HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2013, 07:56 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
Not to waste anyone's hopes, but i'm kind of shocked to read this widespread exciment about getting kitsyn back.

I've never understood what the buzz was/is about him, still young so one would guess there is still some hope, but he has been very mediocre for like 3 or 4 yrs now.

Prokhorkin is the Russian guy to have hopes for.
He isn't going to be a star, but I think he'll be similar to a Jarrett Stoll (on the wing). Capable of chipping in some goals, 30ish points per season and can dig in the corners and big a solid, thick bodied presence. Maybe a less talented Michal Handzus would be a better example?

Assuming his development wasn't irreversably stalled in Russia, he should be a good third line presence.

Old
06-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
He isn't going to be a star, but I think he'll be similar to a Jarrett Stoll (on the wing). Capable of chipping in some goals, 30ish points per season and can dig in the corners and big a solid, thick bodied presence. Maybe a less talented Michal Handzus would be a better example?

Assuming his development wasn't irreversably stalled in Russia, he should be a good third line presence.
Well, Prokhorkin just led his team in goals in the playoffs, with 3.
He outscored teammate Alexander Radulov in goals. Not too shabby.

Playoff stats: notice he was plus 4, which was also a team high.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl_po.php?tid=5039

and Prokhorkin's profile:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...35&encode=TRUE

Old
06-01-2013, 10:22 PM
Peter James Bond

Jere Karalahti still playing at 38 years old? And crazier, he has played
the last 2 seasons in Russia and was #3 in the league in penalty minutes! And Trevor Gillies was 4th. lol.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/t...3&leaguenm=KHL

Look at Jere's career. Nutts. He averaged about 150 PIM every year
and in apx 50 games played.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=15588

For the hellofit, I checked out to see how Lauri Tukonen was doing.
Not horrible.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=76155

Old
06-01-2013, 10:26 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
I'd have still signed him. Our goalie depth is thin if Bernier gets dealt.
Gibson wouldn't really do much for that depth. And I've already said even before Gibson not getting a contract came out that I thought we should draft a goalie this year.

As for Puck U replying to me, you've joined the long list that is my ignore list. So have fun trying to chirp me at every ****ing post.

Old
06-01-2013, 10:32 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Gibson wouldn't really do much for that depth. And I've already said even before Gibson not getting a contract came out that I thought we should draft a goalie this year.

As for Puck U replying to me, you've joined the long list that is my ignore list. So have fun trying to chirp me at every ****ing post.
Can you no longer see GDT's now?!?!?!? That would be hilarious if so....

Old
06-01-2013, 10:36 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Can you no longer see GDT's now?!?!?!? That would be hilarious if so....
I see the threads but not the OP, which I don't really care much about losing. Not going to chirp Puck's GDTs but I don't read them anymore and I don't really post here unless it's on this board and to be honest, the main reason I even post here is because I deeply value guys like TG and Holden. Love their opinions, even when they're different than mine.

Old
06-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

vCash: 50
told by mutual acquaintance that Max Kitsyn is definitely coming over to participate in rookie camp and is eager to play in the AHL.

Old
06-11-2013, 02:26 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

That's great news!

Old
06-11-2013, 02:33 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Its great news. Its old news by a couple of weeks but it is great news indeed.

Old
06-11-2013, 02:37 PM
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Its great news. Its old news by a couple of weeks but it is great news indeed.
he got his flight sorted today, thought you could use an update

Old
06-11-2013, 06:15 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Appreciate the update. Credit to Tonelli though for calling it weeks ago. Now let's just hope you're right about him.

Old
06-11-2013, 11:25 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
he got his flight sorted today, thought you could use an update
Completely sorry for sounding like such a Richard. I meant to use a and forgot.

My bad completely. Thanks for the news and anything else you want to pass along.

Sorry about that.

Old
06-12-2013, 01:49 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Well, Prokhorkin just led his team in goals in the playoffs, with 3.
He outscored teammate Alexander Radulov in goals. Not too shabby.

Playoff stats: notice he was plus 4, which was also a team high.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl_po.php?tid=5039

and Prokhorkin's profile:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...35&encode=TRUE
Yeah, not really comparing Porkins and Kitsyn. They are their own players. Hopefully Kitsyn can put in two good years in manchester and make the jump.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:19 PM
no name

Quote:
I see the threads but not the OP, which I don't really care much about losing. Not going to chirp Puck's GDTs but I don't read them anymore and I don't really post here unless it's on this board and to be honest, the main reason I even post here is because I deeply value guys like TG and Holden. Love their opinions, even when they're different than mine.
Youve made a career of disrespecting people, screaming in gdt's and being overwhelming. When someone says something you advertise that you are blocking them and put on a proper demeanor. When you have a laundry list of you not liking people and them not liking you i can understand why you dont like it here.

Take it from me. I spent my early 20's getting off on pissing people off on message boards. Its overwhelming and you dont live it down.

Old
06-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Damassk

How do you think, who will play in the AHL next season? Roach? Miller? Gravel (better stay in St.Claude)?

Old
06-18-2013, 05:39 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damassk View Post
How do you think, who will play in the AHL next season? Roach? Miller? Gravel (better stay in St.Claude)?
I think Roach goes back for another year in Calgary, Miller I believe aged out, no? I think he'd be the one of the three to go as Gravel would have signed by now if he was going to go pro, I believe. I'd have liked Gravel to go pro, as I've said in other places, but it's not the biggest mistake in the world for him to stay for another year.

Old
06-18-2013, 07:02 PM
David Strorm
@ControlPuck

Quote:
I think Roach goes back for another year in Calgary, Miller I believe aged out, no? I think he'd be the one of the three to go as Gravel would have signed by now if he was going to go pro, I believe. I'd have liked Gravel to go pro, as I've said in other places, but it's not the biggest mistake in the world for him to stay for another year.
Miller is done in the OHL. Roach should stay, and hell I think we've got enough D in Manchester that Gravel can stay another year.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:42 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlPuck View Post
Miller is done in the OHL. Roach should stay, and hell I think we've got enough D in Manchester that Gravel can stay another year.
There really isn't much depth in Manchester anymore. You've got Campbell, Deslauriers, and Forbort under contract and likely there (unless Campbell gets grabbed off waivers.) Miller should be signing a 1 year deal with the Monarchs to play there since LA has his rights through this year. Then there is Bodnarchuk and Kolomatis who both need to be qualified and re-signed... Kolomatis is doubtful considering he's been healthy the past two seasons and not recieved a callup even as one of the Black Aces. Bodnarchuk may be re-signed but again could be lost to waivers if he's sent to Manchester.

Beyond that the Monarchs would be looking at guys like Rodney, Huxley, and LoVerde to shore up the defense, but at that point I'd rather see the take a couple of older college or CHL players (or Europeans) and have them sign AHL contracts and get development time... What little depth there is could be gone quickly if either Campbell or Bodnarchuk get claimed and I think they need to have Roach in either the AHL or ECHL after the season he just had in Juniors.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:54 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
There really isn't much depth in Manchester anymore. You've got Campbell, Deslauriers, and Forbort under contract and likely there (unless Campbell gets grabbed off waivers.) Miller should be signing a 1 year deal with the Monarchs to play there since LA has his rights through this year. Then there is Bodnarchuk and Kolomatis who both need to be qualified and re-signed... Kolomatis is doubtful considering he's been healthy the past two seasons and not recieved a callup even as one of the Black Aces. Bodnarchuk may be re-signed but again could be lost to waivers if he's sent to Manchester.

Beyond that the Monarchs would be looking at guys like Rodney, Huxley, and LoVerde to shore up the defense, but at that point I'd rather see the take a couple of older college or CHL players (or Europeans) and have them sign AHL contracts and get development time... What little depth there is could be gone quickly if either Campbell or Bodnarchuk get claimed and I think they need to have Roach in either the AHL or ECHL after the season he just had in Juniors.
I believe Kolomatis and Bodnarchuk will both be brought back. And in an ideal world, Ellerby would be waived. If he doesn't clear, then whatever. If he does, Mark Morris can do a lot to work with him in a lower pressure system to try and bring out the potential he had being such a high pick.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:57 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
I believe Kolomatis and Bodnarchuk will both be brought back. And in an ideal world, Ellerby would be waived. If he doesn't clear, then whatever. If he does, Mark Morris can do a lot to work with him in a lower pressure system to try and bring out the potential he had being such a high pick.
Rather keep Ellerby as the 7th D and see if he can be developed like Drewiske.

Old
06-19-2013, 02:59 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Rather keep Ellerby as the 7th D and see if he can be developed like Drewiske.
If he's on the team, he's our 8th dman. I don't expect Marty or Muzz to be traded.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:07 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
If he's on the team, he's our 8th dman. I don't expect Marty or Muzz to be traded.
He's only the 8th if Mitchell is back or Scuds is resigned. I'd be surprised if Scuds is resigned honestly.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:12 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Just can't see Kolomatis being retained after not even getting a callup as one of the Black Aces the past two seasons. I hope I'm worng and that he just wasn't healthy or something... There was a point in 2011 where I thought he was consistently making better decisions and playing at a higher level than Hickey for a long stretch of the season, and I could easily see him as a fill-in should something happen to one of the offensive d-men. I agree with you on Ellerby but I can't see any way that he'd pass through waivers... Somebody like Edmonton, Minnesota, NYI or even a team like New Jersey would take a flyer on him and give him a shot. He was bad, but not AHL level of bad. He's easily a 6th d-man on bottom feeder, or rebuilding team, or even a team with a weaker d-core.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:17 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
He's only the 8th if Mitchell is back or Scuds is resigned. I'd be surprised if Scuds is resigned honestly.
Me too. He has been making noises about not being certain where he wants to play next year and that he thinks wherever it is that he believes it is where he will want to end his career. Not outright but he has made several comments along those lines.

That and I can't see him taking a pay cut at all and if he needs too much more then he is being paid now we would have a very hard time fitting him in.

Old
06-19-2013, 03:18 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Just can't see Kolomatis being retained after not even getting a callup as one of the Black Aces the past two seasons. I hope I'm worng and that he just wasn't healthy or something... There was a point in 2011 where I thought he was consistently making better decisions and playing at a higher level than Hickey for a long stretch of the season, and I could easily see him as a fill-in should something happen to one of the offensive d-men. I agree with you on Ellerby but I can't see any way that he'd pass through waivers... Somebody like Edmonton, Minnesota, NYI or even a team like New Jersey would take a flyer on him and give him a shot. He was bad, but not AHL level of bad. He's easily a 6th d-man on bottom feeder, or rebuilding team, or even a team with a weaker d-core.
I'd have to go look at all the call ups for the black aces but if I recall, we didn't really have a huge group of them two years ago. The only two I remember are Muzzin and Jones. And this past year we did call up a lot but I'm not sure what to read in to that. Kolomatis has been steadily improving and it'd be a shame for him to leave now. And I have to disagree on Ellerby. Even on a bad team, he'd still be a bad defenseman at this point. He's just not very good at anything besides skating. Sure a team might claim him but even if they do, it really isn't a big loss.

Closed Thread