Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your overall thoughts on the 6-5 OT loss

Old
06-20-2013, 09:10 AM
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
damnit we needed that. Now it's a best of 3, this next game in Chicago is HUGE. I want to raise the cup in boston.

bruinswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:15 AM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
I don't see it that way at all to be honest. The Chicago goals came directly off of brutal plays by the Bruins top players. That stuff is easily cleaned up, not to mention they are scoring a bunch of goals.

It wasn't even break downs on a few of Chicago's goals last night, it was straight head-up-the-ass decisions by the Bruins best players, Chara, Seidenberg, Lucic and Seguin. That stuff won't happen again. Next game will probably be 2-1.
I'm not talking about just goals for and against, I'm talking about how the team looked overall. They managed to look lazy in a Cup Final.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Dwatson783
@dwatson783

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
as we were walking to the game my daughter says any opinion tonight? and I say the Hawks have Captain Serious, but we have Captain Clutch- so I'm going with Bergeron to have a monster game. She says to me, "he's assistant captain, not captain"....I stop and think about it and realize 'oh, yah'....to bad they can't have 2 captains because I really like the nickname- and it sort of applies

Johnny 'Zombie' Boychuk is having the time of his life- that shot he took was going in be it on its own, on with the goalie. I watched him a lot in Providence, and he was almost a pretty moderate contact guy, with a great shot, a great mullet, and as my daughter and her friends say 'great eyes and smile'. Well, the only thing really noticeable these days from those days is the shot.

We sit behind Rask first and third in the second row so can see a lot of stuff not picked up on TV, and my favorite Hawk Patrick Sharp also is a dirty little ***** (not that there's anything wrong with that) but after being hit by Boychuk cleanly on two separate occasions, took a quick scan to his left at the lower ref who was presently focused on the play heading to the neutral zone, and turned his stick and gave Boychuk quite the whack the calf and JB was in a heep of pain, Boychuk stared yelling at the ref, but sorry Johnny he wasn't watching, I can vouch. Later Sharp did another little stick move and Boychuk went after him at him in the Boston area of the neutral zone. Boychuk was getting major kudos last night on NHL network as being one of the most underrated players in the game- those poor pinches he was known for making are now far and few between.
Captain Clutch is perfect for him. When he wants to take over, he takes over. There's no excuses, no bs, no whining- just him getting the job done. Honestly, what more can you ask for?

I really like the Hawks- they're one of the big reasons I have GameCenter. Sharp is a great player and has always shown that he can show up in a big series. But you're right- him and Toews have been all about the extra garbage this series. I'm not going to throw stones in a glass house but it's a bit more than I expected out of those guys - especially the crying with Toews. While I don't want to see Krejci as focused on the extra stuff like you said, I do hope it makes him come out firing next game.

Lucic was right there in most of the scrums protecting anyone on his team which was great. Honestly, I don't think I'd mind if he even let it go over next game and rag dolled someone just to set the tone.

Dwatson783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:17 AM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

vCash: 50
Not sure what was wrong with the guys last night but as exciting as it was to watch them come back, they were horrible in the defensive zone.

Everyone gets a mulligan once in a while...so I'm not too worried. However, we have no 4th line at the moment which is sad.

06-20-2013, 09:17 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Game 5 will be very tough to win, but game 6 is an absolute must win regardless of the outcome in game 5... If we win game 5 and lose game 6 I think the series is going to the hawks. If we lose game 5 and win game 6 I think we can take the series

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:18 AM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
as we were walking to the game my daughter says any opinion tonight? and I say the Hawks have Captain Serious, but we have Captain Clutch- so I'm going with Bergeron to have a monster game. She says to me, "he's assistant captain, not captain"....I stop and think about it and realize 'oh, yah'....to bad they can't have 2 captains because I really like the nickname- and it sort of applies

Johnny 'Zombie' Boychuk is having the time of his life- that shot he took was going in be it on its own, on with the goalie. I watched him a lot in Providence, and he was almost a pretty moderate contact guy, with a great shot, a great mullet, and as my daughter and her friends say 'great eyes and smile'. Well, the only thing really noticeable these days from those days is the shot.

We sit behind Rask first and third in the second row so can see a lot of stuff not picked up on TV, and my favorite Hawk Patrick Sharp also is a dirty little ***** (not that there's anything wrong with that) but after being hit by Boychuk cleanly on two separate occasions, took a quick scan to his left at the lower ref who was presently focused on the play heading to the neutral zone, and turned his stick and gave Boychuk quite the whack the calf and JB was in a heep of pain, Boychuk stared yelling at the ref, but sorry Johnny he wasn't watching, I can vouch. Later Sharp did another little stick move and Boychuk went after him at him in the Boston area of the neutral zone. Boychuk was getting major kudos last night on NHL network as being one of the most underrated players in the game- those poor pinches he was known for making are now far and few between.
Sharp managed to generate my first genuine dislike for any Hawks players last night, which is saying something considering they have Shaw. He targeted Kelly with a fairly nasty, high, late hit in the first. Kelly was not happy, yapped at him for a fairly solid 2 minutes after, including from the bench. The B's seemed to notice as a team as well, because they ran Sharp any chance they had afterwards, and engaged him after some whistles.

Dude also needs to work on his goal celebration (you would think he's got enough practice). Thought he injured himself there after scoring in the 3rd. Looked like he was having a seizure.

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_physique View Post
Not sure what was wrong with the guys last night but as exciting as it was to watch them come back, they were horrible in the defensive zone.

Everyone gets a mulligan once in a while...so I'm not too worried. However, we have no 4th line at the moment which is sad.
Peverley might have been our best player last night. But as a unit, you're right.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
Peverley might have been our best player last night. But as a unit, you're right.
And that's what sucked about our 4th line as a unit...Peverly was on fire last night, but hurt Paille on the 3rd line!

Hopefully Claude makes an adjustment next game...Dawg is hurting that line at the moment.

Greek_physique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:22 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredUser View Post
Captain Clutch is perfect for him. When he wants to take over, he takes over. There's no excuses, no bs, no whining- just him getting the job done. Honestly, what more can you ask for?

I really like the Hawks- they're one of the big reasons I have GameCenter. Sharp is a great player and has always shown that he can show up in a big series. But you're right- him and Toews have been all about the extra garbage this series. I'm not going to throw stones in a glass house but it's a bit more than I expected out of those guys - especially the crying with Toews. While I don't want to see Krejci as focused on the extra stuff like you said, I do hope it makes him come out firing next game.

Lucic was right there in most of the scrums protecting anyone on his team which was great. Honestly, I don't think I'd mind if he even let it go over next game and rag dolled someone just to set the tone.
Both Bergeron & Lucic have captain material written all over them. Looch is still a little young, but when he wants to take over, he can carry the team on his back too. Unreal the have both of them on the team, when we already have a great leader in Chara.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:23 AM
TCL40

Team defense was tossed out the window-pretty sure Julien will clean that up.

Kind of a lazy game as well-passes were lazy and the Bruins lost the neutral zone.

Bad ice is this team's friend and the enemy of the Hawks. Hoping for some bad ice the next two to three games.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:24 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Sharp managed to generate my first genuine dislike for any Hawks players last night, which is saying something considering they have Shaw. He targeted Kelly with a fairly nasty, high, late hit in the first. Kelly was not happy, yapped at him for a fairly solid 2 minutes after, including from the bench. The B's seemed to notice as a team as well, because they ran Sharp any chance they had afterwards, and engaged him after some whistles.

Dude also needs to work on his goal celebration (you would think he's got enough practice). Thought he injured himself there after scoring in the 3rd. Looked like he was having a seizure.
ditto. I told my wife, somebody is going to get that guy after he had that exchange with Kelly, was happy someone did. And then I loved the fact that after he scored, the same guy that belted him scored the tying goal. If only we could have pulled off that comeback!! But I still can't get over what a fun, wide-open game that was...

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
Both Bergeron & Lucic have captain material written all over them. Looch is still a little young, but when he wants to take over, he can carry the team on his back too. Unreal the have both of them on the team, when we already have a great leader in Chara.
It seems like when we get in a helpless-looking situation, Looch starts to rally the troops, then Bergeron brings them back.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:25 AM
beaverjc

I think it came down to Chicago mandated the way the game was played and it didnt suit the Bruins style. Bruins seem to play on heels for 10 minutes, weather the storm, get a goal or two then trap and defend. Last nights game was way too open. Bruins hung in there but it suits Chicagos style better and the scoreboard reflected that.

I am very concerned at this point. I felt whoever won this game would win the Cup. Bruins obviously would have gone up 3-1 but now Chicago has momentum and home ice. Best of 3 is scary.

Bergeron has been fantastic. Marchand has disappeared....

beaverjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:26 AM
TCL40

Quote:
And that's what sucked about our 4th line as a unit...Peverly was on fire last night, but hurt Paille on the 3rd line!

Hopefully Claude makes an adjustment next game...Dawg is hurting that line at the moment.
Honestly they need to put Yeti (can he really be worse with 6 minutes of play)? Or Caron.

Personally I would try the Yeti to see what he can do. Dogman skated less than 6 minutes-Julien needs to find a player who can make that line chug and Dogman isn't it.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Trap Jesus

Quote:

I don't think Dog has been particularly bad, it's just that he's a non-factor. Julien clearly doesn't trust Thornton right now, which hurts that line.

Old
bruinswincup
Black&Gold4ever!!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to bruinswincup Send a message via Skype™ to bruinswincup
we ****ed over Rask big time last night. Sucks.

bruinswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Rubber Biscuit
Noted Loui Apologist

Game 5 is going to be a lot closer to game 3 than game 4.

Rubber Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
I don't think Dog has been particularly bad, it's just that he's a non-factor. Julien clearly doesn't trust Thornton right now, which hurts that line.
I just feel Dawg is trying to do toooooo much. In the 2nd period, he had a chance to dump the puck into the zone to peel off for a change, but decided to pass the puck to Horton on the half boards...it was a horrible pass that allowed Chicago to come back the other way for a glorious scoring chance.

I have a feeling Caron will move onto that 4th line....he's played with Peverly before and is a bigger body that can skate well.

Right now Dawg isn't even playing on the PK

Old
06-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Hamilton Brian

Had to watch it on DVR this morning. When I saw how long the recording was, I was happy but worried. There were too many goals last night that looked like Chara was just out of position, flat-footed, and lost. I expect Saturday's performance will be MUCH better. That goal scored while Chara was on all fours in the blue was a heartbreaker to see.

Hamilton Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Turk 16

The Bruins played probably their worst defensive game of the playoffs and still barely lost. Iím confident they can still win this, whether it takes six or seven.

GO BRUINS!!!

Turk 16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Brian View Post
Had to watch it on DVR this morning. When I saw how long the recording was, I was happy but worried. There were too many goals last night that looked like Chara was just out of position, flat-footed, and lost. I expect Saturday's performance will be MUCH better. That goal scored while Chara was on all fours in the blue was a heartbreaker to see.
Chara wasn't very good by any means, but I think Seidenberg should take the brunt of most of the blame for last night. One of the goals was off one of the worst pinches you're ever going to see, and the OT goal was off of him completely misplaying the puck. Very rough night for Seids.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Trap Jesus

Quote:
I just feel Dawg is trying to do toooooo much. In the 2nd period, he had a chance to dump the puck into the zone to peel off for a change, but decided to pass the puck to Horton on the half boards...it was a horrible pass that allowed Chicago to come back the other way for a glorious scoring chance.

I have a feeling Caron will move onto that 4th line....he's played with Peverly before and is a bigger body that can skate well.

Right now Dawg isn't even playing on the PK
Unless a guy has been a real detriment to the team, I'd leave him in there. Caron hasn't played an NHL game since mid-April. With 2-3 games left in the Cup Final, I think it's too risky to bring in guys that haven't played in a while, unless you absolutely need to.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by acr View Post
Rask should've had the OT goal, but the five others weren't his fault at all. Most of them were no-chancers due to the defense.

Seidenberg and Chara had an abysmal game, and Lucic's turnover was bad too.

But the positive trends are that we carried play from the mid-second period on (including OT), and Rask is clearly outplaying Crawford. If those things hold, we should win the series. Chicago's puck luck can't last that long.
Can't agree that Rask shares no fault in the other goals. Unlike the other games, his rebound control last night was not that great. A couple of the goals were due to poorly controlled rebounds. It sure would have helped if his defensemen had helped him out with clearing some of those rebounds, though.

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:49 AM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Which goal do you guys exactly blame Rask for?

Chicago's gameplan was to create a lot of traffic infront of the net...with the exception of the Kane goal (although he still made 2 saves before it went to Kane) I don't think he can be faulted on any of them...especially the OT one.

Chara should've cleared Toews before Seabrook shot the puck...Rask couldn't see anything to the right of him.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Patty in Modesto
Rookie User

Here are my thoughts. Anyone claiming that Seidenberg had a bad game wasn't watching. He made ONE real mistake all game, the bad pinch leading to the fourth goal. Apart than that, he was a rock as usual. Only armchair experts expect a defenceman to play over 30 minutes of mistake-free hockey.

Bergeron was a man possessed in the second half of the game. It's just too bad we couldn't get it done for him. With Krejci looking so quiet the past 3 games, Bergeron should now be the main contender to Rask for the Conn Smythe.

While on that point, KREJCI has been invisible the past 3 games and needs to step it up. It appears that as Horton goes, so does Krejci - now that Nathan is being hampered by injury, Krejci is suddenly struggling out there. I think David really depends on his linemates to open up space for him.

For me, LUCIC is the goat of the game. That boneheaded pass which put us two men short and resulted in Sharp's goal was by far the worst mistake made by a Bruin all night. Simply inexcusable.

It's unfortunate that the series is all square at 2-2. This was the only game that Chicago even somewhat deserved to win, and they only managed to do so because we made some uncharacteristic mistakes. I will be furious if we lose this series.

Patty in Modesto is offline   Reply With Quote