HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado - Winnipeg

Old
06-19-2013, 07:41 PM
zaYG
Nerevarine

vCash: 500
Colorado - Winnipeg

This would be based on if Colorado took Mackinnon first. I'm a neutral fan so I can't say that I know the values for certain. So correct me if I'm wrong but this makes sense to me.

To Winnipeg :
Stastny

To Colorado :
Byfuglien/Bogosian

Winnipeg gets a good center like they have needed. Colorado gets a good defenseman.

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Yikes.....

That's bad for Winnipeg. Stastny is on an expiring contract, and has had 3 below average years for him.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:50 PM
zaYG
Nerevarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce Hawthorne View Post
Yikes.....

That's bad for Winnipeg. Stastny is on an expiring contract, and has had 3 below average years for him.
I wasn't aware Stastny was held in such poor regard these days but yeah, you are right that his stats haven't been great.

I wonder if ROR would ever be traded or worth being involved in a package.

zaYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:53 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Guess I'd do it for Byfuglien.

Winnipeg won't do that for Bogo

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:53 PM
hattrick3518

vCash: 1100
Stastny for Bogo . SOLD!!!!!

hattrick3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:55 PM
Avs44

vCash: 130
Winnipeg would laugh at Bogo.

I'm imagining a no to Byfuglien as well.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:07 PM
JetsHomer

Easy no to both options.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
As others have said, it's a no go with Bogo ().

But under the obligatory "if Stastny was signed" statement, I could see the merits of something involving Stastny and Buff.

Not going to speculate on any adds on either side. Extremists on both ends will point to shortcomings in the other guy and then the whole thing will deteriorate.

Would Colorado be more interested in a LHD to pair with EJ? Or would having a guy like Buff allow EJ to move to the 2nd pair?

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Nope.

Huge NO to trading Bogosian, but I think most would expect that.

Also a fairly big no to trading Byfuglien for someone who will be nearing UFA soon enough.

That being said, I'd love to see Stastny in Winnipeg, not sure what the price would have to be and I'm not sure we'd take the chance on someone without a few years on their deal.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:08 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

It can be a good deal for both sides, (Buff) if Stastny comes with an extension. JETS badly need a center with his capabilities to play with Kane.

Like Huffer stated, determining who if any other players/prospects get added on can deteriorate into a pissing match by the fan bases pointing out the flaws in each player. I would be interested in the Colorado 2nd rounder though.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:09 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
As others have said, it's a no go with Bogo ().

But under the obligatory "if Stastny was signed" statement, I could see the merits of something involving Stastny and Buff.

Not going to speculate on any adds on either side. Extremists on both ends will point to shortcomings in the other guy and then the whole thing will deteriorate.

Would Colorado be more interested in a LHD to pair with EJ? Or would having a guy like Buff allow EJ to move to the 2nd pair?
LHD, our right side is already stacked. We don't want someone to replace EJ on the top pairing. We want someone who can play with EJ on the top pairing.

PAZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Huffer

vCash: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
LHD, our right side is already stacked. We don't want someone to replace EJ on the top pairing. We want someone who can play with EJ on the top pairing.
That's what I was thinking. Hopefully Siemens can be that guy in a few years.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I would rather get a LHD to pair with EJ.

I have very little interest in Byfuglien and he certainly wouldn't push EJ down to the second pairing.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:40 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

It's no for byfuglien and hell no for bogosian

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:07 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
You guys up for trading Enstrom? Or is he also off limits?

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:20 AM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
You guys up for trading Enstrom? Or is he also off limits?
He's our only good LD and he has a full NMC. Pretty much 0% chance he's traded imo.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:33 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 880
It would be pretty tough to convince us to trade him. The only other LHD we have under contract is Mark Stuart.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:41 AM
Jets
Resident Sieve

Mark Stuart and our first 2nd rounder (43rd I think) for un-re-signed Stastny

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:05 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
What what what? Overpaid low-end(well playing like a low end) 2nd line center for a damn good top 4 d-man who isn't overpaid?

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 01:28 AM
phlocky

Actually, I think that something around Buff and Stas COULD work for both teams. Col needs another top 4 dman (and a good PP guy would DEFINITELY help them), Win is looking to move a dman, assuming the Avs draft Mac (and they SHOULD, he'll be a monster in the NHL, Seth carries a much bigger risk factor IMO) they will have an extra center they can move, and the Jets NEED a good center. Both Buff and Stas carry "baggage" or "question marks" with them so it seems like a change of scenery might be a win-win for both the players and each team.

Because Stas is a pending UFA I think that including a condition 2015 1st from the Avs would make it more "safe" for the Jets. I'd make it a 2015 1st for 2 reasons. First, it would give the Jets until July 1st, 2014 to resign Stas when his current contract would expire and the next available draft AFTER his contract would expire would be the 2015 draft. Also, this essentially gives the Avs 2 years to improve so that they aren't giving up a potential "top 10 pick" hopefully.

As an outsider this just seems to me to be one that could work for both teams and is fairly reasonable, unlike most proposals on here that only address one side or over-values one side.

phlocky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:01 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Without a contract extension in place for Statsny there's no deal to be made here. Winnipeg isn't risking losing Buff for 1 year of Statsny. If a contract extension could be worked out beforehand then I think it cold benefit both teams.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:06 AM
Paradise
Individual thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
Actually, I think that something around Buff and Stas COULD work for both teams. Col needs another top 4 dman (and a good PP guy would DEFINITELY help them), Win is looking to move a dman, assuming the Avs draft Mac (and they SHOULD, he'll be a monster in the NHL, Seth carries a much bigger risk factor IMO) they will have an extra center they can move, and the Jets NEED a good center. Both Buff and Stas carry "baggage" or "question marks" with them so it seems like a change of scenery might be a win-win for both the players and each team.

Because Stas is a pending UFA I think that including a condition 2015 1st from the Avs would make it more "safe" for the Jets. I'd make it a 2015 1st for 2 reasons. First, it would give the Jets until July 1st, 2014 to resign Stas when his current contract would expire and the next available draft AFTER his contract would expire would be the 2015 draft. Also, this essentially gives the Avs 2 years to improve so that they aren't giving up a potential "top 10 pick" hopefully.

As an outsider this just seems to me to be one that could work for both teams and is fairly reasonable, unlike most proposals on here that only address one side or over-values one side.
This won't work for Winnipeg. If Statsny doesn't resign, then the Jets will have taken a big step backwards. A 2015 1st rounder isn't enough to mitigate the risk either, it's rather insulting. What good is a draft pick 2 drafts from now for a team that wants to compete for a playoff spot next season?

There needs to be an extension or there's no deal from Winnipeg's side. We're not looking for to dump a current quality roster player for futures.

Paradise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:20 AM
Hans Landaskog

I don't see a deal happening here, especially since they will be in the same division.

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:02 AM
Avsman12

I would love it if the Jets were foolish enough to give us Bogosian for Stastny. I would have to say no to buff however, i've heard that he is now in excess of 300lbs and i wouldn't be willing to have him on my team with such a poor outlook/attitude.

I think that along with Stastny a lot of avalanche players are going to have great to career years in Colorado in the 2013-14 season. My reasoning is that 14 out of the 22 currently signed players are up for new contracts in the 2014-15 season (including all there top centres: Duchene, Stastny, Lando, ROR, Varly, Giggy, Barrie, and Elliott) and nothing says lets play amazing more then a hockey players contract year.)

for this reason i don't think that the Avalanche are going to trade for any big contracts this year, being a team that never fully plays to the cap anymore may have to make big room next year, and unfortunately Bogosian is going to get a +3.5mill deal.

having said that I would like to see either Bogosian or Enstrom in a Avalanche uniform next year if all it would cost is Stastny and some picks and possiblely D Jones.

P.s. I don't know why everyone assumes by picking Mackinnion he is automatically going to break the line-up and become the Avs second line centre.... could be a Scheifele type situation.

Avsman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:39 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsman12 View Post
I would love it if the Jets were foolish enough to give us Bogosian for Stastny. I would have to say no to buff however, i've heard that he is now in excess of 300lbs and i wouldn't be willing to have him on my team with such a poor outlook/attitude.

I think that along with Stastny a lot of avalanche players are going to have great to career years in Colorado in the 2013-14 season. My reasoning is that 14 out of the 22 currently signed players are up for new contracts in the 2014-15 season (including all there top centres: Duchene, Stastny, Lando, ROR, Varly, Giggy, Barrie, and Elliott) and nothing says lets play amazing more then a hockey players contract year.)

for this reason i don't think that the Avalanche are going to trade for any big contracts this year, being a team that never fully plays to the cap anymore may have to make big room next year, and unfortunately Bogosian is going to get a +3.5mill deal.

having said that I would like to see either Bogosian or Enstrom in a Avalanche uniform next year if all it would cost is Stastny and some picks and possiblely D Jones.

P.s. I don't know why everyone assumes by picking Mackinnion he is automatically going to break the line-up and become the Avs second line centre.... could be a Scheifele type situation.
bogosian is going to get 5-5.5 a year over 6-8 years

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote