HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Possible Replacements for Briere.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2013, 11:14 AM
  #51
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,364
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
IDK if there's an offseason preview/moves thread, but this is the current hot topic, so what do you think about this?

FORWARDS
Blake Wheeler ($4.000m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Simon Gagne ($2.250m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Matthew Lombardi ($1.000m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m)
DEFENSEMEN
Mark Streit ($4.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Erik Gustafsson ($1.100m)
David Rundblad ($2.000m) / Chris Pronger ($4.941m)
GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Bernier ($2.000m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
-----
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,308,095; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,791,905

Rundblad will have to be "sent down" on paper for game 1 until we bump Pronger's contract to LTIR because it's slightly over the cap, but within the offseason cap.

Wheeler and Rundblad are RFAs. Wheeler will be tough to acquire, but WPG has a lot of guys needing to be re-signed this offseason. I feel like he can be a great replacement for Briere, and he's only 26. Rundblad is supposedly prepared to flea to the KHL, so the Flyers should just snatch him up.

Roster is proposed with Read traded for Bernier, and Meszaros traded for anything (picks)
Doesn't Wheeler have some character issues? Maybe I am wrong but I thought he was the kind of guy that quits on plays and stuff. If not, I am fully on board to go after Wheeler because I think on a line with Giroux he can be very valuable. But if he is a bad attitude guy, no thanks.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 01:13 PM
  #52
Wolfoxes
Registered User
 
Wolfoxes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
I remember in an interview earlier in the year Briere saying he doesn't want to play for anyone else besides the Flyers when there were rumours surfacing about him waiving his no movement clause?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Flyers buy him out and then resign him with a much lower salary cap hit, and give him a big bonus for having to go through all this.

Wolfoxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 01:26 PM
  #53
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,421
vCash: 500
They can't do that.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 01:31 PM
  #54
Stizzle
Registered User
 
Stizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,988
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfoxes View Post
I remember in an interview earlier in the year Briere saying he doesn't want to play for anyone else besides the Flyers when there were rumours surfacing about him waiving his no movement clause?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Flyers buy him out and then resign him with a much lower salary cap hit, and give him a big bonus for having to go through all this.
That's against the rules. Oh yeah, also Briere is beyond awful. The Flyers wouldn't even want him on the cheap.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 01:52 PM
  #55
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy9748 View Post
Why are some people considering putting Couturier on the wing? That makes zero sense.
I think because of simplistic familiarity. He played some wing in junior, so we assume he'd automatically be more comfortable there than Schenn and/or Laughton...though he's obviously far and away our best defensive center, and moving him to wing hurts matchups against guys like Geno, Sid, Stamkos, Backstrom, Staal, etc.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 02:03 PM
  #56
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,362
vCash: 500
I get that Briere was a good player for us overall and apparently a nice guy but he was pretty brutal these last two years. Once he's gone I hope it's for good at least as player that it is.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 03:54 PM
  #57
GingerFetish
Registered User
 
GingerFetish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfoxes View Post
I remember in an interview earlier in the year Briere saying he doesn't want to play for anyone else besides the Flyers when there were rumours surfacing about him waiving his no movement clause?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Flyers buy him out and then resign him with a much lower salary cap hit, and give him a big bonus for having to go through all this.
Can't re-sign him right away, have to wait a year.

Maybe they might do that and he comes back like Gagne did on a much lesser role.

At least I hope that'd happen, make everyone happy and Danny gets some bonding time with kids and maybe chase a few ladies or two for a year.

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:25 PM
  #58
JayB
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
We need to get bigger.

So go after (not in order)

For middle6 UFA:
Morrow
Clowe
Clarkson
Iginla
Horton
Stewart RFA


For bottom6 UFA:
Nystrom
Hendricks
Lapierre
Torres
Clutterbuck RFA
Clifford RFA

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 04:26 PM
  #59
tymed
Registered User
 
tymed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 468
vCash: 500
I'd like to add a guy like Ryder as an offensive minded guy to replace Danny.

Our forward lineup is missing a pure shooter moreso than anything else, especially with the passing and playmaking talent we have in our captain.

He is more or less 30g in the bank with a guy like Claude passing to him, I would say that is bottom line aswell.

He's also got a cup ring and could bring some added veteran experience. At 31, he's no spring chicken but his particular skillset and game seem to have evolved with his experience and he isn't reliant on having a pair of young legs.

He isnt very physical so you'd want a guy like Harts or Simmer or Schenn on his opposite wing. Im not sure where his cap will ring in but hes at 3.5m atm. Also not sure if he can slot into the left side or not: we have too many natural right wingers.

Could free up Jake to "anchor" the 2nd aswell.

tymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 06:06 PM
  #60
curtisinpa
Registered User
 
curtisinpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Does Mason Raymond bring anything else to the table that a guy like Wellwood doesn't. Besides costing more?

curtisinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 09:21 PM
  #61
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisinpa View Post
Does Mason Raymond bring anything else to the table that a guy like Wellwood doesn't. Besides costing more?
Wellwood isn't going to be playing this year. He can barely walk. Raymond brings speed, skill and actual NHL experience.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 09:32 PM
  #62
DrHamburg
Registered User
 
DrHamburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,174
vCash: 500
are we really worried about replacing briere? his 40 points and horrendous defense..i think we will be okay

DrHamburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:02 PM
  #63
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,611
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisinpa View Post
Does Mason Raymond bring anything else to the table that a guy like Wellwood doesn't. Besides costing more?
yes. he can do more than just skate real fast

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:06 PM
  #64
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,362
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
are we really worried about replacing briere? his 40 points and horrendous defense..i think we will be okay
40 points might be a little generous too.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:50 PM
  #65
GingerFetish
Registered User
 
GingerFetish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
FORWARDS
Ryane Clowe ($3.625m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Simon Gagne ($3.500m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Milan Hejduk ($2.000m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)

Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) / Adam Hall ($0.650m) / Jason Akeson ($0.900m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.851m)

Oliver Lauridsen ($0.644m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)


GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Bernier ($1.525m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)

OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
Buyout: Chris Pronger ($0.000m)
Buyout: Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m)
Buyout: Danny Briere ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,460,667; BONUSES: $2,960,000
CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $2,799,333

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:54 PM
  #66
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFetish View Post
FORWARDS
Ryane Clowe ($3.625m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Simon Gagne ($3.500m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Milan Hejduk ($2.000m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)

Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) / Adam Hall ($0.650m) / Jason Akeson ($0.900m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.851m)

Oliver Lauridsen ($0.644m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)


GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Bernier ($1.525m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)

OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
Buyout: Chris Pronger ($0.000m)
Buyout: Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m)
Buyout: Danny Briere ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,460,667; BONUSES: $2,960,000
CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $2,799,333
Good luck at getting Clowe at that price.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 10:56 PM
  #67
GingerFetish
Registered User
 
GingerFetish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 1,002
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Good luck at getting Clowe at that price.
Still some space left.

If not Clowe then Hartnell top line and 2-3rd L-winger.

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2013, 11:02 PM
  #68
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,690
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFetish View Post
Still some space left.

If not Clowe then Hartnell top line and 2-3rd L-winger.
I just don't like the idea of handing out another long term contract for big money this off season. I think they're done unless they move more salary out through trade. Remember, Giroux, Schenn, and Couturier need to be extended at the end of next season, and that doesn't even include Read who I think is already gone. All three of them will be more more important moving forward than guys like Clowe or Horton.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:16 AM
  #69
flyersfan018
Registered User
 
flyersfan018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,233
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFetish View Post
FORWARDS
Ryane Clowe ($3.625m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Simon Gagne ($3.500m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Milan Hejduk ($2.000m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)

Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) / Adam Hall ($0.650m) / Jason Akeson ($0.900m)

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.851m)

Oliver Lauridsen ($0.644m) / Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)


GOALTENDERS
Jonathan Bernier ($1.525m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)

OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
Buyout: Chris Pronger ($0.000m)
Buyout: Ilya Bryzgalov ($0.000m)
Buyout: Danny Briere ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,460,667; BONUSES: $2,960,000
CAP SPACE (25-man roster): $2,799,333
Don't see Hejduk leaving Colorado.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:52 AM
  #70
FlyersFanz
aut viam inveniam au
 
FlyersFanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
The score has reported that Briere and Bryzgalov are both a buyout, got the news yesterday.

FlyersFanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 03:55 PM
  #71
laforest
R.I.P Buster
 
laforest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymed View Post
I'd like to add a guy like Ryder as an offensive minded guy to replace Danny.

Our forward lineup is missing a pure shooter moreso than anything else, especially with the passing and playmaking talent we have in our captain.

He is more or less 30g in the bank with a guy like Claude passing to him, I would say that is bottom line aswell.

He's also got a cup ring and could bring some added veteran experience. At 31, he's no spring chicken but his particular skillset and game seem to have evolved with his experience and he isn't reliant on having a pair of young legs.

He isnt very physical so you'd want a guy like Harts or Simmer or Schenn on his opposite wing. Im not sure where his cap will ring in but hes at 3.5m atm. Also not sure if he can slot into the left side or not: we have too many natural right wingers.

Could free up Jake to "anchor" the 2nd aswell.
I agree, Ryder seems like a good option. Other than that maybe Brunner. But i assume he's going back to Detroit. Other wingers that wouldn't be awful are Clarkson and Boyes.

laforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 04:47 PM
  #72
Evil Edler
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Evil Edler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,304
vCash: 50
If you get Raymond, you have to drink a shot every time he falls.



Don't get me wrong, I like the kid but sometimes(lots of times) hes too fast.

Evil Edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 04:53 PM
  #73
jabba2
Just say no to Clowe
 
jabba2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 472
vCash: 500
Straka and Raffl could possibly fiull in for Briere at some point this year. Otherwise it will be Schenn and Couturier moving up a spot. Not really worried about replacing Briere's production from last season. They can find a FA on the cheap too.

jabba2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:20 PM
  #74
Cootsfanclub
Registered User
 
Cootsfanclub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 601
vCash: 500
I can't believe Kyle Flanagan hasn't even been brought up here.

Cootsfanclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:31 PM
  #75
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba2 View Post
Straka and Raffl could possibly fiull in for Briere at some point this year. Otherwise it will be Schenn and Couturier moving up a spot. Not really worried about replacing Briere's production from last season. They can find a FA on the cheap too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootsfanclub View Post
I can't believe Kyle Flanagan hasn't even been brought up here.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.