HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tarasenko

Old
06-18-2013, 07:06 AM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

vCash: 500
Tarasenko is untradeable.

I think he's got the potential to be that sniper we haven't had since Brett Hull. Teams have figured him out though, so he'll need to adjust. Something to help make that adjustment a lot faster is an impact center and a few other players stepping it up from within (Stewart, Oshie, Backes, Steen, etc.) to help take the pressure and attention off of him.

Just need to get him his Adam Oates, or even a Craig Janney.

illninofan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:20 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRed View Post
Ottawa will offer you Mika Zibanejab. Bryan Murray doesn't like his Russians tho and much prefer swedes
I think Zibby may have a bit more upside than Tarasenko (but not a ton), but no reason for either team to do this. Also, given our (Sens) love of Swedes and bad history with Russians (aside from Gonchar and Volchenkov), I don't think the Sens do this.

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:20 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

No way I would trade him without giving him at least one full summer if conditioning, one NHL training-camp and one full season of NHL hockey!

The chances are to high that he'll end up as a better player than anyone we'd get for him now and we have plenty of other valuable assets to get what we need.

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:29 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
so you'd laugh hysterically at Henrique, but would consider Zbinejad, who has accomplished much less?

makes sense.

I am not saying either of those are fair or not fair, but come on

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:38 AM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
so you'd laugh hysterically at Henrique, but would consider Zbinejad, who has accomplished much less?

makes sense.

I wouldn't mind Adam Henrique, that said, what else (except Tarasenko) could pry him from NJ?

illninofan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:49 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:

makes sense.

I wouldn't trade him for Z. Blues fans just get weird fetishes for certain players, Zibanejad is one of them. I like him, I just don't like him enough to trade Tarasenko for him.

It's like every Blues fan forgot that our biggest need before center and LHD was a goal scorer, and Tarasenko is really the only guy that can fill that hole on a consistent basis when he develops.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 07:57 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
I wouldn't mind Adam Henrique, that said, what else (except Tarasenko) could pry him from NJ?
Devils just can't afford to move Henrique right now. the forward depth in the organization just isn't good.

but if they WERE, it'd have to be in a package for a legit, young elite winger. which there aren't many of available lol

Old
06-18-2013, 09:04 AM
SirPaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPStoEberletoHall View Post
Yakupov for Tarasenko, Polak and Rattie
Thats cute

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:12 AM
TSA0402

Quote:

makes sense.

This has to be a joke. Looks to me Adam Henrique was in the OHL at 20 years old(same age as Zib now), who actually outscored Henrique last year.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 09:18 AM
Smeddy
Intangibles

vCash: 177
Quote:

makes sense.

Zibanejad outscored Henrique this year, he is also three years younger and in his rookie season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
This has to be a joke. Looks to me Adam Henrique was in the OHL at 20 years old(same age as Zib now), who actually outscored Henrique last year.
and this

Smeddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:11 AM
MrG
#DoTheEdwing

Zib for Tarasenko has been discussed before on these boards. Blues are looking for C with upside, Zibanejad is oozing with it. Sens are looking for a winger with goal scoring upside, Tarasenko is also oozing with it.

Value is fairly close also. Tarasenko may have higher offensive upside potential, but Zibanejad is a C, is big, and plays a very good 2 way game. His faceoffs improved as the year progressed, and he showed much higher hockey IQ than what he had been billed with.

Seems like a deal around these 2 guys (maybe a small + from the Sens) would be fair and address needs, but I'm not sure either GM would be willing to roll the dice with these guys.

Personally, I'm on the fence. Tarasenko would be an excellent acquisition, but Zibanejad is still so raw, it would be difficult to ship him out without first seeing him play a full NHL season.

MrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
Zib for Tarasenko has been discussed before on these boards. Blues are looking for C with upside, Zibanejad is oozing with it. Sens are looking for a winger with goal scoring upside, Tarasenko is also oozing with it.

Value is fairly close also. Tarasenko may have higher offensive upside potential, but Zibanejad is a C, is big, and plays a very good 2 way game. His faceoffs improved as the year progressed, and he showed much higher hockey IQ than what he had been billed with.

Seems like a deal around these 2 guys (maybe a small + from the Sens) would be fair and address needs, but I'm not sure either GM would be willing to roll the dice with these guys.

Personally, I'm on the fence. Tarasenko would be an excellent acquisition, but Zibanejad is still so raw, it would be difficult to ship him out without first seeing him play a full NHL season.
How about both of our teams wait to see how well each does next season and we come back to this next off-season if needed.

Bluesman91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 03:18 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeddy View Post
Zibanejad outscored Henrique this year, he is also three years younger and in his rookie season.

and this
Adam Henrique has a 50 point season, top 3 Calder finish, and a deep Finals run where he scored not one but TWO series clinching OT goals under his belt

but yea, I forgot, HF is all about that POTENTIAL!!!

Old
06-18-2013, 08:00 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Adam Henrique has a 50 point season, top 3 Calder finish, and a deep Finals run where he scored not one but TWO series clinching OT goals under his belt

Are you really trying to say Henrique has more trade value then Mika Z?

Give me a break...at 20 Henrique was still playing junior hockey where as Mika at 20 just outscored a 23 yr old Henrique in his first year in the NHL.

While potential does factor in it's because the upsides of the 2 aren't really close and being that he has already outplayed and outscored Henrique already it probably shouldn't surprise you when he likely does so again next year so just stop with the "HF is all about potential" nonsense because it certainly doesn't apply in this case.

If the offer was straight up Henriquefor either Tarasanko or Mika Z both GMs chuckle and hang up rather quickly.

Last edited by JR#9*: 06-18-2013 at 08:33 PM.
JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 08:05 PM
StuckOutHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
Devils will offer Henrique for Tarasenko.
Blues don't hang up the phone. They send it to space forever unanswered though.

StuckOutHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:32 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
LOL @ Henrique for Tarasenko.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:53 PM
stlblues9

Quote:

Would you trade Henrique for number one pick this year? One player has a 50 point season, top 3 calder finish and a deep finals run where he scored two clinching ot goals.

The other hasn`t even had a shift on NHL ice...

At some point, potential is a real thing.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 05:52 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
No way I would trade him without giving him at least one full summer if conditioning, one NHL training-camp and one full season of NHL hockey!

The chances are to high that he'll end up as a better player than anyone we'd get for him now and we have plenty of other valuable assets to get what we need.
Tarasenko is going to be a stud...so wish the Rangers had taken him over McIlrath even though I think he is going to be a big, tough defensive damn that is hell to play against Vlad is a game breaker withh his skill and attitude.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 06:47 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

well if JA#11 says so, then I feel even better about my statement.

Old
06-19-2013, 06:49 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JA#11 View Post
Are you really trying to say Henrique has more trade value then Mika Z?

Give me a break...at 20 Henrique was still playing junior hockey where as Mika at 20 just outscored a 23 yr old Henrique in his first year in the NHL.

While potential does factor in it's because the upsides of the 2 aren't really close and being that he has already outplayed and outscored Henrique already it probably shouldn't surprise you when he likely does so again next year so just stop with the "HF is all about potential" nonsense because it certainly doesn't apply in this case.

If the offer was straight up Henriquefor either Tarasanko or Mika Z both GMs chuckle and hang up rather quickly.
Is that so? U seem to know this first hand.

åboriginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 06:57 PM
apice3*

Uhhhhh, what?

Henrique got beat by Zibanejad by 4 friggen points in a lockout season where the Devils had several key injuries and underperformed. Are we really going to compare Henrique as a 20 year old (OHL) to Zibanejad as a 20 year old (NHL?) That makes no sense. Why not compare Henrique's rookie season to Zibanejad's? One put up 51 points in 74 points and was a Calder finalist. One put up 20 points in 42 games. The fact that people are laughing at Henrique and not at Zibanejad just proves the HF stereotype that potential and draft status is all some of you look at.

Henrique has had a better carer than Zibanejad to this point. Does Zibanejad have more upside? Absolutely. But to think that Zibanejad and Tarasenko are untouchable phenoms who are miles above Henrique is simply ignorant on all levels.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 06:59 PM
apice3*

Also, most players have a sophomore slump season when the league kind of figures out who they are and starts to game plan for them. No surprise that Henrique regressed a bit. Most players do.

Old
06-19-2013, 07:15 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Just curious, what do Devil fans think Henrique will develop into?

I think he's a nice player and will be a good 2nd line player. He had a great rookie year when he played with Parise and Kovalchuk, and last season he didn't have them and his numbers went down. It is very reasonable to say majority of his numbers during his rookie year were due to have Parise and Kovalchuk as linemates. Henrique does not get Tarasenko.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:57 PM
WillyBilly1990

vCash: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Uhhhhh, what?

Henrique got beat by Zibanejad by 4 friggen points in a lockout season where the Devils had several key injuries and underperformed. Are we really going to compare Henrique as a 20 year old (OHL) to Zibanejad as a 20 year old (NHL?) That makes no sense. Why not compare Henrique's rookie season to Zibanejad's? One put up 51 points in 74 points and was a Calder finalist. One put up 20 points in 42 games. The fact that people are laughing at Henrique and not at Zibanejad just proves the HF stereotype that potential and draft status is all some of you look at.

Henrique has had a better carer than Zibanejad to this point. Does Zibanejad have more upside? Absolutely. But to think that Zibanejad and Tarasenko are untouchable phenoms who are miles above Henrique is simply ignorant on all levels.
If you wanna go the injury way by all means our #1 center was injure most of the season our NORRIS winning Dman was injure most of the season our highest scoring winger was injured for half of the season don't tell Ottawa fans about injuries.

WillyBilly1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:06 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyBilly1990 View Post
If you wanna go the injury way by all means our #1 center was injure most of the season our NORRIS winning Dman was injure most of the season our highest scoring winger was injured for half of the season don't tell Ottawa fans about injuries.
And you guys overcame the injuries, we did not. That's no excuse for either point and was not the main point of my post.