HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

My trip to Buffalo and Toronto

Old
10-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Simknows

vCash: 500
My trip to Buffalo and Toronto

I went to Buffalo and Toronto for the first two Habs games.
We were four friends and I just want to say Buffalo and the people there sucks and we had a lot of fun at Toronto. Here's the story :

First we arrived to Buffalo around 4pm and it takes us more than an hour to find a place to eat and drink. There nothing to do in Buffalo. No good restaurant no place to drink !!
Then we went to the arena and the people there we're very agressive toward us (we were wearing our habs jersey). We were cheering all game long for the habs and everybody were screaming at us. In the middle of the 3rd period a Buffalo ******* complain about us to the security. Guess what....they kicked us out of the building and we were not allowed to come close to the arena !!!! We were just cheering...we didn't insult anybody in fact we didin't respond to the people who insulted us. Outside I was surprised to the that we were not the only ones wearing habs jersey to be kicked out. Alot of habs fans has been kicked out to !!!

So we tried to find a place to see the end of the game and the only place to see the game was the tv on the wall of the arena. So we stayed there and guess what ( I STILL CAN'T BELEIVE IT!!!)*one of my friends has been arrested for disturbing the peace !!!!! Ya ya he's been handcuff and forced to go to the police station because we were to close of the arena !!!
It took me two hours of negociation with the police to get him out of there !!!!

Then we get out of Buffalo as fast as we can. Conclusion don't go to Buffalo !!!!

The day after we went to Toronto. We had so much fun there. The game was awsome and I was suprised to see that leafs fans were very friendly with us. I don't know if I should say that I now have friend who are leafs fans !!!!

Leafs still sucks !!!
go habs go !!!!

Simknows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 10:23 AM
VGTvidz

Hey dude, is your brother Carl? Because a guy in one of my class told me about his brother going to Buffalo and the samething happened to him.

VGTvidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Simknows

Ya that's my brother !!!

small world !!!!

Old
10-15-2006, 10:49 AM
KaptainKourage*

Must have been one of a heck of a trip.
And 1 win and a half !!
Briere still suck ! !
Sundin is kinda God though

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 10:53 AM
mt_mtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKourage View Post
Sundin is kinda God though
Sundin is kinda ''God''???? or did you mean ''good''???

does not mean the same thing!!!! hahahaha

mt_mtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 10:54 AM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_mtl View Post
Sundin is kinda ''God''???? or did you mean ''good''???

does not mean the same thing!!!! hahahaha
No. I really does mean God.

Old
10-15-2006, 11:33 AM
DicAnns

I have family who live just outside Buffalo (Williamsville), so I go there pretty often and it is indeed a very boring city.

Apparently the city is very badly managed and they're going through a huge financial crisis...
New York state actually put them under board control by Erie County to try and bring back financial responsibility.

I've never had any problem with the people though... people are usually very nice and comprehensive about my crappy French accent...

DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Simknows

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs73 View Post
I have family who live just outside Buffalo (Williamsville), so I go there pretty often and it is indeed a very boring city.

Apparently the city is very badly managed and they're going through a huge financial crisis...
New York state actually put them under board control by Erie County to try and bring back financial responsibility.

I've never had any problem with the people though... people are usually very nice and comprehensive about my crappy French accent...
The city is boring and the people too. The peoples are pogné en ostie !!!
There was no ambiance in the arena and it was their home opener. Even when the Sabres score a goal they are not screaming. Just an example but peoples in front of us were doing crossword during the game !!! I'm not kidding !!!
And they ask us to stop screaming go habs go !!!!

Crossword in a hockey game....only in Buffalo !!!!

Old
10-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 309
No wonder some of the Habs game in Buffalo last year looked like a home game for us

Cool story , sucks that you got problems...

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 12:12 PM
hockey_nut

i went to the buf/mtl game as well.... my girlfriend and I almost got kicked out too! it was brutal... the people behind us (habs fan) almost got kicked out too! the guy was like 60 years old too, wut was he gonna do?

buffalo fans are morons... not all, some were telling off their own fans tellign them to shut up and stop making american's look bad (that was pretty funny).

and ya, never stay in buffalo, it's horrible over there. there's 1 good place to go for wings (forgot what its called)... other than that, the town is crap

hockey_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 12:14 PM
hockey_nut

gotta say though... i've been to 5 buffalo games in the past 2 years... (4 habs games, 1 leafs game)... this was the first game where it looked like there was much more buffalo fans then the other team...

the toronto game i went to (i live in TO and all my buddies are leafs fans), there was more toronto fans... all the other Habs games, it was just about split, if not more hab fans there..

the home opener, the sabre fans only got loud when they started throwing stuff on the ice at the refs, then at the end of the game when it was over...

oh well, i'm going to all the other habs games in buffalo so i'll have to be even louder... and funny thing, i got tickets in montreal, only game i could get with decent seats was in january.. against...friggin buffalo!

hockey_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 05:13 PM
HabuseMoi

man, you should complain to the NHL and to the Buffalo abres administration. At least try...

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Simknows

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabuseMoi View Post
man, you should complain to the NHL and to the Buffalo abres administration. At least try...

I already called the Sabres customer service and they laugh at me. They said Habs and Leafs fans are always causing problems !!!

Old
10-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Habitants

oh man thats brutal!

me and my buddy drove down from toronto for a habs game last season/ it was CDN cash at par day, and i swear there were more habs fans than buffalo!

it was still early in the season, cardiac kids...begin scored the winner with less than 3 mins left. the place was going wild, that game was awsome. after the game all the ppl flood out ot the same spot, and all the habs fans were chanting and cheering. they kicked us out of the lobby, so then we continued in the street.
then the cops showed up and we started to disperse, but somehow they started beating on someone!
anyways, we got the heck outta there! damn ppl from buffalo is nuts. but it was a good game!

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
No. I really does mean God.
You are one of the greatest posters ever.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 06:35 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported Upstater View Post
You are one of the greatest posters ever.
w/ poor English though

Old
10-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Transported Upstater

Quote:
w/ poor English though
Anyone who praises Mats like that is OK in my book.

And your English is usually good enough to be understood. Would you want to see us Americans trying to speak another language? Then you'd see what poor second-language skills are.

Transported Upstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 06:48 PM
KaptainKourage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transported Upstater View Post
Anyone who praises Mats like that is OK in my book.

And your English is usually good enough to be understood. Would you want to see us Americans trying to speak another language? Then you'd see what poor second-language skills are.
That why I start this « Speak french, people ! » thread on zee lounge but they lock it

Old
10-16-2006, 01:26 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

What the hell are you people talking about? I go to every MON-BUF game, wear my Hab jersey, and every time I end up making a friend or two that's sitting or standing near me, and usually they're Sabres fans.
I never have a problem there, and the fans there can take it as well as they give it. I will admit that they aren't the most passionate bunch, and there are usually more Montreal fans than Buffalo fans, but what you might not understand is that buying a hockey ticket isn't a license to be an *******. I don't believe for a second that your treatment wasn't at all warranted. Everyone loves to tell a story that makes them out as a martyr. When you're out of country you represent Montreal fans and all Canadians, so don't be a f'in idiot.
The only thing that has ever rubbed me the wrong way was at the opener last week a bunch of idiots were running around the hall afterward with an American flag chanting "U.S.A! U.S.A!". It was annoying, but I just assumed they're ignorant and that made me smile.

Also, I show up at gametime and always can find free parking. Exaggeration is fun and all, but try to keep it within reason.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 02:00 AM
Schenn02

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut View Post
gotta say though... i've been to 5 buffalo games in the past 2 years... (4 habs games, 1 leafs game)... this was the first game where it looked like there was much more buffalo fans then the other team...

the toronto game i went to (i live in TO and all my buddies are leafs fans), there was more toronto fans... all the other Habs games, it was just about split, if not more hab fans there..

the home opener, the sabre fans only got loud when they started throwing stuff on the ice at the refs, then at the end of the game when it was over...

oh well, i'm going to all the other habs games in buffalo so i'll have to be even louder... and funny thing, i got tickets in montreal, only game i could get with decent seats was in january.. against...friggin buffalo!
How do you guys get tickets? I know the ACC is all suits and not that many go on sale to the public. Do you go to eBay and such? I've never been to a game but one day...just wondering...AT THE ACC. Man.

Schenn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 02:21 AM
ManuelCalavera
La-La-La-Locked Out

As a Sabres fan, I went to a game early last year when the Canadiens won. I was up in the cheap seats, so the Montreal fans up there were unbelievably drunk and obnoxious. There were a few nicer people (older couples mostly), but in general it was a terrible experience. When we made our way back to our car, there was a drunk Hab fan pissing on the side of our car. If anyone was kicked out, I assure you it is because of negative instances like this.

As for the city of Buffalo, it is a suburban entity. Downtown is unfortunately dilapidated, thanks to mismanagement and broken promises from people like the Sabres former owner, John Rigas (who now resides in a white-collar prison). Buffalo's charm can be found throughout the outlying areas, and the people are some of the nicest you can meet. Nevertheless, you should expect hostility from Buffalo fans in the arena thanks to experiences like mine above.

ManuelCalavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 02:46 AM
jordi

Some of these stories sound like wrong place wrong time scenarios, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was one or two innocent people kicked out for no reason.

jordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 04:00 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
We have ignorant fans too.

I have 2 stories..

2002 playoffs Montreal vs Boston (the Zednik inury game).
I was in molson ex and after the game a brawl broke ou in the hallway because a Hab fan didnt like the fact that we lost.

then that same year against Carolina in game 4 I was sitting in teh blue behind the Canes net. About 8 drunk Hab fans started picking on a Canes fan when it was 3-0. The Cane fan was taking such verbal abuse it was crazy. After about a half hour he went up to them and a fist fight insued. 1 vs 8. Needless to say the Canes fan took a beating. My 5 friends and I had an empty seat near us. Being good guys we invited him to sit with us and told him to forget about the idiots. We had about 6-7 beers with him and after the heart breaking loss, we went out with him to a bar and got piss drunk. So you see, dumb fans are everywhere, just as much as nice fans are everywhere.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simknows View Post
The city is boring and the people too. The peoples are pogné en ostie !!!
There was no ambiance in the arena and it was their home opener. Even when the Sabres score a goal they are not screaming. Just an example but peoples in front of us were doing crossword during the game !!! I'm not kidding !!!
And they ask us to stop screaming go habs go !!!!

Crossword in a hockey game....only in Buffalo !!!!

Wow sounds like Ottawa!!It's the same over there,the people are very boring and read the paper during the game.Thank God for that loud goal horn or it would be pretty pathetic

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Phousse

I went to a Habs game in Buffalo last February and the place felt like a home Habs game. I, going undercover as a civilian, didn't wear any jerseys. The people that did, however, did not get any yells or get kicked out or anything. I'd say the only annoying thing was this fat lady behind us saying "It's Miller time!" everytime Ryan Miller made a save. We get it! His last name's Miller and so is the name of a beer! Shut up!

That's the worst thing about that game. We won in overtime and all the Habs fans were cheering inside the building. Occasionally you'd hear a Sabres fan tell us "Shut up, it's the playoffs that matter!" but then someone would chime in to the top of his lungs "Hey, shut the **** up!" and there'd be a roar of laughter and even more of the Ole song.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote