HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) VI

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2013, 05:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Considering Diaz is an impending UFA with just over 20 career NHL games of playing ~20min/game wouldn't be surprised if the Wild say the exact same thing except joke 'Let's throw in Grandlund while we're at it'.
Diaz is not an impending anything. He's signed through next season at an excellent cap hit.

Old
06-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Diaz is not an impending anything. He's signed through next season at an excellent cap hit.
Right, 1 year from UFA and not proven beyond ~20 game stretch versus a controllable RFA who's already proven as one of the game's best 3rd liners offensively, defensively, physically.

Old
06-18-2013, 06:18 PM
Forsead

Quote:
Right, 1 year from UFA and not proven beyond ~20 game stretch versus a controllable RFA who's already proven as one of the game's best 3rd liners offensively, defensively, physically.
He also played 59 games in 2011-2012.

Old
06-18-2013, 06:21 PM
MrNasty

MacKenzie is reporting that Detroit may not be able to afford keeping Filppula. I could see him as a nice fit in the top 6. He does apparently want big money though (5.5M cap hit for 7 or 8 years)

Old
06-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Weber may have more value because Clutterbuck's QO is 1.6 mil and Minny is in a cap crunch. Weber's QO is around 925-950k.
Man are you lost in this one. 1.6M is chicken feed and Weber is valueless.

Old
06-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Roger Millions has a quote from Corbin Knight who just signed with Calgary he said this today, "night adds that Danny Kristo his UND teammate could surprise next Sunday in Newark". What does that mean?
Part of a trade to move up? Can't wait for the draft!

Old
06-18-2013, 06:37 PM
TT1

HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 4m
#Habs Trevor Timmins has stated on the record that Coughlin is his sleeper in the upcoming draft.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/touch...tml?id=8484420

Old
06-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 4m
#Habs Trevor Timmins has stated on the record that Coughlin is his sleeper in the upcoming draft.

Doesn't seem special statistically nor is it logical to reveal actual sleepers pre-draft. Seems like a favour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
Part of a trade to move up? Can't wait for the draft!
Well Flames do have 22nd and 28th overall picks. If they're willing to deal a 4th for Knight's rights, maybe they might be interest in swapping a 1st for Kristo to play with Knight.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:02 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
MacKenzie is reporting that Detroit may not be able to afford keeping Filppula. I could see him as a nice fit in the top 6. He does apparently want big money though (5.5M cap hit for 7 or 8 years)
He scored 20 goals once, good luck with that.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:06 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Doesn't seem special statistically nor is it logical to reveal actual sleepers pre-draft. Seems like a favour.
Wow....great call. Didn't think of that....Timmins talking greatly about a kid so maybe other would listen and grab him. Honestly, that could very well be it.

As far as Kristo is concerned....don't touch him.....A swap for Kristo? What do you mean? 22nd for 25th? At best, put Kristo in a package and get #6. But in no way do you send Kristo to Calgary for 3 spots.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 06-18-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old
06-18-2013, 07:07 PM
groovejuice

Quote:

Well Flames do have 22nd and 28th ovqerall picks. If they're willing to deal a 4th for Knight's rights, maybe they might be interest in swapping a 1st for Kristo to play with Knight.
That's exactly what I thought when reading Knight's quote.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Wow....great call. Didn't think of that....Timmins talking greatly about a kid so maybe other would listen and grab him. Honestly, that could very well be it.

As far as Kristo is concerned....don't touch him.....A swap for Kristo? What do you mean? 22nd for 25th? At best, put Kristo in a package and get #6. But in no way do you send Kristo to Calgary for 3 spots.
Calgary has a couple of d prospects, Wotherspoon or Sieloff that I'd be okay with if they were part of the trade. Maybe we could trade their pick #32 for #22, I'd think about that, depending who was still on the board.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:

No I mean 22nd overall or 28th overall for Kristo alone (maybe a 3rd with him). He's a former 2nd round pick who's close to NHL ready, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'rush to compete again' Flames want to take a chance.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:27 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Cal Clutterbuck is available I'd love to have him on the Habs Mr. Energy.
Agreed 100%. Him and Prust anywhere on our 2 bottom lines please. Why not on the top 6 too ah!

Old
06-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 4m

Seemingly a kind gesture to get this kid drafted.

Didn't realize 10 goalies were invited to Brassard, little doubt the Habs will come away with at least one of them.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
No I mean 22nd overall or 28th overall for Kristo alone (maybe a 3rd with him). He's a former 2nd round pick who's close to NHL ready, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'rush to compete again' Flames want to take a chance.
As a big Kristo fan....honestly, I'm surely overvaluing him, but I'd package him in a big deal to get a top 8 player. Getting an additionnal 22nd....while incredibly fun for draft day, not sure I'd agree in the end. But I guess we could try to see what they would be willing to do. Always interesting to know as to how desperate some can be.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
As a big Kristo fan....honestly, I'm surely overvaluing him, but I'd package him in a big deal to get a top 8 player. Getting an additionnal 22nd....while incredibly fun for draft day, not sure I'd agree in the end. But I guess we could try to see what they would be willing to do. Always interesting to know as to how desperate some can be.
I would agree (well depending on who's available at 22) but I was just speculating on what Knight's comments would potentially mean.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:53 PM
yianik

Not to be cocky here, but Feaster isn't a GM you would fear too much in MB trying to cut a deal with.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:06 PM
jwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Im not in the Bickell to Montreal camp

He comes east to play,his bang style means he best buckle up vs Bruins and Leafs....
I can see him gettin a few beat downs...

Yes he is big,but again when the Habs get there yearly beat downs ,he will be in prety tough waters.

Also, he stopped his bangin where did it go vs Bruins???I mean this is who he will be facin if he wears Habs jersey.

I hope .Hawks do resign him.
OR, Bickell adds toughness by joining forces with Prust, White, Moen, Tinordi as well as Emelin and Subban who, while they're not necessarily fighters, are definitely not daisies. The assertion that Bickell should expect to be beaten down just because he'll be on the Habs is ridiculous.

I agree he hasn't done much against Boston so far. As much as it pains me to write it, the Bruins have been lights-out since the 1st round. I doubt any team could handle them right now.

Last edited by jwolf: 06-18-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old
06-18-2013, 08:11 PM
odishabs

- Danny Kristo and a 3rd to Calgary for the 26th pick overall

1st round: Frederik Gauthier
1st round: Kerby Rychel
2nd round: Ian McCoshen
2nd round: Tyler Hill
2nd round: John Hayden

I know it's highly unlikely, but just imagine this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Rychel - Eller - Collberg

Hudon - Gauthier - LeBlanc

Hill - Hayden - XXXXXX

McCoshen - Subban

Tinordi - Beaulieu

Gorges - Thrower/Ellis

Price

Old
06-18-2013, 08:12 PM
Teufelsdreck

I don't expect Bergevin to make a blockbuster trade or UFA signing. He might move up in the first round by throwing in lower round picks but I doubt he could get one of the top 10 selections, considering that his top pick is only a #25. Any superstars that emerge from this draft willl probably go elsewhere. In short, improvements in the Habs will have to be incremental. As for trading Kristo, the chances are remote that he'd do it to move up a mere 3 slots. However, you never know who might remain undrafted at that point.

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 06-18-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old
06-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Pricenyuk
Fear The Bridge Deal

vCash: 310
The more I think about it, the more I believe that Kristo will be sent to Calgary. With the Knight signing, Knight's comments, the flames wanting to be successful right away, Montreal's recent history as Calgary's trading partner, and Feaster's recent comments about the flames needing to win at this years draft and free agency, I'm starting to believe that MB may have plans to deal Kristo at the draft.

Could have been a major selling point from the Flame's perspective in order to even sign Knight.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:40 PM
pcamp

Maybe something like Kristo+ 25th for 22th and 28th

Old
06-18-2013, 08:43 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal961 View Post
The more I think about it, the more I believe that Kristo will be sent to Calgary. With the Knight signing, Knight's comments, the flames wanting to be successful right away, Montreal's recent history as Calgary's trading partner, and Feaster's recent comments about the flames needing to win at this years draft and free agency, I'm starting to believe that MB may have plans to deal Kristo at the draft.

Could have been a major selling point from the Flame's perspective in order to even sign Knight.
Fun draft becomes more interesting. Okay, what is Kristo worth to the Flames in terms of a pick ? We go from 25 to 22, do we get 28, do we get 22 by throwing in a 2nd ?

Old
06-18-2013, 08:53 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamp View Post
Maybe something like Kristo+ 25th for 22th and 28th
I think that we would at least have to add DAL 2013 3rd round pick.

Closed Thread