HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rivet-Dandenault injury... Happy to see Streit.

Old
10-15-2006, 02:15 PM
GSK*

vCash: 500
Rivet-Dandenault injury... Happy to see Streit.

I'd be happy to see Mark Streit first game of the season. Why? Because in the pre-season and training camp he was good defenceman and right now I think that should help the powerplay.

I would like to see him on the first unit with Andrei Markov, Sheldon good a pretty hard shot, but yesterday he was not using it.

What your thought ?

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 02:25 PM
BigTimer*

That he's still as worthless as he was last year because he's still a weak little b*tch.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 02:38 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Could not be worst than Souray and Rivet...

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 02:42 PM
bayrider

Streit wasnt that bad on the point on the PP. He was a helluva lot better than Rivet is. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Streit has one wicked slap shot, he just never uses it!

I think Streit can be something decent if he gets the chance. The olympics were no fluke. He was incredible then and wasnt that bad when he played for us when Bouillon was out near the end of last season.

At the moment, Souray is just a pylon with a slapshot.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 03:09 PM
GSK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayrider View Post
Streit wasnt that bad on the point on the PP. He was a helluva lot better than Rivet is. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but Streit has one wicked slap shot, he just never uses it!

I think Streit can be something decent if he gets the chance. The olympics were no fluke. He was incredible then and wasnt that bad when he played for us when Bouillon was out near the end of last season.

[b]At the moment, Souray is just a pylon with a slapshot.[b]
This is what I'm thinking...Souray is may be a little bit better with slap shot, but like you said Streit got a wicked one, not very far of the Souray's one...And he didn't broke his stick as much then Souray(but yeah its true, we see less Streit, so its may be why).

When we look at Streit plays, he's better a lot better in PP then both Souray and Rivet. I think he can replace Souray, his not so physical at all, he just good for fighting and when he not take a brain cramp every 5 seconds.

Rivet is may be better then Streit, but not on the powerplay for sure.

Right now, when I look at our defence...Markov is still our number one, very good d-men, he was good last night against Ottawa, but nobodys was there for finish it...He just need to more shoot to puck. After him, with the speed and backcheck Dandenault made he deserve his place on the top-6. Craig Rivet is slow, made some errors, but he's hard-worker and in his own isnt so bad. i don't think he'll put up the 35+ pts he did last year, because he don't deserve to be on the PP. Niinimaa is not done like some people was saying. He's better every each game in the habs jersey since the beginning of the season. Can be use on PP. Mike Komisarek, OMG, he was the best habs players yesterday, everybody knows that Komisarek is one of the best hitters and hard hitters of the league, I really good shutdown d-men, but this year he's more implicate in the game, he take decision that I was not welling to do last years, he still got some offensive upside and the greatest a really good skater/speed for his size. (If we can keep Komisarek-Markov, it would be amazing, Komi is already a n.2 d-men).

Francis Bouillon knows what intensity his, he don't give a F8CK if he's 1 feet smaller then others player, he gonna knock off the guys out the puck and hurt him with big hits.

Craig Rivet, when in the game you don't hear his name a lot of time, that says he was pretty gpod...He need to be more intense sometimes, but he deserve the top-6, he's a n.5-6.

I'll put Streit/Cote for the 6-7 spots, Cote can play in the NHL(when he gonna be heathly) and Streit can do a better job then Souray in both zone.

I hope Souray gonna get trade, I don't worry if he stay on the team(just when a offensive foward gonna be 1v1 on him) he can do the job...But for the UFA summers, **** off every of those guys, we need to keep Markov, and it would be fine with the beast Komisarek, Bouillon, Dandenault and may be another players via UFA.

GSK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 03:10 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

I like Streit, give him a chance.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 03:17 PM
Kirk Muller

Streit was that bad last year. He was dominated down low and along the boards. He couldn't make an outlet and coughed up the puck with the slightest bit of forechecking. He was beat wide because he is too weak to keep players to the outside.

He has a slap shot that somehow misses the net more than Sourays. Right now, sadly, he is Montreals only option. Hopefully Rivet and Dandy aren't hurt to bad cause i don't want to see Streit in there too often.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 05:07 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Rivet might play Tuesday, Dandy might not...

Seems more serious in Dandy's case than in Rivet's. Seems that Rivet was feeling much better this morning. .....Sorry french only.....but that's about what it says....

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/215049.html

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 05:09 PM
KaptainKourage*

Shocking.
Rivet might play, but nothing sure.
Dandy might not play, but nothing sure.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKourage View Post
Shocking.
Rivet might play, but nothing sure.
Dandy might not play, but nothing sure.
Well a might play looks way better than a might not.....Means at least than its not long-term for Rivet.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 05:12 PM
KaptainKourage*

Rivet is da iron man. I cant see him missing much game becuz of a puck who hit is leg.

About Dandenault I dont know.. he look like a warrior too. Im not worried much.

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

I think one will play, one won't, but not sure which.

That said, Streit will play against Calgary. Maybe even if they both play just in case.

Although it would be hard to take a guy like Downey out of the line up after a good game last night(by his standards) and the fact that there are some fighters on our opponents.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 05:40 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I don't think either will be long-term...worst case scenario looks like they might miss a couple of games each.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 05:42 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
It kinda sucks because Dandenault has been playing some very good hockey.

He, Niinimaa, and Komisarek have stepped up big time in the wake of slow starts for Souray, Markov, and Rivet.

With these possible injuries, we need Sheldon and Andrei to start playing up to the level we know they're capable of.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Mr. Hab

When is J-P Cote coming back?

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSK View Post
I'd be happy to see Mark Streit first game of the season. Why? Because in the pre-season and training camp he was good defenceman and right now I think that should help the powerplay.

I would like to see him on the first unit with Andrei Markov, Sheldon good a pretty hard shot, but yesterday he was not using it.

What your thought ?

Souray never used his shot because we had a grand total of 2 minutes in PP time last night.

Teams that forcheck hard give streit a real tough time. He is ineffective down low against bigger men. Sure, in the offensive zone, Streit shows promise. But down low in his own end, I dont think there's any light at the end of the tunnel for him to get better. Its just a size, and strength issue to me.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
That he's still as worthless as he was last year because he's still a weak little b*tch.
this board definitely needs an attitude check lately.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Talent Analyst

Streit > Rivet > Côté

I think he's very good at the point and he's very underrate defencively . He's not big , but he can play in the NHL , in a good level too .

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
When is J-P Cote coming back?
I hope very soon!!

I'd like Streit as our #8 defenseman...or not even.
J-P Cote as our #6 or #7.

I would like Streit if he had J-P Cote's size, physical/defensive game, heart...I don't hate Streit but I'm not a huge fan (he's good for the #2 PP unit...). Maybe I should give him a chance!! We'll see him Tuesday...

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 08:07 PM
ryanghg

yeaaaaaaaaaah STREIT POWER

ryanghg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Megaforce

Let's go Streit!

I can't wait to see Streit play again. He lead the Swiss with the genius and invention of Hannibal with Carthigians through the Alps. He's a master of puck control and movement and must be given his due.

His massive ability is a joy to all knowledgeable observers of hockey. Streit's smoothness and fluid movement is a remarkable human phenomon.

Athletic talent is fleeting. Even for the greats, it's a short lived thing. Let's stop wasting this massive talent. Human magic as possessed by players like Streit is a brief-burning wonder of nature.

Outstanding athletic ability is the convex inverse of infirmity and frailty. Such special abilities must be celebrated in the same way as sickness and illness is mourned. The force of life and beauty is also the force of death and sickness. Both are one. Both must be revered.

A talent like Streit's - as personified by the vision, the speed, the accurate passing - is the yin to malady's yang. Let us recognize and validate it with our highest esteem.

As a now legendary 17 year old poet once explained:

The force that through the green fuse drives the flower
Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees
Is my destroyer.
And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose
My youth is bent by the same wintry fever.

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 08:34 PM
ryanghg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
I can't wait to see Streit play again. He lead the Swiss with the genius and invention of Hannibal with Carthigians through the Alps. He's a master of puck control and movement and must be given his due.

His massive ability is a joy to all knowledgeable observers of hockey. Streit's smoothness and fluid movement is a remarkable human phenomon.

Athletic talent is fleeting. Even for the greats, it's a short lived thing. Let's stop wasting this massive talent. Human magic as possessed by players like Streit is a brief-burning wonder of nature.

Outstanding athletic ability is the convex inverse of infirmity and frailty. Such special abilities must be celebrated in the same way as sickness and illness is mourned. The force of life and beauty is also the force of death and sickness. Both are one. Both must be revered.

A talent like Streit's - as personified by the vision, the speed, the accurate passing - is the yin to malady's yang. Let us recognize and validate it with our highest esteem.

As a now legendary 17 year old poet once explained:

The force that through the green fuse drives the flower
Drives my green age; that blasts the roots of trees
Is my destroyer.
And I am dumb to tell the crooked rose
My youth is bent by the same wintry fever.
That....was beautiful.

ryanghg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2006, 08:54 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=cp&type=lgns

Rivet optimistic about foot injury; Dandenault doubtful against Flames

MONTREAL (CP) - The Montreal Canadiens had their fingers crossed Sunday as they waited to hear whether veteran defencemen Craig Rivet and Mathieu Dandenault would be healthy enough to play in Tuesday's matchup against the Calgary Flames.

Both Rivet and Dandenault underwent MRI tests following the team's 3-2 shootout loss to the Ottawa Senators Saturday night.

"We're confident that Craig will able to play Tuesday," Canadiens coach Guy Carbonneau said Sunday. "Mathieu's case seems more worrying to us. He could have to skip (Tuesday's game)."

ADVERTISEMENT
Rivet injured his foot blocking a shot during a third-period Senators power play, while Dandenault hurt his thigh fighting off a check.

They were the only two Canadiens players to play all 82 regular season games last year.

Rivet is something of a ironman for the Habs, having missed only two games over the past four seasons.

"He is already feeling better," Carbonneau said Sunday.

But despite Carbonneau's optimism about his injured defencemen, it looks like Mark Streit will suit up for the first this year sometime this week.

Carbonneau indicated that the Swiss defenceman would see action either against the Flames or in Chicago on Wednesday.

"I didn't want Mark to stay inactive for too long," Carbonneau said. "He was left out because of the arrival of (defenceman) Janne Niinimaa, but he took it like a professional."

Streit, who had a solid training camp, isn't discouraged by the team's surplus of defencemen.

"There's nothing I can do about it," the 28-year-old defenceman said. "I know that things can change rapidly. So I force myself to stay positive and to be ready for when they need my services."

Streit, who captains the Swiss national team, played 48 games last year, scoring two goals and nine assists to go with a plus-minus rating of minus six.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote