HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Not that good!

Old
10-13-2006, 04:16 PM
capn89*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!

4 games people
4 games or 40 games, it doesn't matter. Anyone who says these games "don't matter" is an idiot because every single game out of the 82 end up determining where you seed and who you play. Granted, lower seeds do SOMETIMES make it far, it is better to be seeded higher simply because you'll be playing a team that obviously is not as good as you are. Personally, I don't think most people are upset about their record after 4 games (even though it sucks) but more upset at the teams lackluster play. This team is in no way at all exciting. I had more excitement (for whatever reason) in the "clutch and grab era" of the 90's and early 2000's than I have since the return from the lockout. The Flyers are boring.

capn89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 01:01 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by capn89 View Post
4 games or 40 games, it doesn't matter. Anyone who says these games "don't matter" is an idiot because every single game out of the 82 end up determining where you seed and who you play. Granted, lower seeds do SOMETIMES make it far, it is better to be seeded higher simply because you'll be playing a team that obviously is not as good as you are. Personally, I don't think most people are upset about their record after 4 games (even though it sucks) but more upset at the teams lackluster play. This team is in no way at all exciting. I had more excitement (for whatever reason) in the "clutch and grab era" of the 90's and early 2000's than I have since the return from the lockout. The Flyers are boring.
thats really not the point. sure these 4 games count but theres no way to tell if these 4 games are indicitive to the way the season will play out. 10-15 more and then we should be having serious discussion like this IMO

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2006, 06:35 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post
thats really not the point. sure these 4 games count but theres no way to tell if these 4 games are indicitive to the way the season will play out. 10-15 more and then we should be having serious discussion like this IMO
even then it can be tough... you can have the quarter pole evaluation, but i don't think it tells you much until about the halfway point. we'll be fine if the kids start scoring... that's what we need to see happen.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 12:22 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
even then it can be tough... you can have the quarter pole evaluation, but i don't think it tells you much until about the halfway point. we'll be fine if the kids start scoring... that's what we need to see happen.
Ok, so say if the Flyers are 10 games under at the quarter pole mark, would you then say that maybe it's time for a coaching change and to move into a new direction? Because it's clear that the message isn't getting through to the players. Think of it, all the mistakes they are making are mistakes that good teams don't make. This is more than a lack of execution that's going on here.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 06:14 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Ok, so say if the Flyers are 10 games under at the quarter pole mark, would you then say that maybe it's time for a coaching change and to move into a new direction? Because it's clear that the message isn't getting through to the players. Think of it, all the mistakes they are making are mistakes that good teams don't make. This is more than a lack of execution that's going on here.
so young kids screw up?

SHOCKING.

they haven't been playing that bad... you see EVERYTHING as Hitchcock's fault. all of last year you screamed for them to give more time to the rookies and young kids on this team... they're getting the time right now and THEY AREN'T GETTING IT DONE. we would be sitting at 4-1 right now if we were getting scoring from Carter, Umberger, Calder, and Richards.

that's what's going on here.

if we're 10 games under after 20 games, i'm not getting rid of Hitch. the job he did last year with all of those injuries was unbelievable... he has a team this year that's success is founded on the necessity of young players to be consistently good for him... they have yet to get going, despite having plenty of chances to.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 06:21 AM
vcx*

OH NO! It's the 4game mark...it's do or die time for the flyers...jeez relax. There are some new guys on the squad and that takes some time to develop chemistry again. Look at Vancouver and some other teams, where they added more than a few fresh faces...they start strong or poorly, but they will find chemistry with the line-ups soon enough.

Only thing i think is brutal about the flyers is Esche...yikes.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 06:23 AM
vcx*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kz View Post

Wait till the 20-25ish game mark. Thats about the time if a team isn't pulling it together, changes need to be made soon so the team has time to get used to the new changes for the better.

10-15 games is an ok indicator, but i usually wait till 20 or 25 games and then look at the teams i like and how the players are doing, their stats etc...if they are doing bad, i'll hit the panic button.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote