HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What did Chicago do to get back to the SCF that the Penguins didn't?

Old
06-18-2013, 10:55 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I would also strongly consider playing Malkin and Crosby together somewhat regularly.
Actually, I'd play them apart a bit more. Meaning...break up the #1 PP unit and make it into two #1 PP units. So many positives come from doing that.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:16 AM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrejciMVP View Post
oh boy, oh boy, maybe we should just take the goalies out of the net. that could help ratings eh.
You need to relax (and if you can't, probably stick to the Boston boards). Very few people are blaming the Bruins. Many people are blaming the NHL. And before you get all huffy and puffy: many people were complaining about this downward trend BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS STARTED. Heck, many complained before the SEASON started, and hoped that the CBA negotiations would bring some clarity.

IcedCapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:26 AM
BlindWillyMcHurt

Yes. It's been a worry (at least for me) for at least a couple of seasons, now. It isn't difficult to see the game trending back towards DPE-style hockey if you watch a lot of teams play, regularly. Nobody is blaming Boston... they are just the most visible example of riding that wave because of the success they are having/have had incorporating that style of play. Good for them.

Actually reffing the games consistently and throughout the entire year would be a pretty good start to fixing this league wide problem. Though I guess some people don't consider it a problem, at all. Though I suspect they don't actually like the sport, that much.

Also... a Bruins fan from Montreal. That's confusing.

BlindWillyMcHurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:46 AM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindWillyMcHurt View Post
Yes. It's been a worry (at least for me) for at least a couple of seasons, now. It isn't difficult to see the game trending back towards DPE-style hockey if you watch a lot of teams play, regularly. Nobody is blaming Boston... they are just the most visible example of riding that wave because of the success they are having/have had incorporating that style of play. Good for them.

Actually reffing the games consistently and throughout the entire year would be a pretty good start to fixing this league wide problem. Though I guess some people don't consider it a problem, at all. Though I suspect they don't actually like the sport, that much.

Trust me, there's a lot of them here, and almost all exclusively meat heads which isn't a coincidence.

MtlPenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:59 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
oh boy, oh boy, maybe we should just take the goalies out of the net. that could help ratings eh.
In the end sports is entertainment. People spend hundreds of dollars per game hoping to see something extraordinary. That means skill. Not a bunch of hacks tackling skilled players.

True there is a balance, no one wants to make the game into the Olympics or, God forbid, an All Star game sort of thing. But it is getting to the point where the entertainment of the games is being lessened, and the things people pay to see is being diminished.

If the NHL is smart, then it will pass rules to increase the excitement of the game and let the skill in the league shine. Other sports have done it. The NFL passed rules to encourage scoring and passing, which is what people wanted to see, not 3-0 defensive struggles.

And as an aside, why the hell do people from other boards get their panties in a wad over what is said here? I can count on one hand the number of times I have gone on other team's boards, and never has it been to tell the consensus there how wrong they have been about something. Honestly, if people are going to have an aneurism over what people post on their own boards, for their own health they should stop reading them.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:03 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Trust me, there's a lot of them here, and almost all exclusively meat heads which isn't a coincidence.
Huh. Bizarre.

Imagine a large contingent of Flyers fans living in Pittsburgh. That just... doesn't compute.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Huh. Bizarre.

Imagine a large contingent of Flyers fans living in Pittsburgh. That just... doesn't compute.
There actually are. Especially college kids, I read them talk on the Flyer board about being here in Pittsburgh.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:21 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

Jeez. I'm getting all sorts of lessons in transplanted fandom, today.

They must not have any desire to wear their jerseys/shirts out in public, then. Because I don't know if I've ever seen anyone in Flyers-wear walking around in Pittsburgh.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:49 PM
vikingGoalie

well. the clutch and grab stuff was kinda re-inserted by the league because of a concern for all the head injuries.

The thought being that previously all the speed that players had because they weren't being grabbed resulted in higher velocity collisions and thus more concussions.

I don't like it, I want the game called the way the rule book is written. If Jagr sticks his stick all the way up on Malkin's chest and turns his body in order to get the puck it should be called...

vikingGoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingGoalie View Post
well. the clutch and grab stuff was kinda re-inserted by the league because of a concern for all the head injuries.

The thought being that previously all the speed that players had because they weren't being grabbed resulted in higher velocity collisions and thus more concussions.

I don't like it, I want the game called the way the rule book is written. If Jagr sticks his stick all the way up on Malkin's chest and turns his body in order to get the puck it should be called...
What does breaking the rules that are in place say about the NHL? The league is a joke and its been a joke for a long time.

If the NHL needs to slow the game down they should add 2 more teams and then lessen the numbers of players dressed per night. 10 F's, 7 D and 2 G's. That will force the players to pace themselves and IMO let skill take over instead of the players that add nothing more than running on their skates all night.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Jeez. I'm getting all sorts of lessons in transplanted fandom, today.

They must not have any desire to wear their jerseys/shirts out in public, then. Because I don't know if I've ever seen anyone in Flyers-wear walking around in Pittsburgh.
We have a lot of Caps fans in the area too. Probably some Buffalo as well. There's a lot of schools in Pittsburgh.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 01:38 PM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
In the end sports is entertainment. People spend hundreds of dollars per game hoping to see something extraordinary. That means skill. Not a bunch of hacks tackling skilled players.

True there is a balance, no one wants to make the game into the Olympics or, God forbid, an All Star game sort of thing. But it is getting to the point where the entertainment of the games is being lessened, and the things people pay to see is being diminished.

If the NHL is smart, then it will pass rules to increase the excitement of the game and let the skill in the league shine. Other sports have done it. The NFL passed rules to encourage scoring and passing, which is what people wanted to see, not 3-0 defensive struggles.

And as an aside, why the hell do people from other boards get their panties in a wad over what is said here? I can count on one hand the number of times I have gone on other team's boards, and never has it been to tell the consensus there how wrong they have been about something. Honestly, if people are going to have an aneurism over what people post on their own boards, for their own health they should stop reading them.
A bunch of hacks tackling skill players eh. Krejci is the leading scorer in the playoffs. We have skill everywhere plus toughness, its can be a lethal combination.

KrejciMVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 01:40 PM
KrejciMVP

Quote:

There are actually thousands of us bruins fans in MTL.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:35 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
A bunch of hacks tackling skill players eh. Krejci is the leading scorer in the playoffs. We have skill everywhere plus toughness, its can be a lethal combination.
Why are you so insecure?

Old
06-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Why are you so insecure?
What would you think about a name popping up on our boards that was something like "CrosbyMVP' or 'Malkinssocute!' Just saying. And yes we have had them before and they usually post just like their names sound.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:17 PM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Why are you so insecure?
when all else fails personal insults work best eh. Its pretty unrealistic to say the bruins have no skill

Old
06-18-2013, 04:18 PM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
What would you think about a name popping up on our boards that was something like "CrosbyMVP' or 'Malkinssocute!' Just saying. And yes we have had them before and they usually post just like their names sound.
I like Malkin and Crosby, loads of respect for these guys, however the Bruins came prepared for them, Im sure next time they meet it will be much closer.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Waffle Fries

Honestly, I just don't understand what you're hoping to gain by patrolling our board.

Some don't like clutch and grab hockey. It has nothing to do with the Bruins.

I don't read the Boston boards, but if I did, I bet I would see a lot worse things said about the Penguins than anything you're going to see here about the Bruins. But I don't really care what opposing fans think, and neither should you.

Waffle Fries is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 04:31 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

I forget... did we hop on Carolina's board every day after we swept them out of the playoffs and lecture their fanbase on what they should think? Seems like the thing to do.

Clutch and grab hockey blows. The Bruins play it. Nobody said that they don't have any skill... just that they play a crap brand of hockey. It wins them games, including a sweep of the Pittsburgh Penguins in the ECF. It won the Devils games back in the day, too. Should it get the Bruins another Cup... just about every team will copycat that style. Hooray for all of us.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Jules Winnfield
I gives no ****s!!!

Quote:
when all else fails personal insults work best eh. Its pretty unrealistic to say the bruins have no skill
The Bruins have lots of skill. Marchand is one of my favorite players in the league. Same with Bergeron.

I'd argue this year the Bruins have more luck than any other team I've seen. From the way things ended against Toronto and Rask having the post/crossbar on his side in so many games.

The Bruins are a team of destiny this year. Their skill translates on the defensive side too. They are a great disciplined team, which is the exact opposite of our team and coaching staff.

Jules Winnfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 04:54 PM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
I forget... did we hop on Carolina's board every day after we swept them out of the playoffs and lecture their fanbase on what they should think? Seems like the thing to do.

Clutch and grab hockey blows. The Bruins play it. Nobody said that they don't have any skill... just that they play a crap brand of hockey. It wins them games, including a sweep of the Pittsburgh Penguins in the ECF. It won the Devils games back in the day, too. Should it get the Bruins another Cup... just about every team will copycat that style. Hooray for all of us.
not sure the clutch and grab thing is really accurate

08-09 #1 in the NHL goals scored
10-11 # 3rd in the eastern conference goals scored
11-12 #2 in the NHL goals scored

really hard to believe that NJ style of play when the bruins put up numbers like that. Cmon man

Old
06-18-2013, 05:00 PM
BlindWillyMcHurt

New Jersey put up stellar offensive numbers for most of their "glory" years. It doesn't change what they were doing.

You're more than entitled to your opinion, of course.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
New Jersey put up stellar offensive numbers. It doesn't change what they were doing.

You're more than entitled to your opinion, of course.
Yepp. And everyone else here is entitled to theirs.

I don't understand the patrolling of what another fanbase thinks at all.

Waffle Fries is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:03 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
I've never said the Bruins have no skill. I'm not sure anyone on this board has said the Bruins have no skill. Which just reenforces my desire to know, "Why are you so insecure?"

The Bruins have skill. I do not like the way the NHL is trending with regards to penalty enforcement. This has NOTHING to do with the Bruins.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
The Bruins have lots of skill. Marchand is one of my favorite players in the league. Same with Bergeron.

I'd argue this year the Bruins have more luck than any other team I've seen. From the way things ended against Toronto and Rask having the post/crossbar on his side in so many games.

The Bruins are a team of destiny this year. Their skill translates on the defensive side too. They are a great disciplined team, which is the exact opposite of our team and coaching staff.
i don't think you praised them enough. droves of their 'thought-police' will now begin to hound you.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote