HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What would it take to get 1st overall?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-19-2013, 02:26 PM
  #26
tucker3434
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,757
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
6th + Brodie.

I wouldnt do it, but thats what it would take.
I'd rather have Mac than Brodie and monahan/lindholm. That type of offer is what it would take if you had the 3rd overall.

tucker3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:26 PM
  #27
notsocommonsense
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
An unreasonable offer no GM who has the assets to make will be content to go through with.
What language are you speaking?

notsocommonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:27 PM
  #28
Djp
Registered User
 
Djp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Seattle,WA
Posts: 5,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
What are the Colorado avalanches biggest needs if they were to trade the 1st overall?
Colorado does not want to leave the top 4. any team if they arent already in the top 4 will need to trade up first into the top 4.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:38 PM
  #29
beer123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithic View Post
-Top 6 W (preferably LW)
-Top 4 LHD (preferably top pairing)

These are immediate needs. Taking either Drouin or Jones takes care of one of these. A year from now the center position could become a need if Stastny and O'Reilly are no longer on the team. So taking MacKinnon first overall would solidify a 1C + 2C tandem with Duchene for years to come and allow the team to explore filling the other needs via trade (Stastny & O'Reilly) or FA.
LW Joffrey Lupul
D Jake Gardiner
21st Overall pick

Would Leafs need to add more?


Last edited by beer123: 06-19-2013 at 02:49 PM.
beer123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:02 PM
  #30
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
To the OP


A really really terrible year and to win the draft lottery.

Other than it is going to take more than any team would realistically give here on HockeysFuture.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:12 PM
  #31
jfisher6
#thestructure
 
jfisher6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Denver
Country: United States
Posts: 3,074
vCash: 50
Avs are staying top 4, and we do not need a package of picks and prospects for the top pick. That's why the Calgary package doesn't work for any of us. It's not that the value isn't there, because it very well might be, but we need to hit a home run with this pick, it has to be MacKinnon or Jones, or we need to get something just absolutely SILLY in return for a trade.

Our biggest need is a left-handed top pairing dman who is young.


NO to quantity over quality. Pick the star youngster. Then get someone like Yandle in a trade (perhaps for Stastny), or manage to sign Hjalmarsson this summer (he's a UFA isn't he?)

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:43 PM
  #32
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius
 
P0ckets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Avs are staying top 4, and we do not need a package of picks and prospects for the top pick. That's why the Calgary package doesn't work for any of us. It's not that the value isn't there, because it very well might be, but we need to hit a home run with this pick, it has to be MacKinnon or Jones, or we need to get something just absolutely SILLY in return for a trade.

Our biggest need is a left-handed top pairing dman who is young.


NO to quantity over quality. Pick the star youngster. Then get someone like Yandle in a trade (perhaps for Stastny), or manage to sign Hjalmarsson this summer (he's a UFA isn't he?)
Hjalmarsson isn't a UFA until next season

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:52 PM
  #33
mydnyte
Registered User
 
mydnyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
What are the Colorado avalanches biggest needs if they were to trade the 1st overall?
a franchise d-man

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:54 PM
  #34
mydnyte
Registered User
 
mydnyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer123 View Post
LW Joffrey Lupul
D Jake Gardiner
21st Overall pick

Would Leafs need to add more?
i think they would be looking more like Kessel and Gardiner/1st and only if Kessel were signed.

mydnyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 05:03 PM
  #35
Dr Danglefest
Vindication
 
Dr Danglefest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beantown
Country: United States
Posts: 2,241
vCash: 500
Ryder + Halak + can anyone guess the last piece?

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 05:13 PM
  #36
dahrougem2
Registered User
 
dahrougem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
Ryder + Halak + can anyone guess the last piece?
IT BETTER NOT BE A 2ND GOD **********

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 05:25 PM
  #37
danisonfire
2313 Saint Catherine
 
danisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
Ryder + Halak + can anyone guess the last piece?
Pk Subban (the second round pick one of the years that was being spammed)

danisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 05:35 PM
  #38
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
What are the Colorado avalanches biggest needs if they were to trade the 1st overall?
The Avs NEED Big Mac (imo) because he has the very likelihood of becoming a franchise player in the mold of Stamkos and Tavares. IMO it would take a franchise player for them to consider trading him and then I can't see the other team trading away their CURRENT franchise player.

Just for an example, I think that a package of Coburn + Simmonds + 11th OA is fair value-wise but I highly doubt either team does it (Flyers need to build around Giroux, not trade away his supporting crew for another potential superstar) and the Avs don't need more depth players, they NEED a superstar. I think the only thing from the Flyers that would get them to pull the trigger would be Giroux and then of course it's a "no go" from the Flyers.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 05:52 PM
  #39
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius
 
P0ckets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
The Avs NEED Big Mac (imo) because he has the very likelihood of becoming a franchise player in the mold of Stamkos and Tavares. IMO it would take a franchise player for them to consider trading him and then I can't see the other team trading away their CURRENT franchise player.

Just for an example, I think that a package of Coburn + Simmonds + 11th OA is fair value-wise but I highly doubt either team does it (Flyers need to build around Giroux, not trade away his supporting crew for another potential superstar) and the Avs don't need more depth players, they NEED a superstar. I think the only thing from the Flyers that would get them to pull the trigger would be Giroux and then of course it's a "no go" from the Flyers.
that pretty much sums it up right there in terms of what the Avs are looking for...

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 06:03 PM
  #40
phlocky
Registered User
 
phlocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 6,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
that pretty much sums it up right there in terms of what the Avs are looking for...
I still think the best thing for the Avs to do is to draft Mac first OA and let him play #2 center next season. Seimens is coming along just fine and IMO should be ready for top 4 duties next season. I think he'll develop into a solid #2/#3 dman and that their blueline isn't as dire as many seem to think. I believe they just need to be a bit patient.

IMO the only draft day trade the Avs SHOULD make would be to trade Stastny to the Leafs for their 1st. Add a little on the Leafs side if needed but I think it's fair. The Avs have their top 3 centers set for next season, their defense should be better with the addition of Seimens, and they can draft another potential top 4 dman with the Leafs pick too (they just need to let him develop for another 2-3 years before they get help from him). THIS is what I'd do if I were Roy.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 06:22 PM
  #41
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,039
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSVT View Post
6th + Brodie.

I wouldnt do it, but thats what it would take.
To move to 4th pick.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:52 PM
  #42
Cypher
#GenieArmy
 
Cypher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer123 View Post
LW Joffrey Lupul
D Jake Gardiner
21st Overall pick

Would Leafs need to add more?
As an Avs fan, I'd do this.

Fills both needs, Top4 LHD and Top6 LW. Only concern would be Lupuls health.

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 07:53 PM
  #43
KaossKing
Pacing Well
 
KaossKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,820
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
More than:

Baertschi + 6th + 22nd + 28th according to Avs fans.
seriously? I would totally take that. Actually the Flames would be better just keeping that tbh

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:08 PM
  #44
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,824
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
As an Avs fan, I'd do this.

Fills both needs, Top4 LHD and Top6 LW. Only concern would be Lupuls health.
Are you sure you are an Avs fan?
Cause I think it is awful. Quantity =/ Quality. Give me MacKinnon / Jones over this package 101 times out of 100.


@NSH fan:
If Roy really wants Barkov, I believe there might be a deal out there. All would depend on Stastny willing to committ to a reasonable extension with you pre-draft.

To NSH:

#1 Overall
Paul Stastny (extended at 5 x 5.75-6 M)
Barrie / Elliott

To COL:
#4 Overall
Roman Josi
Filip Forsberg (could sub in Wilson but than the value would be off)


Am I way off here?
Avs get their center and a partner for Stastny as well as a much needed winger prospect
Nashville goes from atrocious forward depth to MacKinnon / Stastny / Wilson down the middle, Weber, Ellis, Blum, Elliott, Klein at D and Rinne in net. Could / Should be a contender soon. And Barrie / Elliot could reasonably turn into the next Josi in the great D man factory that is NSH under Poile and Trotz.

My only concern is that your wing depth would be terrible afterwards. Tough one. Maybe drop Forsberg and Elliott and add something else ?


Last edited by JoemAvs: 06-19-2013 at 08:13 PM.
JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:11 PM
  #45
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 23,041
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
A really really terrible year and to win the draft lottery.
I am guessing somebody picking 5 or lower(hell even 4 or lower) wouldn't view it that way. I think it's a great year to finish last personally and not worry about losing out on first pick

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:13 PM
  #46
Cypher
#GenieArmy
 
Cypher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I am guessing somebody picking 5 or lower(hell even 4 or lower) wouldn't view it that way. I think it's a great year to finish last personally and not worry about losing out on first pick
Florida says Hello ????

Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:35 PM
  #47
Predsrule
Registered User
 
Predsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Are you sure you are an Avs fan?
Cause I think it is awful. Quantity =/ Quality. Give me MacKinnon / Jones over this package 101 times out of 100.


@NSH fan:
If Roy really wants Barkov, I believe there might be a deal out there. All would depend on Stastny willing to committ to a reasonable extension with you pre-draft.

To NSH:

#1 Overall
Paul Stastny (extended at 5 x 5.75-6 M)
Barrie / Elliott

To COL:
#4 Overall
Roman Josi
Filip Forsberg (could sub in Wilson but than the value would be off)


Am I way off here?
Avs get their center and a partner for Stastny as well as a much needed winger prospect
Nashville goes from atrocious forward depth to MacKinnon / Stastny / Wilson down the middle, Weber, Ellis, Blum, Elliott, Klein at D and Rinne in net. Could / Should be a contender soon. And Barrie / Elliot could reasonably turn into the next Josi in the great D man factory that is NSH under Poile and Trotz.

My only concern is that your wing depth would be terrible afterwards. Tough one. Maybe drop Forsberg and Elliott and add something else ?
So far off it hurts....

Predsrule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:47 PM
  #48
captainpaxil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
The Avs NEED Big Mac (imo) because he has the very likelihood of becoming a franchise player in the mold of Stamkos and Tavares. IMO it would take a franchise player for them to consider trading him and then I can't see the other team trading away their CURRENT franchise player.

Just for an example, I think that a package of Coburn + Simmonds + 11th OA is fair value-wise but I highly doubt either team does it (Flyers need to build around Giroux, not trade away his supporting crew for another potential superstar) and the Avs don't need more depth players, they NEED a superstar. I think the only thing from the Flyers that would get them to pull the trigger would be Giroux and then of course it's a "no go" from the Flyers.
I think the flyers could get into Nurse/Nichuskin territory with a package of the 11th meszaros and read. either could be a very valuable supporting character on a young team and its not as much of a hit.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:55 PM
  #49
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,122
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
would #4 + Gabriel Bourque/Taylor Beck (both already played at a top 6 LW beck had time on our first line) + Blum/Ellis/Ekholm get the convo started. to me there the best offer for col as they already have an ellis type is 4+Beck + Ekholm..
If the Avs really do want Barkov/Drouin...

4th + Watson + Ekholm??

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:56 PM
  #50
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,824
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
So far off it hurts....
Hmm Ok. I tried. Still believe that an extended Stastny at 5.75-6 M is pretty close in value to Josi but maybe I am wrong. I love Josi and he is a bonafide #2 Dman. Stastny though is still a #1b / #2a C to me and therefore I figured it was close if you add in the pick swap. In fact I would have wanted you to add. But it seems we heavily differ on Stastnys value and I will let it go.

Oh and Beck / Bourque + #4 is not a deal worth listening to for the Avs. To move up from #4 to #1 it would take more. Probably your 2nd + a (very) good (top) prospect. The top 4 might be rather close valuewise but not having to take the one that falls to you has decent value IMO.


Last edited by JoemAvs: 06-19-2013 at 09:05 PM.
JoemAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.