HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-01-2013, 07:56 PM
  #601
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
Not to waste anyone's hopes, but i'm kind of shocked to read this widespread exciment about getting kitsyn back.

I've never understood what the buzz was/is about him, still young so one would guess there is still some hope, but he has been very mediocre for like 3 or 4 yrs now.

Prokhorkin is the Russian guy to have hopes for.
He isn't going to be a star, but I think he'll be similar to a Jarrett Stoll (on the wing). Capable of chipping in some goals, 30ish points per season and can dig in the corners and big a solid, thick bodied presence. Maybe a less talented Michal Handzus would be a better example?

Assuming his development wasn't irreversably stalled in Russia, he should be a good third line presence.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 09:59 PM
  #602
Peter James Bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
He isn't going to be a star, but I think he'll be similar to a Jarrett Stoll (on the wing). Capable of chipping in some goals, 30ish points per season and can dig in the corners and big a solid, thick bodied presence. Maybe a less talented Michal Handzus would be a better example?

Assuming his development wasn't irreversably stalled in Russia, he should be a good third line presence.
Well, Prokhorkin just led his team in goals in the playoffs, with 3.
He outscored teammate Alexander Radulov in goals. Not too shabby.

Playoff stats: notice he was plus 4, which was also a team high.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl_po.php?tid=5039

and Prokhorkin's profile:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...35&encode=TRUE

Peter James Bond is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 10:22 PM
  #603
Peter James Bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Jere Karalahti still playing at 38 years old? And crazier, he has played
the last 2 seasons in Russia and was #3 in the league in penalty minutes! And Trevor Gillies was 4th. lol.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/t...3&leaguenm=KHL

Look at Jere's career. Nutts. He averaged about 150 PIM every year
and in apx 50 games played.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=15588

For the hellofit, I checked out to see how Lauri Tukonen was doing.
Not horrible.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=76155

Peter James Bond is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 10:26 PM
  #604
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,241
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I'd have still signed him. Our goalie depth is thin if Bernier gets dealt.
Gibson wouldn't really do much for that depth. And I've already said even before Gibson not getting a contract came out that I thought we should draft a goalie this year.

As for Puck U replying to me, you've joined the long list that is my ignore list. So have fun trying to chirp me at every ****ing post.

CNS is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 10:32 PM
  #605
KingLB
Registered User
 
KingLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 7,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Gibson wouldn't really do much for that depth. And I've already said even before Gibson not getting a contract came out that I thought we should draft a goalie this year.

As for Puck U replying to me, you've joined the long list that is my ignore list. So have fun trying to chirp me at every ****ing post.
Can you no longer see GDT's now?!?!?!? That would be hilarious if so....

KingLB is offline  
Old
06-01-2013, 10:36 PM
  #606
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,241
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Can you no longer see GDT's now?!?!?!? That would be hilarious if so....
I see the threads but not the OP, which I don't really care much about losing. Not going to chirp Puck's GDTs but I don't read them anymore and I don't really post here unless it's on this board and to be honest, the main reason I even post here is because I deeply value guys like TG and Holden. Love their opinions, even when they're different than mine.

CNS is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 02:13 PM
  #607
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра
 
Comrade Blunderbore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: КПЗ
Country: New Zealand-Maori
Posts: 1,710
vCash: 50
told by mutual acquaintance that Max Kitsyn is definitely coming over to participate in rookie camp and is eager to play in the AHL.

Comrade Blunderbore is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 02:26 PM
  #608
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,005
vCash: 500
That's great news!

King'sPawn is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 02:33 PM
  #609
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Its great news. Its old news by a couple of weeks but it is great news indeed.

etherialone is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 02:37 PM
  #610
Comrade Blunderbore
Генерал Файлюра
 
Comrade Blunderbore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: КПЗ
Country: New Zealand-Maori
Posts: 1,710
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Its great news. Its old news by a couple of weeks but it is great news indeed.
he got his flight sorted today, thought you could use an update

Comrade Blunderbore is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 06:15 PM
  #611
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,241
vCash: 672
Appreciate the update. Credit to Tonelli though for calling it weeks ago. Now let's just hope you're right about him.

CNS is offline  
Old
06-11-2013, 11:25 PM
  #612
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunderbore View Post
he got his flight sorted today, thought you could use an update
Completely sorry for sounding like such a Richard. I meant to use a and forgot.

My bad completely. Thanks for the news and anything else you want to pass along.

Sorry about that.

etherialone is offline  
Old
06-12-2013, 01:49 PM
  #613
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Well, Prokhorkin just led his team in goals in the playoffs, with 3.
He outscored teammate Alexander Radulov in goals. Not too shabby.

Playoff stats: notice he was plus 4, which was also a team high.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl_po.php?tid=5039

and Prokhorkin's profile:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...35&encode=TRUE
Yeah, not really comparing Porkins and Kitsyn. They are their own players. Hopefully Kitsyn can put in two good years in manchester and make the jump.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
06-13-2013, 07:19 PM
  #614
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,742
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I see the threads but not the OP, which I don't really care much about losing. Not going to chirp Puck's GDTs but I don't read them anymore and I don't really post here unless it's on this board and to be honest, the main reason I even post here is because I deeply value guys like TG and Holden. Love their opinions, even when they're different than mine.
Youve made a career of disrespecting people, screaming in gdt's and being overwhelming. When someone says something you advertise that you are blocking them and put on a proper demeanor. When you have a laundry list of you not liking people and them not liking you i can understand why you dont like it here.

Take it from me. I spent my early 20's getting off on pissing people off on message boards. Its overwhelming and you dont live it down.

no name is offline  
Old
06-18-2013, 12:52 PM
  #615
Damassk
Registered User
 
Damassk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 35
vCash: 500
How do you think, who will play in the AHL next season? Roach? Miller? Gravel (better stay in St.Claude)?

Damassk is offline  
Old
06-18-2013, 05:39 PM
  #616
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,241
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damassk View Post
How do you think, who will play in the AHL next season? Roach? Miller? Gravel (better stay in St.Claude)?
I think Roach goes back for another year in Calgary, Miller I believe aged out, no? I think he'd be the one of the three to go as Gravel would have signed by now if he was going to go pro, I believe. I'd have liked Gravel to go pro, as I've said in other places, but it's not the biggest mistake in the world for him to stay for another year.

CNS is offline  
Old
06-18-2013, 07:02 PM
  #617
David Strorm
@ControlPuck
 
David Strorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I think Roach goes back for another year in Calgary, Miller I believe aged out, no? I think he'd be the one of the three to go as Gravel would have signed by now if he was going to go pro, I believe. I'd have liked Gravel to go pro, as I've said in other places, but it's not the biggest mistake in the world for him to stay for another year.
Miller is done in the OHL. Roach should stay, and hell I think we've got enough D in Manchester that Gravel can stay another year.

David Strorm is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 02:42 PM
  #618
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlPuck View Post
Miller is done in the OHL. Roach should stay, and hell I think we've got enough D in Manchester that Gravel can stay another year.
There really isn't much depth in Manchester anymore. You've got Campbell, Deslauriers, and Forbort under contract and likely there (unless Campbell gets grabbed off waivers.) Miller should be signing a 1 year deal with the Monarchs to play there since LA has his rights through this year. Then there is Bodnarchuk and Kolomatis who both need to be qualified and re-signed... Kolomatis is doubtful considering he's been healthy the past two seasons and not recieved a callup even as one of the Black Aces. Bodnarchuk may be re-signed but again could be lost to waivers if he's sent to Manchester.

Beyond that the Monarchs would be looking at guys like Rodney, Huxley, and LoVerde to shore up the defense, but at that point I'd rather see the take a couple of older college or CHL players (or Europeans) and have them sign AHL contracts and get development time... What little depth there is could be gone quickly if either Campbell or Bodnarchuk get claimed and I think they need to have Roach in either the AHL or ECHL after the season he just had in Juniors.

tigermask48 is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 02:54 PM
  #619
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,241
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
There really isn't much depth in Manchester anymore. You've got Campbell, Deslauriers, and Forbort under contract and likely there (unless Campbell gets grabbed off waivers.) Miller should be signing a 1 year deal with the Monarchs to play there since LA has his rights through this year. Then there is Bodnarchuk and Kolomatis who both need to be qualified and re-signed... Kolomatis is doubtful considering he's been healthy the past two seasons and not recieved a callup even as one of the Black Aces. Bodnarchuk may be re-signed but again could be lost to waivers if he's sent to Manchester.

Beyond that the Monarchs would be looking at guys like Rodney, Huxley, and LoVerde to shore up the defense, but at that point I'd rather see the take a couple of older college or CHL players (or Europeans) and have them sign AHL contracts and get development time... What little depth there is could be gone quickly if either Campbell or Bodnarchuk get claimed and I think they need to have Roach in either the AHL or ECHL after the season he just had in Juniors.
I believe Kolomatis and Bodnarchuk will both be brought back. And in an ideal world, Ellerby would be waived. If he doesn't clear, then whatever. If he does, Mark Morris can do a lot to work with him in a lower pressure system to try and bring out the potential he had being such a high pick.

CNS is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 02:57 PM
  #620
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I believe Kolomatis and Bodnarchuk will both be brought back. And in an ideal world, Ellerby would be waived. If he doesn't clear, then whatever. If he does, Mark Morris can do a lot to work with him in a lower pressure system to try and bring out the potential he had being such a high pick.
Rather keep Ellerby as the 7th D and see if he can be developed like Drewiske.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 02:59 PM
  #621
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,241
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Rather keep Ellerby as the 7th D and see if he can be developed like Drewiske.
If he's on the team, he's our 8th dman. I don't expect Marty or Muzz to be traded.

CNS is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 03:07 PM
  #622
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
If he's on the team, he's our 8th dman. I don't expect Marty or Muzz to be traded.
He's only the 8th if Mitchell is back or Scuds is resigned. I'd be surprised if Scuds is resigned honestly.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 03:12 PM
  #623
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh
 
tigermask48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 2,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I believe Kolomatis and Bodnarchuk will both be brought back. And in an ideal world, Ellerby would be waived. If he doesn't clear, then whatever. If he does, Mark Morris can do a lot to work with him in a lower pressure system to try and bring out the potential he had being such a high pick.
Just can't see Kolomatis being retained after not even getting a callup as one of the Black Aces the past two seasons. I hope I'm worng and that he just wasn't healthy or something... There was a point in 2011 where I thought he was consistently making better decisions and playing at a higher level than Hickey for a long stretch of the season, and I could easily see him as a fill-in should something happen to one of the offensive d-men. I agree with you on Ellerby but I can't see any way that he'd pass through waivers... Somebody like Edmonton, Minnesota, NYI or even a team like New Jersey would take a flyer on him and give him a shot. He was bad, but not AHL level of bad. He's easily a 6th d-man on bottom feeder, or rebuilding team, or even a team with a weaker d-core.

tigermask48 is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 03:17 PM
  #624
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
He's only the 8th if Mitchell is back or Scuds is resigned. I'd be surprised if Scuds is resigned honestly.
Me too. He has been making noises about not being certain where he wants to play next year and that he thinks wherever it is that he believes it is where he will want to end his career. Not outright but he has made several comments along those lines.

That and I can't see him taking a pay cut at all and if he needs too much more then he is being paid now we would have a very hard time fitting him in.

etherialone is offline  
Old
06-19-2013, 03:18 PM
  #625
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,241
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Just can't see Kolomatis being retained after not even getting a callup as one of the Black Aces the past two seasons. I hope I'm worng and that he just wasn't healthy or something... There was a point in 2011 where I thought he was consistently making better decisions and playing at a higher level than Hickey for a long stretch of the season, and I could easily see him as a fill-in should something happen to one of the offensive d-men. I agree with you on Ellerby but I can't see any way that he'd pass through waivers... Somebody like Edmonton, Minnesota, NYI or even a team like New Jersey would take a flyer on him and give him a shot. He was bad, but not AHL level of bad. He's easily a 6th d-man on bottom feeder, or rebuilding team, or even a team with a weaker d-core.
I'd have to go look at all the call ups for the black aces but if I recall, we didn't really have a huge group of them two years ago. The only two I remember are Muzzin and Jones. And this past year we did call up a lot but I'm not sure what to read in to that. Kolomatis has been steadily improving and it'd be a shame for him to leave now. And I have to disagree on Ellerby. Even on a bad team, he'd still be a bad defenseman at this point. He's just not very good at anything besides skating. Sure a team might claim him but even if they do, it really isn't a big loss.

CNS is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.