HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You are GMDP

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-30-2013, 11:19 AM
  #26
Predsrule
Registered User
 
Predsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,655
vCash: 500
ok lets try. kept my ufas to people i think we really have a chance in signing over lets go for the big name kinda thing.

Draft day.
1) draft BPA in order of jones, mac, barkov
2) Trade Blum/Sk/ other to try and grab one of
Justin Bailey,Connor Hurley,Marko Dano
3) use the later rounds mosrtly on Def to add some more depth there du to many being moved up or shiped off.

Canada day;
1) go after a short plug center pref one that can pass the puck and has skill.
Weiss (5), Roy (4.25) if nether wants to sign then i dot like anyone else in the ufa market enough to take.
2) Top 4 d with experance to help the young guys.
Hainsey(4) Streit(5) Whitney(3.5)
3) get a scoring winger pref one that has some size but not many out there so....
Horton(5) MacArthur(3) Boyes( 2.5) Bouchard (3) Prospal (2.5)
4) back up ggoalie.
rather in this order , Theodore Montoya Greiss

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2013, 06:56 PM
  #27
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,239
vCash: 500
Draft BPA

Sign Streit

Get best Backup G you can.

Tease Colorado with a package of Radulov and Smith. (They saw what the combo of Smith and Stasny can do too)

Try and get one GOOD buyout candidate for the forwards.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 09:48 AM
  #28
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Draft BPA

Sign Streit

Get best Backup G you can.

Tease Colorado with a package of Radulov and Smith. (They saw what the combo of Smith and Stasny can do too)

Try and get one GOOD buyout candidate for the forwards.
Not at 3 years for 5.5-6/per copy ... no way for a 3rd pairing dman

I'm on board with the Colorado idea

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 10:50 AM
  #29
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,297
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Draft BPA

Sign Streit

Get best Backup G you can.

Tease Colorado with a package of Radulov and Smith. (They saw what the combo of Smith and Stasny can do too)

Try and get one GOOD buyout candidate for the forwards.
one more time for good measure.

the KHL and NHL now respect each other's contracts and Radulov is signed in the KHL for 3 more years.

Rad's rights have ZERO trade value.

Striet is only a good sign if we believe we have a shot at the Cup in the next two years, otherwise he is likely overpaid for what he will bring us

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 10:55 AM
  #30
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,239
vCash: 500
A) if you are going to make a move for new forwards you need to move current ones. Also, I just want to get rid of the specter of Rads just go!

B) I see the Preds still as a cup level team especially will a full training camp and practices

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 03:35 PM
  #31
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
Not at 3 years for 5.5-6/per copy ... no way for a 3rd pairing dman

I'm on board with the Colorado idea
I'd go 3 yrs/ 5 mil in a heartbeat. Our top 4 would be leathal.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2013, 09:01 PM
  #32
Predsrule
Registered User
 
Predsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
I'd go 3 yrs/ 5 mil in a heartbeat. Our top 4 would be leathal.
Streit would not be the same player here. Would be much like how mike green off numbers went way down with a new coach and system only streit doesn't have the rest of the game or the young age on his side to adapt to it in my view. On side note I hate typing on an iPhone

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 01:22 AM
  #33
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,808
vCash: 500
I start by modeling ourselves as the next Boston Bruins.

1. Draft PBA or try to trade pick for Statsny
2. Trade SK +Ellis for a pick
3. Trade Paul Guastad for a Brandon Yip kind of center.
4. Sign two of Nathan Horton, Stephan Weiss, Viktor Stalberg, Michael Ryder, or Ryan Clowe
5. Sign one of Streit, Ference, Hainsey, or Whitney

FORWARDS
Ryane Clowe ($4.500m) / Paul Stastny ($6.600m) / Patric Hornqvist ($4.250m)
Colin Wilson ($2.000m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Filip Forsberg ($1.461m)
Gabriel Bourque ($0.775m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Michael Ryder ($3.000m)
Nick Spaling ($1.100m) / Taylor Beck ($0.887m) / Craig Smith ($2.000m)
DEFENSEMEN
Roman Josi ($3.500m) / Shea Weber ($7.857m)
Kevin Klein ($2.900m) / Ryan Whitney ($2.500m)
Victor Bartley ($0.578m) / Jonathon Blum ($0.715m)
GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)
Jose Theodore ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,822,143; BONUSES: $510,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,987,857


Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 06-06-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 08:11 PM
  #34
FaceOfTheFranchise
Registered User
 
FaceOfTheFranchise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
I start by modeling ourselves as the next Boston Bruins.

1. Draft PBA or try to trade pick for Statsny
2. Trade SK +Ellis for a pick
3. Trade Paul Guastad for a Brandon Yip kind of center.
4. Sign two of Nathan Horton, Stephan Weiss, Viktor Stalberg, Michael Ryder, or Ryan Clowe
5. Sign one of Streit, Ference, Hainsey, or Whitney

FORWARDS
Ryane Clowe ($4.500m) / Paul Stastny ($6.600m) / Patric Hornqvist ($4.250m)
Colin Wilson ($2.000m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Filip Forsberg ($1.461m)
Gabriel Bourque ($0.775m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / Michael Ryder ($3.000m)
Nick Spaling ($1.100m) / Taylor Beck ($0.887m) / Craig Smith ($2.000m)
DEFENSEMEN
Roman Josi ($3.500m) / Shea Weber ($7.857m)
Kevin Klein ($2.900m) / Ryan Whitney ($2.500m)
Victor Bartley ($0.578m) / Jonathon Blum ($0.715m)
GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($7.000m)
Jose Theodore ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,822,143; BONUSES: $510,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $2,987,857
This is a pretty confident expectation that the Preds will be able to sign 3 total (and 2 of the top wingers) free agents this summer without overpaying...save for Ryan Clowe...whatever number he gets over $3.5 mil I will consider overpayment, but that's free agency.

Would love to pick up Michael Ryder, don't see him signing for anything less than $4 mil per though. Has played in defensive systems (Claude Julien's Bruins) and excelled as a high % shooter.

Ryan Whitney would be an interesting pickup. He has had a pretty rough go in Edmonton, but remember this is free agency. With the amount of suitors, no matter how bad he's been recently, I see his price tag in the $3-3.5 mil range. I wouldn't want to spend that kind of money on a player that has been in the pressbox on one of the worst defensive teams in the league this past year.

FaceOfTheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 09:56 AM
  #35
Cashville
RIP Lindback
 
Cashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
I'm on board with being the Bruins-lite (we already have the playstyle thoroughly ingrained), but there is no chance in hell we are signing three of the stated free agents in a fairly light FA class. In terms of roster players, I think we are going to likely lose more than we gain or remain close to status quo. Poile offloading SK / Blum / etc. for picks would not surprise me. I think we land one middle tier FA.

I also think we're mediocre for the next year at least (7-11 finish) and possibly another year after that. Maybe NoNeck is wearing off on me haha.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-08-2013, 10:20 AM
  #36
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,808
vCash: 500
Remember that the cap goes down next year and most teams will be looking to dump some cap.

I could see the preds getting two forwards, one d man, and one backup netminder in free agency.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 01:50 AM
  #37
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustlechuck24 View Post
Remember that the cap goes down next year and most teams will be looking to dump some cap.

I could see the preds getting two forwards, one d man, and one backup netminder in free agency.
I hope you are right.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:59 AM
  #38
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
I got a feeling Poile and the Preds are going to make some decisions and moves today.. Anyone got a prediction?

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:00 AM
  #39
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
I got a feeling Poile and the Preds are going to make some decisions and moves today.. Anyone got a prediction?
I could see our RFAs getting locked up, and maybe Yip or something...but that's about it.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 10:06 AM
  #40
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I could see our RFAs getting locked up, and maybe Yip or something...but that's about it.
Agreed. Next big day for the franchise will be June 30

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 01:14 PM
  #41
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
I got a feeling Poile and the Preds are going to make some decisions and moves today.. Anyone got a prediction?
Why today?

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2013, 09:49 PM
  #42
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Why today?
Poile has said he plans to have decisions made on some players by the end of this week. Who works on Fridays anymore..lol

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:39 PM
  #43
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
I would find a good motivated young replacement and QUIT!

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:07 PM
  #44
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,638
vCash: 500
Now what to do, what to do. We have a crapload of dmen, mostly 3rd pairing calibers. We almost have to unload Blum at the draft. For what though, who knows?

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 02:56 PM
  #45
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 14,297
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Now what to do, what to do. We have a crapload of dmen, mostly 3rd pairing calibers. We almost have to unload Blum at the draft. For what though, who knows?
Blum will bve traded. I know Philly covets a big ticket defenseman but they are in a tough spot cap wise and their 2nd and 3rd pair d-men are getting cap hits in the 3.5 to 4 mil range.

I wonder if Philly would take Blum and give us Meszaros or Grossman. Yes they downgrade as far as skill but they save cap room of 2.5 to 3 mil

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 03:58 PM
  #46
Top 6 Spaling
Registered User
 
Top 6 Spaling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 10,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Blum will bve traded. I know Philly covets a big ticket defenseman but they are in a tough spot cap wise and their 2nd and 3rd pair d-men are getting cap hits in the 3.5 to 4 mil range.

I wonder if Philly would take Blum and give us Meszaros or Grossman. Yes they downgrade as far as skill but they save cap room of 2.5 to 3 mil
This deal makes quite a bit of sense to me.

My #1 preference is using Blum to upgrade a forward (Like Blum+Legwand for Stastny or something), but the odds of that happening are low. If Poile can't find that deal, this is a decent one.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:12 PM
  #47
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,239
vCash: 500
Let me revise my options

If I was GMDP.


1) Just draft the best player available. Rumors are abound, Barkov may stay a year, Nich tore up his KHL deal, COL might not pick Jones. i would not actively pursue a deal let them come to me. If Florida drafts MacK and they was Drouin and offer basically EVERYTHING plus the deed to the arena, I would listen.

2) Get a 2nd. Find a way to turn a 4th into a 2nd. The comments I hear are the 1st rd level talents break between 40-50.

3) After draft, call Edmonton. I honestly think that a SK/Blum deal would be in the best interests for both teams.

4) See if Pitt is thinking of a roster semi blowup. If they are interested in a Luongo deal see if they would part with Vokoun. Not only would it be good PR fodder I would love to have Vokoun as a solid option behind Rinne.

5) Kick the tires on a B. Richards trade, yes I am crazy enough to make a deal like that. IF NYR eats some of the money.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.