Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daugavins

Old
06-20-2013, 02:13 AM
PJ StockBB

vCash: 500
I'd rather see Caron in there, that being said I can't believe how much heat Daugavins is getting. he wasn't good but he wasn't anywhere near the top of the list of reasons why we lost. sadly, when Campbell got injured we became a team that can only roll three lines. I'd rather see Caron at this point but nothing much will change if they put him in. that line still won't get much ice time.

our defense sucked tonight, Marchand was terrible, so was Seidenberg. the LKH line had their moments but they need to bring more. they are being keyed on, you got to give the hawks defense credit, they're slowing them down. I also didn't think Bergeron had a great game defensively by his standards, he's still unbelievable tho. not Rask's fault.

Chara and Seidenberg better be ready to go saturday against bickell/toews/kane line. they weren't tonight.

PJ StockBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 06:55 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Useless player.

USELESS.

This is all on Julien for leaving him in there --there has been plenty of evidence to suggest this is way over his head. What pisses me off is that he's not even getting on the body.
Who would you replace him with Colt? Do you think that Soderberg is suited to a 4th line role?

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:15 AM
remer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
Who would you replace him with Colt? Do you think that Soderberg is suited to a 4th line role?
Well he could not be any worst.

Big problem is Thorton needs to hit if he wants to play and he is not. He is too slow.

Daugavin needs to hit and he is not. He has speed but is dumb as a post.

Soderberg has some talent, can skate and has some hockey sense.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:58 AM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Soderberg: big body who is fresh with some actual hockey sense. Frolik and Stalberg started off on the 4th line and have been effective for the Hawks in this series.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:07 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Right now, Dog is giving them less than nothing. He looked timid, out of position, and lost out there again last night. If you were to go to Soda (which I highly doubt CJ would ever do) the addition by subtraction alone would be worth it. Dog has zero upside. He's doing things to potentially hurt you.

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:15 AM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
When we had Caron up here he didn't do anything that made me dislike his game.

bruinswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:21 AM
BoyntBergie

It was his best game of the series, but all that means is he managed not to do any damage to his own team. I think we're stuck with him for the series and would still rather see Soderberg or Caron, but hopefully he plays more like he did last night as opposed to games 1-3.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:21 AM
EverettMike

Daugavins is getting heat because the Bruins are essentially playing 11 forwards.

10 if you count the fact that Thornton has become almost unplayable according to Claude.

Caron can't be worse, unless he pulls a Shawn Michaels and superkicks Tuukka Rask through a barbershop window.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

I'm not sure if I could go to a Caron-Pev-Yeti line just because you're throwing 2 new elements out there that haven't been playing together in a series they haven't been in. If this was regular season, I'd be all for it....in this case I almost feel as if you can't go that extreme and Thorty stays in, Daug comes out.

If Daug is out then either guy really becomes available for you as both are left handed shots. I might consider Yeti to come in at center and slide Pevs to the wing but he's looked to be playing that role better than the wing as of late.

If you're leaving Pevs in the slot then I'd think that Caron has to be your wing. He's going to provide the board work, if you get into a jam he can go out on the pk, he's low risk/low reward which I think is preferred for the 4th line at the moment. Let him go out and just play a consistent game and give the other guys on the line a chance to make something happen.

.... a Caron-Yeti-Pevs line really is tempting though.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

What do you guys think about taking Both Daugavins & Thornton out of the lineup?

Replace them with Soderberg and Caron who are younger, faster and fresher.

Is this something that you would do for the next game or would you wait until you had home ice and last change?

EDIT: I see that I'm not the first to suggest this.

Old
06-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Soderberg: big body who is fresh with some actual hockey sense. Frolik and Stalberg started off on the 4th line and have been effective for the Hawks in this series.
What about adding Soderberg and Caron and taking Thornton and Daugavins out?

Old
06-20-2013, 11:02 AM
EverettMike

Would not remove Thornton; zero percent support for that.

Old
06-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Would not remove Thornton; zero percent support for that.
Any particular reason? I mean CJ is obviously afraid to play him in OT.

Old
06-20-2013, 11:14 AM
EverettMike

Quote:
Any particular reason? I mean CJ is obviously afraid to play him in OT.
He is an NHL player with lots of experience. He is not playing more minutes because his whole line is horrendous, with Daugavins being unplayable.

I do not want to replace Thornton, who I know can bring good stuff to the table, with a total wild card like Caron or Soderberg.

I figure they can't possibly be worse than Kaspars, but they can easily be worse than what Thornton might be with a competent linemate.

Old
06-20-2013, 11:24 AM
amazingcrwns
IBelieveThatWeWilWin

Quote:
He is an NHL player with lots of experience. He is not playing more minutes because his whole line is horrendous, with Daugavins being unplayable.

I do not want to replace Thornton, who I know can bring good stuff to the table, with a total wild card like Caron or Soderberg.

I figure they can't possibly be worse than Kaspars, but they can easily be worse than what Thornton might be with a competent linemate.
I agree with you EM, (again...) Thornton's experience, and presence on the bench are worth a lot in the playoffs. I wouldn't take him out of the lineup.

I'm all for replacing Daugavins with Soderberg or Caron. My personal preference is Soderberg because I like that he has experience at center. I wouldn't plan on playing him there, but injuries / penalties can happen throughout the course of a game. So I give the edge to the Yeti because of the added in-game roster flexibility.

amazingcrwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:

If Thornton brings so much why won't CJ play him in OT?

Old
06-20-2013, 11:53 AM
patty59

Quote:

I can't see Thornton coming out of the lineup, sadly I also can't see Daugavins coming out either. The fact that they have 2 guys on that line seeing 5mins per game hurts. It's not a big deal when Thornton only sees that much time, but 2 guys that see almost no ice is taxing on the other players, it also renders Peverley basically useless,, or more useless than he already is. He was good last night and it would be nice to roll him over the boards a few more shifts, but that line, ouch, it's bad. So you're left with 4 guys playing in the bottom 6 and line juggling galore.

I really don't know what Soderberg would bring at this point or Caron for that matter, but I have a hard time believing that they could be worse. It would sure be nice to throw out the 4th line and have them eat up some good minutes.

patty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:06 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
If Thornton brings so much why won't CJ play him in OT?
I just addressed this.

Old
06-20-2013, 02:22 PM
remer

Fourth line needs to do something.
They have done nothing since Campbell went down.

There is no way Soderberg could make this line any worst.

Thorton is just too slow. He thinks he is a player when he should be focussing on hitting. Get back to your game Shaun.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 02:42 PM
bruinsfan001

I'd like to see Caron get an opportunity, maybe it will spark something on that line. It would be a lateral move at worst so it can't hurt to try.

bruinsfan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
It was his best game of the series, but all that means is he managed not to do any damage to his own team. I think we're stuck with him for the series and would still rather see Soderberg or Caron, but hopefully he plays more like he did last night as opposed to games 1-3.
The Too Many Men call was on his head directly.

I don't want him to see any more ice.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 04:05 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
The Too Many Men call was on his head directly.

I don't want him to see any more ice.
Was it? Was in the building and haven't watched any video so that was something I didn't pick up on. It was probably one of the easiest too many men calls I've ever seen- B's had 6 skaters out for a solid 5 seconds it seemed.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 04:09 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Was it? Was in the building and haven't watched any video so that was something I didn't pick up on. It was probably one of the easiest too many men calls I've ever seen- B's had 6 skaters out for a solid 5 seconds it seemed.
Was supposed to head off on a change and instead of chipping it deep, he dropped the puck to Horton at the blueline and skated into the offensive zone. Horton stood there like "what the hell are you doing?" which led to the turnover and confusion.

Actually... I BELIEVE that was the penalty. But it may have just been a brutal play that led to something bad happening. Either way, it was a brutal play.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 04:15 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
Was supposed to head off on a change and instead of chipping it deep, he dropped the puck to Horton at the blueline and skated into the offensive zone. Horton stood there like "what the hell are you doing?" which led to the turnover and confusion.

Actually... I BELIEVE that was the penalty. But it may have just been a brutal play that led to something bad happening. Either way, it was a brutal play.
It was a really dump play! The team was completing a line change and he thought he could get cute with the puck and prove something.

06-20-2013, 04:16 PM
HuskyBruinPride

Definitely have had enough of Daugavins

I'd like to see the Yeti play but honestly I'd be a little hesitant considering his fit on the 4th line, lack of NHL experience, and the fact that he seems to shy away a bit from physical play. I think Caron could work out well on the 4th line, and there was a stretch last year that he started to look pretty good. Either player would be an upgrade IMO.

HuskyBruinPride is offline   Reply With Quote