HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 7/3) *Part IV*

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2013, 11:35 AM
Kherron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
I think Hrivik has a good shot at making it if he plays well. He only has Hagelin, Kreider and maybe MZA ahead of him. Other than that, it's guys like Powe, Pyatt and Asham that he has to deal with, but those can be Black Aces.

At RW, Fast and Thomas have to deal with Nash, Cally, Dorsett and probably Miller. That's 6 players who need real ice time and cannot be watching as Black Aces.
How good is Hrivik defensively and how well does he skate?

Old
06-16-2013, 11:37 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kherron View Post
How good is Hrivik defensively and how well does he skate?
Good and decent

Old
06-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Lindberg Cheese

I like miller and lindberg alot but i dont know if we should go to camp with them penciled in as 3C. Boyle in my mind is a great 4C and ok 3C. Id like the bring in a Marty Reasoner type playeron a non-contract situation and between those 4, we'll get what we need i think even if it takes 20 games into the season.

Old
06-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Lindberg Cheese

If MCI = Beuk for a career then thats just fine with me. I think you draft a guy like that regardless of "cup windows". I think we can expect him toplay in HFD buthave a 5 game cup of coffee due to an injury. His real value will come in 2014, glad Beuk ishis coach and i hope the organization hires Sauer for a role.

Old
06-18-2013, 11:46 PM
end2endrush

I think some of you are a little too high on Kreider. Sure I dont think he was given much of a chance but I dont think he has that 'wow' factor to his game. I think he eventually could have the skillset of a Milan Lucic but hes not mean or physical enough to be as effective as a Lucic. I think in 5 years, if we still have both of them, you will see Miller outscoring Kreider. I think you guys pump CK tires way to much, I just dont see it

Old
06-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by end2endrush View Post
I think some of you are a little too high on Kreider. Sure I dont think he was given much of a chance but I dont think he has that 'wow' factor to his game. I think he eventually could have the skillset of a Milan Lucic but hes not mean or physical enough to be as effective as a Lucic. I think in 5 years, if we still have both of them, you will see Miller outscoring Kreider. I think you guys pump CK tires way to much, I just dont see it
he's not physical or mean, so he can't remotely become close to Lucic.

Old
06-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I agree with you there. Kreider will never be like Lucic.

Old
06-19-2013, 05:24 AM
Dactyl

im not saying he will be lucic but he can throw some pretty good hits and something about him agitates opponents. if you watched the games that he got 15+ minutes, there was always someone (usually a star or key player) who looked like they wanted to kill him.

Old
06-19-2013, 05:59 AM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
im not saying he will be lucic but he can throw some pretty good hits and something about him agitates opponents. if you watched the games that he got 15+ minutes, there was always someone (usually a star or key player) who looked like they wanted to kill him.
True. He seems like a agitator at times, I'm not sure about the physical part. He uses his body size from time to time, but some games he's looking really soft. Maybe it's part of the growing process and hopefully he can become something more of a power forward.

Old
06-19-2013, 07:29 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Agree he's not mean but you may want to ask Dennis Seidenberg if he's physical. He buried the Bruins defenseman three times on one shift. The key is to get that more consistently. His skating and shot are better than Lucic. I don't need him to become Lucic. A fully developed CK will be just fine, but he needs to play to develop. Hopefully the next coach has a clue and gets him the ice time he needs to get better.

Old
06-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Agree he's not mean but you may want to ask Dennis Seidenberg if he's physical. He buried the Bruins defenseman three times on one shift. The key is to get that more consistently. His skating and shot are better than Lucic. I don't need him to become Lucic. A fully developed CK will be just fine, but he needs to play to develop. Hopefully the next coach has a clue and gets him the ice time he needs to get better.
And maybe this time Kreider uses his ice time to prove that he's NHL material. Enough with the poor Kreider mentality. He wasn't ready this season and had a hard time to adapt, growing pain or whatever; hopefully he is better prepared after a full pre-season.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Blind squirrels find nuts. He plays very soft game for a PWF type. IMO a 1dimensional scorer right now who isn't that great at that dimension yet. He should be in the AHL for a full season before evaluation. Why does Kreider deserve more ice time exactly? He's shown nothing to deserve it. Spoon feeding young players who've struggled makes the team a lot worse. I've seen some absurd suggestions of Torts being at fault for not giving him 15-20 mpg. Look at Galchenyuk and Yakupov's ice time totals, both vastly superior prospects.

You said it perfectly in your last statement. He needs to be better to get that ice time.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Badko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
And maybe this time Kreider uses his ice time to prove that he's NHL material. Enough with the poor Kreider mentality. He wasn't ready this season and had a hard time to adapt, growing pain or whatever; hopefully he is better prepared after a full pre-season.
My theory...Kreider was afraid to go all out with the physicality for fear of drawing a penalty that just might cost him time in Tort's doghouse. He's still trying to earn his role on this team. He'll find himself and become a solid NHL'er.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badko View Post
My theory...Kreider was afraid to go all out with the physicality for fear of drawing a penalty that just might cost him time in Tort's doghouse. He's still trying to earn his role on this team. He'll find himself and become a solid NHL'er.
Then Kreider has a mental problem that needs to be corrected. Granted, I actually think all of his issues ARE in his head, so that would make sense.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:24 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
I agree with you there. Kreider will never be like Lucic.
I would love to see him become Blake Wheeler.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:36 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Then Kreider has a mental problem that needs to be corrected. Granted, I actually think all of his issues ARE in his head, so that would make sense.
Kreider has taken a lot of penalties at lower levels. His last year of college, he took 36 minors in 44 games. Of the 36 penalties, 4 were for hitting after the whistle, 4 for boarding, 3 for roughing and 1 for hitting from behind. Another 11 were for tripping (5 in one game lol). How many of those were called because he bumped a smaller player and the player fell down?

I think he's a little gun-shy, so to speak, and playing for Torts probably didn't help in that regard. But I think his hitting will pick up more as he gets more comfortable.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:37 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Kreider has taken a lot of penalties at lower levels. His last year of college, he took 36 minors in 44 games. Of the 36 penalties, 4 were for hitting after the whistle, 4 for boarding, 3 for roughing and 1 for hitting from behind. Another 11 were for tripping (5 in one game lol). How many of those were called because he bumped a smaller player and the player fell down?

I think he's a little gun-shy, so to speak, and playing for Torts probably didn't help in that regard. But I think his hitting will pick up more as he gets more comfortable.
Wat. That's insane.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
06-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
I would love to see him become Blake Wheeler.
I'd start with him earning consistent minutes. I think he has a good potential, but he needs to start showing it ... baby steps.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:25 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Fogarty, who described himself a two-way center with “strong hockey instincts,” said his freshman season was an “adjustment,” and that he hopes to develop a more consistent game has he continues to mature.

“I wanted to make a bigger impact as a freshman,” Fogarty said. “The coaching staff gave me the opportunity to play in every game. I took advantage of it in some games but in others I was inconsistent. I think I learned a whole bunch and developed as a player. I just can’t wait until next season. I have so much motivation to have a better year.”
http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/36...8#.UcIEWhbvy8o

Old
06-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
An "adjustment" is a good way of putting it. Let's hope he comes out and ups his play. He needs to.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindberg Cheese View Post
I like miller and lindberg alot but i dont know if we should go to camp with them penciled in as 3C. Boyle in my mind is a great 4C and ok 3C. Id like the bring in a Marty Reasoner type playeron a non-contract situation and between those 4, we'll get what we need i think even if it takes 20 games into the season.
Not a bad idea.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

I'm anxious to see what Fogarty can do in a more significant role. Since we've drafted him he's landed in two situations where he's been maneuvered into a more defensive role. With the departure of Lee, he should see more time in all situations.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:50 PM
chosen

Quote:
Why do you think he has a better shot than Lucic?

Old
06-19-2013, 09:12 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Why do you think he has a better shot than Lucic?
He does. Lucic isn't really a shooter, he's one the best net front/rebound players in the league. He's got a heavy shot, a lot it being due to his size/strength, but his release is very slow.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:34 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
He does. Lucic isn't really a shooter, he's one the best net front/rebound players in the league. He's got a heavy shot, a lot it being due to his size/strength, but his release is very slow.
So the point is that Kreider has a better shot from a distance?

A heavy shot is a great thing to have, and the fact that Lucic has this because of his size is a plus, not something to discount in value.

Lucic is a very rare combination of skill and size and toughness and I don't think his release is slow. He is also very nimble for a guy of his size.

He does not have hands of lightning, but slow he ain't. His reactions on the puck are excellent.

So far, to me, Kreider doesn't seem to have that much hockey sense. Great skater and strength, so he will be a solid NHL player. He might become more, but who knows.

Closed Thread