HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumors and Speculation Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Jtown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthorne View Post
^ It could. Letang is friends with a few Flyers, and has stated that even given the bad relationship between the teams that he thinks the Flyers are good guys. After all, Max Talbot came here. Money talks...
hmmm.... The rivalry would only intensify. Id do it.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:29 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I would probably do...

Read + Coburn + 11th

for

Ryan + Sbisa
I think I pull the trigger as well.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:31 AM
Blaaah
McDavid pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I would probably do...

Read + Coburn + 11th

for

Ryan + Sbisa
According to ducks fans, that wouldn't even get us Ryan.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:55 AM
PhilaFlyers

Keep the 11th.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:56 AM
LetsGoFlyers1825

I really want Ryan, but I think this 11th overall is going to be way more important to our team 5 years from now (If we pick a defenseman) than Ryan would be.

Last edited by LetsGoFlyers1825: 06-19-2013 at 01:11 AM.
Old
06-19-2013, 01:06 AM
hockeyfreak7

I've supported Holmgren through a lot, but if he goes big on Ryan, I think that would be my last straw. I like Ryan a lot, but he's not worth the cost through trade. We can get a lot more value with Coburn staying and using that pick to solidify our prospect pool then pursuing Ryder in UFA. Even if we have to pay a hefty sum to land him, it would make more sense to do that then ship away assets for Ryan.

Sign Ryder, maybe deal Read for Bernier, and I like the look of the team going forward.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:12 AM
MP92
S.R.

Man, some Kings fans are going to go off the deep end when they find out what they'll get for Bernier. They are really overvaluing him. The sensible ones seem to be happy with Read. Others think they can get a guy like Couts, Yakupov ect.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:17 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
I've supported Holmgren through a lot, but if he goes big on Ryan, I think that would be my last straw. I like Ryan a lot, but he's not worth the cost through trade. We can get a lot more value with Coburn staying and using that pick to solidify our prospect pool then pursuing Ryder in UFA. Even if we have to pay a hefty sum to land him, it would make more sense to do that then ship away assets for Ryan.

Sign Ryder, maybe deal Read for Bernier, and I like the look of the team going forward.
I honestly don't care about Bobby Ryan. I like him but we have other needs right now. I wouldn't care if this was our last legit chance to acquire him and we shied away.

I still don't think it will be much of difference until both Snider and Homer are gone if you just cut one of them. IMO Homer feeds off Snider's win at all cost attitude.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:21 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Man, some Kings fans are going to go off the deep end when they find out what they'll get for Bernier. They are really overvaluing him. The sensible ones seem to be happy with Read. Others think they can get a guy like Couts, Yakupov ect.
It happens every time a guy is close to getting shipped out. I remember Sharks fans thinking they were going to get Stepan or Krieder and 1st for Clowe at the deadline.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:27 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

not sure if I am crazy about signing Ryder. Would rather resign Gagne on a shorter cheaper deal.
Timmy P. always comes up with the beauts now we arent going to amnesty Bryz and we are trading Coburn and our first for Bobby Ryan. wow

Old
06-19-2013, 01:32 AM
MP92
S.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
It happens every time a guy is close to getting shipped out. I remember Sharks fans thinking they were going to get Stepan or Krieder and 1st for Clowe at the deadline.
I understand they want to get the most they can for him, but at the same time they seem kind of delusional. A lot of them are underrating Read. He's the more proven player. I've always said Read alone for Bernier is fair. If I were Homer, and I had to, I might even add a 3rd or 4th just to seal the deal. Personally, I'd feel that's slight overpayment from us but that is the absolute furthest I'd go.

EDIT: I really dont see them getting a better deal than that from any team.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:35 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Red Wing Fan coming in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Detroit can't bring 3 players back according to tsn

"Holland acknowledged he won't be able to keep all of the team's key players from last season, including free agents Daniel Cleary, Damien Brunner and Valtteri Filppula."

So think we target one of these?
Who says that Detroit cant bring back 3 players? Detroit cant bring back all 3 players no but Detroit plans on resigning both Cleary and Brunner according to MacKenzie Filppula wants $5.5 million over 7 or 8 years no teams out there are going to give Filppula that much money You need to change your wording, It should say that Detroit cant afford to bring back all 3 players. Not that Detroit cant bring back 3 players.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:36 AM
MP92
S.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
not sure if I am crazy about signing Ryder. Would rather resign Gagne on a shorter cheaper deal.
Timmy P. always comes up with the beauts now we arent going to amnesty Bryz and we are trading Coburn and our first for Bobby Ryan. wow
That's ok. Did you see what Carchidi said earlier? He asked if we'd do Couts and the 11th for Bernier. Between him, T.P. and Randy Miller, you have to wonder how these guys have jobs.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:46 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
That's ok. Did you see what Carchidi said earlier? He asked if we'd do Couts and the 11th for Bernier. Between him, T.P. and Randy Miller, you have to wonder how these guys have jobs.
lol
missed that. I am not shocked anyway. bunch of freakin brain surgeons in that group.

Old
06-19-2013, 06:24 AM
Psuhockey

I think fair deal for Ryan is Coburn + 11th for Ryan + 26th. Ryan is a nice player but is a bit overhyped by his past draft status. He is on par with Patrick Sharp, a good supporting player but not a superstar. Moving up from 26 to 11 is worth a bit and Coburn, despite what a few Flyers fans thinks of him, is a top 4 defender on a reasonable contract still in his 20's who can eat 20+ minutes a night. He would have easily been the top available defender if he was a UFA this year and the 2nd best free again last year if he didn't sign that contract. You have to overpay for defensemen, like most Flyers fans already know.

Old
06-19-2013, 07:23 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
I think fair deal for Ryan is Coburn + 11th for Ryan + 26th. Ryan is a nice player but is a bit overhyped by his past draft status. He is on par with Patrick Sharp, a good supporting player but not a superstar. Moving up from 26 to 11 is worth a bit and Coburn, despite what a few Flyers fans thinks of him, is a top 4 defender on a reasonable contract still in his 20's who can eat 20+ minutes a night. He would have easily been the top available defender if he was a UFA this year and the 2nd best free again last year if he didn't sign that contract. You have to overpay for defensemen, like most Flyers fans already know.
Ryan has scored 30+ goals the past 4 straight full seasons. He'd look great on Giroux's wing

Old
06-19-2013, 08:05 AM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Quick, who is the best orange haired RFA/UFA coming up? Put him on the top line.

EDIT: I wonder if GMs use capgeek or their own system.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Curufinwe

Quote:
That would make sense if Mezaros was healthy and going to be here long term. But since that isn't the case, trading the defenseman who plays the most minutes for a forward is nuts.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:10 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Really? Would you trade Voracek and #26 for Read, Coburn, and #11?

Old
06-19-2013, 08:16 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

So, I talked to said friend again this morning (was at Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers last night) and was informed that it was the Flyers who held up the potential deal with the Kings as Holmgren wanted one more piece if he was going to give up Read, Coburn and the draft pick. Lombardi felt he put together a great package as the Flyers would be getting back a defenseman who is on his way to becoming a great first pairing defender, a goaltender who is about to break through and a young defenseman who will be a top four player for years. Holmgren told Lombardi that he's giving up a forward who can play in the top six, an already established top four defenseman and a fairly high draft pick in the top third of the draft and that should warrant something else. I wasn't told what the something else was, but when the talks broke down, that's when Lombardi got the Voyonov deal signed (and it was Hextall that actually negotiated the deal while the talks with the Flyers were going on). Once again, just the messenger here.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:23 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
So, I talked to said friend again this morning (was at Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers last night) and was informed that it was the Flyers who held up the potential deal with the Kings as Holmgren wanted one more piece if he was going to give up Read, Coburn and the draft pick. Lombardi felt he put together a great package as the Flyers would be getting back a defenseman who is on his way to becoming a great first pairing defender, a goaltender who is about to break through and a young defenseman who will be a top four player for years. Holmgren told Lombardi that he's giving up a forward who can play in the top six, an already established top four defenseman and a fairly high draft pick in the top third of the draft and that should warrant something else. I wasn't told what the something else was, but when the talks broke down, that's when Lombardi got the Voyonov deal signed (and it was Hextall that actually negotiated the deal while the talks with the Flyers were going on). Once again, just the messenger here.
So was Voynov going to be part of the deal? I think I would have done it. Read, Coburn, and 11 for Bernier, Voynov and another defender? Damn.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:26 AM
Krishna

RIP flyers' future

Old
06-19-2013, 08:31 AM
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
So was Voynov going to be part of the deal? I think I would have done it. Read, Coburn, and 11 for Bernier, Voynov and another defender? Damn.
Not sure how you walk away from that one. If that's true then they truly don't give a flying **** about defense.

edit: the other defenseman was supposedly Forbert.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:33 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Homer walked away from that? If true what a clown.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:33 AM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I would have done it too.

But...I'm kinda glad Homers playing hard-ball and only getting a little done/challenging the opposition as opposed to playing easy ball and potentially screwing up the team.

I think Homer REALLY likes Read and is being heavily pressed to keep our 11th though by others in front office so I can see why he walked.

Closed Thread