HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This time next season..will Andrei Markov still be a Hab?

View Poll Results: Will he still be a Hab?
Yes 99 75.57%
No 32 24.43%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Pascal

vCash: 500
I've been using the higgins avatar since day one. I will sue you. See you in People's Court!

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markimark View Post
I hope BG has deep pockets because I think he will need them but do I think Markov will be back after this year...NO WAY...you will see him somewhere were he can blend into a city and not have any pressure. He hates Montreal, their media and their fans.
Markov has Don Meehan for an agent and Meehan is regarded as one of the top agents in the business. He will try to get Markov every penny he can.
Markov hasn't seemed happy since BG broke him and Rivet up. He definitely hasn't played as well since but it could be that Komi has taken away his thunder. He seems like a tempermental guy.
And what are you basing this off of?

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I've been using the higgins avatar since day one. I will sue you. See you in People's Court!
I got tired of my Latendresse one and Higgins is my favorite Hab

Old
10-16-2006, 11:58 PM
BORAT

Rumor has it he could be headed to ... well Dynamo Moscow !

He is one of the most homesick dudes in the NHL, Gainey will be putting pressure on Kovalev to have him stick around, I think they are good friends ...

Bizarelly enough I heard that Markov's best friend on the team is Aaron Downey ... what is it with Russians and potatoes !!!

Lets not underestimate Markov, we all know how dangerous he is, and that he has a pretty nasty side ( remember the poke check on Mario Lemieux while Lemieux was talking to the ref or that time he almost murdered a ref last year )

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 01:06 AM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post

He is one of the most homesick dudes in the NHL, Gainey will be putting pressure on Kovalev to have him stick around, I think they are good friends ...

Bizarelly enough I heard that Markov's best friend on the team is Aaron Downey ... what is it with Russians and potatoes !!!

Lets not underestimate Markov, we all know how dangerous he is, and that he has a pretty nasty side ( remember the poke check on Mario Lemieux while Lemieux was talking to the ref or that time he almost murdered a ref last year )
I wonder if Downey understands a word Markov says...

Old
10-17-2006, 01:31 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post

I do not remember that can you refresh my memory. Thanks in advance

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I sure as hell hope so
+1. I realy like Markov. I also like the fact that we've been developping players inside the organisation. I realy hope Markov stays w/o having to break the bank to keep him. Wishful thinking ? Maybe, but I do have hope :

Quote:
Well, general who doesn’t dream to be a marshal is bad.
A. Markov: No one knows where a player would end up tomorrow. Everything is unpredictable in the NHL, but if I would be able to spend my entire career in Montreal, why not?
http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?...erviews&id=438

Markov sounds like a very humble man in that interview. The article is a little over a year old.

Last edited by Orange: 10-17-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 09:00 AM
IcE ColD

Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
I hope he stays. Sincerely, I'd hate to see my favorite Habs player go away. It would hurt even more if it were to Moscow. Been a long time since we had such a good complete D-man.

IcE ColD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2006, 09:19 AM

I don't see why Gainey wouldn't attempt at resigning him during the year, as mentionned he's probably the best d-man available on the market after this year. How much Markov gets will greatly depend on his play and his production. I see he's making a more consistent effort at getting shots on goal, so I think he's definately playing for a contract.

He's my favorite player on the Habs, and probably my favorite player period. So there's nothing more i'd like to see than him in a Montreal uniform for a long time.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote