HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
06-19-2013, 01:15 PM
izzy75

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
You have two choices as a team; you follow the course, or you stay stubborn...
Typical Montreal fan (I'm not referring to you Higgs) whining and blaming everything but looking at their own team.

It's been interesting listening more than a few Montreal fans (finally) admit we'd love to have a team like Boston. God damn I would.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:16 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
You have two choices as a team; you follow the course, or you stay stubborn and keep building your team to play in a league that is not.

Playoffs hockey is always great to watch. It's hockey. It's magical. People who complain about the spectacle might as well go see Kovalev do his harlem globetrotter tricks. Might not be the most opened hockey, but it's still interesting to see.

High-scoring hockey that finishes 6-4 is way more annoying that playoffs hockey.
I very much agree with your first statement. I still believe the NHL ****ed over a great number of teams who already took pains in adapting to the 'new nhl' style, and then were backstabbed when the NHL lost their nerve and started moving back to dead puck era hockey. The habs are one of them. Trouble is, who's the say the NHL won't shake the etch-a-sketch again in a year or two?

As for your second statement, more ridiculous words are hardly ever spoken in hockey circles. Just because it's 'playoff hockey' doesn't mean it's any good. Look at the Philly Pittsburgh series last year. It was a joke. If by simply painting 'NHL playoffs' at center ice gives you some sort of satisfaction, then I assure you it isn't the quality of hockey that has you so excited. It's just in your head, and the phrase ' Playoff hockey is always great to watch' betrays that about you.

There's a reason the dead puck era was a joke. We're not quite there yet, but we're well on our way. And it's not so much as how many goals are being scored. Again, that pitts-philly series was hilarious for all the wrong reasons. Goals are still being scored, but it's all muddled up hockey. You can't tell me you ever watched any of the great habs teams or any other NHL dynasty team and saw this flavor of hockey.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:16 PM
optimus2861

Quote:
High-scoring hockey that finishes 6-4 is way more annoying that playoffs hockey.
Speak for yourself. I am a Halifax Mooseheads fan, but I found the 6-4 Memorial Cup final between them and the Portland Winterhawks to be the most entertaining hockey game I've watched this entire post-season. Junior hockey can be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

An individual 2-1, 2-0 game can be exciting but when it starts to feel like you're always seeing 2-1, 2-0 games you get sick of them.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Hullois

Quote:
Team play > everything. The most complete team will win in the playoffs. You need a perfecft mix of everything.

Habs would have won 2 cups in the last three years, nobody would say a damn word. Truth is, the Bruins adapted to the reality of this league way sooner than we did... In fact, we're still looking for a solution the Bruins found many years ago.
Lol if there's one team that can consistently beat the bruins, its MTL. We have the solution, its called speed and skills, and its always been MTLs way.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
According to Roger Millions (who is everywhere this week, it seems), Cammalleri wants out of Calgary:
I still remember his interviews when he first became a member of the organization. Said absolutely everything fans wanted to hear. Seemed like the guy was going to be a star here. Heh.

Anyways, let's better hope he doesn't go to the Leafs or Sens. Guy will be a Habs killer if he's in the division, I can see it now..

06-19-2013, 01:54 PM
andy28

I think the hockey has been fine. Chicago is killing their own play, not the league. They didn't bother paying the price in front of the net until the third period the other night.

Old
06-19-2013, 01:55 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I still remember his interviews when he first became a member of the organization. Said absolutely everything fans wanted to hear. Seemed like the guy was going to be a star here. Heh.

Anyways, let's better hope he doesn't go to the Leafs or Sens. Guy will be a Habs killer if he's in the division, I can see it now..
Leafs don't need him but I can see the Sens going after him to try and boost their terrible offence, especially if Alfie retires.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:04 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

He turned sour pretty quick once Gionta got the C.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post
Speak for yourself. I am a Halifax Mooseheads fan, but I found the 6-4 Memorial Cup final between them and the Portland Winterhawks to be the most entertaining hockey game I've watched this entire post-season. Junior hockey can be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

An individual 2-1, 2-0 game can be exciting but when it starts to feel like you're always seeing 2-1, 2-0 games you get sick of them.
Its not the goals that make the game exciting. Its the chances to score.

1-0 is a nail bitter if the goalies are actually playing out of their skulls. 1-0 because you can't get a real scoring chance is boring.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Its not the goals that make the game exciting. Its the chances to score.

1-0 is a nail bitter if the goalies are actually playing out of their skulls. 1-0 because you can't get a real scoring chance is boring.
That's unfortunately what the playoffs have been the last 3 weeks. Games are 2-1 and the scoring chances are like 5-4(regular season you have 10-20 per side). The Habs had more chances to score in game 1 vs Ottawa than Chicago had in 3 games so far.

Closed Thread