HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Agree to Terms with Chorney

Old
06-18-2013, 05:29 PM
BigB
We Want Big Macs!

vCash: 50

Defenseman Taylor Chorney has agreed to a one-year, two-way contract

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?i...edium=facebook

BigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 05:31 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Guess Shatty is gone now. No need for him with Chorney's puck moving ability.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:30 PM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Yeah luckily Philadelphia will offer us something good like Meszaros + a 4th, or just offer sheet him to get him off our hands.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:55 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Well, at least Armstrong is doing something.

Oberyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:58 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Are we even going to have enough spots in Chicago for our prospects and their own guys.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:02 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Are we even going to have enough spots in Chicago for our prospects and their own guys.
Yes, there is a requirement that a certain amount of players have to be property of the NHL affiliate. I think the actual requirement limits the amount of AHL only guys, but it accomplishes the same thing.

Old
06-18-2013, 08:34 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Quote:
Thank god, I mean Shatty is no Justin Schultz.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:40 PM
intangible

vCash: 139
Guess when your club doesn't have anything else going on, anything gets a press release.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
Why??

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:48 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by your jaskin too much View Post
Why??
Because he can play in the AHL and is a call-up option? You need depth sir.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:29 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
Well, at least Armstrong is doing something.
Ah come on now, ill admit its my bday and im drunk right now but i feel like i can say in confidence if you think Army isnt in negotiations with Petro and Shatty right now your an idiot

SirPaste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:30 AM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
Ah come on now, ill admit its my bday and im drunk right now but i feel like i can say in confidence if you think Army isnt in negotiations with Petro and Shatty right now your an idiot
No, I do believe Armstrong is in negotiations with the two, but until he actually gets them signed (along with Stewart and Berglund), he hasn't done anything.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:55 AM
intangible

vCash: 139
Honestly, that's a ridiculous assertion. No doubt he's working hard to resign them, prepare for the draft, maybe trying to work a trade or two to get us a good draft pick and clear up the problems in net.

intangible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:14 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

I seriously doubt Armstrong has just been twiddling his thumbs expecting the solutions will just fall in his lap. I feel like Blues fans always act like this because he is a patient GM, but in my opinion, Armstrong has never let us down. He has made moves to fix many of the problems that he inherited.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:11 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
No, I do believe Armstrong is in negotiations with the two, but until he actually gets them signed (along with Stewart and Berglund), he hasn't done anything.
You give me the impression you've never negotiated a contract before (like in personal employment or on behalf of your business). Its a process. There won't be anything said about it publicly until they're nearly done and agreed to the terms. But to say that is "not doing anything" disrespects Armstrong's role (one which he's shown he's very adept at in recent years).

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
You give me the impression you've never negotiated a contract before (like in personal employment or on behalf of your business). Its a process. There won't be anything said about it publicly until they're nearly done and agreed to the terms. But to say that is "not doing anything" disrespects Armstrong's role (one which he's shown he's very adept at in recent years).
I agree that it's a process, but until the signatures are on the paper nothing has been done in my eyes. That's just how I am, I want to see results. Are negotiations currently ongoing? I don't doubt it at all, but the reality is that our RFA's haven't been signed and July 5 is creeping up on us. Compare it to hockey, if a player dekes by every defender but doesn't manage to score, did he really do anything? No, he didn't register anything on the score sheet which is ultimately what matters. I will reiterate that I have complete faith in Armstrong, but I'm the type of guy that likes to see things set in stone.

Say, by chance, that Shattenkirk doesn't get signed and come July a team offer sheets him at 6.5 mil. We most likely will not match it and despite the compensation of picks, we lose a key cog in our defense making us a worse team for next season. Sure, Armstrong tried to sign him during the negotiation phase, but in the end he didn't. Should we commend Armstrong for negotiating with him? No, because at the end of the day, his attempts to sign Shattenkirk didn't succeed.

Again, people think I'm saying that Armstrong has just been sitting around watching Sportscenter all day, It's pretty clear to me that my definition of "doing something" is different than the rest of you. I prefer to see results, that's just my opinion. I'm not bashing Armstrong, I know he's the type of GM that handles his affairs patiently, but that's not going to change my viewpoint. People give Armstrong the benefit of the doubt due to his history, and I completely understand where you guys are coming from. My brain isn't wired that way. As far as I'm concerned, until Armstrong makes it public that our RFA's have been signed, he hasn't done anything in my eyes. You guys can argue with me all you want, you're not going to change how my brain works.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:38 PM
Rizzo90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLTEJQJqGik

Rizzo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
Quote:
I agree that it's a process, but until the signatures are on the paper nothing has been done in my eyes. That's just how I am, I want to see results. Are negotiations currently ongoing? I don't doubt it at all, but the reality is that our RFA's haven't been signed and July 5 is creeping up on us. Compare it to hockey, if a player dekes by every defender but doesn't manage to score, did he really do anything? No, he didn't register anything on the score sheet which is ultimately what matters. I will reiterate that I have complete faith in Armstrong, but I'm the type of guy that likes to see things set in stone.

Say, by chance, that Shattenkirk doesn't get signed and come July a team offer sheets him at 6.5 mil. We most likely will not match it and despite the compensation of picks, we lose a key cog in our defense making us a worse team for next season. Sure, Armstrong tried to sign him during the negotiation phase, but in the end he didn't. Should we commend Armstrong for negotiating with him? No, because at the end of the day, his attempts to sign Shattenkirk didn't succeed.

Again, people think I'm saying that Armstrong has just been sitting around watching Sportscenter all day, It's pretty clear to me that my definition of "doing something" is different than the rest of you. I prefer to see results, that's just my opinion. I'm not bashing Armstrong, I know he's the type of GM that handles his affairs patiently, but that's not going to change my viewpoint. People give Armstrong the benefit of the doubt due to his history, and I completely understand where you guys are coming from. My brain isn't wired that way. As far as I'm concerned, until Armstrong makes it public that our RFA's have been signed, he hasn't done anything in my eyes. You guys can argue with me all you want, you're not going to change how my brain works.
Been saying that for months, trust me, it makes no difference.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 04:30 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

I just wouldn't be surprised if Armstrong has been working on trades during this time. I'll hold my judgement until everything is settled.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:48 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
I seriously doubt Armstrong has just been twiddling his thumbs expecting the solutions will just fall in his lap. I feel like Blues fans always act like this because he is a patient GM, but in my opinion, Armstrong has never let us down. He has made moves to fix many of the problems that he inherited.
Yep, Armstrong is awesome. I have full confidence in him no matter what it is - from great negotiation skills, smart trades, smart free agent signings, good drafting, etc.

Old
06-21-2013, 03:20 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
Yep, Armstrong is awesome. I have full confidence in him no matter what it is - from great negotiation skills, smart trades, smart free agent signings, good drafting, etc.
Spot on, thank you.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote