HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Henrik Lundqvist; will he stay or go?

Old
06-19-2013, 01:48 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood9 View Post
"Veteran agent Don Meehan expects to meet with Rangers GM Glen Sather in New York/New Jersey the week of the draft to talk extension on star goalie Henrik Lundqvist. That’s going to be an expensive re-sign. "

Just read this on lebruns rumblings on espn. Hopefully a new contract soon
He'll probably get 8.5-9+ considering the contract Malkin signed recently.

The best player at their respective position controls the market.

Lundqvists contract will be the barometer when cap continues to rise.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 04:15 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
He'll probably get 8.5-9+ considering the contract Malkin signed recently.

The best player at their respective position controls the market.

Lundqvists contract will be the barometer when cap continues to rise.
Goalies are different, they have a much smaller market. I think it could be anything between 7-8M depending on term.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 06:45 AM
Blueblood9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Goalies are different, they have a much smaller market. I think it could be anything between 7-8M depending on term.
i think its gonna be a longer term lower money contract im hoping 8yrs in the 6.75 to 7 mil range. that gives him a raise and the highest aav as a goalie which might be important to him who knows.

Blueblood9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:22 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...xi3Ia6Pc7vJlGM

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
Big surprise, he was just still pissed about LOSING days after LOSING and the idiots in the media and the fanbase read way too much into it and assumed it was anger with the coach. Because everything always is the coach.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:22 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Big surprise, he was just still pissed about LOSING days after LOSING and the idiots in the media and the fanbase read way too much into it and assumed it was anger with the coach. Because everything always is the coach.
Does this negate the "It was Torts or Lundqvist" bs? I really want to know who "made the decision" for Glen.

stan the caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
Does this negate the "It was Torts or Lundqvist" bs? I really want to know who "made the decision" for Glen.
You would think it should, but when have facts stopped people before?

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:01 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
You would think it should, but when have facts stopped people before?
They'll tell you that his "I had a great time here" comment clearly meant that he wouldn't return because of the coach and that his most recent e-mails are blatent lies.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:08 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
You two are the best at putting words in people's mouths.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:15 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
You two are the best at putting words in people's mouths.
Hey, I never spun the "I had a great time here comment" into "Lundqvist was clearly angry with Torts and wanted him gone". Those people are the best at putting words into people's mouths. I call them the press.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:17 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Hey, I never spun the "I had a great time here comment" into "Lundqvist was clearly angry with Torts and wanted him gone". Those people are the best at putting words into people's mouths. I call them the press.
I don't think that was Elliot Friedman's intentions when he said that "Lundqvist's comments changed everything" I.E, Torts being fired.

Might not have ben Hank's intention, but who knows how Sather and co. read into it?

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:17 PM
haveandare

It's like people blaming Torts for Sather's personnel decisions. Even if Hank DID say something to Sather, which I'm not sure he did, it's Sathers job to fire/hire coaches. Sather has to pick up the phone and make the move. For a forum that hates on the guy so hard, people are often pretty quick to weasel him away from the decisions that are part of his job. Playres that come and go are on him. Coaches that come and go are on him. He's the boss. He makes the call.

haveandare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:20 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I don't think that was Elliot Friedman's intentions when he said that "Lundqvist's comments changed everything" I.E, Torts being fired.

Might not have ben Hank's intention, but who knows how Sather and co. read into it?
According to the media "some" players came forward and voiced their displeasure with the coach. Of course, we have absolutely no idea who they are and according to Lundqvist, he wasn't one of them.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:23 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
It's like people blaming Torts for Sather's personnel decisions. Even if Hank DID say something to Sather, which I'm not sure he did, it's Sathers job to fire/hire coaches. Sather has to pick up the phone and make the move. For a forum that hates on the guy so hard, people are often pretty quick to weasel him away from the decisions that are part of his job. Playres that come and go are on him. Coaches that come and go are on him. He's the boss. He makes the call.
I understand that he's the boss and it's his call but he's 100% hidden behind the players on this one. He stated that he had no intention of firing Tortorella and he made the decision because of the players. He's also placed a good chunk of the AV hiring on the players as well. Teflon GM.

Old
06-19-2013, 07:49 PM
Baby Punisher

Lundqvist knew what he was doing when he made those comments. It may have not been the outcome he wanted, but that's what happened.

Baby Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
According to the media "some" players came forward and voiced their displeasure with the coach. Of course, we have absolutely no idea who they are and according to Lundqvist, he wasn't one of them.
Yep.

It's what I was trying to say a week or so ago. We still haven't seen any quotes from (current) players pointing the finger at Torts.

Sounds to me like it's another case of media and bloggers turning a molehill into a mountain yet again.

*sigh* remember the days when society actually had journalistic standards and integrity? Seems so long ago now (not just regarding hockey, but all news media).

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:44 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
I don't think the players directly complained to Sather--he's old school and wouldn't listen to it. But, Sather does talk to agents and no doubt they had a lot to say to say on the subject to him.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:25 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
I don't think the players directly complained to Sather--he's old school and wouldn't listen to it. But, Sather does talk to agents and no doubt they had a lot to say to say on the subject to him.
It's all just speculation at this point. It's amazing. Evryone is convinced that something happened and there's no real proof to any of it.

Old
06-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
It's all just speculation at this point. It's amazing. Evryone is convinced that something happened and there's no real proof to any of it.
Well, SOMETHING definitely happened...Tortorella got fired. If someone (or more than one) did convince Sather that had to happen, there will NEVER be proof...there never is in these type of situations.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Crazed Beaver

vCash: 844
Hank is a top five goalie which can't be argued. However, I think torts system definitely helped pad his stats. Biron has impressive numbers as well. Point being when and if we open things up he won't be quite so god like and we might regret a 9 m per contract. Given the opportunities for him to cash in on advertising and etc I think 8 m should be the max the rangers go. Rather see him get 8 yrs @ 7.5 then 5 at 9. We need that cap space and i think Hank knows it and won't hamstring the team.

As far as his comments go IMO Hank knew exactly how his statement would be perceived. Why else would he choose those words? He is a calculated man in his interviews and he is a straight shooter. He should be the captain and I think regardless of the fallout torts had to go. If Hank ran torts out of town then I say hells yeah!

Crazed Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 10:29 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
According to a source with knowledge of the negotiations between Tuukka Rask and the Boston Bruins, the six-year, $39 million contract the Canadiens gave Carey Price “is the starting point for negotiations” with Rask and agent Bill Zito. That means Rask will be commanding at least $6.5 million per season moving forward.
http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...ars-39-million

Will be interesting to see how much Rask actually gets. I would expect that Lundqvist and Meehan would want richer. Hank and Rangers would probably look to do 8 years, too one would think.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 06:22 PM
GreggTheKeg*

The King wants a ring will be his deciding factor.

GreggTheKeg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 06:54 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...ars-39-million

Will be interesting to see how much Rask actually gets. I would expect that Lundqvist and Meehan would want richer. Hank and Rangers would probably look to do 8 years, too one would think.
The Bruins have some leverage with Rask. It doesn't help his cause that he imploded in the final seconds of game 6. It wouldn't shock me if he only get's a 3-4 deal at $5 million py.

As far as Lundqvist goes, i've said it before I will say it again if he is going to want a max deal or even somthing close to a max deal than Sather has to deal him. It wouldn't be the first time Sather has traded away a star play (Gretzky anyone). One player can not handcuff the franchise for years to come in a cap era & expect to have a winning team built around him & expect to compete for a Cup every year.

Baby Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 07:59 PM
bigbuffalo313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
The Bruins have some leverage with Rask. It doesn't help his cause that he imploded in the final seconds of game 6. It wouldn't shock me if he only get's a 3-4 deal at $5 million py.

As far as Lundqvist goes, i've said it before I will say it again if he is going to want a max deal or even somthing close to a max deal than Sather has to deal him. It wouldn't be the first time Sather has traded away a star play (Gretzky anyone). One player can not handcuff the franchise for years to come in a cap era & expect to have a winning team built around him & expect to compete for a Cup every year.
As much as I would agree with the last statement, Sather would probably give the money to some ufa who will decline within two years.

bigbuffalo313 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2013, 08:32 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

I don't think Sather will trade Lundqvist, he'll find a deal that both sides can live with--even if some posters find it outrageous. Lundqvist is the basis of whatever success Sather has had as Ranger GM.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote