HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bryzgalov: To Buy Out or Not To Buy Out...That is the Question (Updates in post #1)

Old
06-18-2013, 10:47 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
The discontent of our Winter.
Winter is coming?

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:47 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Appropriately from Richard III.
Yes, indeed, and one of the maxims of player negotiations should be "Don't deal with an agent named Rich."

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:53 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahthorne View Post
I'm thinking it's a lot of bad reporting and perhaps some misunderstandings. I bet Holmgren said something like, "Currently we do not plan on buying Ilya out," and of course that is interpreted as a guarantee. If the Flyers are able to acquire a replacement for Bryzgalov - but it Bernier, Emery or whoever else, I'm sure they would then plan on buying him out. Bryzgalov is obviously an option and is their current goaltender but it doesn't hurt to explore other avenues!
Agreed. Homer could truthfully say that Bryz was not the problem, or the reason they missed the playoffs, and that he has no immediate plans to buy him out. And that could change as I type....

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:53 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Winter is coming?
A year passed: winter changed into spring, spring changed into summer, summer changed back into winter, and winter gave spring and summer a miss and went straight on into autumn... until one day...

Old
06-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
A year passed: winter changed into spring, spring changed into summer, summer changed back into winter, and winter gave spring and summer a miss and went straight on into autumn... until one day...
From Shakespeare to Python to Ryan to Bernier.... what a day...

Old
06-18-2013, 10:59 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
From Shakespeare to Python to Ryan to Bernier.... what a day...
Yep, we play all the classics here!

Old
06-18-2013, 11:04 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

it's all about us getting bernier. if we get him he's gone. if we can't and i don't wanna give up **** past read then he needs to stay for the year anyway. although i do wanna find out who's fault it'll be next year when he's gone.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:08 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 920
Here is a full article from the Daily News:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...oaltender.html

Quote:
BOSTON - The Flyers already have decided to use one of their upcoming compliance buyouts on Danny Briere, as has been speculated for months.

But they are less certain about using their second buyout on goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov, who would be due $23 million over the next 14 years to not play for the team.

Bryzgalov's agent, Ritch Winter, told the Daily News Tuesday night he spoke with Paul Holmgren as recently as Monday to check on the status of his client.

Winter contacted Holmgren based on various reports, especially from TSN in Canada, that Bryzgalov would be bought out. Winter said Holmgren reassured him that Bryzgalov was one of the Flyers' "best players" and that he was "not the problem" and would remain a Flyer next season.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Yep, we play all the classics here!
Lay on McDuff, it's only a flesh wound.

Old
06-18-2013, 11:18 PM
PHILOUDELPHIA

any chance flyers could trade holmgren away, ill take anything even a box of fruity pebbles.

is Tim Thomas going to be available?

PHILOUDELPHIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:19 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige Worldwide View Post
Either way you slice it this is horrible. Bryzgalov back next season, terrible. Holmgren lying to another agent and ruining relationships, terrible.

It's official Holmgren is a moron and the Flyers are screwed.
It's kinda retarded for the agent to call and ask tho. He knows whats up, i hope. All he has to do is read his clients quotes in the paper and look at the team to know were trying to upgrade everywhere we can. It's just not only stupid to call for reassurance like a baby but then to report it like its some legitimate story. And now I'm watering it down even more with this horrible paragraph. There really is too much info tho these days. "how many dingleberries did you say?" its pretty much on that level

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:36 PM
Larry44
10 - 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
It's kinda retarded for the agent to call and ask tho. He knows whats up, i hope. All he has to do is read his clients quotes in the paper and look at the team to know were trying to upgrade everywhere we can. It's just not only stupid to call for reassurance like a baby but then to report it like its some legitimate story. And now I'm watering it down even more with this horrible paragraph. There really is too much info tho these days. "how many dingleberries did you say?" its pretty much on that level
Ruining relationships? Hiliarious. The Flyers have hated Winter since he was Hexy's agent IIRC. And Streit's quotes made it seem like he was so afraid of coming to Philly....

Old
06-18-2013, 11:53 PM
3Fs

Quote:

Winter contacted Holmgren based on various reports, especially from TSN in Canada, that Bryzgalov would be bought out. Winter said Holmgren reassured him that Bryzgalov was one of the Flyers' "best players" and that he was "not the problem" and would remain a Flyer next season.

Wow either someone is drunk or someone is one hell of a bold face liar....imo of course.

3Fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:35 AM
freakydallas13

I'm thinking they give Bryz one more year, on a leash that is approximately 7 microns long.

freakydallas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:45 AM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakydallas13 View Post
I'm thinking they give Bryz one more year, on a leash that is approximately 7 microns long.
He's going to be asked about a buyout daily if he struggles early. Not gonna be a good situation. Buy him out now.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:27 AM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
and then we ate the minstrels...

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:20 AM
Codith

@tpanotchCSN: Paul Holmgren to CSN: "I didn't assure Ritch Winter of anything. When the time comes to do our business we will do whatever is best ...

@tpanotchCSN: Homer: "...for our hockey team."

https://twitter.com/tpanotchcsn/stat...68900250759168
https://twitter.com/tpanotchcsn/stat...69087262183424

Codith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:52 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

I'm going to laugh so hard when homer buys him out anyway. Homer is the biggest troll in the NHL.

Paul Holmgren: "don't get too comfortable"

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:44 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

I don't get how they can't buy him out. You figure there's no way he's going to play here beyond 2014 -- that's the point of no return. So then it's either buy him out in 2013 or or in 2014...which means he's a lame duck goalie this season. If they don't buy him out this summer, too many things can go wrong, including him 1) getting injured, 2) playing even worse and being a distraction, or 3) playing really well and putting the Flyers in a catch-22.

Might as well get it over with while you can. Why delay the inevitable?

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:58 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
I don't get how they can't buy him out. You figure there's no way he's going to play here beyond 2014 -- that's the point of no return. So then it's either buy him out in 2013 or or in 2014...which means he's a lame duck goalie this season. If they don't buy him out this summer, too many things can go wrong, including him 1) getting injured, 2) playing even worse and being a distraction, or 3) playing really well and putting the Flyers in a catch-22.

Might as well get it over with while you can. Why delay the inevitable?
The only thing I can think of is that they have had talks and genuinely believe that Bryz was not the problem last year. I would not agree with those beliefs, but that would be thinking behind it.

That being said, I just simply don't see that being that case. Even if they think he can play better, his being on the team will be such a distraction that I don't think it would be worth it.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:16 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
The only thing I can think of is that they have had talks and genuinely believe that Bryz was not the problem last year. I would not agree with those beliefs, but that would be thinking behind it.

That being said, I just simply don't see that being that case. Even if they think he can play better, his being on the team will be such a distraction that I don't think it would be worth it.
Yeah again..not the main problem but not the solution either. He was average and b/c he is a polarizing personality off the ice ..the distractions that come with it are not worth keeping him around especially if it is true some of the players don't like him.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Unstable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Here is a full article from the Daily News:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...oaltender.html
Huh. Either Holmgren is lying again, or the Bryz nonsense was not all Snider after all.

I suspect the former.

Unstable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:26 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 0
I agree with Meltzer. people need to relax. this is the silly season. Do not get emotionally vested either way on quotes from Holmgren. I know we all are guilty of it. Just dont get to worked up over it either way.

GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:26 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable View Post
Huh. Either Holmgren is lying again, or the Bryz nonsense was not all Snider after all.

I suspect the former.
Not lying..posturing. Same with Bryz's agent.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:27 PM
MsWoof

I think the agent is stirring up crap. Holmgren already lied to Carter a couple of years ago so with Bryz's agent coming out and saying this, if Bryz is bought out Holmgren will look like he's lying again. I think he's doing it to force Homer's hand by buying him out soon.

I don't know why Homer would hang on to him for one more year. If he gets hurt, he can't get bought out.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote