HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Silver Lining to Boston's Success?

Old
06-19-2013, 08:36 PM
andy28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I still would rather be more like the Blackhawks than the Bruins though, even if they are going to lose this. .
Most definitely. That's why I cheer for the Habs. It's just I don't think having a few tougher guys, and maybe someone who can drop em to take some weight off Prust for bigger games, is going to change our identity of being a team of good skaters.

I am not one of the guys who thinks every loss is due to our being physically manhandled or anything or that trucullent physicality always wins the day. But there are times we are shoved around pretty easily and I just think we could use a little more balance.

Last edited by andy28: 06-19-2013 at 08:41 PM.
andy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:44 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

If we just had ONE physical, competent d-man and ONE large, crease-crashing top6er it would change so much of our team.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:47 PM
sharks9

Ugh, no thanks. I don't want be the Bruins.

People need to realize there's no one way to win the Cup, especially with the parity in the league today.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 08:51 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Ugh, no thanks. I don't want be the Bruins.

People need to realize there's no one way to win the Cup, especially with the parity in the league today.
There is no one way. And sometimes the reffing climate favors one type of team over another. Sometimes different styles win out. That's why it's nice to have a little balance.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:06 PM
Roulin

...whereas if the Blackhawks win, the Habs will surely get the message that neckbeards and sideburns are the true winning formula.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:11 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

IMHO while there's no one way to win the cup the broon winning two of the last three cups would be a strong endorsement of a certain way of winning the cup. It would sort of force Habs mgmt to look at that.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

vCash: 1395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
...whereas if the Blackhawks win, the Habs will surely get the message that neckbeards and sideburns are the true winning formula.
Don't forget mullets and Mario Kart.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:13 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
The trick to winning is getting Molson to be Chairman of the Board instead of Jacobs. Then he can fire Campbell and hire Subban's dad to be hockey operations.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:19 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
There is no one way. And sometimes the reffing climate favors one type of team over another. Sometimes different styles win out. That's why it's nice to have a little balance.
There is a way: having a really good team.

The Habs number one weakness is lack of toughness, so it is the most straightforward way to improve the team.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
IMHO while there's no one way to win the cup the broon winning two of the last three cups would be a strong endorsement of a certain way of winning the cup. It would sort of force Habs mgmt to look at that.
There are two ways of looking at this situation, either you mimic as some suggest or you adapt to counter that way of going about things.

To be honest, the Habs have been able to deal with the Bruins physical game in the recent past, so I don't think they need to get THAT physical. I say keep the speedy, skilled identity, get rid of the dead weight and sign/trade for a physical D and a physical forward who can keep up.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:20 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
The trick to winning is getting Molson to be Chairman of the Board instead of Jacobs. Then he can fire Campbell and hire Subban's dad to be hockey operations.
The equivalent to Campbell on our team is Dumont.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:21 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Bouillon is Therrien's pet and played 2nd line PP and bottom3 D minutes, he wasn't and so far isn't slotted at 7th. Drewiskie is a non-physical player on a roster that has one and half hard hitters on its back-end. Keep defending these clowns.
so why exactly do you keep supporting the 'clowns'. there's 29 other teams you can bandwagon. And these are depth signings. Do you really not get that? And the season hasn't ended, they have the off-season to continue to build the team the way they envision it. You've waited 20 years, what's a couple more?

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:24 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
There are two ways of looking at this situation, either you mimic as some suggest or you adapt to counter that way of going about things.

To be honest, the Habs have been able to deal with the Bruins physical game in the recent past, so I don't think they need to get THAT physical. I say keep the speedy, skilled identity, get rid of the dead weight and sign/trade for a physical D and a physical forward who can keep up.
I'm sure you don't think the Habs are as speedy and skilled as the Hawks. So we have a long way to go on that route. I hate the broon bullying and intimidation crap but if it works vs the Hawks, well...

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Strik_IX
No excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
I'm sure you don't think the Habs are as speedy and skilled as the Hawks. So we have a long way to go on that route. I hate the broon bullying and intimidation crap but if it works vs the Hawks, well...
Not yet...

The future is bright and I do believe the Habs can handle the Bruins.

Old
06-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I believe he was refering to the Comissioner, not the player. Unless I missed something and Dumont has a higly-placed uncle?

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:06 PM
goman

I think you gotta look at Boston and see things to emulate. One of them is the need for true team toughness. But there's also great depth throughout the lineup and guys playing in their proper roles. And timely goaltending.

I think we need more dynamic scoring, size and toughness, better goaltending from Price, and a better bottom 6. And having a Chara would help.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:20 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by goman View Post
I think you gotta look at Boston and see things to emulate. One of them is the need for true team toughness. But there's also great depth throughout the lineup and guys playing in their proper roles. And timely goaltending.

I think we need more dynamic scoring, size and toughness, better goaltending from Price, and a better bottom 6. And having a Chara would help.
...and being a team that benefits greatly from the fact that the majority of clutch/grab penalties are simply not called as you get further into the playoffs.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:26 PM
deandebean

Montreal has to become...Montreal again: talent, speed, toughness and depth. Montreal dors not emulate. Montreal creates emulation.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:27 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

It doesn't matter how you want to look at it, the Bruins are a great team. They don't just play "cheap".

These guys play solid physical hockey, but they play as a team and they are really great to watch. I'm sorry, but I can only wish the Habs to look like this in the next couple of years.

I would take half the players on that team any day of the week.

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 10:46 PM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strik_IX View Post
Why is it such an either, or situation?

We can either be a fast, skilled team, or a tough one??? Why can't we be both?
I don't think we need to be the toughest team in the league. But it is a rough league and it gets a little more rugged come playoff time.

Old
06-19-2013, 10:57 PM
HiggsBozon
LOLZ, keep hating

"Yuck! I don't want my Habs to look like those classless ******** that are the Bruins..."

This is so pathetic it's not even funny. 2 Stanley Cup finals in 3 years, 1 Stanley Cup (maybe a 2nd one soon), yet, we shouldn't look at becoming more like them...

Get your facts straight. The Bruins have great depth, a TOUGH team, and a crop where NOT ONE player is a passenger. Everybody has a role, from Chara to Thornton. They all are part of their team's success. They back each other up and stand up the right way, unlike our players who cry after getting hurt, or throw pucks at the opponent after getting upset.

This team should look more like the Bruins. It should look more like them than it does to our current team.

"Well, I'd much rather have a team looking like Chicago."

Newsflash: Having 3 franchise forwards on the same team is not something you can do easily, even if you line up 5 consecutive 1st overall selections.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Andy

When Pittsburgh wins...emulate Pittsburgh
When Detroit wins...emulate Detroit
When Chicago wins...emulate Chicago
When Boston wins...emulate Boston
When LA wins....emulate LA

Same crap different year.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:11 PM
deandebean

I want the Habs to look like the Habs. Not the Booins. This is Montreal. Winning with style. This is NOT a blue collar city like Boston. This is not a lunchpail city. This is a city with grace, style and excitement.

This is the essence of les Glorieux.

This love barf for the Booins sickens me. This thread is disappointing. Do you see Yankeefan sending love to Redsoxfan? What is this?

**** the Booins.

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:14 PM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
When Pittsburgh wins...emulate Pittsburgh
When Detroit wins...emulate Detroit
When Chicago wins...emulate Chicago
When Boston wins...emulate Boston
When LA wins....emulate LA

Same crap different year.
This x1000. When Anaheim won 6 years ago, we needed a great 3rd line.
This b******* will never stop.

Lars Mon Amour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 11:28 PM
25get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Campbell is 6' and 200lbs while Dumont is 5'9" and 170.
I know Dumont plays big but how does those two compares?

25get is offline   Reply With Quote