HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 7/3) *Part IV*

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2013, 01:23 AM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
So the point is that Kreider has a better shot from a distance?

A heavy shot is a great thing to have, and the fact that Lucic has this because of his size is a plus, not something to discount in value.

Lucic is a very rare combination of skill and size and toughness and I don't think his release is slow. He is also very nimble for a guy of his size.

He does not have hands of lightning, but slow he ain't. His reactions on the puck are excellent.

So far, to me, Kreider doesn't seem to have that much hockey sense. Great skater and strength, so he will be a solid NHL player. He might become more, but who knows.
Comparing the two players is pretty much apples and oranges in terms of their styles at this point.. I've not seen nearly enough of what I want from Kreider yet. I will say that his shot is impressive. Quick, hard, accurate. He needs to use it a whole lot more.

Old
06-20-2013, 04:30 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I'm anxious to see what Fogarty can do in a more significant role. Since we've drafted him he's landed in two situations where he's been maneuvered into a more defensive role. With the departure of Lee, he should see more time in all situations.
I remember he missed prospect camp last year because he was taking classes.

It would be in his best interest not to skip this year.

Old
06-20-2013, 05:48 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
I remember he missed prospect camp last year because he was taking classes.

It would be in his best interest not to skip this year.
I'm fairly certain that, due to his collegiate status, he'd have to attend prospect camp on his own dime.

Old
06-20-2013, 06:03 AM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I'm fairly certain that, due to his collegiate status, he'd have to attend prospect camp on his own dime.
Yes, this is true with NCAA rules. He gotta pay for his flight, food, hotel or "work something out with his parents."

Still a drive from Minnesota or Indiana to NY or even a flight isn't that bad.

Nieves who lives much closer made it a point to drive down from upstate NY and come to camp last year. No reason Fogarty can't if he wants to.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Why do you think he has a better shot than Lucic?
Nothing more than watching them play. Kreidet has an elite shot; quick release, great velocity, and accurate.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:38 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Comparing the two players is pretty much apples and oranges in terms of their styles at this point.. I've not seen nearly enough of what I want from Kreider yet. I will say that his shot is impressive. Quick, hard, accurate. He needs to use it a whole lot more.
Not just styles, but effectiveness and place in the NHL at this point.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Nothing more than watching them play. Kreidet has an elite shot; quick release, great velocity, and accurate.
Yes, and he certainly gave you plenty to scout off of. 19 shots total all season. 19 elite shots.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:46 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Yes, and he certainly gave you plenty to scout off of. 19 shots total all season. 19 elite shots.
ive watched kreider a lot myself, the kid does have a damn good shot. its not on par with a guy like CT...but its probably one of the best on our team...he just doesnt use it enough.

Old
06-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
ive watched kreider a lot myself, the kid does have a damn good shot. its not on par with a guy like CT...but its probably one of the best on our team...he just doesnt use it enough.
Word. It's not hard to see when a guy has a good shot, even if you don't see him use it a lot. Take a look at the goal he scored against Brodeur this year (it's not hard, he didn't score that many!). Getting into position to use his shot more is the biggest challenge for him at this point, and I think he did a better job in the playoffs as he got more icetime, but it's going to have to be part of his development as a player to learn how to get quality shots on goal

Old
06-20-2013, 10:35 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Christian Thomas has a sick shot...best shot in the organization...by a lot.

He should get a look in camp, we dont have enough guys who can rifle the puck like he can.

Old
06-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Not just styles, but effectiveness and place in the NHL at this point.
Very true. Lucic is firmly established as NHL impact player:

GP G A Pts Pim
NHL totals: 359 90 122 212 525

Playoffs: 62 15 20 35 137

Kreider, very much less so:

23 2 1 3 6

26 6 3 9 6

Time will tell, but that's what Kreider needs. The one thing above all that has impressed me about Kreider thus far is that he has demonstrated ability to elevate his game, make plays and score goals in clutch play off situations.

Time and patience.

Old
06-20-2013, 11:19 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Yes, exactly. Chris Kreider just hit the radar three months ago. We haven't watched him through three years of college, two WJC, two world championships, two playoff runs, and a host of other games. Sometimes people need to just pull back from the computer before they type something stupid.

Old
06-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Lucic has an excellent shot.

(1:02)

Old
06-20-2013, 12:14 PM
bhamill

Kreider and Lucic are not the same type of player and they are not going to ever BE the same type of player. All they really have in common is size, strength and forward position.
Lucic is tough with the gloves on or off, his strength is parking around the net. He has a good shot, but what gets him his goals are his will around the net and the room he gets because of his toughness.
Kreider is a rocket on skates and has a fast, hard shot that is even harder to stop when he releases it when he is moving. He hits. Hard. The blind squirrel statement makes no sense. He freight trained Seidenberg three times on that shift, it wasn't an accident. He'd also squashed McQuaid and easily bowled over Mt Chara in the series. He will throw more of that when (if) he has a little reassurance from behind the bench. He will get his goals on rushes and by driving to the net rather than parking there.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Dude there is no way all nineteen were elite. It was much closer to 17.

Disintegrated MCL
rip
Old
06-20-2013, 12:42 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamill View Post
Kreider and Lucic are not the same type of player and they are not going to ever BE the same type of player. All they really have in common is size, strength and forward position.
Lucic is tough with the gloves on or off, his strength is parking around the net. He has a good shot, but what gets him his goals are his will around the net and the room he gets because of his toughness.
Kreider is a rocket on skates and has a fast, hard shot that is even harder to stop when he releases it when he is moving. He hits. Hard. The blind squirrel statement makes no sense. He freight trained Seidenberg three times on that shift, it wasn't an accident. He'd also squashed McQuaid and easily bowled over Mt Chara in the series. He will throw more of that when (if) he has a little reassurance from behind the bench. He will get his goals on rushes and by driving to the net rather than parking there.
Agree.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Yes, exactly. Chris Kreider just hit the radar three months ago. We haven't watched him through three years of college, two WJC, two world championships, two playoff runs, and a host of other games. Sometimes people need to just pull back from the computer before they type something stupid.
Saying Chris Kreider has an elite anything at the NHL level is whats pretty stupid at this point -- almost as stupid as promoting Jeff Halpern.

Old
06-20-2013, 12:56 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Saying Chris Kreider has an elite anything at the NHL level is whats pretty stupid at this point -- almost as stupid as promoting Jeff Halpern.
Halpern can skate, bro. I don't know why NHL GMs and coaches are so in the dark about this guy.

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
06-20-2013, 12:58 PM
trench23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamill View Post
I actually have to disagree with this a bit. I felt watching him, Chris only threw hits because that is what Torts wanted. I don't know if he will be nearly as aggressive with AV as the coach now. That said, he can use his body in other ways that he still needs to learn at the pro level - protecting the puck - but i wouldn't expect shifts where he is bowling over people on a night in/out basis. Sure he might get ticked once in a while and throw a major hit - history shows us he has that ability as you point out- but i wouldnt get used to it.
Torts preached Jam, benched Kreids multiple times until he got what he wanted. AV might not be the same... the reassurance from the bench from AV might be more offensive, which is also a good thing since the team lacks that secondary scoring.

And for the record, I was/am a Torts fan.

Old
06-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
It's always a good idea to follow up one moronic statement with another. Be consistent I say. Chris Kreider has an elite shot; nothing stupid about that. And if Christian Thomas made the team out of camp you could say the same thing about him. Does CK have elite speed? Or is it too early to tell?

Old
06-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Halpern can skate, bro. I don't know why NHL GMs and coaches are so in the dark about this guy.
they're not. He's been a good player in the league for a long time. Pick your battles; carpet bombing the board is never a good idea even for a guy as clever as you seem to believe you are.

Old
06-20-2013, 03:31 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
“When it came down to it, New York was the team,” Nicholls said of his decision to sign with the Rangers despite other teams showing interest. “They showed that passion towards me being part of the organization. I think playing five years in the WHL, I felt like I grew each year. I’m just looking forward to getting into camp and showing the organization [what I have to offer].”

“I always saw that positive feedback [from the Rangers scouts] and that they liked my game,” Nicholls added. “I always wanted to work harder so the next time they saw me, they saw improvements.”

One of the members of the team’s front office that Nicholls developed a relationship with was Adam Graves, who would take in Blades games and meet with the young forward to go over his game.

Growing up in B.C., Nicholls — and his father — were Canucks fans, and Nicholls said he now jokes with his family about Graves, who wasn’t a family-favorite due to the Rangers’ 1994 Stanley Cup win over Vancouver.

“Adam is a guy I watched growing up,” Nicholls said. “It’s definitely cool to see me on the other side” of the family rivalry with the Rangers.
http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/36...s#.UcNVrxbvy8o

Adam Graves should be a candidate for a bigger role in the Rangers organization. Graves can call Steve Spott and ask about John Moore(and get an honest opinion) because he is thisclose with Spott. He knows all of the Rangers prospects from the rookie camps. He travels to watch Rangers prospects play. He meets with them. He scouts other players. This guy doesn't sit on his ass and do nothing like #11 who likes to seen sitting next to Sather at home games. Graves is part of Oshawa Generals ownership group.

Old
06-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
they're not. He's been a good player in the league for a long time. Pick your battles; carpet bombing the board is never a good idea even for a guy as clever as you seem to believe you are.
So you're saying it is a good idea for someone at a different level of clever?

Old
06-20-2013, 03:51 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
So you're saying it is a good idea for someone at a different level of clever?
I think he's saying you're the A-Rod of clever. I disagree. I think you're much more clever than that.

Old
06-20-2013, 03:55 PM
JeffMangum
~Dylan~

Watching some videos of Fast and Lindberg, they both definitely look very impressive. I agree with the O'Reilly comparison for Lindberg. Also see a little Zetterberg in there, perhaps...but I don't want to jump the gun. Fast reminded me of Danny Briere.

Everything about you is bringing me misery.
Closed Thread