HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blues - Flyers

Old
06-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Vladys Gumption
Trap City

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootsfanclub View Post
I still can't believe Nashville payed one player $27 million in one year.
I can. He is their team.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I think this might work for both teams......

Sean Couturier for Kevin Shattenkirk
It would have to be Couturier+.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Or maybe, just maybe, we are looking for an immediate upgrade and not trading for a player who could *potentially* be an upgrade. And then there are those of us who don't think Couturier's offensive game won't develop like many claim.
if you look what I commented on, it was the fact that it was said "no one should be looking to trade for Couts based on hom he has played"

And to that, I disagree with.

And then I also commented that you have Berglund already, and Couts isn't an upgrade. So yeah, I agree...Couts is not a "fit" for St.L.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:17 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
if you look what I commented on, it was the fact that it was said "no one should be looking to trade for Couts based on hom he has played"

And to that, I disagree with.

And then I also commented that you have Berglund already, and Couts isn't an upgrade. So yeah, I agree...Couts is not a "fit" for St.L.
Don't pay much attention to what that original guy said, he has a habit of some interesting comments. What you said is correct. Couts has a lot of value, we are just one of the teams who would have minimal interest in him because what he brings right now isn't needed.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:59 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Don't pay much attention to what that original guy said, he has a habit of some interesting comments. What you said is correct. Couts has a lot of value, we are just one of the teams who would have minimal interest in him because what he brings right now isn't needed.
Couts will be a strong player in the future, sure. But right now after his struggles so far scoring, and the seemingly high value that this board puts on him, I don't see any teams biting to trade for him.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:04 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by your jaskin too much View Post
Couts will be a strong player in the future, sure. But right now after his struggles so far scoring, and the seemingly high value that this board puts on him, I don't see any teams biting to trade for him.
I agree with the your basic point, just not to the extreme you took it. I'm not a Couturier fan in the slightest and I laugh at people saying he will be a 70 point center or when names like Toews, Bergeron, Kesler, etc. are brought up. His defense is also overrated, he is pretty good defensively, but he isn't elite level yet.

I think he turns into a 55ish point center that receives Selke consideration. A valuable piece, but IMO too risky to trade something significant for.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:06 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
They end up paying him basically nothing en a few years, so financially it's going to balance out as they will be making more then they spend in those years.
Have they ever made more than they spend? Not being a jerk, seriously curious.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:11 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Have they ever made more than they spend? Not being a jerk, seriously curious.
I don't follow their financials, but they have a very good fan following and attendance.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
You are aware there has been a grand total of one offer sheet that wasn't matched in the past fifteen years, right?
timesa are different now with a hard cap that everytime must follow.

Shatt is offered sheeted for $6M+ St Louis will be unable to match it without sacrificing something else.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:18 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
timesa are different now with a hard cap that everytime must follow.

Shatt is offered sheeted for $6M+ St Louis will be unable to match it without sacrificing something else.
No, we have plenty of cap space. No GM is going to overpay that much for Shattenkirk.

What I find hilarious is that everyone on HF bashes Bouwmeester because he is overpaid, but HF is more than willing to give out that type of money to Shattenkirk, who is worse than Bouwmeester.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:18 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Quote:
I agree with the your basic point, just not to the extreme you took it. I'm not a Couturier fan in the slightest and I laugh at people saying he will be a 70 point center or when names like Toews, Bergeron, Kesler, etc. are brought up. His defense is also overrated, he is pretty good defensively, but he isn't elite level yet.

I think he turns into a 55ish point center that receives Selke consideration. A valuable piece, but IMO too risky to trade something significant for.
Glad someone finally agrees with me

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
I agree with that assessment despite being a Couturier fan.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:28 PM
StoneHands

vCash: 2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Or maybe, just maybe, we are looking for an immediate upgrade and not trading for a player who could *potentially* be an upgrade. And then there are those of us who don't think Couturier's offensive game won't develop like many claim.
I don't think his offensive game won't develop either. So we agree, it will develop, right?

StoneHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:33 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
I'd do it. I don't see St. Louis doing it though.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Oshie97

Couts will probably end up being a good 2nd maybe 1st line center but we cannot give up a young proven defenseman like Shatty on a probably in the future when we really need it now. No knock on the player, just doesn't make sense for us.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Chojin
Tiny Panger...

Not even close to fair value. I really don't get all the hype surrounding Couturier.

Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 04:20 PM
PropJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
We are not willing to break up our defense that we just finally put in place at the trade deadline makes us overvalue our players? We have specific needs if we are not addresses these needs makes us overvalue our players?

We are fine trading our players if we are filling a need upgrading our NHL roster. Most of the time the offers don't fill a single need for us. Come on use some common sense.
It's just been my experience that Blues fans have been completely unwilling to move anyone in any deal. This is a trade proposal forum and every time a trade comes up involving Shattenkirk I see hordes of Blues fans simply responding "he's not getting moved." Wayne Gretzky got traded. No one is unmovable. Especially a 1st pairing defenseman on a team that has a surplus of them and has their entire young core moving towards restricted free agency. Not to mention a team that really struggles to score. I'm not saying that Couturier is fair value for Shattenkirk or that he has proven that he can help the least bit scoring-wise.

All I'm saying is that Blues fans and all fans in general (including Flyers fans) should be willing to work towards proposals that provide fair value. That's the purpose of the forum, it's not to shoot down deals immediately that could represent fair value. If someone wants Pietrangelo tell them they need to give up Giroux. That's more effective than always replying with "he's not available." That just takes the fun out of it.

PropJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 04:24 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropJoe View Post
It's just been my experience that Blues fans have been completely unwilling to move anyone in any deal. This is a trade proposal forum and every time a trade comes up involving Shattenkirk I see hordes of Blues fans simply responding "he's not getting moved." Wayne Gretzky got traded. No one is unmovable. Especially a 1st pairing defenseman on a team that has a surplus of them and has their entire young core moving towards restricted free agency. Not to mention a team that really struggles to score. I'm not saying that Couturier is fair value for Shattenkirk or that he has proven that he can help the least bit scoring-wise.

All I'm saying is that Blues fans and all fans in general (including Flyers fans) should be willing to work towards proposals that provide fair value. Zzz
What Blues fans should be doing is finding deals that fill our needs with out weakening the team. Philly can't do that for us, but we have agreed to deals with San Jose, Colorado, and Montreal with respect to centers and we also agreed to deals with Calgary for the LHD hole.

Old
06-19-2013, 04:37 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:

All I'm saying is that Blues fans and all fans in general (including Flyers fans) should be willing to work towards proposals that provide fair value. That's the purpose of the forum, it's not to shoot down deals immediately that could represent fair value. If someone wants Pietrangelo tell them they need to give up Giroux. That's more effective than always replying with "he's not available." That just takes the fun out of it.
So because we don't make ridiculous trade proposals and go into every proposal thread about how we are going to offersheet that player that makes us unwilling fans?

Our team is fine where it is, we really don't have to make our team any better. If we do it will be slight tweaks. We know Shattenkirk won't be moved because we just had our defense set, let us wait to use it for a full season.

And just because it fits your teams needs and the other fan base doesn't agree on it because it may or may not help them, there is no reason to be upset.

Bluesman91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:35 AM
KJS14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
You are aware there has been a grand total of one offer sheet that wasn't matched in the past fifteen years, right?
Do people realize that offer sheets are a way to get teams to overpay for players? Worst-case scenario the Blues match the offer sheet and end up paying more for Shattenkirk/Pietrangelo than they wanted to. Thus they have less cap room to improve their team.

KJS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:40 AM
Fin9*

Couturier + Talbot + Read

Shattenkirk + Cole

Fin9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:41 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:

So you're saying a team that struggles to score should trade and offensive defenceman for a forward that scores less points?

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 03:58 AM
hockeyguy

if the bernier deal falls through and bryz gets moved or bought out any way to add halak to a shatty deal, maybe for the schenns +

hockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 04:18 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS14 View Post
Do people realize that offer sheets are a way to get teams to overpay for players? Worst-case scenario the Blues match the offer sheet and end up paying more for Shattenkirk/Pietrangelo than they wanted to. Thus they have less cap room to improve their team.
Which does nothing for the Flyers since they aren't even in the same conference...

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 05:15 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyguy View Post
if the bernier deal falls through and bryz gets moved or bought out any way to add halak to a shatty deal, maybe for the schenns +
Yes, that sounds great!
Doubt much Philly fans would want that too since you already have plenty offensive d-men

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote