the Bruins all night

- Ken Belanger's knock out hit against ultra-hated Ulf Samuelsson

- Watching Knuble get his 30th goal last season

- Landon Wilson leveling Keith Primeau in the `99 playoffs

- Ken Belanger's pasting of Bob Probert

- PJ Stock and Stephen Peat in one of the most exciting fights in years

- Selecting Joe Thornton and Sergei Samsonov in the 1997 draft

Old
01-05-2004, 08:01 PM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker
A few of mine:

- The day Jason Allison dropped the gloves with Keith Tkachuk after Keith had been taking liberties against the Bruins all night

- Ken Belanger's knock out hit against ultra-hated Ulf Samuelsson

- Watching Knuble get his 30th goal last season

- Landon Wilson leveling Keith Primeau in the `99 playoffs

- Ken Belanger's pasting of Bob Probert

- PJ Stock and Stephen Peat in one of the most exciting fights in years

- Selecting Joe Thornton and Sergei Samsonov in the 1997 draft

The summer of 97 would be mine as well, can't go wrong when you draft guys like Thornton and Samsonov. But you post made me think of something else, I loved Ken Belanger on the Bruins, this guy was as tough as they come and he threw some mean hits. Too bad he couldn't stay healthy though, I thought when we got him for Donato we'd have our enforcer for years to come, unfortantely concussions set him back.

Old
01-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Black Eye

vCash:
My favorite single memory of the past seven years was beating Carolina in the playoffs and advancing to the next round. We were onto something at that point.

Old
01-05-2004, 08:46 PM
bwunderlich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye
My favorite single memory of the past seven years was beating Carolina in the playoffs and advancing to the next round. We were onto something at that point.
fraid i got 2:

- last year, the rolston overtime goal against the flyers w/hackett in goal. they sucked me in again actually thinking they believed in themselves and could play with anybody.

- last year, joe with that splitting the devils defense highlight reel goal and the look on his face. they sucked me in again actually thinking they believed in themselves and could play with anybody.
---------------------------------
as for BE's canes series victory, yes it was sweet but also extremely bitter as it marked imho, the last time the bruins matched the intensity of their opponent over a series. hasek was beatable in the next series and who was that goalie again for the bruins :p who actually outplayed hasek. unfortunately, the Sabre's wanted it way more and flat out willed their way to a series win. a tough series loss as BE is right we were ON to something and then . . . and then . . . the ensuing offseason fiascos.

- the organization hasn't really recovered

Old
01-05-2004, 09:30 PM
DFENS44

Not really Bruins HIGHlights

Hmmm....gotta dig deep...but all I come up with are
1.)Watching Ray win his Cup in Colorado
2.)Going to see Ray Bourque retire
3.)Seeing the TAZ retire

Notice a pattern? Not much to cheer...

Actually, that's not true, I was at the Ottawa game where NOT ONLY did the Bruins win the game, they won the fights, and DAFOE beat down Lalime something fierce. I called my friend Jim who was out at the bar and told him he HAD to record the replay when he got home. He was so far gone, he stayed up and watched the whole thing! But other than games here and there, not really much to get jazzed about

Old
01-06-2004, 05:43 AM
blurbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFENS44
Hmmm....gotta dig deep...but all I come up with are
1.)Watching Ray win his Cup in Colorado
2.)Going to see Ray Bourque retire
3.)Seeing the TAZ retire

Notice a pattern? Not much to cheer...

Actually, that's not true, I was at the Ottawa game where NOT ONLY did the Bruins win the game, they won the fights, and DAFOE beat down Lalime something fierce. I called my friend Jim who was out at the bar and told him he HAD to record the replay when he got home. He was so far gone, he stayed up and watched the whole thing! But other than games here and there, not really much to get jazzed about
Speaking of the Ottawa game, what about the game when they played the Caps (back in 97/98?), when each team got 6 players ejected (including the starting goalies), and I believe Carter scored the GW... that was a classic.

I still have it on tape, I think I might watch it tonight.

Old
01-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Terrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1
I really can't wait to go to this Neely night game next Monday. It's funny I already have that excited "old feeling" again about having tickets for a Bruins game. I think you all know what I mean. So I was thinking this might be the most excited I've been about the something Bruins since that day in '98 when Cam showed up in Wilmington. Has there been anything else memorable for the B's since he retired??? Anyone??
Anson Carter's overtime goal in Game 5 of the Carolina series in 1999.
Boston then finished off the Hurricanes in Game 6 at the Fleet.

Old
01-06-2004, 01:39 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

My favorite Bruins moment of the past 7 years was when my friend and I were at the Washington Capitals game when everyone on the ice got into a brawl, including Dafoe & Kolzig. We were in the 2nd row behind the Washington bench, and were yelling at the players. There was such a buzz in the Fleet in was unreal, as wild as playoffs. If I remember correctly, Thornton got in a fight as well, with Witt I think after he got cheapshotted along the boards.

Then we ended up winning the game in OT on an Allison goal. Man, I thought we were headed for big things then.

Old
01-06-2004, 02:13 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevat
My favorite Bruins moment of the past 7 years was when my friend and I were at the Washington Capitals game when everyone on the ice got into a brawl, including Dafoe & Kolzig. We were in the 2nd row behind the Washington bench, and were yelling at the players. There was such a buzz in the Fleet in was unreal, as wild as playoffs. If I remember correctly, Thornton got in a fight as well, with Witt I think after he got cheapshotted along the boards.

Then we ended up winning the game in OT on an Allison goal. Man, I thought we were headed for big things then.
Excellent pick!

I clearly remember that game. It was one of the most exciting in years. Funny but I was going to mention it too. The fight Thornton had was with Mark Tinordi. I'll never forget the surprise on Tinordi's face when Joe let loose.

There weren't too many regulation games that were as good as that one. It was old time hockey. I remember a few against NJ, each with a Thornton fight (Daneyko & Arnott). There were a few more spirited games against Detroit, one with a bout featuring Kyle McLaren and a surprised Darren McCarty, and another with Hal Gill's best-ever fight (Joey Kocur). The Rangers game where Carter scored two goals including the winner was pretty good too. No fights though.

For every emtionally charged physical game like the ones mentioned here, there are ten more that are so dull and flat that you wonder why you spend so much of your precious time watching hockey.

Old
01-06-2004, 02:18 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
The one that comes to mind was the Carter for Guerin trade.

Mainly 'cause it brought me to this site.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
01-06-2004, 03:27 PM
42asskicker

I got tickets to the fleet to see O'reilly and Bourque retire as well as Ray's last game at the Fleet in an Avalanche uniform. I have to say, his last game at the Fleet was my favorite. When the game was over and he saluted the crowd was awesome. It was sad to know that was the last time I would see him play.

Old
01-07-2004, 05:00 AM
bigbadbruin77

Bourque's last game at the Fleet.

Closed Thread