HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Eskimos and CFL 2013 season thread: Eskies 1-3

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2013, 10:40 AM
Digger12

vCash: 500
Good lord Replacement, take a Ritalin or something.

Why you're tearing a pound of flesh out of Moneyguy specifically for a simple prediction (of which literally dozens are made on this message board on a daily basis, a concept not uncommon with what you'd think message boards would be used for) that has yet to be proven wrong since the bloody season's not even started...I can't honestly say what your motivation is other than being petty and mean spirited.

Yet another reason why I find myself posting on this board barely at all these days.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:41 AM
Insta
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Cleveland has nothing else in professional sports worth talking about. Either way the fans there are pretty fed up with management.

Fred stamps is the only notable player on our roster. At this point I know more players on BC and Calgary than I do Edmonton.
I seem to remember a certain defensive player of the year playing for the Eskimos. They also picked up a very notable player on the line. Bowman is also a beast, hopefully he's back soon.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:01 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Six in O6 View Post
By that argument neither does Edmonton.... Oilers are bottom of the barrel in a league that doesn't even get main stream audiences in the states. And for a fact the NBA has a bit better track record than the NHL so I'd say the Cavs > Oilers.

That's looking at it objectively, personally I don't GAF about the NBA.
They also have the Indians who are a .500 club.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:03 AM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Then you are not a big fan of the team if that is the case and don't follow them. You're comments of them being a joke or a circus really come into question.
Are you disputing that the esks aren't a joke right now? They were fortunate to make the playoffs last year due to the complete incompetence of Winnipeg and Hamilton and then proceeded to get dismantled by Toronto.

I don't pay as much attention to the team as I do the oilers, but this is still a team lacking star power and direction. They haven't been to a grey cup since 2005 and they didn't win a single game against calgary last year. I still remember that 43 point stomping at the hands of Hamilton.

It remains to be seen if this team is better than last years, but we are one untimely injury away from seeing Joseph.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:04 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
I admire Moneyguy for his eternal optimism. It makes him an easy target sure, but it speaks to his character.

Defines the word fan imo.

Dont let them/us beat you down Moneyguy!

Old
06-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Six in O6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post

Why you're tearing a pound of flesh out of Moneyguy specifically for a simple prediction (of which literally dozens are made on this message board on a daily basis, a concept not uncommon with what you'd think message boards would be used for) that has yet to be proven wrong since the bloody season's not even started...I can't honestly say what your motivation is other than being petty and mean spirited.

Yet another reason why I find myself posting on this board barely at all these days.
Pretty much the same for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Good call. Not like MLB is a big deal in the good ol' US of A.

Old
06-19-2013, 11:06 AM
GreatKeith

Quote:
The last time they won a title, my parents weren't even born.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:02 PM
Del Preston
Pass to Purcell

Predicting 10 wins and looking forward to the season is worthy of being mocked, but there's nothing wrong with being as negative and bitter as possible and being so sure (guaranteeing?) the team will be awful.

Do I have this correct?

Old
06-19-2013, 01:13 PM
eskies4life

vCash: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Preston View Post
Predicting 10 wins and looking forward to the season is worthy of being mocked, but there's nothing wrong with being as negative and bitter as possible and being so sure (guaranteeing?) the team will be awful.

Do I have this correct?
Apparently. I get criticizing the team, whatever, its your decision to support them or not. However Replacement is going after a guy that just voiced his opinion and predictions just because Replacement doesn't agree with them. Pretty low imo.

It also sucks to have so much negativity by one person on these boards before the seasons even started :/

Old
06-19-2013, 01:16 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskies4life View Post
Apparently. I get criticizing the team, whatever, its your decision to support them or not. However Replacement is going after a guy that just voiced his opinion and predictions just because Replacement doesn't agree with them. Pretty low imo.
status quo.

The ignore feature is awesome. More posters should use it.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:17 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

I also predict 10 wins.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:18 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
I also predict 10 wins.

You didnt specify how many years.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:19 PM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Maybe he meant for dubnyk next year... Not like he specified a team either.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:20 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
every year.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

How does Reilly look?
I haven't been able to watch the Esks so far but is he hopefully better than Jyles?

Old
06-19-2013, 01:22 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Maybe he meant for dubnyk next year... Not like he specified a team either.
No I predict Dubnyk will win 40 games next season ... for the Blues.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post

I guess you missed the amount of times Moneyguy has been chastising the Esks fan base here for not being good enough fans as he did with a poster on the previous page. My response, and calling him out on it, would not be forthcoming if his own behavior had not occurred and had not been ongoing.

You can think whatever you like.

Hey, post if you want. Your comment by the way is uncalled for(ironic as well) and something you could address with myself, or any poster in pm but apparently your purpose was different than feedback.

ps anybody notice this is Diggers first and only post and contribution in the thread? hmmmm.

Last edited by Replacement: 06-19-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old
06-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

vCash: 86
Holy friggin overreaction. There is little to choose between Reilly and Nichols. Acting like the season is over is ridiculous.

I feel horrible for Nichols. Poor guy.

Oh and I predict 16 wins.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Agreed, Replacement needs to lighten up around these boards.

Still very excited for the season, I still think we can't be much worse then last season so hopefully we have a solid season.
Positive feedback that anybody can offer on a messageboard as suggestion and that I can consider. Thanks for that.

Quote:

It also sucks to have so much negativity by one person on these boards before the seasons even started :/
Not required, and not helpful. My confronting MoneyGuy quite clearly occurred subsequent to him chastising another poster. For anybody that cares to look at a couple pages that is quite clear. Could my tone be different or how I express it sure, but I thought Moneyguy was being silly on some issues and said as much. Just as several people are now doing with me.

Apparently its OK to confront me, which it is btw. But that goes for all if its done within reason.

flame on, I'm just another poster here exposed to two local teams that have sucked for years. We all get our ya ya's out differently in response I guess. I would say though that frustration is and excpected and acceptable fan response. Or I could grab a wig and pom poms and be a cheerleader.

Oh and my prediction: 13 wins. I'm not saying what team or year..lol

Old
06-19-2013, 01:47 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Positive feedback that anybody can offer on a messageboard as suggestion and that I can consider. Thanks for that.

Not required, and not helpful. My confronting MoneyGuy quite clearly occurred subsequent to him chastising another poster. For anybody that cares to look at a couple pages that is quite clear. Could my tone be different or how I express it sure, but I thought Moneyguy was being silly on some issues and said as much. Just as several people are now doing with me.

Apparently its OK to confront me, which it is btw. But that goes for all if its done within reason.
Moneyguy is one of the most respected guys in this thread and then you mock him with an employer/employee conversation. You can't see the issue?

Old
06-19-2013, 01:50 PM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
Holy friggin overreaction. There is little to choose between Reilly and Nichols. Acting like the season is over is ridiculous.

I feel horrible for Nichols. Poor guy.

Oh and I predict 16 wins.
There's the problem, we don't know what Reilly is capable of and one injury to him means see you next year.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Moneyguy is one of the most respected guys in this thread and then you mock him with an employer/employee conversation. You can't see the issue?
I was simply using an analogy. Which I wrote in bolded font.

In short I guess our respective feelings on different posters and reliable information would be much different. I question things that have often not been accurate and have paid attention to it.

You choose a different path. No Biggy, but if you're asking questions I'll respond.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:57 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
There's the problem, we don't know what Reilly is capable of and one injury to him means see you next year.
We had really no idea what either could do. Everyone was just hoping one of them would take the role and run with it

Old
06-19-2013, 01:59 PM
GreatKeith

Quote:
We had really no idea what either could do. Everyone was just hoping one of them would take the role and run with it
Well one is down. I sure hope the o-line is shored up or it's only a matter of time

Old
06-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
We don't know in anyway that either will be capable of being a Pro starting QB and just had an experience with that nature of thing as recently as last season.

btw last season I suspended judgement and was one of the most positive Esks fans on here. This season though looking like an exact repeat gets no similar benefit of doubt from me. Benefit of doubt is gone.

Closed Thread