HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New to HFB? Introduce Yourself Here.

Old
05-05-2013, 09:38 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubylazara View Post
Hello everyone.

My name is Ruby and I myself am from Russia but my sister is a citizen of America and that helps a LOT when it comes to watching games live

I've been around for a while but never said a word. Instead of a big boring newbie message here's a translation of a cut from Gino's interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI2J-JZm5x4

When it's Russian, he can actually talk and say stuff besides "Good game, skate on ice" or "he has bad hands" lol

Ask me if you ever need translation of... anything... that is in Russian

Fighting Penguins!
Welcome aboard!! We need more Russian luck for our GDTs! Look forward to your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekki View Post
Hey,

I'm Bekki, I'm 23 from the UK. I got into ice hockey just over three years ago; my ex used to love hockey and I got into it through watching it with him. I didn't want to support the same team as him (Coyotes) so picked my own. Silly little reasons were used for picking the Penguins, but three years down the line, I'm a huge Penguins fan! It is my goal to see them play one day!

Random info: I have a son called Sidney (coincidence, honestly.....) and a daughter called Evie. My favourite player is Dupuis. Yeah I can't really think of anything else that's interesting enough!

Are girls frowned upon in here? In the UK it's a rarity for girls to be into sports so they're kind of outcast. At least that's the impression you get, anyway!
We actually have a few girls around here that are everyday posters. Come on in and enjoy it! And wow... I cannot believe you have a son and daughter like #87/#71 on accident. This team was meant for you!

We also have a lot of UK people around here, too. Aussies as well.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 04:18 AM
Bekki
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
We actually have a few girls around here that are everyday posters. Come on in and enjoy it! And wow... I cannot believe you have a son and daughter like #87/#71 on accident. This team was meant for you!

We also have a lot of UK people around here, too. Aussies as well.
Well, my son wasn't called Sidney so much by accident; I started following the Pens in December 2009 and I found out around the same time I was pregnant. Had my heart set on Sidney so we named him that. I have been asked if he was named after Crosby, I tell people no but in reality, yeah he kind of was! He was born on the 10th September, too, which is Jordan Staal's birthday who was still playing for the Pens at the time (as I'm sure you know!). Also, the Pens were founded on my mum's birthday, so they were definitely meant for me

I have never realised that Evie is similar to Evgeni! My ex wanted to call her Taylor, which would have been the same as Crosby's sister. That would have been a little weird!

Bekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 04:20 AM
Bekki
Rookie User

Oh, and thank you everyone for the very warm welcome!

Bekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2013, 10:44 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Welcome Bekki. You've clearly got the Penguins Numerology mojo flowing... keep up the good work.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 12:41 AM
Nathan MacKinnon
Believe in BLUE

Hey all - I'm a die hard Canucks fan but the Penguins have been my second favorite team from almost since the very day I became interested in hockey - and they still are. That is why I don't consider myself a bandwagon Penguins fan. While I am not a diehard Pens fan as I am towards the Canucks I am not a bandwagoner. While I understand some of you may feel I jumped on the bandwagon - that is not the truth.

I am currently 15 years old in ninth grade and I have been posting on forum.canucks.com for over three years where I have over 8,000 posts and I have also been posting on the HFBoards Canucks forum somewhat lately. I have gotten tired of the stupidity of Canuck fans on CDC so I now turn to Penguins fans in hope of better conversations about hockey and less retardation

Here is a variation of a post I made on the HFBoards Canucks Introduce Yourself Thread with edits about the Pens

I was first introduced to the game of hockey at the age of 7 one day in Grade 3. As an Asian kid, I did not know much about hockey or what it meant to Canada. Many of my white friends were in love with this sport, and they told me I should check it out. Naturally, since I grew up in Burnaby, which is a suburb of Vancouver, the first team I checked out was the Vancouver Canucks. So I checked out game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals when the Canucks faced the Ducks. One of my first impressions was that it was a fast paced game and extremely exciting. I couldn't stop watching, I was hooked. After the Canucks were knocked out I watched the Ducks win the Cup and Scotty Niedermayer lifting the Cup.

The next season I was officially hooked, I watched the entire 2007-08 season, which was one of our worst seasons in awhile. We missed the playoffs, placing 10th in the West. In 08-09 we finished 3rd in the West and our rivalry with Chicago began. Then in 09-10 Henrik won the Art Ross and the Hart, and we once again lost to Chicago with Luongo ******** the bed. One of my fondest Canuck memories was the Daniel Sedin between the legs goal on Miikka Kiprousoff, with a Henrik Sedin assist in the last game of the season where Hank got 4 points to jump into the points lead and win the Art Ross.

But of course, this post is about the Penguins! Honestly, originally I was kind of a bandwagon fan - aside from the Canucks, I was lost. So naturally I followed the best team in the first full season I watched - 2007-08. The Penguins were in the Cup Finals that year - they had made a big trade landing Hossa which I remember seeing on TSN Tradecenter and they also made some signings. They made it all the way to Game 6 before bowing out to the Detroit Red Wings. I remember Chris Osgood making a great save in the dying seconds of Game 6 to seal the deal. In 08-09 the Penguins went all the way to Game 7 of the Cup Finals. Emotions were running high in that series as it was a rematch of the Finals from the year before. Hossa had also turned his back on the Penguins to sign with Detroit. I remember how the home team won every single game in that series up until game 7. I remember watching Game 7 on CBC. It was a very hot June day in Vancouver. I still lived in my old house back then. Max Talbot scored two goals that game and I still remember it vividly - 6.5 seconds. Jordan Staal vs Henrik Zetterberg with the net pulled and the Cup on the line - Rafalski took a booming slap shot then Fleury absolutely robbed Lidstrom on a wide open rebound that likely would have counted and sent the game to OT had it gone in. I remember being really happy even though the Penguins weren't my #1 team. And that's when I knew that I was a true Penguins fan. And I never looked back!

Some things about me as a hockey fan:
Favorite team is clearly the Vancouver Canucks, second favorite would be the Pittsburgh Penguins
Favorite player is Henrik Sedin, favorite player in the NHL is Sidney Crosby
Favorite Penguins are Sidney Crosby, Kris Letang and Evgeni Malkin (Generic I know lol)
Most memorable Penguins moment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_QOikFdRiY

Well that's it! Go Pens Go! Pens for Cup 2013!

Nathan MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 03:22 AM
Robb Stark

Hello Pens Fans

I have been reading Pens HF Boards for about five years. I have finally decided to write a few posts, and hopefully I won't get flamed too harshly

I live in New Zealand, where we have about 4 non professional Hockey teams playing in our national competition, but no rinks in my town. Over here Hockey generally means a game played on artificial turf with a ball.

I started following Hockey about 15 years ago through one of the EA Sports NHL games. Liked it, and got to know the players, so started following scores. Full on fanship/obsession progressed from there.

Pens were always a team I liked, for no particular reason, but really started following them when Malkin come to the NHL. The way he left his Russian team was pretty epic, and then the way he played that rookie season was awesome.

7pm starts are normally 11am or 1pm over here, depending on daylight saving, but I work shifts so get to watch quite a bit.

Go Pens, Fire Bylsma, Trade Kennedy for a bag of pucks while his value is high (am I posting here correctly?)

Robb Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 08:19 PM
IRONCITY63
Rookie User

Hey Pens fans new to this site but have been a Pens fan since 1975.

IRONCITY63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 09:44 PM
LooseSeal

Hello, fellow Pens fans!

Penguin fan since: I was born. Literally. My first night home from the hospital was the night the Penguins won the Stanley cup in 1992. It was the first thing I ever watched on TV, according to my father.
Favorite player: Difficult to say.
Interesting Fact(s)- I participate in medical research studies for extra cash and I rescue animals. Right now, I have 8 - three dogs and five cats. They all get along and my vet occasionally confuses my binder for that of the animal shelter.
Marital Status: Single
Video Games: I'm honestly terrible. Mario Kart '64, 007 Goldeneye, Starfox, Pokemon, and that's about all I can do.
Least favorite player of all time- Probably Primeau or Hartnell but it's difficult to pick just one!
Other hockey team I'm a fan of: Wilkes-Barre Scranton Baby Penguins
Penguin games- When I can. Attended the Playoff Opener against the Isles, wearing my #19 Jersey
Vehicle- Ford Taurus
Position played (if any)-
Hobbies: Hockey, Neuroscience, Physics, working with animals, playing music, and reading
Countries visited: Netherlands, France, Belgium, Germany, and Mexico.

LooseSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 11:25 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Welcome aboard, guys/gals! PM me if you have any questions.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Clarence Beeks

Hello. I just thought I would take this opportunity to introduce myself. I'm hoping to find a place to talk about hockey at a high level with a strong dose of sarcasm. Perhaps this is the right place?

Clarence Beeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Musberg
Rookie User

Hi all.

Long time reader... Figured it was about time I got an account. Pens fan since 1987 Canada Cup when I discovered some guy named Mario.

Musberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 01:10 AM
PITinTPE
Rookie User

Hey Yinz!

I grew up in Pittsburgh and am a die-hard Pittsburgh sports fan... First Steelers game was at old Pitt Stadium in 1968... My Pop used to take us to see the Pens back when they only wore blue... Syl Apps, Ron Shock, et al...

Been living in Taiwan for nearly 30 years. But, I manage to keep up with Pittsburgh sports, especially now that we have on-line viewing! Back in the old days over here, viewing American sports on the television was a pretty rare event.

Let's Go Pens!

Last edited by PITinTPE: 05-28-2013 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Typo...
PITinTPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Monkey4Sale
Rookie User

Hi!

I'm Michael, originally from WV, but have recently transplanted to Bellevue. My SN is from my favourite Lange-ism. I've been enjoying the banter and conversation on the boards for a couple of months now, and decided I would come out from the shadows.

Monkey4Sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 09:07 PM
PITinTPE
Rookie User

Cool!

PITinTPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2013, 09:53 PM
live4hockey

Ah the introduce yourself thread...right on!

I'm Tom, I live in VA...about 20 minutes outside of DC. Grew up oversea's...Dad was military...Pittsburgh was really the first city in the US I went to when we moved..since my Mom's brother and his family lived there. They took me to a baseball game and I have been a fan of all the teams ever since. I'm 35 and really got into hockey and the Pens in the 88 season..what a great time to start! I play hockey and also coach my sons hockey teams....nothing better than hockey! I finally decided to register and try to add to some of the banter, looks like a great place! I don't know what I would do without the NHL Center Ice and was really bored during the lockout haha!

live4hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 10:19 AM
87and71
Wheat, not Chaff!!!!

Hi,

Been reading the forums for a while and decided to join up.

My name is Paul and my family hails from the best city in the world, Pittsburgh. I'm currently living in south central PA now, but get back to da burgh' whenever I can for Steelers, Pens, and Pirates games, among family time.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and introduce myself. I look forward to talking about the Pens and other Pittsburgh sports.

87and71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC607 View Post
I missed this earlier... Stelio... as in....?

You will become a hero in these parts if you play your cards right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87and71 View Post
Hi,

Been reading the forums for a while and decided to join up.

My name is Paul and my family hails from the best city in the world, Pittsburgh.
Welcome, Paul. Enjoy the forums.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 07:22 PM
joescullz
Rookie User

Hi Pgh fans. I have been to this site several time and thought i would sign up. I love the Pens and Steelers. As far as the Pirates go, i dont have a problem with them, but ownership is a different story.

joescullz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Jacob

my name is Jake, I'm 15 and I love memes.

Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 12:09 AM
Ally22

Hi I'm Ally, I'm 20, from Toronto born and raised and I've been lurking for awhile. I'm a relatively new hockey fan (growing up my brother played hockey and I did figure skating) but I like (hope) to think that I know more than Rob Rossi. Seriously though, I learned a lot just from creeping the forums and so I decided to make an account and say hi

Ally22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 12:46 AM
TheRealDeal18871

Hey all,

Came across this site a few years ago around one of the trade deadlines and been of fan of it since then. My name's Randy and I follow pretty much everything going on in the NHL and more specifically the Penguins. Have been watching the Pens since the mid 90's when I started watching hockey. I'm also a fan of the Steelers and Pirates.

TheRealDeal18871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Name: Humpty
Pronounced: with an umpty.
Likes: to hump thee, bumping top 10 rappers, steppin tall, to rhyme, my beats funky, my oatmeal lumpy, the girls with the boom
Mood: Spunky, sometimes I get ridiculous
Appearance: Skinny, they say ugly (but it just don't phase me), large nose (like a pickle)
Achievements: Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom, Got my own dance.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Name: Humpty
Pronounced: with an umpty.
Likes: to hump thee, bumping top 10 rappers, steppin tall, to rhyme, my beats funky, my oatmeal lumpy, the girls with the boom
Mood: Spunky, sometimes I get ridiculous
Appearance: Skinny, they say ugly (but it just don't phase me), large nose (like a pickle)
Achievements: Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom, Got my own dance.

Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Stilly

Hello guys, I want to introduce myself. First of all, sorry if my english isn't that well as I'm from Germany. I'm 28 years old and following the Penguins since 1992. My uncle was in Pittsburgh for three weeks and brought me a lot Penguins stuff. As a kid, I loved the Penguin on the Sweater / Basecap.... and that's how I became a Penguins fan. I'm trying to catch as many games as possible on NHL gamecenter and I would say the Penguins are my biggest love.

Stilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 08:40 PM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilly View Post
Hello guys, I want to introduce myself. First of all, sorry if my english isn't that well as I'm from Germany. I'm 28 years old and following the Penguins since 1992. My uncle was in Pittsburgh for three weeks and brought me a lot Penguins stuff. As a kid, I loved the Penguin on the Sweater / Basecap.... and that's how I became a Penguins fan. I'm trying to catch as many games as possible on NHL gamecenter and I would say the Penguins are my biggest love.
Welcome, glad to have you. We have a few fans from Germany on this board.

td_ice is online now   Reply With Quote