HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Danny Kristo to Calgary

Old
06-19-2013, 11:49 AM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I just don't feel comfortable parting with a 1st for a small(ish) prospect.
He's the same size as David Krejci (average size, in other words) and he's got Marchand-ish snarl to his game...if the Habs throw in that late 3rd (#86, I think), I think the #28 pick would work for both teams.

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
I don't think there's a desperation to get Kristo in Calgary, but perhaps something could be worked out around Alex Tanguay? Calgary's not really in a position to trade first round picks for anything at this moment (unless its to trade up).

I doubt Cammalleri desires to go back to Montreal, or is even welcome there...

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:52 AM
CanadienKid25

vCash: 50
A little off topic, but where do you think Kristo would go in a 2008 re-draft? I personally think he would go around 33-40, so unless we are moving into the first round for him in the 2013 draft, I wouldn't do it.

CanadienKid25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
junyab

MB is not trading Kristo for a pick...even if the value is there.

junyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
I guess it depends how desperate Feaster is to reunite them. Not sure how I feel about giving him up though.
He may be the Habs best prospect at RW now, but we're still pretty good for RW prospects (and yes, I include Gallagher in there)...for #28, the Habs would have to think long and hard at why they wouldn't do it...and then I imagine Bergevin comes to his senses and they do it.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:05 PM
emelinSMASH

I know highlight video's aren't the best way to gauge a players talent, but might as well post this:

He does seem ready to make the jump to the NHL, but only time will tell.

emelinSMASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyLurch View Post
He's the same size as David Krejci (average size, in other words) and he's got Marchand-ish snarl to his game...if the Habs throw in that late 3rd (#86, I think), I think the #28 pick would work for both teams.
He's good but, that is total BS. I'm sorry if that detracts from his value but that is definitely not the case.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
I don't think there's a desperation to get Kristo in Calgary, but perhaps something could be worked out around Alex Tanguay? Calgary's not really in a position to trade first round picks for anything at this moment (unless its to trade up).

I doubt Cammalleri desires to go back to Montreal, or is even welcome there...
Habs already acquired Tanguay from Calgary once, I don't see it happening again with Montreal's desire to add more physicality to the line-up.

I can't really see Kristo getting moved right now. He's almost NHL ready and the Habs have a hole to fill from losing Ryder. I'm really not sure what Knight means about Kristo, but he signed his ELC about 3 months ago, so I really don't see either him or Montreal wanting a trade unless it makes sense to both parties.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by emelinSMASH View Post
I know highlight video's aren't the best way to gauge a players talent, but might as well post this:

He does seem ready to make the jump to the NHL, but only time will tell.
His vision and IQ is really good. (Guess his numbers reflect that, too).
I'd be hesitant to move our 28th for him though. It's a very deep draft with lots of potential steals.

One Habs fan suggested 28th for Kristo + 86th. I might consider that.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:20 PM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
He's good but, that is total BS. I'm sorry if that detracts from his value but that is definitely not the case.

How does anyone not see the comparison??...he's got a low centre of gravity which makes him hard to knock off the puck, he's got quick hands, blazing speed (especially wide), one helluva wrister that he can snap off without a second's notice, and is more than willing to smash around in the corners, get in opposing player's grill, and dig for the puck at both ends...take out the cheap shots and it's a pretty good comparison, imo.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
His vision and IQ is really good. (Guess his numbers reflect that, too).
I'd be hesitant to move our 28th for him though. It's a very deep draft with lots of potential steals.

One Habs fan suggested 28th for Kristo + 86th. I might consider that.
The value is there, but I don't see him being traded unless it helps the NHL roster now. And, no not Cammelleri or Tanguay. Habs need gritty size with some skill so those two don't fit.

Halifaxhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:27 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Don't know much about Kristo honestly, he has some nice NCAA stats though and he is a RW, something we need.

Maybe as part of a bigger trade? I'm not sure hes worth a 1st in a deep draft :/
Curtis Glencross

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Curtis Glencross
that would be nice....but doubtful.

Halifaxhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:36 PM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Curtis Glencross
A 3rd line LW on any half-decent team??...no thanks; dangling Kristo could get a much better offer.

Old
06-19-2013, 12:39 PM
DBU
In A Dream

Quote:
A 3rd line LW on any half-decent team??...no thanks; dangling Kristo could get a much better offer.
Glencross, the hard-nosed, gives 100% every shift, almost-30 goal scorer for the past few years now, doesn't get Danny Kristo?

Your posts have been pretty informative in this thread but you are completely off base on this one. Glencross is a very valuable piece and would be on any team.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:40 PM
Draft

Quote:

How does anyone not see the comparison??...he's got a low centre of gravity which makes him hard to knock off the puck, he's got quick hands, blazing speed (especially wide), one helluva wrister that he can snap off without a second's notice, and is more than willing to smash around in the corners, get in opposing player's grill, and dig for the puck at both ends...take out the cheap shots and it's a pretty good comparison, imo.
Nice cheapshot at the end there. Kristo doesn't play a physical game and can't move bodies the way Marchand does. Marchand is an exception due to his size, Kristo is more the rule. I won't take away from his offensive abilities but he doesn't play in your face or physically for the most part, it's not one of his strengths IMO.

Draft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:45 PM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Glencross, the hard-nosed, gives 100% every shift, almost-30 goal scorer for the past few years now, doesn't get Danny Kristo?

Your posts have been pretty informative in this thread but you are completely off base on this one. Glencross is a very valuable piece and would be on any team.
Glencross is a 30 year old grit player that's played scorer on a Calgary team due to lack of options; I'm not saying he doesn't hold value, cuz every team would be lucky to have a player like this grinding it out for his mates every night, but giving a 23 year old future top 6 threat away for a few years of Glencross & "grinder goals" (if he doesn't hit one of his patented slumps for an extended period) is a great way to get back to the way things were done under previous regimes, a la Gauthier & Gainey (see: THE WRONG WAY!).

Old
06-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Glencross is a 30 year old grit player that's played scorer on a Calgary team due to lack of options; I'm not saying he doesn't hold value, cuz every team would be lucky to have a player like this grinding it out for his mates every night, but giving a 23 year old future top 6 threat away for a few years of Glencross & "grinder goals" (if he doesn't hit one of his patented slumps for an extended period) is a great way to get back to the way things were done under previous regimes, a la Gauthier & Gainey (see: THE WRONG WAY!).
well at least your location makes sense now

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:59 PM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
well at least your location makes sense now
Why??...cuz I don't want another Rene Bourque on my Habs team, especially if they have to give up a 23 year old top 6 threat like Kristo to get him...yeah, I'm all screwed up...after that, why not trade Gallagher & Galchenyuk for Cammy & Stajan??...or maybe Pacioretty for Tanguay??...

Old
06-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Why??...cuz I don't want another Rene Bourque on my Habs team, especially if they have to give up a 23 year old top 6 threat like Kristo to get him...yeah, I'm all screwed up...after that, why not trade Gallagher & Galchenyuk for Cammy & Stajan??...or maybe Pacioretty for Tanguay??...
If you think Bourque and Glencross are the same type of player you haven't watched Glencross much

Old
06-19-2013, 01:04 PM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
If you think Bourque and Glencross are the same type of player you haven't watched Glencross much
You're right here; Bourque has more talent and is just damn lazy, Glencross has more grit and would be on the third line if he was on a team that wasn't starved for offense...neither are worth Kristo...

Old
06-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
You're right here; Bourque has more talent and is just damn lazy, Glencross has more grit and would be on the third line if he was on a team that wasn't starved for offense...neither are worth Kristo...
Glencross is a legitimate top 6 forward, his skill game (especially his shot) is very underrated. 3rd liner simply do not average 28 goals per 82 games over the course of 3 seasons.

If the Habs offered Kristo to any team in the league for a player of Glencross' caliber they would be laughed at and hung up on

Old
06-19-2013, 01:17 PM
BigDaddyLurch
I fought the Law...

Quote:
If the Habs offered Kristo to any team in the league for a player of Glencross' caliber they would be laughed at and hung up on
No, Feaster may laugh and hang up...hence the state of Calgary...

Old
06-19-2013, 01:18 PM
LeHabsMan

Im with BigDaddyLurch on this one. Glencross would be a great addition to any team but not at the price of Kristo.

Kristo will be a future replacement in the top 6 when Gionta leaves whereas Glencross would be a 3rd liner for a few years. Its not like Montreal is in a "win now" mode. Glencross was a 50 point player on a weak team getting powerplay time and getting over 18 minutes of ice time per game. Lets see what he would do with a reduced role in Montreal. Maybe a 40 point player if were lucky.

Kristo is worth a late 1st round pick in my eyes. There is no way Im trading a late 1st for a 30 year old 3rd liner.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:20 PM
LeHabsMan

Quote:
Glencross is a legitimate top 6 forward, his skill game (especially his shot) is very underrated. 3rd liner simply do not average 28 goals per 82 games over the course of 3 seasons.

He is a legite top 6 forward in Calgary. Montreal has Eller and Galchenyuk playing on the 3rd line. Glencross is not better than either. Plekanec, Pacioretty, Eller, Gallagher and Galchenyuk are 5 players that should be playing top 6. Glencross would fight it out with Gionta, Desharnais and Bourque for the last spot.

LeHabsMan is offline   Reply With Quote