HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Slava Voynov extended by the Kings. 6 years 25 million. 4.16 cap hit

Good deal for the Kings, I like Voynov a lot
It's a whole pile of money for a guy with 45 career NHL points. It's in part the Bickell effect with his playoff numbers.

I'm guessing Diaz will be in line for a sizeable raise.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:30 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Voynov brings a lot more value than his numbers. I'd be surprised if there were any Kings fans unhappy with that contract.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Voynov brings a lot more value than his numbers. I'd be surprised if there were any Kings fans unhappy with that contract.
Like what? He's an offensive defenseman, his numbers are his primary contribution.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:55 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Like what? He's an offensive defenseman, his numbers are his primary contribution.
Maybe once upon a time, but I think he's evolved into a very solid two-way guy. He plays a pretty complete game.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Maybe once upon a time, but I think he's evolved into a very solid two-way guy. He plays a pretty complete game.
That's like Justin Faulk who's going to get around the same now.

Considering this, Subban is going to get paid like a champ.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
That's like Justin Faulk who's going to get around the same now.

Considering this, Subban is going to get paid like a champ.
Subban will get Karlsson money 6-7-8 years at 6.5 mil.

Old
06-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Slava Voynov extended by the Kings. 6 years 25 million. 4.16 cap hit

Good deal for the Kings, I like Voynov a lot
Great deal for the Kings IMHO. It's such totally different situations, but kinda criminal that Streit got so much more. Voynov is easily superior as of now, and will only widen the gap.

I wonder if Subban would have taken 6 years at 25 mi.... nah, never mind. Water under The Bridge, hey?

Old
06-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Great deal for the Kings IMHO. It's such totally different situations, but kinda criminal that Streit got so much more. Voynov is easily superior as of now, and will only widen the gap.

I wonder if Subban would have taken 6 years at 25 mi.... nah, never mind. Water under The Bridge, hey?
I think people are overrating him based on his playoffs plus he gets insulted minutes behind Doughty-Scuderi with Regehr.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
My post proves that maybe Kelly doesn't matter as much as you'e thinking. How many games Kelly has showed up in these playoffs? Or Peverley?

People (I'm not putting you in the word "people", maybe you were one of them, I don't know) were mad because Gauthier gave the Panthers a 2nd round-pick for Dominic Moore but just because it's Boston and they are on their way for a 2nd Stanley Cup in 3 years, it's okay.
Tell me you are not serious. Kelly has done a great job defensively for them. So much that they've re-signed him. And YES, I was one of them. We got Moore for half of a season for the same draft pick. Kelly has played a key defensive role in their Cup and in the one coming. And you don't see the difference? Again, the only thing you proved is that there are emotional people, and to some degree there are a few who doesn't know what they are talking about. But let's put the majority on emotion....it doesn't make them more right than the people in place who PROVED that they are amongst the best in the business, as the management in Boston did.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:54 PM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
I think people are overrating him based on his playoffs plus he gets insulted minutes behind Doughty-Scuderi with Regehr.

Too bad he doesn't fight considering how much he gets insulted.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:09 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
It's a whole pile of money for a guy with 45 career NHL points. It's in part the Bickell effect with his playoff numbers.

I'm guessing Diaz will be in line for a sizeable raise.
What do you mean? If playoffs numbers are the key to Voynov's raise...shouldn't Diaz be effective in the playoffs to get a significant raise?

Old
06-18-2013, 08:10 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What do you mean? If playoffs numbers are the key to Voynov's raise...shouldn't Diaz be effective in the playoffs to get a significant raise?
Monctonscout is a puzzling man.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:19 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

So he gets paid like a good relatively young #3, and it's too much?

Old
06-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Dan Roche
@RochesRWinners

Coburn & 11th pick in the draft for Bobby Ryan? The Flyers are talking trade with Anaheim according to @tpanotchCSN *******/13RqNQG

Old
06-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
It overinflates a player's value based on a small amount of date, just like some on here crapping on Diaz and Gorges for the playoffs. If the habs were only looking at playoffs they'd be buying out Prrice.

Old
06-18-2013, 09:45 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

the wings re-signing the wizard for *ouch* cap hit. nice

Old
06-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Et le But

The Wings do have a good track record of their players looking ageless, but they really better hope that continues.

Old
06-18-2013, 10:37 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Galchenyuk-Eller-Briere

Old
06-18-2013, 10:52 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Dan Roche
@RochesRWinners

Coburn & 11th pick in the draft for Bobby Ryan? The Flyers are talking trade with Anaheim according to @tpanotchCSN *******/13RqNQG
Exactly what the Flyers need, to get rid of a defenceman for more offence. How is Holmgren employed?

Old
06-18-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Galchenyuk-Eller-Briere
Yes, that will scare our division rivals. Lets put him on another line:

Gionta DD Briere

Tough eh?

Old
06-18-2013, 11:38 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Galchenyuk-Eller-Briere
And miss the opportunity for the Desharnais-Briere-Gionta dream line?

Old
06-19-2013, 12:37 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Exactly what the Flyers need, to get rid of a defenceman for more offence. How is Holmgren employed?
Really? He's had more success than any GM here is his tenure.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:28 AM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Tell me you are not serious. Kelly has done a great job defensively for them. So much that they've re-signed him. And YES, I was one of them. We got Moore for half of a season for the same draft pick. Kelly has played a key defensive role in their Cup and in the one coming. And you don't see the difference? Again, the only thing you proved is that there are emotional people, and to some degree there are a few who doesn't know what they are talking about. But let's put the majority on emotion....it doesn't make them more right than the people in place who PROVED that they are amongst the best in the business, as the management in Boston did.
This year? We're talking about this year. Really, are you serious that he has done a great job defensively? I've watched many Bruins games during these playoffs and Kelly & Peverley are ****ing awful for Boston right now. Kelly has played a key defensive role in their Cup two years ago, you're right. But Kelly has been so great since his extension that there might be a chance he will be buy out.

You were one of them? Sad. Even if Moore was here for half a season, he was a key player during the playoffs.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:37 AM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Really? He's had more success than any GM here is his tenure.
What success? 1 Conference finals, one 1st-round exit, 1 Stanley Cup Finals, swept by the Bruins in 2011 in the 2nd round, 2nd round last year and they missed the playoffs this year.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:55 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
This year? We're talking about this year. Really, are you serious that he has done a great job defensively? I've watched many Bruins games during these playoffs and Kelly & Peverley are ****ing awful for Boston right now. Kelly has played a key defensive role in their Cup two years ago, you're right. But Kelly has been so great since his extension that there might be a chance he will be buy out.

You were one of them? Sad. Even if Moore was here for half a season, he was a key player during the playoffs.
Based on what? A thread by some angry fans? Okay, so there's also a chance that Price is traded, that Markov is bought out and that Gionta is the worst hockey player in the planet. Come on. He had a tougher offensive season THIS YEAR. 1 year but then there's serious talks of being bought out? Julien just talked that one of his biggest regret was to not have tried Seguin with Kelly and Paille sooner....and you think that wil mean he's out at the end of the year? Oh and in that that thread I also see people wanting to ship out Horton and Lucic. And I haven't read all that threads. But I also surely saw 1000 threads on the same very Bruins board that wanted Julien and Chiarelli out as well. So again, does that make them realistic threads? Nope, it's called emotional ones based on actual play that makes sense as a board like this also exist to vent. But in no way do they always express what HAS to be done.

As far as Moore is concerned...who cares. The guy was Such a key player that we decided to not re-sign him. We have a 2nd rounder, a key pick based on the fact that Timmins is one of the best out there, for half of a season and playoffs a guy that was so good to us that he didn't deserved the 2.2 for 2 years he got in TBay? Come on, makes no sense. There has to be a bad move here. Whether it's throw a 2nd rounder for a guy that isn't worth that....whether it was to not keep him after if he was so great. Bad trade.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 06-19-2013 at 02:12 AM.
Closed Thread