HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Flyers talking to Anaheim about Bobby Ryan

Old
06-18-2013, 07:09 PM
HighOFFHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Hypothetically, if he were playing with Fowler, he'd be in a role that allowed him to stick to those strengths. Cam would be the go-to guy on that pairing, and Coburn would be tasked to complement him, and not the other way around. This is all theoretical, but that could be a win for Coburn and Anaheim.
At one point people on the Flyers thought he would turn into a puck mover because of his tremendous skating. Anyone who watches him move, he moves skates like a figure skater. Always makes it back to check his man. Should be perfect for someone like Fowler.

HighOFFHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Tecumseh
Ducks Hockey is Hell

Can we get actual value for Bobby? I feel like the Ducks can get so much better than Coburn.

Tecumseh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:11 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Sorry I'm not a homer with pompons who inflates the value of any player wearing orange and black. I saw plenty of Coburn, he's just a very big defenseman with an inflated salary. He's no better than Jay Bouwmeester.
Bouwmeester is a much better player actually is that even debatable? Bouwmeester is actually a good defenseman that is underrated due to his bad contract...

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:12 PM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM358 View Post
Can we get actual value for Bobby? I feel like the Ducks can get so much better than Coburn.
They could have if our GM would have moved him when his value was super inflated two years ago. He decided to wait, so Bobby's value is much lower right now.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Tecumseh
Ducks Hockey is Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
They could have if our GM would have moved him when his value was super inflated two years ago. He decided to wait, so Bobby's value is much lower right now.
The draft pick isn't terrible though. Watching him in the playoffs vs Detroit was absolutely brutal. Beside those few goals, he looked completely clueless and lost out there. That was basically the final straw for me.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:16 PM
ObsessedCreative*

Hey Ducks fans would you be interested in a straight up swap of Kris Letang for Bobby Ryan?!

ObsessedCreative* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:17 PM
UnknownAvenger

From what Philly fans have described about his strengths and weaknesses, he would be the perfect partner for Fowler.

Fowler will handle the rush and offense, Coburn will handle his zone.

I know Ducks fans want more for Ryan, but I think BM may finally pull the trigger and cut him loose. I've had enough of his inconsistency and I think the team has as well.

With #11 we could possibly package picks to move into the Top 6-8 or so and I think it would be very smart to grab Monahan. IMO he's going to be one of the best to come from this draft. He's got the character, smarts and skill to be a true 2C and especially if Anaheim wants a backup plan for Holland, he'd be great.

UnknownAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:17 PM
Tecumseh
Ducks Hockey is Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative View Post
Hey Ducks fans would you be interested in a straight up swap of Kris Letang for Bobby Ryan?!
I wish Pittsburgh was dumb enough to do that.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:18 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by visor wearing goon View Post
Except the part about actually playing capable defense and not making as much money as Bouwmeester.

Dazzle us with more comparisons.
You haven't seem Bouwmeester play since his Panther days have you?

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOFFHockey View Post
At one point people on the Flyers thought he would turn into a puck mover because of his tremendous skating. Anyone who watches him move, he moves skates like a figure skater. Always makes it back to check his man. Should be perfect for someone like Fowler.
That's one of the reasons Ben Lovejoy, of all people, seemed to work pretty well with Fowler. He had excellent mobility, and really bought in to the role. Unfortunately, Lovejoy really isn't a legit top 4 guy. He's more of a 6/7 who overachieved a bit, but he knew his role and he was able to complement Cam well.

Coburn is, undeniably, a much better looking option in that role. Just the fact Coburn can skate with Fowler should help create some space and outlet options the same way Lovejoy did, and Coburn is just a better defensive option. Coburn would very likely fill one of Anaheim's greatest needs, which is a legit top 4 guy who can probably handle some top pairing responsibilities with the right D partner.

I like where Murray's head is at here. Frankly, I'm not sure Ryan has much of a future in Anaheim. He's kind of a puzzle piece that doesn't fit well, and the Ducks may feel they can make up for his loss with some of the young talent they have. I'm not sure the value is quite right yet, but I think Murray has the right idea of what needs to be done.

06-18-2013, 07:20 PM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
Good value for the Flyers, but we can't spend the #11 and not get a defenseman somehow.
unless it comes in a separate deal

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:22 PM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

Quote:
The draft pick isn't terrible though. Watching him in the playoffs vs Detroit was absolutely brutal. Beside those few goals, he looked completely clueless and lost out there. That was basically the final straw for me.
You're preaching to the choir my friend

I want Bobby gone as much as any Ducks fan does. I've had enough of the inconsistencies, and I know the guy is never going to put it all together in an Anaheim sweater. I'm just pointing out that our GM had the opportunity to trade this player for a much better return two years ago. He waited, and now here we are settling for worse value.

Either way, I still want him moved

Old
06-18-2013, 07:22 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
With John Gibson in the wings Anaheim may be interested in including Hiller.

Hiller + Ryan for Couturier + Voracek.

Draft a dman at 11.

Boom.
Ryan has a quiet season while Voracek explodes. Sure, let's swap them.

Anywho, the original trade makes no sense for either. Philly has a weak defense as is and Anaheim is in desperate need of a centre.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:24 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
You're preaching to the choir my friend

I want Bobby gone as much as any Ducks fan does. I've had enough of the inconsistencies, and I know the guy is never going to put it all together in an Anaheim sweater. I'm just pointing out that our GM had the opportunity to trade this player for a much better return two years ago. He waited, and now here we are settling for worse value.

Either way, I still want him moved
It's a damn shame the only piece I see you guys wanting from us is Edler. Would love to have Ryan, but am hesitant to move our pseudo #1 with these recent contracts being handed out.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Phillyfan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
With John Gibson in the wings Anaheim may be interested in including Hiller.

Hiller + Ryan for Couturier + Voracek.

Draft a dman at 11.

Boom.
This made me throw up in my mouth

Phillyfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Ryan has a quiet season while Voracek explodes. Sure, let's swap them.

Anywho, the original trade makes no sense for either. Philly has a weak defense as is and Anaheim is in desperate need of a centre.
I disagree. We're much more desperate for a defenseman then we are for a center. A real 2C would be nice, but a top 4 D is much more of a priority.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:28 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
It's Panaccio, so take it for what it's worth...

Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 1m
2 NHL sources tell CSN Flyers & ANA talking of Bobby Ryan. Among scenarios being discussed: Coburn, 11th pick for Ryan... more later
yes please.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:29 PM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

Coburn could be a potentially great fit in Anaheim, but if Ryan goes, I definitely think a forward needs to go the other way, unless they use that 11th pick packaged with their own first to try and get Lindholm or Barkov. There's already a hole there,

A base deal of Coburn+Couturier for Ryan+Sbisa makes a lot of sense to me. Sbisa is pretty cheap for two more years and allows them to replace Coburn on the roster. I think it'd be a blow for the Flyers to give up Couturier, but I'm guessing they still like Sbisa a lot, and it's no secret they have a huge ***** for Ryan. For the Ducks, they're still tasked with finding a veteran winger, but they finally get their second line center, and they get a pretty ideal partner for Fowler.

The Mighty Duck Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:32 PM
KJS14

I kind of like the original deal. The value is good for the Flyers, but I'm not sure if I would pull the trigger.

We could just wait and get Ryan in free agency in what? 2 years? If we pick Ristolainen, he would definitely be ready by then. And we have 2 years to figure out our goaltending situation. This team is built for the future, so I don't see the point in making the trade this year.

KJS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:33 PM
Phillyfan28

Isnt Ryan entering final year of contract? What will he command as far as contract extension?

Old
06-18-2013, 07:38 PM
ObsessedCreative*

Quote:
I wish Pittsburgh was dumb enough to do that.
Well it depends on what his (letang) $$$ & term demands are after this final year on his deal, he could be pricing himself out of Pittsburgh, but I would seriously consider this swap as a pens fan.

ObsessedCreative* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:40 PM
AngelDuck
Rak 'em up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyfan28 View Post
Isnt Ryan entering final year of contract? What will he command as far as contract extension?
No, he's got two years left at $5.1M cap hit

http://capgeek.com/ducks/

Old
06-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Fire Shero*

I'm surprised it took this long for the yearly Ryan to the Flyers crap. But but but he's from Cherry Hill!

Fire Shero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Phillyfan28

Quote:
No, he's got two years left at $5.1M cap hit

http://capgeek.com/ducks/
Ok, thanks

Old
06-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Go Wings

What is it with you Flyers and wingers? Someone needs to tell you so it might as well be me: You need solid goaltending and solid defense to win cups and to consistantly make the playoffs. There the cat is out of the bag see what you can do with it.

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote