HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) V

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
How many times this team get there head beat in,last 3 years???

BGL is in top shape,power skating lessons,and is angry at the world......I try him out.

Habs need more than just Prust...Ottawa ,Toronto ,Boston proved it this year.
Not going to get into whether the Habs would be better off using a roster spot on a face puncher, there's another thread for that, and I find those arguments circular and boring. But specifically BGL - has there ever been an NHL'er who came back at 36 years old after 3 seasons completely out of hockey?

Old
06-18-2013, 01:24 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Replace stortini in the AHL with laraque if need be. Let him prove himself for the first time in over half a decade.

At least it would give the people in hamilton something to watch.

Solid post, but I have to take exception to one thing, chara's balance (during fights) is probably the worst in the league for any heavyweight. It's just really bad.
He is top heavy. But I seriously, I don't think he falls because of a lack of balance. I think he's trying to wrestle his opponant down because he's not really a fighter. Speaks to his wrestling background and unwillingness to get hurt while fighting.

Old
06-18-2013, 01:26 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
He is top heavy. But I seriously, I don't think he falls because of a lack of balance. I think he's trying to wrestle his opponant down because he's not really a fighter. Speaks to his wrestling background and unwillingness to get hurt while fighting.
Alright, that's fair. Because those are really the only two choices, you either think he's a ***** coward who takes dives when he can't hack it or that his balance is awful.

Then again, Lars Eller did throw him around like a rag doll that one time...

Old
06-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Finally we've figured out BGL's HFboards account.
Go to youtube and watch,

1.The NY Islanders beat Montreal down bad
2.The Flyers beat Montreal down bad
3.The Maple Leafs beat down Habs bad
4.Bruins beat down Montreal bad
5.Ottawa Sens beat Montreal down bad...
Im talking helpless pumblins....not on the scoreboard
When do ya clue in???
IS THE Book out????

Old
06-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Draft

All this Laraque-talk makes me think of Rocky. Not the original 5 but the newest one where he's all washed up but everyone still loves him. He goes back to fighting for the glory (and for the money IMO )

This from Wikipedia on "Rocky Balboa":

"Rocky also reunites with his old trainer, Duke, and both men quickly realize that age and arthritis have sapped Rocky of any speed he once possessed. They decide to focus on his one major remaining weapon: power."

There's no problem with bringing La-Rocky back for a tryout. Fun PR stunt if nothing else.

Old
06-18-2013, 01:29 PM
bud12

Quote:
You have to give him some credit. The guy has incredible balance and he's built like a machine. Fit as can be and he used to practise wrestling with his father who was an Olympic wrestler.

He could beat down most tough guys in the NHL but it's not his role and I doubt he wants to take the chance to get injured in any case. BGL was one of the few players who wanted to fight Chara rather than cower away. I'll give BGL that even though he totally b1tched it up when he was in Montreal and was a huge disappointment to gans like myself who expected a bad ass enforcer and got a vegan ***** cat.

That being said, he sounds pretty aggressive and looks pretty jacked. Wouldn't hurt to give him a chance to prove himself and earn back some of the bucks he robbed from the Habs when he last played.
aahahhahahah

Chara suck at fighting. Terrible balance and punch like a little girl. "In" before someone put the Koci vs Chara fight.....

Old
06-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Et le But

Laraque? Is this real life?

It's one thing to have a terrible at hockey face puncher on the roster.

It's another thing to have a terrible at hockey face puncher who doesn't want to punch faces on the roster.

Old
06-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Roulin

Quote:
You have to give him some credit. The guy has incredible balance and he's built like a machine. Fit as can be and he used to practise wrestling with his father who was an Olympic wrestler.

He could beat down most tough guys in the NHL but it's not his role and I doubt he wants to take the chance to get injured in any case. BGL was one of the few players who wanted to fight Chara rather than cower away. I'll give BGL that even though he totally b1tched it up when he was in Montreal and was a huge disappointment to gans like myself who expected a bad ass enforcer and got a vegan ***** cat.

That being said, he sounds pretty aggressive and looks pretty jacked. Wouldn't hurt to give him a chance to prove himself and earn back some of the bucks he robbed from the Habs when he last played.
BGL lacked that meanness way before he stopped eating meat. Oiler fans have been complaining about that forever. He was the best fighter around, but he'd never just start punching a player who didn't agree to the duel. Difference was, he could still play with the puck when he was in Edmonton.

Old
06-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Laraque? Is this real life?

It's one thing to have a terrible at hockey face puncher on the roster.

It's another thing to have a terrible at hockey face puncher who doesn't want to punch faces on the roster.
You missed post 955? the Laraque interview.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=955

Just remember,Chara didnt always play this mean.....just think back,he was critised for it too.
BGL seen where he went wrong,now coming back mean...provoker..adgitator...banger...enforcer.no more smiles or asking to go.....that is a scary thought,to a lot of NHL players...

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-18-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old
06-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

All these solutions to the pesky 'bottom 6' problem.

Refresh my memory how did we solve the defence problem?

Old
06-18-2013, 01:40 PM
overlords
#BargainBanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
BGL lacked that meanness way before he stopped eating meat. Oiler fans have been complaining about that forever. He was the best fighter around, but he'd never just start punching a player who didn't agree to the duel. Difference was, he could still play with the puck when he was in Edmonton.
I wouldn't be too worried about his puck skills. If you take a look at the playoffs, there's very little puck handling left in the game. If Laraque could remember to just cross the red line and dump that puck deep, he'd be fine. If his skating is actually better than when he first joined the habs, he'd probably be an overall more useful player than before

Like others have said, though, really dépends on how honest he is being with himself about wanting to punch people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post

We signed Drewiske and Bouillon, do try and keep up

Old
06-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Et le But

Do you really think players suddenly rediscover their mean streak at 36?

Or could it be more likely that Laraque hasn't had attention in a while?

Talk is cheap. If Laraque was really passionate about returning to the NHL he would punch some faces in the LNAH to show he still has some fire left.

Old
06-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post

How did we solve our top-6 problem?

How did we solve our small team problem?

How did we solve our weak goaltending problem?

How did we solve our first round exit problem?

How did we solve our no cups in 20 years problem?

We solve all of them by focusing on the big issues like: not enough mustaches on the team, not enough local talent, the ice in the Bell Centre is too cold and the beer is too expensive,the need for face punchers etc.

I'm not sure any of us are truly prepared to deal with the potential train-wreck that is our defence next year. I know I'm not.

Old
06-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Do you really think players suddenly rediscover their mean streak at 36?

Or could it be more likely that Laraque hasn't had attention in a while?

Talk is cheap. If Laraque was really passionate about returning to the NHL he would punch some faces in the LNAH to show he still has some fire left.

I guess that's were a few of us say ,no risk in him comin to training camp...and if does what he says,give him a 2 way deal only....that keeps it risk free....

He is fine with leauge min dollars.he said so...im sure 2 way wouldnt be a issue either.

Can he change at 36?Well strongest man in Nhl,yes.....Turning mean is easy...like he was when he first broke into NHL...a mean Mofo....so he's back to feelin the need to prove himself and go out on his terms the way he came in.

Trying to get tougher is much harder.....he doesnt need to worry about that.
Turnin mean,flick the switch...as he was in the past.

Chara wasnt always the mean player he is now.....someone flicked his switch

Old
06-18-2013, 01:52 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Alright, that's fair. Because those are really the only two choices, you either think he's a ***** coward who takes dives when he can't hack it or that his balance is awful.

Then again, Lars Eller did throw him around like a rag doll that one time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
aahahhahahah

Chara suck at fighting. Terrible balance and punch like a little girl. "In" before someone put the Koci vs Chara fight.....
I'm not going to argue this point by defending Chara so you guys are totally right. He's a goofy loser who I'd still like to see BGL beat the snot out of

Old
06-18-2013, 02:11 PM
BigDaddyLurch
#FireDaSystem

Moving Player 61...

Should the Habs move Raphael Diaz for a big, right-handed shutdown Dman??...who??...

Old
06-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Not going to get into whether the Habs would be better off using a roster spot on a face puncher, there's another thread for that, and I find those arguments circular and boring. But specifically BGL - has there ever been an NHL'er who came back at 36 years old after 3 seasons completely out of hockey?

Well lets give him a little credit...since he's been gone,he took figure skating lessons, for that tv show....surley that didnt hurt.

Also power skatin lessons..so again,that cant hurt....

When John Scott took Thronton out,how fast did he have to skate to get Thornton?

Answer ?not far.

This will be Lucic Laraque...no matter if Lucic wants to or not.There is unfinished business as BGL puts it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfk5g8n5bJI

Watch Buffalo vs Boston,Bruins aint running them around anymore,like they use too..Why?

Last edited by Habaneros: 06-18-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old
06-18-2013, 02:24 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
Should the Habs move Raphael Diaz for a big, right-handed shutdown Dman??...who??...
He is left handed, but Grossman of the Flyers was my trade idea. Now that the Flyers have Streit, who knows if there would be any interest.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:25 PM
couris

If we sign Laraque I will become the Bergevin #1 hater.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Garry Valk

Where are the Laraque Rumours coming from??

Old
06-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Uber Coca

Looks like Minnesota is shopping Clutterbuck. He'd be an awesome addition to this team.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
If we sign Laraque I will become the Bergevin #1 hater.
Then what your sayin Couris, you stand for more of this?
You should be ashamed of yourself,and just think of our players, the one gets hammrred like deers been feed to a lion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vf2mraIxEgt

And this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAQtabmrV7Q

And this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NYFadr81Gc

Old
06-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Nom de Guerre
You Had ONE JOB

Get Laraque for some pre-season games. If he can show that he can fight the way he used to then sign him. If he cant then don't. I wanna see if he really is motivated the way he says he is.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:46 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Looks like Minnesota is shopping Clutterbuck. He'd be an awesome addition to this team.
At what cost though? Who do we trade for him that they wan't and we can afford to lose?

Old
06-18-2013, 02:46 PM
dreamingofdrouin*

What would we have to give up for clutterbuck? he's an RFA

Weber?

Closed Thread