HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) VI

Closed Thread

Old
06-18-2013, 09:54 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 4m
#Habs Trevor Timmins has stated on the record that Coughlin is his sleeper in the upcoming draft.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/touch...tml?id=8484420
TT = sly fox....
With the first overall pick Colorado Avs proud to select ...(Cough) Coughlin

Old
06-18-2013, 09:55 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
Fun draft becomes more interesting. Okay, what is Kristo worth to the Flames in terms of a pick ? We go from 25 to 22, do we get 28, do we get 22 by throwing in a 2nd ?
Definitely not moving Kristo only to move up.

Old
06-18-2013, 09:56 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

i want this

https://twitter.com/ClutterStache

Quote:
Clutterbuck's Stache ‏@ClutterStache 2 Nov 11

I think the country I most closely resemble is Japan. Maybe Cuba?

Old
06-18-2013, 10:05 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckyToGally View Post
I think that we would at least have to add DAL 2013 3rd round pick.
You are either under-valuing Kritso or over-valuing late first round picks.... Calgary should have to add more to that deal, not Montreal

Old
06-18-2013, 10:06 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckyToGally View Post
Definitely not moving Kristo only to move up.
Its Feaster, maybe we are doing Kristo and 25th for the 6th

Old
06-18-2013, 10:08 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
You are either under-valuing Kritso or over-valuing late first round picks.... Calgary should have to add more to that deal, not Montreal
Explain to me why Kristo, who hasn't played in the pro yet (I know he played a couple games at the end of the season), who was a late 2nd round pick, would suddenly be worth more than a late 1st round pick in a deep draft.

Old
06-18-2013, 10:16 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Its Feaster, maybe we are doing Kristo and 25th for the 6th
There was a rumour ( on Calgary Sportsnet radio) Feaster was trying to trade his 3 firsts for third overall.

He could have Knight and Kristo together and still have 3 firsts. The question is what else will we add to get the Flames own top pick.

Flames need everything. Maybe DD or Diaz?

Old
06-18-2013, 10:42 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
There was a rumour ( on Calgary Sportsnet radio) Feaster was trying to trade his 3 firsts for third overall.

He could have Knight and Kristo together and still have 3 firsts. The question is what else will we add to get the Flames own top pick.

Flames need everything. Maybe DD or Diaz?
I like Diaz, but no problem, they can have both, so Kristo, Diaz and DD and our 25th for 6th and its still

Old
06-18-2013, 11:02 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
I like Diaz, but no problem, they can have both, so Kristo, Diaz and DD and our 25th for 6th and its still
I'm aware it is not enough. But there is added value to having Kristo and Knight together and retaining 3 first rounders. And its Feaster. Flames are more than a little desperate.

So tell me, what is enough?

Old
06-18-2013, 11:16 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

While I shouldn't be surprised by now (I've been here too long), I'm still amazed to read how people overrate players and prospects that they've never seen play (or very little).

Clutterbuck? Holy smokes, stop the press! Let's give them Eller! Seriously folks, we're talking about a hitter yes, but he's far from the Prust category and he's undersized for his style of play. Injuries will catch up... sooner than later.

Kristo is the next Gretzky! Late second round pick who looked good playing as an overager in a league too weak for his skills' level last year! I sure hope he put some good numbers... not counting his two "leadership" incidents.

Feaster wants Kristo and something else for 6th overall in a deep draft? Damned right I'm doing it and I don't even think twice!

Last edited by Habsterix*: 06-18-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old
06-18-2013, 11:18 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Kristo is the only prospect with a reasonable chance to replace Gionta when his time is up in Montreal. He's all we have in the pipeline, so the chances of him being traded seem slim.

Old
06-18-2013, 11:28 PM
EveryDay

How about the 6th OV for Kristo 25th + 34th + 36th Would you do it?

And who would you draft at 6th?

Old
06-18-2013, 11:33 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post

Tough call but considering how deep the draft is, I'd pass.

Old
06-18-2013, 11:41 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
While I shouldn't be surprised by now (I've been here too long), I'm still amazed to read how people overrate players and prospects that they've never seen play (or very little).

Clutterbuck? Holy smokes, stop the press! Let's give them Eller! Seriously folks, we're talking about a hitter yes, but he's far from the Prust category and he's undersized for his style of play. Injuries will catch up... sooner than later.

Kristo is the next Gretzky! Late second round pick who looked good playing as an overager in a league too week for his skills' level last year! I sure hope he put some good numbers... not counting his two "leadership" incidents.

Feaster wants Kristo and something else for 6th overall in a deep draft? Damned right I'm doing it and I don't even think twice!
We don't know what Feaster wants. We have a quote from Knight and a discussion from insiders on Sportsnet radio.

We are making inferences and speculations. Some people may think Kristo for 28th is a good deal for one or both teams. The reasonable extension of the discussion is whether MB can add to move up.

Al I'm saying is Kristo added to Knight is more valuable than another random prospect. How valuable is what I'm asking.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:12 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
dude, i think your over-reacting a bit. i don't think anybody said to send eller that way for cal and if they did, i'd suggest they get the head checked. and finally, your last statement about injuries catching up is a bit of nonsense to be honest, it's like saying injuries will catch up to prust and yes, they are just about the same size

Quote:
Kristo is the next Gretzky! Late second round pick who looked good playing as an overager in a league too weak for his skills' level last year! I sure hope he put some good numbers... not counting his two "leadership" incidents.
kristo is the habs only true offensive prospect. nothing else, nothing more. you're in a mood today

Quote:
yes

bottom line is that clutterbuck is young, and is exactly what this team needs.

and the mustache

Old
06-19-2013, 12:16 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post

For lindholm or barkov, yes.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:21 AM
DAChampion

There is no harm in giving laraque a tryout.

That said, bergevin seems to have an affinity for smurfs.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:25 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post

Yeah no harm if the plan is to ice a comedy of errors.

I'd prefer if Bergevin gave a tryout to a bag of gravel.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:34 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
It's funny cause the deal can't be finalized until they have enough cap space. They have to wait till the buy out period opens lol!
Really? Is this part of the new CBA? Why do they have to wait till after buyouts. I thought teams in the NHL had to be cap compliant by the beginning of (or close to) the regular season?

Maybe this is something new...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Did Carey Price have a winning record in reg season this year???meaningless.

9 wins 17 loss playoffs...meaningful.

Im a Price fan....but No excuses..

How does a 26 year old Rask have a career 21 win 11loss record in playoffs?
Regular season games aren't meaningless, they're just less meaningful than playoff games.

The reason Rask has 21 wins and 11 losses in the playoffs is because he plays for the Boston Bruins, a Stanley Cup contender almost every year for the past few years now...

If Carey Price played for Boston, i'm sure he could have 20+ wins too. Besides wins are meaningless to me for a goalie. Show me his GAA and Save % (this year they're great, but other years, not so much)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Round one exits are a disgrace....
This is Montreal ,not Columbus

For me a round one exit is not makin playoffs,it's a joke.,This teams sucked so long,people got soft in the head,just accepting losing.

Horray we made round one.....and get beat out.....the record of 20 yrs.

Anyways,i expect big things this offseason....it's the first chance MB and staff get to put a stamp on this.
Man, you don't really know what your team is. We're the Montreal Canadiens. Mediocre for 20 years or so after trading away a franchise goaltender that has derailed the franchise due to acquiring nothing for him.

Many GMs incapable of managing our team properly is what will make our team just mediocre for years and nowhere near contenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap10bfl View Post
i would trade diaz for clutterbuck without hesitation
Me too. But we would need to sign a UFA D that can replace his production somehow...maybe a buyout will come that I can be happy with signing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
That would be a horrible trade. Let's throw in Galchenyuk while we're at it.
Why? Is Diaz that much better. Okay I think Minnesota should give us a 4th plus Clutterbuck for Diaz. Is that such a bad trade for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Diaz is not an impending anything. He's signed through next season at an excellent cap hit.
But he has barely proved himself as an in his prime NHL D

Quote:

He's a hitter, scores 10+ goals playing on a third line, and gets 20-30 points every year. Not good enough for bottom 6/top 9?

This post was such an exaggeration.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:38 AM
DAChampion

Old
06-19-2013, 03:41 AM
Belenos

Robert Mayer was released by Biel today, so he can stay in North America. He signed a contract with Biel in february and wanted to come home first but now seems to have an offer from Montreal.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:50 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
Robert Mayer was released by Biel today, so he can stay in North America. He signed a contract with Biel in february and wanted to come home first but now seems to have an offer from Montreal.
Awful news.

Old
06-19-2013, 05:16 AM
Draft

Clutterbuck, awesome, but getting a little overrated. I'd still absolutely love him on the team.

Kristo+anything for the 6th overall or even for #22.

I would do anything for 'kov, and I'd surely do that. Gets us once step closer to Drouin as well

Getting very excited for the draft and I have no problem moving Kristo, never been a fan.

Old
06-19-2013, 05:18 AM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Awful news.
If we play Mayer over Tokarski, I'll be so choked.

Old
06-19-2013, 05:42 AM
S Bah

Feaster needs immediate help that's young and the draft is also a big deal for the Flames. Bergevin has his sights on a center named Bo Horvat or Alex Wennberg, if he can get the 6th OV, Then he may go Lindholm, Nicushkin, Nurse, Zadorov but one thing that does is change the draft quickly.

The Habs have Kristo, an abundance of young defencemen, say Diaz, Thrower, and possibly Leblanc whose also played with Kristo and had success. Now that's a package of players well worth a 6th OV pick IMO. There would probably be a swap of some picks as well, but Feaster gets the Flames four NHL ready players.

What do you think about this trade?

Closed Thread