HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl - chi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-20-2013, 07:45 AM
  #1
WolfgangAmadeusEller*
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Burlington
Country: United States
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
Mtl - chi

To Chicago: Carey Price. Overrated, bad contract, can't handle the pressure in Montreal, needs a new start..

To Montreal: Corey Crawford. Underrated, homeboy.. and you wonder sometimes how long the virulent scapegoating of Crawfrod by Chicago fans can continue.

Thoughts?

WolfgangAmadeusEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:50 AM
  #2
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,868
vCash: 500
Not a chance from the Habs' POV. I would say Price has now graduated to "under-rated" by most Habs fans. His contract is fair. He seems to be handling the pressure fine. Crawford is a very solid goalie too, but I don't think he has the upside that Price does, and the Habs need their goalie pretty badly.

I wouldn't do it from the Hawks' POV either, mind you... if it ain't broke, why change anything? They're winning and Crawford is playing great for them and has a low cap hit they'll probably need for next year. Pass/pass.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:50 AM
  #3
CP31
Registered User
 
CP31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Welland, ON
Posts: 1,785
vCash: 500
No thanks. Three bad weeks in a shortened season won't make me want to get rid of price.

CP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 07:59 AM
  #4
gudzilla
Registered User
 
gudzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,771
vCash: 500
price is still an elite young goaltender, markov being slow playing too many minutes didnt help (he's still elite, nn hate here)
would take price 10/10 times

gudzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:34 AM
  #5
PATCHESx67
Registered User
 
PATCHESx67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Island MTL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 500
carey price on a bad day is still better then crawford on a good day

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:37 AM
  #6
vokiel
I hate blind passes
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
You don't trade/move goalies after a shortened season. With that taken into consideration Chicago would be crazy to pass on this.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:43 AM
  #7
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado
 
Mathias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
You don't trade/move goalies after a shortened season. With that taken into consideration Chicago would be crazy to pass on this.
Considering the Hawks would add almost $4 million dollars to their cap in the proposed deal, I say the Hawks pass.

Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:45 AM
  #8
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Considering the Hawks would add almost $4 million dollars to their cap in the proposed deal, I say the Hawks pass.

The Habs would pass on this one anyways but Crawford has 1 year left then he is UFA, He will be due a fat raise so the difference isnt that much.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:46 AM
  #9
Sureves
Registered User
 
Sureves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 7,135
vCash: 500
I thought this was a troll thread and then read responses.

Are you serious right now?

Price is infinitely better than Crawford to the point where contract doesn't even matter.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:48 AM
  #10
vokiel
I hate blind passes
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 7,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Considering the Hawks would add almost $4 million dollars to their cap in the proposed deal, I say the Hawks pass.
I don't think that's good reason enough. You make room for this kind of player.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:52 AM
  #11
iane
turtleneck
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tromsø
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
seriously how do people come up with these trades?

iane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 08:55 AM
  #12
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado
 
Mathias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I don't think that's good reason enough. You make room for this kind of player.
Last time I checked the Hawks are playing in the finals, and Crawford has showed that he is more then capable to help the team win. So why would the Hawks go out of their way, clearing cap space, to fill a need they don't have right now.

I am not saying Crawford is a better goaltender, but he is good enough for the Hawks to win. Had the Hawks lost in the first round after losing 5-0 in four straight games, then I could see an argument for an upgrade in net, and for clearing cap space to achieve that. But not now, with Crawford giving them a solid option in net.

Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:05 AM
  #13
Mathias
Fighting Aficionado
 
Mathias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Not a chance from the Habs' POV. I would say Price has now graduated to "under-rated" by most Habs fans. His contract is fair. He seems to be handling the pressure fine. Crawford is a very solid goalie too, but I don't think he has the upside that Price does, and the Habs need their goalie pretty badly.

I wouldn't do it from the Hawks' POV either, mind you... if it ain't broke, why change anything? They're winning and Crawford is playing great for them and has a low cap hit they'll probably need for next year. Pass/pass.
Feels like this thread could have been locked after the first reply.

Mathias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:40 AM
  #14
88pk19jt
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Newmarket, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
If the hawks had cap room I'm sure bowman would accept the deal in a heart beat.

88pk19jt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:44 AM
  #15
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,435
vCash: 500
Habs would be dumb to make that move.

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:50 AM
  #16
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 10,772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
I thought this was a troll thread and then read responses.

Are you serious right now?

Price is infinitely better than Crawford to the point where contract doesn't even matter.
im surprised nobody caught on the fairly obvious sarcasm of the op...

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:50 AM
  #17
sharks9
Registered User
 
sharks9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,062
vCash: 500
Not a chance from the Habs, absolutely terrible proposal.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 09:54 AM
  #18
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Exiled from Reality
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,880
vCash: 500
Add Seabrook and the Habs think about it...

BigDaddyLurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:04 AM
  #19
Strik_IX
No excuses!
 
Strik_IX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
I'm sorry, I prefer goalies who actually have a glove hand. No way in hell MTL does this without any addition on the Hawks' part.

Strik_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:19 AM
  #20
CreeksideStrangler
Registered User
 
CreeksideStrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 500
This can't be a real thread...

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:18 AM
  #21
Habsawce
Registered User
 
Habsawce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 14,672
vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mind View Post
To Chicago: Carey Price. Overrated, bad contract, can't handle the pressure in Montreal, needs a new start..

To Montreal: Corey Crawford. Underrated, homeboy.. and you wonder sometimes how long the virulent scapegoating of Crawfrod by Chicago fans can continue.

Thoughts?
Thoughts? Crawl back in your hole that's my thought.

Habsawce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:56 AM
  #22
EbonyRaptor
Registered User
 
EbonyRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boonies
Country: United States
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
The reputation that Price has - that he is this great goalie, is not supported by the facts.

Here are Price's save percentages through his NHL career:

2007/08 - .920
2008/09 - .905
2009/10 - .912
2010/11 - .923
2011/12 - .916
2012/13 - .905

Here are Crawford's save percentages through his NHL career

2010/11 - .917
2011/12 - .903
2112/13 - .926

So how is it that Price is deemed to be such a superior goalie compared with Crawford?

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:59 AM
  #23
PATCHESx67
Registered User
 
PATCHESx67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: West Island MTL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Last time I checked the Hawks are playing in the finals, and Crawford has showed that he is more then capable to help the team win. So why would the Hawks go out of their way, clearing cap space, to fill a need they don't have right now.

I am not saying Crawford is a better goaltender, but he is good enough for the Hawks to win. Had the Hawks lost in the first round after losing 5-0 in four straight games, then I could see an argument for an upgrade in net, and for clearing cap space to achieve that. But not now, with Crawford giving them a solid option in net.
yea imagine those same hawks but with Carey Price in net no offense to Crawford but he isnt even good,Carey is miles away from Corey

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 11:59 AM
  #24
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 9,446
vCash: 500
The Hawks don't have cap space for a high priced goaltender.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:00 PM
  #25
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 11,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
The reputation that Price has - that he is this great goalie, is not supported by the facts.

Here are Price's save percentages through his NHL career: (...)
While save-percentages and other so-called "goaltending stats" may be facts, they aren't overly meaningful, and certainly incapable of representing a goaltender's ability.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.