HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

EHM 07 - Part 10: Happy to stay at the team

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2013, 04:57 PM
  #51
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
what a name...
Stats ain't bad though..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 10:14 AM
  #52
Marns
@SH_Hockey
 
Marns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,167
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Sadly they are the guys to talk to too.
Do you (or anyone else) happen to have an email that seems to be working. I've tried this one (marc.duffy@sigames.com) a couple of times now, but no response.

Marns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 11:44 AM
  #53
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marns View Post
Do you (or anyone else) happen to have an email that seems to be working. I've tried this one (marc.duffy@sigames.com) a couple of times now, but no response.
The game's almost 8 years old. It stopped being supported years ago. You might get lucky and get a response, but I doubt it. If you're having technical issues, your best bet is to go to TBL and read-up and see what you can find.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 01:13 AM
  #54
plaaplaa72
Registered User
 
plaaplaa72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to plaaplaa72

Just wondering that could this guy be a regen of anyone?
He's a lot like Karlsson but he hasn't retired yet so he can't be a regen of him.

He's ranked #3 Overall for the 2016 NHL Entry Draft

plaaplaa72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 06:24 AM
  #55
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,244
vCash: 500
All players not in the start-up database are regens.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:50 PM
  #56
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
All players not in the start-up database are regens.
Including all the Lidas/Manimal rosters ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 03:59 PM
  #57
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,659
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaaplaa72 View Post
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps10fcdac4.jpg

Just wondering that could this guy be a regen of anyone?
He's a lot like Karlsson but he hasn't retired yet so he can't be a regen of him.

He's ranked #3 Overall for the 2016 NHL Entry Draft
Johan Åkerman.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2013, 05:04 PM
  #58
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
My CSD patch don't work. When I want to start it, I get message that program doesn't respond. I run it as administrator, same problem. Please help :/

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 11:53 AM
  #59
Sanderson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 4,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Including all the Lidas/Manimal rosters ?
Regen just means that a player gets recycled (or better: regenerated, thus 'regen') out of a player that just retired. You have the players in the database, and everytime one of them retires he is turned into a new young player again, taking some core elements of his prior version with him.

A regen isn't something special, it is the principle behind player creation. By using the same pool of players again and again, you make sure that the talent level stays about the same all the time. A player's potential can move in a certain range, but there are no drastic changes. That kind of system makes sure that every level has the amount of talent it should have and you don't experience an explosion in talent or end up with only players who aren't even good enough for major juniors. Every player gets regenerated in the same way, regardless of whether it is Crosby or a player who retires at age 16 because he's too bad to make it any further.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2013, 03:04 PM
  #60
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
Regen just means that a player gets recycled (or better: regenerated, thus 'regen') out of a player that just retired. You have the players in the database, and everytime one of them retires he is turned into a new young player again, taking some core elements of his prior version with him.

A regen isn't something special, it is the principle behind player creation. By using the same pool of players again and again, you make sure that the talent level stays about the same all the time. A player's potential can move in a certain range, but there are no drastic changes. That kind of system makes sure that every level has the amount of talent it should have and you don't experience an explosion in talent or end up with only players who aren't even good enough for major juniors. Every player gets regenerated in the same way, regardless of whether it is Crosby or a player who retires at age 16 because he's too bad to make it any further.
Thanks, makes sense.

I was always curious what happened later on.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2013, 09:00 PM
  #61
18Hossa
Registered User
 
18Hossa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 232
Although rarely you will find a random guy with good potential.

18Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 08:28 AM
  #62
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,406
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Silfverberg View Post
Although rarely you will find a random guy with good potential.
Rare is the right word but it's not impossible. I drafted a guy in the 6th or 7th round who was a solid 1st line RWer (I'm talking 90+ point seasons).

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 12:24 PM
  #63
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country
 
Systemfel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,659
vCash: 50
My Shea Weber regen just scored 40 goals, 25 on the PP. First time I've gotten a D to get 40. The top PP unit features him and the regens of Letang, Iginla, Tavares and Crosby.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 01:17 PM
  #64
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,406
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
My Shea Weber regen just scored 40 goals, 25 on the PP. First time I've gotten a D to get 40. The top PP unit features him and the regens of Letang, Iginla, Tavares and Crosby.
That's sick! I will try and remember to check my mainfile later and see what I've managed to do with d-men.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 01:47 PM
  #65
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
After long time I started a new game with Senators. One question regarding their farm team Binghampton, they are in ECHL, will that affect progress of my prospects ? I mean, ECHL is weaker than AHL of course, so... :/

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:32 AM
  #66
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
After long time I started a new game with Senators. One question regarding their farm team Binghampton, they are in ECHL, will that affect progress of my prospects ? I mean, ECHL is weaker than AHL of course, so... :/
IMO no. You have to know, its a numbers game. Every player has his own potential, expressed in some number. Lets say when he has potential 150 (that is a hidden attribute), he will be always very good player. It doesn't matter, where he will play at the beginning. This potential will push his attributes above.
If you draft some guy in 1. round and he has potential 60, no matter what you do, he will never be a NHL player.

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:37 AM
  #67
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
IMO no. You have to know, its a numbers game. Every player has his own potential, expressed in some number. Lets say when he has potential 150 (that is a hidden attribute), he will be always very good player. It doesn't matter, where he will play at the beginning. This potential will push his attributes above.
If you draft some guy in 1. round and he has potential 60, no matter what you do, he will never be a NHL player.
Thanks on this answer. And is it possible to see that hidden atribute ?


Last edited by ficohok*: 06-19-2013 at 03:46 AM.
ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:17 AM
  #68
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,406
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Thanks on this answer. And is it possible to see that hidden atribute ?
If you have the saved-game editor, yes!

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:15 AM
  #69
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
If you have the saved-game editor, yes!
Where I can download it ?

EDIT: found...


Last edited by ficohok*: 06-19-2013 at 09:34 AM.
ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 05:15 PM
  #70
Lazea
Registered User
 
Lazea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 110
vCash: 500

Lazea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:13 AM
  #71
alko
Registered User
 
alko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazea View Post
what so special here?

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 04:57 AM
  #72
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
what so special here?
Well, he beat up arch-rival

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:25 AM
  #73
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazea View Post

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:14 AM
  #74
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,406
vCash: 50
Thank you Richie

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:34 AM
  #75
Treb
Registered User
 
Treb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
That Carpentier guy is good, 12 points in 1 game

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.