HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the League #6: Dat Hertl

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Section337

vCash: 500
In many ways, the Malkin's of the world likely should be making more than they actually are and most of the semi-replaceable guys who fill up the league should be $1million or less.

Old
06-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Philly85
Raps'

Flyer give Streit 4 years roughly 22 million Gregor said on his show. Bunch of idiots over there in Philadelphia, how predictable.

Old
06-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
It used to make me laugh when Flames fans would make fun of the Oilers for rebuilding, hollering that "Flames have too much *pride* and *self-respect* to rebuild like y'all! Down 'ere we RETOOL! etc etc". The Flames are FAR from a franchise that should be too "proud" for anything let alone a rebuild. Their self-congratulatory bravado during our years of picking first (even though they missed the playoffs too) was sickening.

Some of those guys have never heard of self-awareness. I want to be ruthless like they were to us but seeing how fairweather they are what's the point when there's going to be a "C" of Green Seats until the next playoff run.
Without an Edmonton based website like CalgaryPuck you wouldn't get away with it anyway.

They closed registration there for the time being as well, btw. Can't deal with the hard truths I guess.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:49 PM
Philly85
Raps'

What a pass from Jagr. BOS looks significantly better this game. Unflappable. Solid all the way through.

Old
06-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Toydarian

This is the first game I have seen this series, did CHI look this disjointed and ineffective in the previous 2 games?

CHI might have the majority of possession, but BOS has had significantly better chances (and a lot more than CHI).

Old
06-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Boston just annihilating the Hawks right now. Just as I said Hits are starting to take toll on Hawks and they don't look much interested in the physical play at this point. The degree to which Bruins are owning the puck around the Hawks net is complete domination. Very fortunate the score is only 2-0. One ES shift in the second Bruins threw the puck around on a string for a minute and a half and had 5 serious scoring chances and Hawks couldn't even touch the puck.
Hawks are in trouble at the moment. Reeling in that 2nd period.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post
This is the first game I have seen this series, did CHI look this disjointed and ineffective in the previous 2 games?

CHI might have the majority of possession, but BOS has had significantly better chances (and a lot more than CHI).
Chicago looked good early in the first two games after which Bruins assumed control in both games as time went on. Hawks were extremely fortunate to win game one.

Old
06-17-2013, 10:59 PM
BlowbyBlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toydarian View Post

Boston has dominated almost all the games Tuuka is now in a zone, I didn't feel that game 1 but that was some luck on Chicago's side. The biggest problem is that on the powerplay they want to make it so pretty, and even strength there being boxed to the outside; which I predicted, when you have a guy 6'9'' whos got a stick about 8' or more your really always being set up that way

Old
06-17-2013, 11:02 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Chara is an absolute beast. When all is said and done he's going to go down as a better defenseman than Pronger IMO.

Old
06-17-2013, 11:25 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Couture just re-signed long term. It'll be interesting to see the dollars and term on that.

Of course, I'm much more interested in what Little ultimately signs for with Winnipeg because he's probably the perfect comparable for Gagner.

06-17-2013, 11:34 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Couture just re-signed long term. It'll be interesting to see the dollars and term on that.

Of course, I'm much more interested in what Little ultimately signs for with Winnipeg because he's probably the perfect comparable for Gagner.
If SJS keeps Couture's number below $4.5-5M Oilers shouldn't give Samwise more than 4.25.

He outscored Couture by 1pt this past season, but couture's had multilple 50+ pt seasons in the past, as well as a 30-goal season. None of these are plateaus Gagner has eclipsed.

Old
06-17-2013, 11:42 PM
BlowbyBlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
Chara is an absolute beast. When all is said and done he's going to go down as a better defenseman than Pronger IMO.
He's easily a hall of famer, I have to say Bergeron ( i know people will laugh cause stats wise there not close) but Bergeron is our generations Ron Francis and will be a Hall of famer when his career is done, and so clutch in these big games

Old
06-18-2013, 12:18 AM
belair

Patrice Bergeron
1G, 7 shots
24/28 = 85.7% FO

Old
06-18-2013, 01:37 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

For all the people that wanted Chicago in the final its amazing how nobody is talking about it.

That Chicago was going to be able to open things up against Boston in the final and create high speed offense was a fairy tale pure and simple.

Predictably Bruins got the lumber out and are playing airtight, physical hockey and just beating the hawks to the puck all over the ice. Only the score was close tonight. This was outright domination for 3 solid periods. Bruins had more serious scoring chances in one shift than Hawks mustered in the whole game.

Can you say COMPLETELY shut down?

love it

ps Toews has this look of consternation mastered for about 3 series now. It kind of suits him and his inconsequential play this entire playoffs. One goal, lol.

Say goodbye SC.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:02 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

I think it would be hilarious if the Canucks hired Tortorella. Given how biased the refs are towards Vancouver because of their reputation, his post-game scrums are going to be absolutely gold to listen to every time they lose a game because of a bad call.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
06-18-2013, 06:46 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Difference between Boston and LA is that Boston actually has the speed to keep up with that stretched out transition game. LAK struggled with it

Old
06-18-2013, 09:06 AM
joestevens29

Not having Marian Hossa is really going to hurt Chicago. As it is they have a handful of guys that really aren't that good unless they are playing with a Toews or Sharp/Kane, now they have to add another.

Old
06-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Section337

Instead of going with the whole face off idea, they should just throw the puck towards the Bruins defense. Would speed things up.

Old
06-18-2013, 09:49 AM
joestevens29

Shaw and Marchand, you know I love both these players but I hate how easy they make their game look considering their size. One being a 3rd rounder and one being a 5th rounder really stings.

Old
06-18-2013, 09:53 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

no one would ever say this but it looks like Bergeron is a superior player to Toews.

We already mentioned it against Detroit but Toews has 4 goals in 41 games.

Thornton and Marleau were getting crucified and their stats were never close to that bad.

Old
06-18-2013, 10:07 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
no one would ever say this but it looks like Bergeron is a superior player to Toews.

Thornton and Marleau were getting crucified and their stats were never close to that bad.
I will be very curious to see if he is hurt or not.

Side note. Wonder if Chicago pays anyone to watch CBC Wednesday night so that they know Chara is in the dressing room.

Old
06-18-2013, 10:23 AM
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post

I would say it without any hesitation. Bergeron is close to the perfect hockey player in my mind, and while Toews is outstanding as well, if I had a choice, I'd probably take Bergeron.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:24 PM
trent_vinyl

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Thing is his effort and drive seems to be there, his execution and playmaking abilities aren't. He's just not creating anything out there.

And, although Kane is a nifty player he sure is a peripheral player. He rarely/never goes into the tough spots.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:37 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent_vinyl View Post
Thing is his effort and drive seems to be there, his execution and playmaking abilities aren't. He's just not creating anything out there.

And, although Kane is a nifty player he sure is a peripheral player. He rarely/never goes into the tough spots.
Have a hand injury and it would make sense.

Old
06-18-2013, 01:17 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post

Side note. Wonder if Chicago pays anyone to watch CBC Wednesday night so that they know Chara is in the dressing room.
Doesn't look hurt to me, looks ineffective under tight checking and physical play. I thought Toews would start crying after the lucic hit last night. Thing is Toews is facing 3 rounds of intense physical opposition the Hawks simply didn't face, and didn't have to overcome in their cup year. Toews is finding out how hard a SC should be and not liking it very much. Its telling when even Kane is rising to the occassion and Toews isn't.
Toews being ineffectual in the playoffs is nothing new. 4 goals scored over 34GP in the last 3 playoffs. Bring the intensity and it puts him off his game. Nothing new there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trent_vinyl View Post

Kane though is out of this world finding space and getting open shots in tight quarters. Really one of the best at it in the game. Peripheral, yes, but dangerous yes, all the time. He makes nothing rushes into scoring chances for fun. He's about the only Hawk in the lineup givng the Bruins any worries.

Closed Thread