HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Danny Kristo to Calgary

Old
06-19-2013, 10:30 AM
LeHabsMan

vCash: 500
Danny Kristo to Calgary

The Flames just signed his teammate from ND, Corban Knight. Knight MAY have hinted in a possible trade for Kristo.

Roger Millions‏@RogMillions19h
Knight adds that Danny Kristo his UND teammate could surprise next Sunday in Newark. #2013NHLDraft

This can mean many things but one possibility is a trade to reunite the two players. Calgary is rebuilding and Kristo is a good young player that has chemistry with Knight.

What would Calgary give up for Kristo?

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:35 AM
waitin425

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
The Flames just signed his teammate from ND, Corban Knight. Knight MAY have hinted in a possible trade for Kristo.

Roger Millions‏@RogMillions19h
Knight adds that Danny Kristo his UND teammate could surprise next Sunday in Newark. #2013NHLDraft

This can mean many things but one possibility is a trade to reunite the two players. Calgary is rebuilding and Kristo is a good young player that has chemistry with Knight.

What would Calgary give up for Kristo?
Kristo looked quite good this year.

If one of the players Calgary is targetting is not available later in the first round, how about one of their picks?

waitin425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:39 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post

If one of the players Calgary is targetting is not available later in the first round, how about one of their picks?
I don't know anything about Kristo, but is he good enough/have a high enough potential to be worth the 28th pick?

I'd certainly be open to acquiring him as the Flames have virtually zero prospects on RW.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Gary83*

I would do Penguins pick for Kristo and a 2nd or somesuch, something around that.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:42 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I would do Penguins pick for Kristo and a 2nd or somesuch, something around that.
I'd love to get the Flames own 2nd rounder back But I understand that probably isn't an option. Maybe the Habs pick?

Old
Adirondack Flames

I don't know enough about Kristo to give a fair proposal. But I really doubt he is worth a late 1st.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ezpz
No mad pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
I don't know anything about Kristo, but is he good enough/have a high enough potential to be worth the 28th pick?

I'd certainly be open to acquiring him as the Flames have virtually zero prospects on RW.
Yes. Plenty of Habs fans throw him in proposals because they were pissed he went back for a fourth year of College. He's a lock in my eyes to make the Habs out of training camp next year in a top 6 role.

Quote:
Kristo is worth that pick on his own. We're not gifting an nhl ready top 6 forward we've been developing for 5 years to move up less than 10 spots.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
waitin425

Quote:

I guess it would depend who is available at 28 and how much interest either team has. It wouldn't be out of the realm. As a Habs fan hypothetically of course....if we drafted Morin at 25 and then Theodore was available at 28, I might pull the trigger. If we got both of those D men in this draft I would party like a rock star

Old
06-19-2013, 10:44 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Don't know much about Kristo honestly, he has some nice NCAA stats though and he is a RW, something we need.

Maybe as part of a bigger trade? I'm not sure hes worth a 1st in a deep draft :/

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:45 AM
waitin425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Yes. Plenty of Habs fans throw him in proposals because they were pissed he went back for a fourth year of College. He's a lock in my eyes to make the Habs out of training camp next year in a top 6 role.

Kristo is worth that pick on his own. We're not gifting an nhl ready top 6 forward we've been developing for 5 years to move up less than 10 spots.
Who do you think he will bump out of our top 6? I like the guy too, but would be willing to entertain offers

Old
06-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post

He has yet to play an NHL game and he is an NHL ready top 6 ready? Thanks for the laugh

He is not worth a 1st, especially in a deep draft. If you believe otherwise you are off your rocker.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:46 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Don't know much about Kristo honestly, he has some nice NCAA stats though and he is a RW, something we need.

Maybe as part of a bigger trade? I'm not sure hes worth a 1st in a deep draft :/
If what Habs fans are saying is true, about him being ready for a top 6 role on an NHL club, then he absolutely is worth a late 1st in a deep draft IMO.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:46 AM
Rick16

Quote:

Yes he is and I don't see why the Habs would do this move unless Kristo asked for a trade which I doubt since he decided to sign a contract a few months ago instead of going on the open market.

Rick16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:49 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
If what Habs fans are saying is true, about him being ready for a top 6 role on an NHL club, then he absolutely is worth a late 1st in a deep draft IMO.
I dunno. Would be nice if he had a full AHL season under his belt so we could better gauge him.

Maybe a neutral fan could chime in about him.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Impossible Glory

Flames fans would probably be reluctant to give a first for a guy they know nothing about.

As a Habs fans, considering Kristo is the only prospect winger close to making an impact in the NHL, I'd have a hard time letting him go for a 1st that MIGHT gives us a better player 3 or 4 years from now. We will need him next year, or maybe even this year.

I'd say Kristo's value is somewhere between #22 and #28. But unless Timmins has a guy he really wants, I wouldn't deal Kristo straight for a pick.

Impossible Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin425 View Post

Quote:
Montreal is quite high on Kristo. He is pretty much the next best RW prospect after Gallagher and will be Gionta's replacement.

I would do:

-Kristo and 86th overall for 22nd overall and 135th overall(just so we have a 5th rounder)
-Kristo and 25th overall for 22nd overall and 28th overall
-Kristo and 86th overall for 28th overall and 67th overall

Old
06-19-2013, 10:54 AM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
He has yet to play an NHL game and he is an NHL ready top 6 ready? Thanks for the laugh

He is not worth a 1st, especially in a deep draft. If you believe otherwise you are off your rocker.
Hes probably not ready for the top 6 in Montreal at this point but he did well in Hamilton and showed some signs of great things at the World Championship. i wouldnt be surprised to see him in the top 6 at some point next season. He may be able to crack Calgary's roster, no offense.

He is worth more than the 28th overall pick. Montreal wouldnt trade him for it.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:54 AM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

^ What about Kristo and 86th overall for 28th and Greg Nemisz?

TherapyforGlencross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:59 AM
DBU
Gotta Go Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
^ What about Kristo and 86th overall for 28th and Greg Nemisz?
That's actually not bad. I'd probably do it.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:01 AM
Nolan11

Quote:
Montreal is quite high on Kristo. He is pretty much the next best RW prospect after Gallagher and will be Gionta's replacement.

I would do:

-Kristo and 86th overall for 22nd overall and 135th overall(just so we have a 5th rounder)
-Kristo and 25th overall for 22nd overall and 28th overall
-Kristo and 86th overall for 28th overall and 67th overall
Would you consider Kristo + 34th overall for Sharks 20th overall + Petrecki

Nolan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:19 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan11 View Post
Would you consider Kristo + 34th overall for Sharks 20th overall + Petrecki
Habs already have a right-handed Nick Petrecki, his name's Greg Pateryn; we don't need a matching lefty.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:26 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post

You must not know much about him. He was a Hobey Baker finalist. He played for team US in the WC this summer and is likely the Habs best forward prospect behind Galchenyuk.

What do you think a second round pick that's developed so well should get? A second?

I think you're off your rocker

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Hes probably not ready for the top 6 in Montreal at this point but he did well in Hamilton and showed some signs of great things at the World Championship. i wouldnt be surprised to see him in the top 6 at some point next season. He may be able to crack Calgary's roster, no offense.

He is worth more than the 28th overall pick. Montreal wouldnt trade him for it.
The NHL is a whole new ball game. It is extremely rare for a prospect without an NHL game to garner a 1st round pick in return.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:37 AM
Money Baer
COYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
You must not know much about him. He was a Hobey Baker finalist. He played for team US in the WC this summer and is likely the Habs best forward prospect behind Galchenyuk.

What do you think a second round pick that's developed so well should get? A second?

I think you're off your rocker
I agree.

I just don't feel comfortable parting with a 1st for a small(ish) prospect. Highly skilled, but small. We already have a couple of those in our system. I think both teams stick with their prospects/picks, unless it was part of a larger package involving roster players.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:47 AM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I agree.

I just don't feel comfortable parting with a 1st for a small(ish) prospect. Highly skilled, but small. We already have a couple of those in our system. I think both teams stick with their prospects/picks, unless it was part of a larger package involving roster players.
I guess it depends how desperate Feaster is to reunite them. Not sure how I feel about giving him up though.

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote