Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your overall thoughts on the 6-5 OT loss

Old
06-20-2013, 08:33 AM
Bojakees*

vCash: 500
I am thinking we need to get Marchand to hit the net. I am thinking we need to tell Ference and Seidenberg they are not allowed to pinch into the offensive zone the rest of the series. I am thinking Chara needs not to be on the PP anymore this series and concentrate more on the D end and positioning.

Other then those points I gotta believe we are OK. Team is hardened to this type pressure by now and I think we are a team that does well in these situations where the margin of error is a closing window.

Chicago beat a gritty Detroit team and the Cup champs so they also are not shy about these situations. It is thrilling stuff and you have to embrace it and eat it and drink it and not be afraid of it. Most of all you need to understand it. Then just play your game. We showed a great mental toughness in the 11 run and that's what we need to count on.

Bojakees* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:35 AM
chuckdobbins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I think the worst part of last night was my boyfriend finding me my future husband and then refusing to play the part of my wingman.

Total ********, I tell you.
I didn't get that?

Do you also hunch forward with your hands over your face when you watch games?

chuckdobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:37 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
I didn't get that?

Do you also hunch forward with your hands over your face when you watch games?
I do.

I do lots of weird **** when I watch games.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:40 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Chicago did things backwards for success

they shot high on Rask even the lazy low % shots knowing he cant pinpoint the puck location like the low ones- and the Hawks went for any rebounds he might not intend to catch

they fired the puck towards Chara and used LAYERS and smothering defense on him and his options- leaving Seidenberg to act bizarre. Seidenberg is one of my all time favorites but he was horrible. Not in position, seemed way, way, way more in the opposition face than usual. Chara was bad but Seidenberg was maybe worse- we focus so much on Chara

Peverley was shockingly good...best skating this season, he had a level that Patrick Kane would want. If Leddy is hurt that could be an advantage as he is quick and can skate- Peverley gives me hope for the bottom 6

Hossa was pretty damn good- realized he was OK when he went out on the 4 on 4's

Tuukka was beaten 6 times and was flopping around abit- but Crawford was freaking horrible. Doubt that happens again but you can hope

I heard Bickell was hurt pretty good but he played really well

Krejci needs to stop being tough guy and more focused on making offensive plays than on smacking Toews around, but he needs to get back and be one of the best centers in the league

Krug is a spectacular power play point man- has vision, shot, sense- incredible weapon

this seems like 7 and overtime with a chance to go down as one of the greatest Finals ever that is talked about for years- we still win this and I'm not thinking with my heart, really believe we are better than these guys and win it in an instant (Marchand)

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:41 AM
cat400

Thankfully this is a tv dictated schedule for the finals.

The two day beak should do wonders for our over worked dmen (3 ots) especially Chara and Seidenberg.

In our rush to blame who lost the Bruins the game, don't lose sight that the Black Hawks were the league's best team.

This series is being played with top 2 lines against the opponents top 2 lines versus a traditional checking line against the 1st line.

Hence the 1st 3 games were decided by the 3rd / 4th liners.

For the Bruins to win the Cup, the bottom six are probably going to have to produce some key goals.

cat400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:43 AM
KrejciMVP

Krejci and Horton!! Cmon guys!!!

KrejciMVP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:44 AM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

I was there for last night's game and got home too late to give much feedback. Overall, I think CJ said it correctly- they played like an average team. It was one of the games where they didn't play their best and Chicago played a game that made them look even worse. The good news is that they showed their resilience and forced OT.

Chicago definitely went to the tapes before this one- they came out working the neutral zone like Buffalo. They pushed Boston back, had them stop, slid the puck back and had the man with speed break through. It's a highly effective move when the B's are looking to stand you up at the blue line. Chicago also made sure to jump out to a lead and force the Bruins to make pinches and be more aggressive than usual. The guys actually looked a bit disheveled by this which I haven't seen much of this run. The problem with Chicago is that if you do try to make these plays 1. they do have the ability to beat you to it and 2. they have the talent to capitalize on it.

Because of the neutral zone play, Chicago did end up with more shots from good angles and were able to play 3rd man high - drop pass - shot. This meant that TR had much more traffic, gave up more rebounds and the Hawks were finally able to get to the net.

If I'm Boston, I'm looking to come out in Game two, hit early and be better in the neutral zone. That's where this series is being won. If the Bruins can get back to slowing the Hawks down and either forcing the dump or the shot from wide, they're going to render them useless. If they can't do that then it's going to be another shootout with whoever scores last winning.

If I'm Chicago, I'm looking to push the puck control and zone presence like I did. I'm continuing to go to the net and I'm looking to get Boston running around. I'd be nervous though about the fact that it takes very little for Boston to get on the board. Boston has shown that they can capitalize on small mistakes. Hawks will need to play an almost perfect game if Boston comes out and gives them any trouble in the neutral zone.

Game 5 is going to be a great one both ways. This series really is shaping up to be one of the best in years. Really is a showing of the 2 best teams in the game putting it all on the line for the cup. Was glad that I was able to get in there and be a part of it. Will be even more excited if our B's can raise the cup after game 6 when I'm there

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:44 AM
whatsbruin

vCash: 200
My heart says B's
My brain says Hawks.

That was a crucial game.

Too many B's not showing up on the score sheet.
Seguin absent the entire playoffs.
Krechi lately has been absent as well as Marchand.
Thats half of your top 6, and Horton appears to be
injured and not contributing a whole lot.

They need to move Chara off the PP.
He just isn't that good on it, and he could use that time to
rest and lower his playing time and be more effective when
killing penalties or 5 on 5.

Hawks gave us game 3.
We gave them game 4.
Hopefully the B's can earn 2 more wins, or have the Hawks
give them some games.

Good thing about the game is that you know the B's will
be pissed about it, and will be super focused.

They still can do it.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:46 AM
BlacknGold Barbarino

Win game 3 convincingly: "Hawks are demoralized! No way they come back! Best Bruins team EVAH!!!!!!"

Lose an insanely close game 4: "Wow, Bs are awful. We'll never win again. Everybody sucks!!!!"

Hfboards sign-ups should come with a free mental health screening, 'cause the highs aren't as good as you think and the lows aren't as bad as you think. Things like "how can you win the Cup if you give up 6 goals" are just flat out ridiculous when the opposition gave up 5 goals. Once again, either team could have won it. Story of the series outside of game 3. Easy on the nerves? No, but that's just the kind of series it is and will remain.

BlacknGold Barbarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:48 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Bad game for the Bs. Most of Boston goals were Crawford's fault, most of Chicago goals were team's fault. Lucky it went to OT. Can't believe all the hate Chara is getting. Sure he messed up, especially on the OT winner where he left Toews alone, but it was a team failure. What was Seguin thinking on that pp? Why did Kelly leave Kane alone? etc. The forwards couldn't maintain pressure in the offensive zone and the D had to defend most of the night. I really think Horton should sit, ever since it has been revealed he has shoulder problems, that line has been abysmal. Soderberg, Seguin, or whoever; Horton at 60% is useless and brings that line down. Yes Horton had a nice assist, but Lucic didn't have enough faith in him to spring him on a break away it seemed to me. We aren't winning anything without Krejci producing the next 3 games.

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:48 AM
BlacknGold Barbarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin View Post
My heart says B's
My brain says Hawks.

That was a crucial game.
Nah, not buying it. There is precisely zero game-to-game momentum in this series. Outside of the elimination games, each is just as "crucial" as the next.

BlacknGold Barbarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:49 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknGold Barbarino View Post
Nah, not buying it. There is precisely zero game-to-game momentum in this series. Outside of the elimination games, each is just as "crucial" as the next.
I don't buy it either.

These are two good, evenly matched teams. Each game is a completely separate beast.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:50 AM
C77

Bruins need more bad ice to play on. The ice in Game 3 was perfect.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:50 AM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Chicago did things backwards for success

Peverley was shockingly good...best skating this season, he had a level that Patrick Kane would want. If Leddy is hurt that could be an advantage as he is quick and can skate- Peverley gives me hope for the bottom 6

Krejci needs to stop being tough guy and more focused on making offensive plays than on smacking Toews around, but he needs to get back and be one of the best centers in the league

Krug is a spectacular power play point man- has vision, shot, sense- incredible weapon
Yes, yes and yes. Not going to lie, Krug last night had me over the top. I haven't seen a guy on this team able to run a power play like this kid has in years. Knows where everyone is on the ice and moves the puck just in time for everything. When he did have an issue, he got back and took his man out of the play so they could turn it back up ice. Incredible.

I said last night that Bergy is the clutchest guy in the game right now. When he wants it, he gets it done. Incredible. That line had some rough times last night but man, always impresses me.

Lucic on his goal shift was a beast. You could tell he wanted it and did everything to put it in. Beast mode.

Boychuk looked good- was aggressive, was there to play- loved his hip check on Sharp and then getting right back in there and telling him off.

Daug looked bad. I'd love to see Caron in next game for him.

Seguin- was a bit up and down for the night. Showed the effort you want to see out of him especially getting back to deflect that shot that went a mile high. Was better on the boards and like I've said in his thread, is getting better at using his body and finding timing on the power play to control the puck.

Marchand- was himself but is looking frustrated. He's missed a few opportunities now and is griping the stick a bit hard- he needs to be settled down and told to just go out there and play.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:51 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredUser View Post
I was there for last night's game and got home too late to give much feedback. Overall, I think CJ said it correctly- they played like an average team. It was one of the games where they didn't play their best and Chicago played a game that made them look even worse. The good news is that they showed their resilience and forced OT.

Chicago definitely went to the tapes before this one- they came out working the neutral zone like Buffalo. They pushed Boston back, had them stop, slid the puck back and had the man with speed break through. It's a highly effective move when the B's are looking to stand you up at the blue line. Chicago also made sure to jump out to a lead and force the Bruins to make pinches and be more aggressive than usual. The guys actually looked a bit disheveled by this which I haven't seen much of this run. The problem with Chicago is that if you do try to make these plays 1. they do have the ability to beat you to it and 2. they have the talent to capitalize on it.

Because of the neutral zone play, Chicago did end up with more shots from good angles and were able to play 3rd man high - drop pass - shot. This meant that TR had much more traffic, gave up more rebounds and the Hawks were finally able to get to the net.

If I'm Boston, I'm looking to come out in Game two, hit early and be better in the neutral zone. That's where this series is being won. If the Bruins can get back to slowing the Hawks down and either forcing the dump or the shot from wide, they're going to render them useless. If they can't do that then it's going to be another shootout with whoever scores last winning.

If I'm Chicago, I'm looking to push the puck control and zone presence like I did. I'm continuing to go to the net and I'm looking to get Boston running around. I'd be nervous though about the fact that it takes very little for Boston to get on the board. Boston has shown that they can capitalize on small mistakes. Hawks will need to play an almost perfect game if Boston comes out and gives them any trouble in the neutral zone.

Game 5 is going to be a great one both ways. This series really is shaping up to be one of the best in years. Really is a showing of the 2 best teams in the game putting it all on the line for the cup. Was glad that I was able to get in there and be a part of it. Will be even more excited if our B's can raise the cup after game 6 when I'm there
outstanding analysis- Doug Houda is a brilliant hockey mind I am told and is great at countering stuff like this and figuring out a simple but successful game plan.

I certainly want a Bruins Cup delivered in game 6 but if the Ghost of Eddie Shore appeared and told me he could guarantee a game 7th overtime and then the best team win, as intense as it would be I'd take it- they won 2 years ago, and this would be fantastic, but this as a 7th game overtime would be the ultimate

Old
06-20-2013, 08:52 AM
patty59

One of the worst defensive displays by the Bruins this season, but they still put up 5 goals and forced OT. We know they can tighten up and play better D so I don't think it's bridge jumping time yet.

Seidenberg and Chara need to be better and they will.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:54 AM
NeelyDan

"they can still do it"

Jesus, of course they can still do it. Crawford's been exposed, our D will bounce back, we'll win in Chicago and then the cup at home.

Period, lol.

NeelyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Braunbaer
Braunbär

vCash: 200
A decent performance by Crawford would have turned this into a blowout. Him sucking was the only reason this game was close. The Hawks dictated almost all of the play except for some few surges of the Bruins.
Well deserved win in a (for the Hawks) unnecessary close game.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:57 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Yes, yes and yes. Not going to lie, Krug last night had me over the top. I haven't seen a guy on this team able to run a power play like this kid has in years. Knows where everyone is on the ice and moves the puck just in time for everything. When he did have an issue, he got back and took his man out of the play so they could turn it back up ice. Incredible.

I said last night that Bergy is the clutchest guy in the game right now. When he wants it, he gets it done. Incredible. That line had some rough times last night but man, always impresses me.

Lucic on his goal shift was a beast. You could tell he wanted it and did everything to put it in. Beast mode.

Boychuk looked good- was aggressive, was there to play- loved his hip check on Sharp and then getting right back in there and telling him off.

Seguin- was a bit up and down for the night. Showed the effort you want to see out of him especially getting back to deflect that shot that went a mile high. Was better on the boards and like I've said in his thread, is getting better at using his body and finding timing on the power play to control the puck.

Marchand- was himself but is looking frustrated. He's missed a few opportunities now and is griping the stick a bit hard- he needs to be settled down and told to just go out there and play.
Think we're really going to love seeing a defense with Hamilton, Krug, and Bartkowski, specifically its ability to skate the puck out of trouble.

Forget just Daug, I'd have gone to Yeti-Pevs-Caron and really force Chicago to defend 4 lines.

MTaylorJ1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:57 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Two Hawks wins, they scored 10 goals. Not happening the rest of the way... Back to basics for the Bruins.

WBC8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:02 AM
C77

Chicago's defensemen were connecting on the long stretch pass and Boston's defensemen were icing the puck too much. Tough to succeed that way. I certainly thought that sooner or later the B's were going to end up with a delay of game putting the puck out of play because they kept clearing it high off the glass.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Xegiie

i feel like we gonna make it in 6. This was worst def game of Bruins and it aint happening again and if any blackhawk fan think they got rolling they ll be very suprised, i think its one of those games thats needed to kick you in the butt and make things happen.

Yes hawks were the better team tonight, but boston was 3 previous games.
The very positive thing is Jagr-Bergeron showing up with chemistry, thats something we have been missing... i really feel good about next 2 games.
Also i think Jagr is not going to score, its just is not in him now, he ll make some more nice passes tho

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:06 AM
Trap Jesus

The Jekyll and Hyde dynamic is back in full effect right now. If you look at all 4 games, we had a terrible 2nd and 3rd period in game 1, an abysmal 1st period in game 2, and an overall terrible game in game 4, with short little good outbursts thrown in randomly. Game 3 was our only complete effort. Terrible time for this team to sink back into its old ways.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:06 AM
DKH

Quote:

as we were walking to the game my daughter says any opinion tonight? and I say the Hawks have Captain Serious, but we have Captain Clutch- so I'm going with Bergeron to have a monster game. She says to me, "he's assistant captain, not captain"....I stop and think about it and realize 'oh, yah'....to bad they can't have 2 captains because I really like the nickname- and it sort of applies

Johnny 'Zombie' Boychuk is having the time of his life- that shot he took was going in be it on its own, on with the goalie. I watched him a lot in Providence, and he was almost a pretty moderate contact guy, with a great shot, a great mullet, and as my daughter and her friends say 'great eyes and smile'. Well, the only thing really noticeable these days from those days is the shot.

We sit behind Rask first and third in the second row so can see a lot of stuff not picked up on TV, and my favorite Hawk Patrick Sharp also is a dirty little ***** (not that there's anything wrong with that) but after being hit by Boychuk cleanly on two separate occasions, took a quick scan to his left at the lower ref who was presently focused on the play heading to the neutral zone, and turned his stick and gave Boychuk quite the whack the calf and JB was in a heep of pain, Boychuk stared yelling at the ref, but sorry Johnny he wasn't watching, I can vouch. Later Sharp did another little stick move and Boychuk went after him at him in the Boston area of the neutral zone. Boychuk was getting major kudos last night on NHL network as being one of the most underrated players in the game- those poor pinches he was known for making are now far and few between.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:09 AM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
The Jekyll and Hyde dynamic is back in full effect right now. If you look at all 4 games, we had a terrible 2nd and 3rd period in game 1, an abysmal 1st period in game 2, and an overall terrible game in game 4, with short little good outbursts thrown in randomly. Game 3 was our only complete effort. Terrible time for this team to sink back into its old ways.
I don't see it that way at all to be honest. The Chicago goals came directly off of brutal plays by the Bruins top players. That stuff is easily cleaned up, not to mention they are scoring a bunch of goals.

It wasn't even break downs on a few of Chicago's goals last night, it was straight head-up-the-ass decisions by the Bruins best players, Chara, Seidenberg, Lucic and Seguin. That stuff won't happen again. Next game will probably be 2-1.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote