HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Rumors and Speculation Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2013, 08:53 AM
FLYERSFAN18

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
I'm torn on Schenn playing the wing. I feel like his skill is maximized at center. It's a hard decision when you have three good centers. Also PL should never in his right mind break up Voracek and Giroux. That's a deadly duo. Voracek takes pressure off of G. Teams now have to account for Voracek instead of put all the coverage on Giroux.
The reason you would take him off Giroux's wing is to spread the scoring throughout the lineup

Old
06-20-2013, 08:58 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
The reason you would take him off Giroux's wing is to spread the scoring throughout the lineup
Naw. G needs to play with the best winger. Guys like Schenn, Couts, and Hartnell are going to have to produce.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:03 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Schenn has ot stay in the middle, but he needs a guy to give him the puck

Hartnell-Giroux-Read
SImmonds-Schenn-Voracek
XXX-Couturier-XXX
Talbot-Laughton/XXX-Rinaldo
Rosehill

Old
06-20-2013, 09:10 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

I feel like the only reason wed be after Richards is if homer expects one of Couturier or Schenn to be traded...

Old
06-20-2013, 09:13 AM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Schenn has ot stay in the middle, but he needs a guy to give him the puck

Hartnell-Giroux-Read
SImmonds-Schenn-Voracek
XXX-Couturier-XXX
Talbot-Laughton/XXX-Rinaldo
Rosehill

IIRC we had a hartnell - giroux - read line through a short time last season and all i can remember is good things. I really hope we don't trade Read away because he just hit his stride and I predict will be on the same level Voraceks at this season.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:21 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerFetish View Post
IIRC we had a hartnell - giroux - read line through a short time last season and all i can remember is good things. I really hope we don't trade Read away because he just hit his stride and I predict will be on the same level Voraceks at this season.
I like Read a lot and think he is a great player to have, but that is lofty expectations. I hope he reaches it, but again very high expectations.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:23 AM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Quote:
I like Read a lot and think he is a great player to have, but that is lofty expectations. I hope he reaches it, but again very high expectations.
I'm not a fortune teller so usually my predictions fall flat on their face. I've got Blackhawks in 7 against Boston.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:31 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
That might be the reason, but G is more a playmaker than offensive threat (unless he's on a breakaway-- he gets a a fair share of goals only from that). G should have the best scorer on his wing to maximize the upside of both. I wouldn't toy with that synergy.

...that's the majority of the reason why people want to bring in ANOTHER winger for his other side (Ryan, etc)-- and instead we have people who want to pull talented wingers off him? Seems odd.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:37 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
That might be the reason, but G is more a playmaker than offensive threat (unless he's on a breakaway-- he gets a a fair share of goals only from that). G should have the best scorer on his wing to maximize the upside of both. I wouldn't toy with that synergy.

...that's the majority of the reason why people want to bring in ANOTHER winger for his other side (Ryan, etc)-- and instead we have people who want to pull talented wingers off him? Seems odd.
I'm one of them. I just wouldn't trade the #11 this year. I would trade next years first for him. But they would probably want Coburn and then that would leave us needing a top 4 defender. Maybe Coburn, Read, 2014 First and/or 2013 second for Ryan and Sbisa.

Hartnell/Schenn-Giroux-Ryan
Hartnell/Schenn-Couturier-Voracek
Gagne-Laughton-Simmonds
McGinn-Talbot-Rinaldo

Timonen-Schenn
Streit-Sbisa
Grossmann-Gus

Mason
Emery/Thomas/UFA

I would be really happy with that

Old
06-20-2013, 09:50 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

Yeah, that's not bad.

I wouldn't trade the 11th either unless it was absolutely a good deal. I would hang on to the 41st as well -- given the fermentation period defensemen need (like a good ale, they need some good bottom of the barrel fermenting and aging) and alot of D-man contracts expiring for the Flyers near that time-- IF it is a tie between a forward and defenseman as the BPA with the 41st I would lean towards the defenseman, even a defensive defenseman as the team should start looking NOW the future post Coburn/Grossmann should they need to reload.

It's like Meltzer stated-- you really want replacements at every position coming through the ranks. I think, sometimes with our preoccupation with a transitional defenseman or a Flyersesque forward-- we overlook the need to reload some D-heavy d-men.

Sorry, got off on a bit of a tangent here responding to your original point.

Old
06-20-2013, 10:03 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Eklund says E4 for JB and price is high. If ****ing Holmer trades the 1st rounder, 10 or 14 for JB,

Old
06-20-2013, 10:10 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
Eklund says E4 for JB and price is high. If ****ing Holmer trades the 1st rounder, 10 or 14 for JB,
Agreed, all of those should be off the table for him

Old
06-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

If true it's because GMs are outbidding themselves. All for a goalie that could be a potential bust. Goalies are so unpredictable. I don't care what their potential is.

Old
06-20-2013, 10:19 AM
FLYERSFAN18

Buy out Bryz sign a veteran goalie like emery or thomas and see if mason has what it takes to be the starter of the future.

Old
06-20-2013, 10:22 AM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Buy out Bryz sign a veteran goalie like emery or thomas and see if mason has what it takes to be the starter of the future.
I want Bernier for Read, if not, sign a Vet for 1 year to see if Mason's last games here was a fluke or not . Emery will want multiple years imo.

Old
06-20-2013, 10:40 AM
litflyersfan

Quote:
I was saying this in another thread, also there are going to be some serious goal-tending talent available next off-season, if Mason doesn't have what it takes. Rather just give Mason a chance with an above average back-up on short term deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post
Anyone besides me want to give Ray Emery another chance? I really liked the guy when he was here. 1A/1B combo with Mason, really would like to give Mason a chance to rebound. Give Emery a one year deal and go after Lundqvist, Miller, Hiller or Halak next off-season. Not a fan of the Bernier-Read idea. I wouldn't give LA anything more than we got for Bob or what Tampa gave for Lindback.
Quote:
I want Bernier for Read, if not, sign a Vet for 1 year to see if Mason's last games here was a fluke or not . Emery will want multiple years imo.
Crap! Can't blame Emery for wanting to cash out after the season he had (17-1-0, 1.94GAA, SV .922). Really hoping we could get him on a one year deal. I'd be willing to overpay to a certain extent monetarily ($3 mil max) but not on term (health issues). Who else is realistically in the market for a goalie, Toronto, Edmonton, Calary (Kipper issues), Pens (Fluery meltdowns ), Isles, NJ (eventual Marty replacement) and Yotes? Just want to know who we could potentially be bidding against.

Last edited by litflyersfan: 06-20-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old
06-20-2013, 10:49 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
I think Read for JB is high, maybe Ek feels the same. "High" could mean anything.

Old
06-20-2013, 10:50 AM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymed View Post
All this talk about Raymond.

His feet are too fast for his head and hands. Being from BC, I've had the misfortune of watching too much Canucks. I don't see anywhere he can contribute to this lineup. I definitely would be disappointed to add him.
I've watched a lot of Raymond over the years and you hit the nail on the head with the bold.

He's a decent penalty killer, but that's not enough to warrant a look on this roster, in my opinion.

06-20-2013, 10:58 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
if you are trading for Bouwmeester, Coburn is likely headed the other way. if not the Flyers and Flames are not good trading partners for Bouwmeester. Personally I wouldnt do it. That is just more salary added to the already expensive blueline.

Old
06-20-2013, 11:00 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
if you are trading for Bouwmeester, Coburn is likely headed the other way. if not the Flyers and Flames are not good trading partners for Bouwmeester. Personally I wouldnt do it. That is just more salary added to the already expensive blueline.
...what?

Old
06-20-2013, 11:03 AM
litflyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Think JB is referring to Jonathan Bernier not Jay Bouwmeester. If that's the asking price tell Lombardi to go **** himself, offer-sheet is coming in hot.

Old
06-20-2013, 11:05 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
...what?
He thought JB was Bouwmeester

Old
06-20-2013, 11:11 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Think JB is referring to Jonathan Bernier not Jay Bouwmeester. If that's the asking price tell Lombardi to go **** himself, offer-sheet is coming in hot.
Just had this image of Homer flying a B-52 and carpet bombing the country with offer sheets.

Old
06-20-2013, 11:14 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post
...what?
Quote:
yes i was thinking Bouwmeester. I dont read anything on Eklunds site outside of Meltzer's stuff. Add that to the fact I have been awake for less then an hour and I have never heard Jonathan Bernier referred to as JB.
I still would do Read for Bernier. If Lombardi wants Couturier yeah i agree tell him to take a hike.

Old
06-20-2013, 11:16 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Isles beat writer on hockeybuzz seems pretty confident that Niederreiter will be traded at the draft. I'd love us to pick him up, but not sure what wed give for him and not sure why the isles would be interested in dealing him to a division rival though...

Closed Thread