HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Eskimos and CFL 2013 season thread: Eskies 1-3

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Gord
MoneyGuy is smarter

vCash: 1255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Ryan Rishaug ‏@TSNRyanRishaug
Nichols out for the season. Torn ACL
well crap. and on a nothing play, too.

a little push in the endzone. guess the esks won't have to worry about which QB they want to protect next year in the draft for the Ottawa team.

makes the fact the esks went and got Reilly look a lot better.

feel bad for Nichols. injuries have derailed his career before it could even get started.

Old
06-18-2013, 10:43 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 98
So I guess Reilly is garbage?

Old
06-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Beerfish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
So I guess Reilly is garbage?
No Reilly is good but we are one calf strain away from having Kerry Joseph as our starter. Thus the panic.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:12 PM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

does this team win 9 games this year now?

Old
06-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Wheres Moneyguy guaranteeing 10 wins now?

What a cluster****. Expected #1 QB out again. Big touted return guy out and injured after one freaking play..

jebus, we're cursed in this town.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:26 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Wheres Moneyguy guaranteeing 10 wins now?

What a cluster****. Expected #1 QB out again. Big touted return guy out and injured after one freaking play..

jebus, we're cursed in this town.
Reilly was going to be the starter all along. The worry is who is after him.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:45 PM
MoneyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Had little reason to watch this season and now there's less. Gong show
Yeah, that's the spirit.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:54 PM
jadeddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Reilly was going to be the starter all along. The worry is who is after him.
yeah this is my thinking as well... reilly was always going to be the guy, all this talk of them "being too close to call" in training camp was just to create some competition in camp

reilly was their guy, they wouldn't have traded/signed him if that wasn't the case... obviously having nichols hurt sucks, but i don't think it changes the plan very much at all... it does limit our ability to change QBs in-game if reilly is struggling however, as they likely won't put harris or crompton in, and i don't see the purpose of putting joseph in at all (although i can't figure out why he's on the team to begin with to be honest)

Old
06-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Yeah, that's the spirit.
The gong show statement due to an injury was silly but the Eskimos have brought skepticism totally on themselves and it is up to them to work the organization out of it. I don't blame any fan from looking at the team and the org with a very critical eye. It's up to them to prove people wrong.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Nichols' career as a professional football player is over.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Edmonton Eskimos ‏@cfl_esks
Breaking News: #Esks sign import OL Nick Cody and release import RB Tavoy Moore. Details --> http://*******/12Trf4b #CFL

Old
06-18-2013, 02:36 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Yeah, that's the spirit.
Injuries happen, I understand. But the last few years have inspired me even less than the oilers have. I hope the Eskimos succeed, but without a steady qb you are lost. Here's hoping Reilly gets the job done otherwise its going to be a loooooong season.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:36 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
So much for our Gizmo like return guy.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:41 PM
jadeddog

Interesting that they are still signing import olineman at this stage of camp. Doesn't exactly give you the warm and fuzzies about our line play this year. I hope Reilly can scramble, cause he's going to need to this season.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Yeah, that's the spirit.
That poster is patient to a fault and pretty reasonable. So when a guy like that is saying something like that its time to take note. Fact of the matter is a lot of former eskimos and even players are disgusted in what the product and logo have come.

The org has been inept for nearly a decade. An org that has every advantage economically and is pretty much the NY Yankees of the CFL somehow managing to fail year after year.

Theres a stench with this org and its decision making that is pretty hard to view vicariously. As a fan it becomes a whole lot less enjoyable when the whole learned experience of the product is unending frustration in response to an incompetent org.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Edmonton Eskimos ‏@cfl_esks
Breaking News: #Esks sign import OL Nick Cody and release import RB Tavoy Moore. Details --> http://*******/12Trf4b #CFL
Looks like the second coming of Gizmo is gone.

lol really that an org that was trumping this guy since TC started has given up on him because he's injured. link didn't work for me so I don't know what the rationale if any is.

Old
06-18-2013, 03:00 PM
jadeddog

Quote:

lol really that an org that was trumping this guy since TC started has given up on him because he's injured. link didn't work for me so I don't know what the rationale if any is.
the CFL is weird in that they will release players and then re-sign them right away to practice roster level deals... wouldn't surprise me to learn that this is the case for this guy as well

Old
06-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

Quote:

"The Edmonton Eskimo Football Club announces the signing of import offensive lineman Nick Cody.

Cody spent four years (2009-12) at the University of Oregon, appearing in 46 games, including every game in 2012. During that time, the Ducks led the Pac 12 in rushing yards and both total and scoring offence.

59-Nick Cody
Offensive Lineman (import)
College: Oregon
Born: Dec. 13, 1989 – Brush Prairie, WA
Height: 6.05
Weight: 310

The Eskimos also announce the release of import running back Tavoy Moore who will undergo an MRI later this week for a knee injury sustained in last Friday’s game against the Roughriders."

Old
06-18-2013, 03:04 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
That poster is patient to a fault and pretty reasonable. So when a guy like that is saying something like that its time to take note. Fact of the matter is a lot of former eskimos and even players are disgusted in what the product and logo have come.

The org has been inept for nearly a decade. An org that has every advantage economically and is pretty much the NY Yankees of the CFL somehow managing to fail year after year.

Theres a stench with this org and its decision making that is pretty hard to view vicariously. As a fan it becomes a whole lot less enjoyable when the whole learned experience of the product is unending frustration in response to an incompetent org.
Thanks for the backhanded compliment, but I agree with what you've said here. At least the oilers show signs of improving and moving forward. The Eskimos get a pass because there are teams even more incompetent than them. Other than Fred stamps do we have a single player worth taking about? Look down the road at the stamps, they had a successor to Burris and have great offensive talent in addition to solid defense. Nothing about the Eskimos inspires me to believe we can compete with any western team. Maybe the defense comes alive but that won't win games with a sleepy offense. Suddenly macocia doesn't seem so bad and that's when you know your team is bad.

Old
06-18-2013, 03:13 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Thanks for the backhanded compliment, but I agree with what you've said here. At least the oilers show signs of improving and moving forward. The Eskimos get a pass because there are teams even more incompetent than them. Other than Fred stamps do we have a single player worth taking about? Look down the road at the stamps, they had a successor to Burris and have great offensive talent in addition to solid defense. Nothing about the Eskimos inspires me to believe we can compete with any western team. Maybe the defense comes alive but that won't win games with a sleepy offense. Suddenly macocia doesn't seem so bad and that's when you know your team is bad.
heh, the compliment was genuine even if the wording didn't translate well. I mean what I stated. You are consistently patient with the local teams and convey that you are a loyal fan. So when I read something like that from you I take note and that it is far outside of what you would usually state. To me that kind of thing jumps off the page and deserves attention.

Conversely when I'm negative I'm just being a curmudgeon. *****, moan, etc..

I couldn't agree more with your take on the club. As it stands theres one player on this offense that I want to see. Fred Stamps. Thats about it.

The D will be good as usual but i don't think it will be enough. Last year I got suckered into thinking it might be enough.

Old
06-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
the CFL is weird in that they will release players and then re-sign them right away to practice roster level deals... wouldn't surprise me to learn that this is the case for this guy as well
Could be but what stops another team from signing? In anycase poor optics that the trumped player this year is so readily released.

This org having a bad habit of doing that after the Boyd, Messam fiascos last year. I guess its the kiss of death around here when we hear something good about personnel.

We need someone named Don Trull at QB. That would perfectly evoke past times, not good times but it would kind of fit at this point.

Old
06-18-2013, 03:23 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
heh, the compliment was genuine even if the wording didn't translate well. I mean what I stated. You are consistently patient with the local teams and convey that you are a loyal fan. So when I read something like that from you I take note and that it is far outside of what you would usually state. To me that kind of thing jumps off the page and deserves attention.

Conversely when I'm negative I'm just being a curmudgeon. *****, moan, etc..

I couldn't agree more with your take on the club. As it stands theres one player on this offense that I want to see. Fred Stamps. Thats about it.

The D will be good as usual but i don't think it will be enough. Last year I got suckered into thinking it might be enough.
I tried to put a smiley in there but typing on a phone doesn't work so well. I'll still watch the games but with heavy cynicism. If Reilly can hold up they're good for at least 7 wins, but at this point I'd rather watch the Phoenix coyotes...

Seeing this team play, I can understand your attitude towards them. In already foreseeing a 40 point beatdown courtesy of calgary...

Old
06-18-2013, 03:38 PM
Powder
Droppin The KlefBom!

John MacKinnon ‏@rjmackinnon
To summarize, #Eskimos have lost OT Orrin Thompson; WR Tavoy Moore (released); and QB Matt Nichols to catastrophic knee injuries

Old
06-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

^

Is it just me or is the team experiencing more lower body injuries since training/scrimmaging at the field house facility. Whats the surface like there to run on?

Old
06-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Quote:
John MacKinnon ‏@rjmackinnon
To summarize, #Eskimos have lost OT Orrin Thompson; WR Tavoy Moore (released); and QB Matt Nichols to catastrophic knee injuries
This is going to be a fantastic season

Closed Thread