HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado - Winnipeg

Old
06-20-2013, 06:54 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Stastny for Bogosian would be an utter disaster for Winnipeg. Not sure it's any good for Buff but I suppose that depends how you view his issues with weight etc. He'd likely get a better return than 1 year of Stastny who is basically a 50-60 point player over the past few seasons, albeit one capable of taking on many roles to varying degrees of success.

Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:33 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Stastny for Bogosian would be an utter disaster for Winnipeg. Not sure it's any good for Buff but I suppose that depends how you view his issues with weight etc. He'd likely get a better return than 1 year of Stastny who is basically a 50-60 point player over the past few seasons, albeit one capable of taking on many roles to varying degrees of success.
Absolutely agree. But it is pretty funny, how just about every Buff proposal solicits a Bogosian counter offer within a half dozen posts, like the 2 are interchangeable. Its not much different than interchanging Stastny for Duchene like they they have similar value. Bogo is the corner stone of the Jets D and will be signed long term at north of $5 M per.

KingBogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:34 AM
Avsman12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOnASilverMountain View Post
bogosian is going to get 5-5.5 a year over 6-8 years
thats why i said +3.5mill, which means over

Avsman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:50 AM
Avsman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Absolutely agree. But it is pretty funny, how just about every Buff proposal solicits a Bogosian counter offer within a half dozen posts, like the 2 are interchangeable. Its not much different than interchanging Stastny for Duchene like they they have similar value. Bogo is the corner stone of the Jets D and will be signed long term at north of $5 M per.
I totally agree, Buff and Bogosian are far from equal as are Stastny and Duchene. Stastny for Buff could work because the Jets get a top centre, and the Avalanche get a Top D man. They carry not equal but similar salary, and with Stastnys play diminishing from his previous years the Jets would be able to sign him to a smaller deal. I also think the Avs would benefit from a big tough Dman that can put up points... the only thing that i don't like is the fact that he has a bad attitude and weighs more then 300lbs.

Saying that, looks like the Jets will have to move a Dman because they'll have at least 16-18 tied up in just 3 defenseman at the start of the season with only 12 players on the payroll.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:01 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsman12 View Post
I totally agree, Buff and Bogosian are far from equal as are Stastny and Duchene. Stastny for Buff could work because the Jets get a top centre, and the Avalanche get a Top D man. They carry not equal but similar salary, and with Stastnys play diminishing from his previous years the Jets would be able to sign him to a smaller deal. I also think the Avs would benefit from a big tough Dman that can put up points... the only thing that i don't like is the fact that he has a bad attitude and weighs more then 300lbs.

(...)
Both rumours at this point - one journalist putting a spin on things, then the meme gets repeated over and over, which of course makes it true. Bad attitude? Not from what I've heard: he's been described by his team mates as a positive influence in the locker room.

Anyway: I like Stastny, but his contract concerns me.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:18 AM
Avsman12

Well like you said its rumors, and I hope its not true because Buff's a great hockey player and i'd really like him on my team, and I think Stastny is a far trade. all you would need is an extension for Stastny, clearly not as much as he makes now, possible a 2 year bridge deal.

Old
06-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Seanahue

vCash: 109
Bogo is Jesus in Winnipeg and Buff should only be traded for a LD and a 2nd line RW. Our centers are not great but we have other holes that need to be addressed first.....teeheehee

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:45 AM
JetInOhio
Long Time Lurker

Burmi or Little + CHI's 2nd rounder is more in the right area.

JetInOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:51 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
That's what I was thinking. Hopefully Siemens can be that guy in a few years.
I think you mean hopefully Seth can be that guy in a year or two

I'd kill for the Avs 2014-2015 D to look like this if we can't sign a Scuderi type in FA:
Seth - EJ
Siemens - Barrie / Elliott
Hejda - Wilson

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Thesaurus
Lyrical Wordsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by yauger27 View Post
Little, no. Burmi maybe if Stastny is re-signed long term.

Thesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesaurus View Post
Little, no. Burmi maybe if Stastny is re-signed long term.
hell no to Little, but Burmi + 2nd for Stastny unsigned...I'd consider it, a lot. Yes we give up a pretty big piece for him but he'll likely be able to push us into the playoffs, and if we get him resigned it's robbery right now because of Burmi's unfortunate problem with offense. Would rather give up a 3rd + Burmi though, that 2nd worries me more than Burmi does.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:50 AM
ABasin
Asset management

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaYG View Post
This would be based on if Colorado took Mackinnon first. I'm a neutral fan so I can't say that I know the values for certain. So correct me if I'm wrong but this makes sense to me.

To Winnipeg :
Stastny

To Colorado :
Byfuglien/Bogosian

Winnipeg gets a good center like they have needed. Colorado gets a good defenseman.
If it's Bogosian, done.

And thank you.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:04 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilina View Post
hell no to Little, but Burmi + 2nd for Stastny unsigned...I'd consider it, a lot. Yes we give up a pretty big piece for him but he'll likely be able to push us into the playoffs, and if we get him resigned it's robbery right now because of Burmi's unfortunate problem with offense. Would rather give up a 3rd + Burmi though, that 2nd worries me more than Burmi does.
Why exactly would Colorado do this unless a contract extension couldn't be made. Even then, it would make no sense for the Jets because it means Stastny either has a destination made in his mind, and most likely you'd guys would have to overpay to resign.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:30 PM
ABasin
Asset management

Quote:
Originally Posted by yauger27 View Post
I'm not suggesting that offer is insulting or anything, but another center isn't what the Avs need, particularly if they draft one at #1. If/when they move Stastny, they need a NHL defenseman in return, therefore this suggestion doesn't make sense for Colorado.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanahue View Post
Bogo is Jesus in Winnipeg and Buff should only be traded for a LD and a 2nd line RW. Our centers are not great but we have other holes that need to be addressed first.....teeheehee
If we were to acquire a top centre Little will move to RW.

Ladd/Stastny/Wheeler

Kane/Scheifele/Little

Stastny had some chemistry with wheeler playing in Europe last year.Putting Little with Scheifele would allow them to switch it up if Scheifele is struggling at the dot or any other areas.i would like to see a couple players added to the trade to help fill some holes.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote