HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Medvescak Zagreb 2013/2014 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
06-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Medo

vCash: 500
Minimum of 4. Probably more.

Old
06-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Ivan94

games at Šalata outdoor rink and/or amphitheatre in Pula ?

Old
06-18-2013, 01:15 AM
Medo

Šalata no. Pula isn't a venue anyway.. it was a one time thing which i honestly hope doesn't happen again because of the crappy ice.

Old
06-18-2013, 06:47 AM
Mikey09

Marko Sakic is rumoured to Medvescek, how good he is?

Old
06-18-2013, 07:01 AM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
Marko Sakic is rumoured to Medvescek, how good he is?
Good enough to play ebel in few years...

Was best KAC junior player in 11/12 season. As double underager led his team in points, but last season, with introduction of EBEL U20, he was affected by the rule which says that you can't have overagers on the roster if you have foreginer in the same time. So, that is main reason why he only played handful of games last year.

He needs to prove himself in EBEL first...

Last edited by ficohok*: 06-18-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old
06-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Mikey09

Doug Janik, does he have some yugoslavia roots?

Old
06-18-2013, 12:23 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
Doug Janik, does he have some yugoslavia roots?
By his surname he could be Macedonian.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Medo

There are 4 Janik's in Croatia and around 300 Janić's.

It could be... but i doubt.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Ivan94

this side says german name. settlers from austria and hungary

http://www.houseofnames.com/janik-history?a=54323-292

Old
06-18-2013, 01:24 PM
Sucrologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan94 View Post
games at Šalata outdoor rink and/or amphitheatre in Pula ?
Some games in other Balkan cities like Sarajevo or Sofia would also make sense to promote the team and league.

Old
06-18-2013, 02:38 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sucrologist View Post
Some games in other Balkan cities like Sarajevo or Sofia would also make sense to promote the team and league.
Or Belgrade

Joke aside, isn't bad idea, but that promotion needs to be within friendly games. Many fans last year were pissed off cause Medvescak played two official games outside of Zagreb. (especially season ticket holders)

Old
06-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Medo

Quote:
Sofia? Out of all places? Nothing against the Bulgarians but the connection between Croatia and Bulgaria isn't that big. We are just too far geographically. I don't see what possible interest could Medveščak have there as we mean absolutely nothing to them and i doubt that it would change or that anyone in Bulgarian public would even take a notice.

Ljubljana or Sarajevo make most sense for me.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Sucrologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medo View Post
Sofia? Out of all places? Nothing against the Bulgarians but the connection between Croatia and Bulgaria isn't that big. We are just too far geographically. I don't see what possible interest could Medveščak have there as we mean absolutely nothing to them and i doubt that it would change or that anyone in Bulgarian public would even take a notice.

Ljubljana or Sarajevo make most sense for me.
Well, I just know that World Championship has been covered on national television and there is enough public hockey interest in Bulgaria. I think every Olimpija fan knows well about Medvescak, so it won't be a real promotion in Ljubljana.
Sarajevo can offer 10k+ arena available for hockey since 1984 WOG, so it's likely to the first destination.

Old
06-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Medo

AFAIK Zetra cannot host hockey game anymore. Anyway.. i hope that there won't be any kind of out of Croatia experiments. It wouldn't be fair to season ticket holders (but also to normal fans) and there's a lot of them.

Last edited by Medo: 06-18-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old
06-18-2013, 08:19 PM
bobo23

Quote:
Well in Bosnia and Herzegovina Medvescak alredy have some fans among Croatians there, but I'm not sure Medvescak would be welcomed there because tensions betwen Croats from B&H and Bosniaks. On other side if they would play in western Herzegovina they could easily load 20k arena as majority there are Croats who get excited evrey time some croatian club or some NT goes there. Problem is only good arena is Pecara in Siroki Brijeg that can acept max 5000 for basketball and I'm not sure is there place fore rink there. But I would love to see that if posible.....tough some people in Zagreb would comite sucide rather then watch team play in Herzeogovina considering how some of them hate herzegovinans

Slovenia---well some hockey fans would love it, but not all do to rivaly and this team sport they could actually say they are better then us. Not sure all of them could swallow their pride

Serbia--no way

From other coutries....don't know. Maybe Hungary??? When I think better Bulgaria looks most logical

From Croatian citys Split and Zadar have 2 nice modern arenas (tough one in Split is closed), but there is huge rivaly betwen Dalmatians and Zagreb, especially one Split vs Zagreb, and overall Zagreb is not very popular this dayson Dalmatian cost as Croatia is very centralized this days, especially sport wise

+ That could wake hot heads in Zagreb and in Dalmatia....you know, those who say: "yeah, let's move whole Zagreb in Split"...or "we could also bring Dinamo to play on Poljud".....and there were such coments when Medvescak played in Pula....Blind selfish people, who don't see in front of their nose fact that hockey does not go in same line and can not be treted like some developed team sports in Croatia like football, handball, basketball etc.. They don't see that this is uniqe chance to develope hockey in Croatia and any kind of promotion that could help is welcomed

In east there are only few nice but small arenas

so...

Last edited by bobo23: 06-18-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old
06-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Vicente

Why should Medvescak do any promotion in other countries or other Croatian cities when they only play in that 6,000 fans arena. It will probably sell out most times (or always) but the only real deal would be Arena Zagreb.

Old
06-19-2013, 08:32 AM
renco

First hello to all hockey fans here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
Why should Medvescak do any promotion in other countries or other Croatian cities when they only play in that 6,000 fans arena. It will probably sell out most times (or always) but the only real deal would be Arena Zagreb.
I agree.Arena is must for next season,but I wouldn't mind seing a game or two in Split.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:15 PM
bobo23

Quote:
well, they could benifite from it. KHL is broadcsated in other countries in region

Old
06-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Vicente

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo23 View Post
well, they could benifite from it. KHL is broadcsated in other countries in region
But let's think about it and you would be a hockey fan from one of these places and you would think "hey Medvescak is a nice team" and you think about visiting several games - to see damn it's always already sold out?!

And also I think it's easier to attract new fans if you play in a top modern arena with 15,000 fans than in that small building. Arena Zagreb would add a lot more international class to the organization. (for the same reason I am disappointed of Lev Prague who only play in smaller and old Tipsport Arena instead of 18,000 capacity top modern O2 Arena)

But that's just my personal opinion so don't crucify me please!

Old
06-19-2013, 12:29 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Yes, but what's the point of it ? I doubt that Budapest or Sofia would get KHL team if Medvescak plays game or two there.

Much more sense is to play games in other Croatian cities, bigger ones (Split, Osijek). Not official games but some pre-season tournament.

Old
06-19-2013, 07:17 PM
bobo23

Quote:
But let's think about it and you would be a hockey fan from one of these places and you would think "hey Medvescak is a nice team" and you think about visiting several games - to see damn it's always already sold out?!

And also I think it's easier to attract new fans if you play in a top modern arena with 15,000 fans than in that small building. Arena Zagreb would add a lot more international class to the organization. (for the same reason I am disappointed of Lev Prague who only play in smaller and old Tipsport Arena instead of 18,000 capacity top modern O2 Arena)

But that's just my personal opinion so don't crucify me please!
problem is Medvescak must have 10k fans each game just to get to positive 0 in Arena Zagreb

So I guess there is fear Medvescak would not profit from playing all games Arena

Old
06-19-2013, 07:37 PM
bobo23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Yes, but what's the point of it ? I doubt that Budapest or Sofia would get KHL team if Medvescak plays game or two there.

Much more sense is to play games in other Croatian cities, bigger ones (Split, Osijek). Not official games but some pre-season tournament.
With this move most benifite goes to KHL as KHL would get more popular there. That's why you can see some competitive games from american profesional sport leagues played in China, Europe etc. Increses intrest for TV broadcasts, geer etc. It's marketing

for Medvescak

-it could increse intrest there to watch Medvescak games broadcasted by Sportklub and some Medvescak were broadcasted by serbian sportklub. sportklub is regional chanel first, then sport chanel of each countrie in region. And with incresed intrest in Medvescak games, Medvescak could sell TV rights for higher price to sportklub

-it icreses posibility to add sponsors from regionl companys

I don't agree about games in Croatia. Medvescak should play few competitive games trough whole Croatia. It's very selfish from Zagreb base to think otherwise because this Medvescak story is uniqe chance to roll things in our hockey, a chence that come evrey 2-3 generations if it comes at all. So it's not only in marketing and geting more money, but also has "nobel goal"

Old
06-19-2013, 07:47 PM
bobo23

and btw

bit off topic:

If KHL realy wannts to chalege NHL, eventually they will have to play some competitive games around world. Not Medvescak included, but top clubs in big cities like Madrid, Instabul etc.

Old
06-19-2013, 07:48 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
With this move most benifite goes to KHL as KHL would get more popular there. That's why you can see some competitive games from american profesional sport leagues played in China, Europe etc. Increses intrest for TV broadcasts, geer etc. It's marketing

for Medvescak

-it could increse intrest there to watch Medvescak games broadcasted by Sportklub and some Medvescak were broadcasted by serbian sportklub. sportklub is regional chanel first, then sport chanel of each countrie in region. And with incresed intrest in Medvescak games, Medvescak could sell TV rights for higher price to sportklub

-it icreses posibility to add sponsors from regionl companys

I don't agree about games in Croatia. Medvescak should play few competitive games trough whole Croatia. It's very selfish from Zagreb base to think otherwise because this Medvescak story is uniqe chance to roll things in our hockey, a chence that come evrey 2-3 generations if it comes at all. So it's not only in marketing and geting more money, but also has "nobel goal"
Only question is, where ? I mean, in which arenas ?

Old
06-20-2013, 04:06 AM
bobo23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Only question is, where ? I mean, in which arenas ?
nice to see I made you laugh

Just like in Areana Zagreb wich does not have it's own rink there is space to place rink in Kreso Cosic arena in Zadar, Spaladium arena or or big Gripe in Split . There are also few nice smaller arenas in other cities built for handball championship so there should be space to place rink ther

Closed Thread