HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kris Letang on the block?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2013, 10:18 AM
  #201
nazembiggs*
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 939
vCash: 500
Gardiner, Kulimen 2nd ?

nazembiggs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:19 AM
  #202
BowDangles
Registered User
 
BowDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,709
vCash: 500
So if its comparable to Staal's deal I would offer as an Oilers fan.

7th Overall
Petry
2nd or any prospect outside of kelfbom that is not in the NHL Pitt wants


I would only do this if Edmonton could talk to Letang first and make sure he will resign with them (not sure if allowed or not)

I would also hope that Pitt would prefer MPS or Marcinin+ instead of Petry..

BowDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:19 AM
  #203
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaudangles13 View Post
yes from pens fan
I realize it doesn't work this way, but if we could have permission to talk to him and see if he has interest signing here, I'd do that deal. So it depletes some of Ottawa's staggering prospect depth, so what? Letang and Karlsson on PP1 would be unreal, Letang on defence pairing 2 with Cowen would be a dream.

I hope we can do it - but I won't hold my breath.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:23 AM
  #204
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 68,713
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Zibanejad + 17th overall + Ceci + Puempel?
Ohh. That's a very tempting offer.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:24 AM
  #205
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Ohh. That's a very tempting offer.
I think Ottawa should be ALL IN on this. Would Pittsburgh let us talk with him first though?

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:27 AM
  #206
domaug*
Flahr Pahr
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Archbald, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I think Ottawa should be ALL IN on this. Would Pittsburgh let us talk with him first though?
if it helped them get a deal done, i dont see why not

domaug* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:31 AM
  #207
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 68,713
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I think Ottawa should be ALL IN on this. Would Pittsburgh let us talk with him first though?
It's probably one of the few deals that people have proposed on here that would work. I don't see why they wouldn't let them talk to him.

Depends how the meetings with his agent in Boston goes though really.

I really like that deal though, gives us a decent draft pick this year, a good prospect on D who will likely become a top 4, a good offensive prospect which we lack and a good young player whose showing his worth in Zibanejad.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:35 AM
  #208
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack
 
HarrisonFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazembiggs View Post
Gardiner, Kulimen 2nd ?
no. no. no, no, no, no.


WHY ARE WE TRADING A YOUNGER, LESS EXPENSIVE PMD, OUR 2ND BEST 2-WAY FORWARD, AND A 2ND IN A SALARY CAP THAT IS GOING DOWN FOR ONE WHO IS GOING TO WANT $6M+ FOR 7 YEARS?





Please stop

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:41 AM
  #209
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: bay area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonFord View Post
no. no. no, no, no, no.


WHY ARE WE TRADING A YOUNGER, LESS EXPENSIVE PMD, OUR 2ND BEST 2-WAY FORWARD, AND A 2ND IN A SALARY CAP THAT IS GOING DOWN FOR ONE WHO IS GOING TO WANT $6M+ FOR 7 YEARS?





Please stop
Because Letang is miles better than Gardiner. If you think that Toronto is getting the short hand of the stick with that deal, you're nuts.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:41 AM
  #210
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
It's probably one of the few deals that people have proposed on here that would work. I don't see why they wouldn't let them talk to him.

Depends how the meetings with his agent in Boston goes though really.

I really like that deal though, gives us a decent draft pick this year, a good prospect on D who will likely become a top 4, a good offensive prospect which we lack and a good young player whose showing his worth in Zibanejad.
Can someone shackle Murray and Shero together then so this gets done? I realize Ottawa's giving a lot here, but hot damn, Letang and Karlsson on the same blueline flanked by two young, big boys? Please.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:43 AM
  #211
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonFord View Post
no. no. no, no, no, no.


WHY ARE WE TRADING A YOUNGER, LESS EXPENSIVE PMD, OUR 2ND BEST 2-WAY FORWARD, AND A 2ND IN A SALARY CAP THAT IS GOING DOWN FOR ONE WHO IS GOING TO WANT $6M+ FOR 7 YEARS?





Please stop
Because Letang is on a whole 'nother level than anything Toronto is offering? And I mean whole 'nother level.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:48 AM
  #212
Nizzy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Zibanejad + 17th overall + Ceci + Puempel?
4 1st rd prospects for Letang .....God no thats ridiculous

Nizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:48 AM
  #213
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
So if its comparable to Staal's deal I would offer as an Oilers fan.

7th Overall
Petry
2nd or any prospect outside of kelfbom that is not in the NHL Pitt wants


I would only do this if Edmonton could talk to Letang first and make sure he will resign with them (not sure if allowed or not)

I would also hope that Pitt would prefer MPS or Marcinin+ instead of Petry..
Oilers are my second favorite team, so I know their roster quite well.

I know MacT said in his end of season PC that he wants more foot speed on the blueline and guys who can get the puck out quickly and skate the puck to open ice, which is exactly what Letang does. So there would obviously be interest there, no denying that.

I like Petry and he has potential, but if Shero is moving Letang, he will want back a good roster player and a high end prospect or pick. Petry struggled some this year and the Pens will need a more proven asset.

It would have to be Smid + the 7 overall, with perhaps some small pieces going each way. Smid is a hell of a player and his cap hit will be very appealing to Shero as well.

You have unreasonable fans on each side, but in the end this is a fair deal that helps both teams.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:49 AM
  #214
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzy View Post
4 1st rd prospects for Letang .....God no thats ridiculous
Ottawa has a surplus of prospects - and again, Letang would be ridiculous with Karlsson - or right behind him on the depth chart. Like...unreal. The East would shudder IMO.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:52 AM
  #215
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Would give a lot from the Leafs to land him. He'd take us from playoff bubble to a decent bet for the 4-5 seed every year.
What's 'a lot'?

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:53 AM
  #216
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 68,713
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Would give a lot from the Leafs to land him. He'd take us from playoff bubble to a decent bet for the 4-5 seed every year.
Kulemin + 1st + Gardiner?

Personally, if we knew that Briere would be bought out and that'd we sign him to the 3C spot then I'd throw Sutter in that deal as well with Frattin or someone coming back.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:56 AM
  #217
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 27,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Kulemin + 1st + Gardiner?

Personally, if we knew that Briere would be bought out and that'd we sign him to the 3C spot then I'd throw Sutter in that deal as well with Frattin or someone coming back.
IMO, someone will beat that. Not a comment on whether it's fair or what Toronto should do. BUT, someone will beat that.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:58 AM
  #218
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 68,713
vCash: 50
I agree that there probably are better deals out there but that would seem to be a good basis to go for.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:00 AM
  #219
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: bay area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 1441
I don't think that we need to put Sutter in that deal or trade him off anywhere.

Also, I don't think Briere would ever sign in Pittsburgh. Too much of an eff you to Philly and I don't see him pulling that off.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:00 AM
  #220
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack
 
HarrisonFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Because Letang is miles better than Gardiner. If you think that Toronto is getting the short hand of the stick with that deal, you're nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Because Letang is on a whole 'nother level than anything Toronto is offering? And I mean whole 'nother level.
Hands down, Letang is better than Gardiner.

But Gardiner is so much more controllable. He's got 1 year or 1.1M left on his entry level contract, and is going to probably get a $3M per year contract for 3-5 years. While Letang is an upgrade on Gardiner, he's also much more expensive in a salary cap. I don't think the Leafs need to be selling assets to upgrade a position that they have reasonable depth in (PMD in Gardiner and Rielly).

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:01 AM
  #221
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 68,713
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
I don't think that we need to put Sutter in that deal or trade him off anywhere.

Also, I don't think Briere would ever sign in Pittsburgh. Too much of an eff you to Philly and I don't see him pulling that off.
Talbot went to Philadelphia from Pittsburgh, although that was mostly for family reasons. I see Briere signing at one of either Pittsburgh, New Jersey or Washington.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:05 AM
  #222
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: bay area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Talbot went to Philadelphia from Pittsburgh, although that was mostly for family reasons. I see Briere signing at one of either Pittsburgh, New Jersey or Washington.
Talbot is a dick and just wanted money.

Briere is much more of a stand-up guy and I can't see him going to a rival. He may close out his career in Montreal, his hometown.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:16 AM
  #223
gabeliscious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Kulemin + 1st + Gardiner?

Personally, if we knew that Briere would be bought out and that'd we sign him to the 3C spot then I'd throw Sutter in that deal as well with Frattin or someone coming back.
i would be surprised if pens fans would be excited about this trade. i also dont know if adding frattin and sutter makes it better for pens. it would be a lot of moving pieces as well. you dont often see that many players getting moved in one trade any more.

would be interesting from a leafs pov though.

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:24 AM
  #224
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat
 
Shrimper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Essex
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 68,713
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Talbot is a dick and just wanted money.

Briere is much more of a stand-up guy and I can't see him going to a rival. He may close out his career in Montreal, his hometown.
Talbot moved for family reasons. He could've gone elsewhere for money.

He wanted more at Pittsburgh to secure his future and for his family but they weren't willing to offer it so he went to Philadelphia.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:27 AM
  #225
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,485
vCash: 50
I would like to see him in Denver.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.